Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Doesn't it get a preload too? That would be pretty rad if I was getting it digitally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How much were the streetpass games gonna total? $15 for the whole bundle?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

No nothing like that. It's a 5 dollar one time fee that gives you a few extra features - you can make Mii's VIPs so they'll never get deleted, set what music you want to play (I haven't figured out how to do this though...), collect birthdays of the people you streetpass which ultimately gets you tons of plaza tickets, and modify how much "conversation" you get when greeting each Mii in the plaza.

Hm. I've spent $5 on worse things. I'll give this a shot. I'll pick up a $20 eshop card and use the rest to buy the new Smash DLC.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The zombie streetpass game is better than I thought it would be, but the biggest flaw is that you'll only ever use the wii remote weapon because everyone is only going to make Video Games their hobby.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The fact that he had Legend of Legacy on his mind might be a good sign though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

I don't think the gathering quests are that bad in this one but I will say it's a really dumb design choice to make you do a couple of those "kill these small monsters" quests to start, because the game and controls really aren't designed around fast small targets and it seems clunky as hell to newcomers. I remember thinking "gently caress this game what the hell" in Tri when I was trying to swat Jaggi with a greatsword as my introduction to the franchise.

I don't mind that aspect, I just hate that the game seems to make finding those monsters near impossible during those missions.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like SMT games a lot, but I haven't touched the Devil Survivor games. The character designs make me want to punch every character in the throat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's a decent chance it'll come out here. It's already translated and has the mobile remake out here.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Color Printer posted:

Stretchmo's really cute! The robots are cute especially the one that sells you the passes! It's all cute! Help

My only regret is buying the whole package. Now the cute robot has nothing else to sell me.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sodium Chloride posted:

Bought a New XL but it has two red stuck pixels on the bottom :(. Is there anything I can do about it? Or should I just return it?

Just return it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, the first wave of Sega 3D Classics are $3 each right now: Sonic, Altered Beast, Ecco, Space Harrier, Galaxy Force, Super Hang-On, Streets of Rage, Shinobi 3.

Not letting this fall to the bottom of the page.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I went to a Toys R Us not too long ago and I saw a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D at $20 because it was an opened return. I assume they did it because the person buying it didn't have a New 3DS. I'd check around your Toys R Us's to see if this is a common thing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Everyone go play DQV right now. And if you've already played it before, play it again.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Should I get the iOS one? It has decent reviews

I heard it has a ton of framerate problems that they never patched out, even before people mentioned them on the last couple pages here. Look for a copy of DQ9. It's pretty cheap and easy to find. It's even pretty fun if you can talk some friends into getting it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Afro posted:

They won't take physical damage as far as I've read. Unless a goon knows otherwise.

They can take damaged ones in at a reduced rate as long as the unit can actually turn on. They're supposed to anyway.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is there more to the Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold demo than the one quest?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Care to elaborate?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

My question mark was because I don't even understand your question. It's the whole first three floors of the game and has several quests.

Ah. I did the first quest and no other ones were popping up for me. I'll go explore the other floors.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

zoux posted:

Every time I'm interested in downloading a game, I can't find it on the eshop. I was like, hmm Dragon Quest V looks fun but it doesn't have a digital download and new copies are like fifty bucks.

There must have been a reprint recently, cause I've seen it in a lot of Gamestops for about half that much.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How does multiplayer work in Happy Home Designer? Does it even have multiplayer?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan's getting a metallic red New XL on August 27:

What colors did they get at launch? Is this the same red the US already has?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ah. So we're definitely getting blue soon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

So I just picked up MH4U and I see there loads of downloadable quests. Should I just grab them all now or wait until I'm a little ways in first?

Download them all. No point in waiting to download them. You can tackle them when you're ready.

DQXI looks amazing. The use of the 3DS is pretty inventive.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm gonna need some help here. So my girlfriend was gonna start Monster Hunter 4 on her New 3DS and downloading the update seems to have corrupted the data on her SD card. All of her downloaded 3DS games aren't showing up. Are there any fixes for this without having to reformat the card? It'll destroy her to have to start her Animal Crossing town all over again.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sire Oblivion posted:

Can you pull the files off the SD card with a computer?

She's a couple hours away in another city, so I can't be there to do it myself. She coincidentally backed up her SD card to her laptop this morning. So right now she's deleting the card and copying everything over. But part of me is thinking Animal Crossing isn't gonna like that for Nintendo reasons.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

She's probably screwed. drat. She was really close to 100 percenting her item catalog too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i know that goons still play ac and if you posted about this in the ac thread she would probably get showered in stuff to rebuild her town. not as good as a working save but maybe it will help a bit :(

Thanks. I might arrange that once she gets to the acceptance phase.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if Triforce Heroes and Yokai Watch get puzzles. I too, miss having puzzles to collect.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The only complaint about playing MGS3D on N3DS is that there is no way of changing the controls. Aiming and shooting ate done with the tiny L2/R2 buttons.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

If I already own MH4U, is there any reason whatsoever to pickup MH3U?

No. Especially since MH3U has underwater fights, which are tedious as all hell.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Why does the Legend of Legacy demo bother to make you decide which character to choose? There's no choice. Everyone's gonna unanimously choose the frog.

The frog gives me a Filmia vibe. The last RPG I played that featured a frog was one of the best ones ever made. :getin:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Because it's a short list.

EXCLUSIVE:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
The Binding of Isaac

Enhanced:
Super Smash Bros (load times)
Hyrule Warriors (3D function)

Edit: Oh yeah. Monster Hunter and Ocarina did have some enhancements.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I thought about that, with the circle pad professional and NFC readers being out, I figured to only include things that only the New 3DS could pull off.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What does the amiibo even do in Chibi Robo? Asking for a friend.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I didn't like the Legend of Legacy demo much but there's a SEGA SRPG coming next month. Any more details on it?

The CEO of the developer up and vanished without a trace. :iiam:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How the hell do I beat the Soul Legion in Legend of Legacy? I'm playing as Filmia if that makes a difference.

Edit: I bet it. The answer was to grind a lot.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 19, 2015

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When is the Yokai Watch demo gonna release already?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm at work, so I get to just suffer quietly while I tap out code using the force of my falling tears :v:

Anyway, when it finally hits can somebody answer my question from the other day? If it's a first 30 minutes type of demo, I'll probably skip it. If it's an out of context content remix, I'll check it out.

It's still not out, but I remember last year's Pokemon demo was an out of context content remix of sorts. So I'm betting on that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Posted that last night! Playing it now.

It's hard to judge, but I'm guessing the demo takes place a few minutes after the intro, right when it lets the player control stuff. It immediately reminds me of the beginning to NiNoKuni, the modern day Japan stuff before he got sucked to the fantasy world. I get the feeling that Yo-Kai Watch might have started as a sequel to NiNoKuni, but had to be retooled because they weren't able to collaborate with Studio Ghibli again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Yo-Kai Watch demo was pretty short. Just find and fight three Yo-Kai and report back and then it ends.
The battle system felt too simple. Spin the wheel to pick your Yo-Kai and then spam their Soultimate attack. It's not very nuanced. Hopefully it gets better in the main game.