Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

That's got to be one of the happiest-looking birds I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kajeesus posted:

Spanish spanish Spanish spanish spanish spanish Spanish spanish.

BATMAN!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Evilreaver posted:

PokeGo doesn't use any data at all, it's crazy. I'm on a 1GB/month plan because I never leave the house and my social life is a void and I was starting to worry when my carrier texted me I had 5% data remaining (I had left WiFi off while downloading :doh:)

Still went on 20km worth of hunts, collecting everything/playing normally, came back with 2% remaining. Similarly, I have no idea how they managed to spend 100MB on it-- does that screen count downloading the app? :psyduck:

Maybe it's one of those things where the app itself takes up relatively little space but everything you do with it adds to the mysterious "Documents & Data" usage?

Like, when you have music on your iPhone, the audio file itself takes up a certain amount of memory but then the album art and everything else that goes with it takes up more room on top of it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Why did she need to say all that when, "No," would have sufficed?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

In this picture, he's just noticed that the guy sitting right in front of him has a bacon sandwich.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

The gently caress does an astrophysicist know about global warming?

Probably more than Gary P Jackson (RAT).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Is this what the presidential portrait will look like?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Singing his hit song, "Reap Me".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This is what the UN Security Council will probably look like this time next year:

I mean, it's not "ha ha ha" funny...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I love all of those old "Illustrated Police News" pictures from 120 or so years ago, particularly this one:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This one's pretty fantastic:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

But Mike Pence isn't a lovable racist

And furthermore:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I didn't know Jeff Sessions worked for the History Channel.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like paleontology must have been a lot more interesting to follow when it was all about Edward Cope and Charles Marsh.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skippy McPants posted:

The 90s had a lot of song like this. It was definitely the decade for driving singles into the loving dirt.

Cf. the time Lindisfarne re-released "Fog On the Tyne" with Paul Gascoigne on lead vocals.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vietnamwees posted:

Everything just keeps coming back to Hitler and the Third Reich in this thread, I don't know why either.

:iiam:

It's mosely just joking about.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cue "Turn Turn Turn" by the Byrds

NARRATOR (DANIEL STERN):
Me?! Secretary of State?! Was he serious?! I didn't realise it at the time, but a little piece of my sanity had slipped away forever.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is this a sort of Rachel Dolezal thing?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

Lest we forget this vile act of terror.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nvfQw8UCDE

The single best parody of Sinn Fein there's ever been.

Harry Enfield did the loyalists.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Your tone is antagonistic and you're making me very angry.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

No 2016 was actually good

It was pretty bad mainly because the anti-free trade factions in Britain and America won.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JnnyThndrs posted:

This. I'm lucky because both my parents have the same political beliefs they always did, lefty as gently caress, but way too many of their friends are raving Trumpsters. How one can go from tripping on acid at Woodstock to right wing xenophobia is beyond me.

They say that people get more conservative as they get older, but that's not nuanced enough. People actually get more conservative once they start paying taxes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kwyndig posted:

Didn't it originally say "Hollywoodland" anyway. If you're going to bitch about a sign being a historic landmark then restore it to the original 1923 design :colbert:

Refusing to restore the "-land" at the end was a deliberate decision - it's a memorial to all the mobsters who died stopping Timothy Dalton's Nazi zeppelin.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Here is a funny picture about a comic book movie:

I remember seeing a similar article or advert (in a fanzine? I haven't a clue) from 1987 where a Star Wars fan loses their poo poo over how Spaceballs was the ultimate insult.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tenchi Muyo gets me wet posted:

Please. Trump isn't going to have Tingle killed.

Nah, he'd probably just pee on him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any video game movie adaptations that are good / competent?

I remember the first Tomb Raider with Angelina Jolie being sort of okay for what it was but haven't seen it in a while.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was it MK where Christopher Lambert played the main character? I've not watched it but I've considered it solely on the basis that Christopher Lamber was in it, because a) I love Highlander; and b) one of my favourite terrible sci-fi/fantasy movies is this Beowulf adaptation from 20 years ago that reimagines the story as "Beowulf if he was Mad Max".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One interesting fact about that movie is that Squaresoft were convinced that the CGI model for the main character was going to become a "virtual actor" who they'd be able reuse in other productions.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mierenneuker posted:

Not much. Most of his salary went to an outrageous dental bill because he was chewing so much scenery.

If they ever made a bad guy version of the Expendables, Jeremy Irons would have to be their leader. Either him or Malcolm McDowell.

(Should have been Alan Rickman, but, well... :smith:)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's not a terrible line, just terrible direction and delivery. If she said "do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lighting?" then struck him with lightning, and then turned around and did a little shrug and said casually, "same thing that happens to everything else", it'd be fine.

"It croaks," probably would've been a better choice.

In an earlier version of the script, there was going to be a running joke where Toad would ask, "Want to know what happens when a toad does X?" but it was removed from the final draft where Toad is a non-speaking character; that was meant to be the payoff.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There was that girl who named her kid "Yuji Naka".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

:rock:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless