Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

JohnGalt posted:

Statistically equal to the odds of north Charleston being burned to the ground.

I don't believe in the death penalty because it costs too much, but it this case I can support it. The death penalty is as much about the victims and the community as it is about keeping a person away from the rest of society.

murdering another person because they murdered someone is an idiotic way to approach justice, even if this guy is part of the "bad guys" in your point of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

104 is probably within margin of error for testing, showing them to be nothing more than average when it comes to a specific intelligence test.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

That's pretty smart, I didn't know they started giving it to cops so thanks for that. The reason I hammer on calling EMS is that a lot of google educated recreational drug users buy naloxon and use it as a replacement for calling EMS when suspecting an overdoses. While it is a great working antidote, fact remains that even hospitals have opioid OD patients die while in their care.

About the wallgreens: is naxolon already an over the counter drug in the US?

fairly certain its not an over the counter for narcan yet but there are programs in certain states for easier access to it

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

ActusRhesus posted:

But that's the whole problem

OMG look at this thing I found that proves this thing I think!

actually that's not what that means.

Shut up fascist. Stop thinking you're better than everyone.

You'd get a lot more actual info if you could..you know...ask nicely.

Speaking of which, joeburz, I haven't forgotten about you. Still phone posting. Stupidly busy week.

lol dont worry, just send it whenever you get a chance

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Laughing at the thought of two lawyers looking down on this guy that disagrees with them because he teaches at a sub-tier school, meanwhile they're shitposting on something awful dot com.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

chitoryu12 posted:

We're also the nation that in 2012 incarcerated 716 people out of every 100,000 and has a justice system predominately based around punishment rather than rehabilitation, using prisoners as cheap labor and using gradually increasing fines and fees as a way of gathering income. We also regularly deny rights to ex-cons and vilify them until they're ostracized from society and are thus very likely to return to a life of crime. We're generally kinda really lovely when it comes to criminal justice.

And then you have a prosecutor coming into the thread and literally mocking the notion of rehabilitation.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you can't exercise message discipline, you're almost certainly in the wrong.

:allears: whats with the sudden change of heart?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

semper wifi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd2Ibw7wrvs

You know, I'm usually pretty sympathetic to gently caress the police but it's hard to get angry at Baltimore PD when this is how the residents behave.

Lol you're in every cop thread being a dumb poo poo apologist, so nice concern troll

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

shrike82 posted:

As Reddit put it so eloquently

lol they said the same poo poo about MLK's protests

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

hobbesmaster posted:

Also it should be pointed out that while MLK himself was peacefully protesting other people certainly were violent.

also civil rights era protests were treated exactly the same. why can't they just protests in X way instead of Y???

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Radish posted:

Coincidentally X is where white people don't have to do or change anything.

are are even remotely impacted or inconvenienced

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Popular Thug Drink posted:

lots of people confusing "peaceful" with "nonviolent"

selma bridge certainly wasn't peaceful in any regard. when people say peaceful nowadays what they really mean is "does not inconvenience me or make me feel conflicting emotions"

do you mean peaceful in terms of police response or??

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Foma posted:

Here is the thing that is different now and why protesting is a counterproductive. The government learned to make sure police are not abusive to peaceful protestors. In the 60s we had Bull Connor unleashing dogs,hoses, and clubs on peaceful people galvanizing support for those we saw as facing injustice. Today the police hang back and protesters are "given room". So the public doesn't see peaceful protesters getting abused. They instead see the rioters whom the protesters unintentionally bring out abusing the community working to galvanize people in the other direction.

JFK said
"The Civil Rights movement should thank God for Bull Connor. He's helped it as much as Abraham Lincoln."

yeah now peaceful protesters are just completely ignored in both media and national policy

edit: also youre completely ignoring peaceful protesters as recent as last year being physically injured by police

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Blurry rear end pic on fb posted from the times square protest shows a protest sign with IS LIFE A WHITE PRIVILEGE

Owns hard

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Miltank posted:

What word is next after thug on the euphemism treadmill?

savages

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Lotka Volterra posted:

What would you say is the functional difference between peaceful black protesters and peaceful white protesters?

TSA only hates one of those groups

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Jarmak posted:

Love my state, guess being the first to gay marriage and universal healthcare just got blaise.

They've had a big problem with opioid-related deaths in the past couple years, so it's a shame it took this long but at least it's something. Gloucester is a hell of a place to roll this out but they also need it in other cities/towns throughout the rest of the state.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Jarmak posted:

I wasn't being ironic, I was bragging

i wasn't judging your post, just simply adding some context onto it for everyone. its a good policy but only local at the moment and needs to be adopted in more places.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

The Shortest Path posted:

Police murdered dude, murder is bad, therefore police are bad. That there are people still contesting this point is loving mind boggling.

No you see they only beat and drugged him, and he just died of completely unrelated issues.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Ytlaya posted:

As an addict, I can't even imagine being in withdrawal while in jail. Not only are you having to deal with withdrawal, which is hellish and torture in and of itself, but you're also having to deal with the stress of being in jail and not being given access to what little can help or ease the withdrawal.

Like, just the thought of being in that situation makes me feel sick, and I cannot even imagine what sort of person could see someone going through that level of suffering and show no empathy. And that's not even mentioning the whole "letting a person die (likely related to dehydration from the withdrawal)" thing. I can't even comprehend what would make someone such a bad person.

because people in these positions tend to not view the addict as a person, or at least one worth empathizing with in the first place anyways. they see the addict as vermin or scum not worth their time and only worth derision.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

we get that you hate your college but no one else care that you do

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

And I'm out of this thread again.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

chitoryu12 posted:

Tamir Rice had a fake gun in his waistband, therefore it was a Good Shoot. We should be grateful that our hero cops acted with such jurisprudence instead of risking their lives waiting to make sure that they should kill a 12-year-old!

Well you see *500 word post about how the cop was within his rights to shoot a child as his cruiser was in mid stop then lie throughout his report*

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Jarmak posted:

No, it's not, at all.

It's a post lamenting that cops don't lose their 5th amendment rights by becoming cops.

it's a post lamenting the differences between normal citizens and a cop when in similar situations.

ya know, the entire thing that is the problem here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

serious gaylord posted:

Except they have answered that, and given their opinion multiple times on it. Heres just one from a brief scan of their post history.

So they have in fact answered your question, you just seem to have missed it.

Lol, a one line barely answering the question, which is directly contradicted by his hundreds of posts in this and other threads being an unabashed apologist for every cop that murdered someone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread