Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

As a Broncos fan in LA, I am extremely pleased with the Chargers/Raiders stadium plan. Sucks for San Diego but an extra four hour round trip to get to a game is a small price to pay for the team staying in the general vicinity.

...silver lining? :iiam:

I have no sympathy for Raiders fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

warcrimes posted:

We're not the ones on here crying, though, so thanks for the sentiment, I guess?

Yes I am sure that every Raiders fan in America is on board with this because obviously all of them live in Los Angeles...although I guess based on that tarp most of them probably do.

Both my bay area and SD buddies are crying about this on facebook, for what it's worth.

Well, thanks for telling me that you, specifically, don't care about the Raiders moving. That's cool to know.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 20, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

I'm hope the Raiders move to LA so I can unironically wear my LA Raiders hat without looking like a douche

Honestly, Raiders gear looks cool as hell. No shame there. Broncos rule but it's impossible to wear the colors without looking retarded. How can you live in LA and not rock a Lakers or Raiders ballcap with one of them fancy pants stickers??

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Are you Eazy-E?

haha

Vertical Lime posted:

The NYC area has had 3 hockey teams for over 30 years and it's worked out well. Also there's never really been a Giants/Jets rivalry, and the Jets wanted out of Shea since they had little say there (i.e. they couldn't play home games until Mets season was over).

LA should only get the Rams or Raiders, no need to screw things up on multiple levels.

I wish we got the Jags so I wouldn't feel like a douche supporting the hometown team

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

So AEG, who wants to build the stadium in downtown LA, commissioned a report about how the Inglewood stadium would be a likely site for a terrorist attack.

:psyduck:

On the flip side, AEG's stadium will never exist so it can't really be the target of any attacks...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I've learned to love California despite its flaws after living in Alabama, South Carolina, the Philippines and Oklahoma. Those third world poo poo holes really helped me appreciate the state and all the associated good and bad.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

A stadium that takes "Spanish Mission" to a whole new level. I like it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Metapod posted:

serious question why does the rams owner want to move to California while they are in such an intense drought?

California has tooons of pasture land available and is more than willing to supply water to the herds

e: should've read the thread :(

Rasczak posted:

It's okay because rams frequently live in arid regions and can rely solely on ingesting grasses and shrubs for hydration

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Chargers stadium financing proposal will be officially released at 1pm PST today. Apparently there will be zero taxpayer money used :stare:

Whoa, that'd be incredible if it works out. Good luck.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It's bad but not that bad. The remediation plan makes sense and covers what it needs. If the toxic substance situation was really bad it would be a) a Superfund site and b) human activities would not be permitted. Instead, the EPA is using the Brownfields program to cover the cleanup. Basically this means that the EPA doesn't think people or the environment will be harmed once the waste is contained.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The best donut place is this little 24 hour shack in Newport Beach called Seaside. :colbert:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

St. Louis: Have a plan but no money, also the team's owner owns land in LA and is gonna build a stadium.

San Diego: Have a plan and are currently negotiating with the city on the financing. Also jointly own 168 acres in Carson, 157 of which are a toxic waste dump.

Oakland: Team has no money, City of Oakland says they won't finance anything.

I know it's probably a joke but I just wanna reiterate that the "toxic waste dump" is safe enough to develop and use normally. It only needs containment wells to extract the contaminated groundwater, which won't affect the stadium occupants' health since they presumably won't be drinking the tainted water. I actually took a look at the EPA Brownfields reports/data and the site looks good to go*. I suppose there are earthquake worries but if the stadium gets hosed up that badly, then tainted groundwater is the least of our worries. Anyway, remediation is tailored specific to every site so the containment is designed with earthquakes in mind.

*I am not a water quality expert but I have some experience through classes and some field work. Getting my degree next Saturday though so hopefully I'll be doing something cool with water resources soon.

:goonsay: /spergover

Eifert Posting posted:

I'll be sure to never rob the bank next door.

I've never seen a cop there but I've also only been there 3-5AM, generally while hosed up

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Zurreco posted:

They should just build a dog park / football stadium in Oakland! That way someone is actually using the land after January.

Yeah, that's a good idea. The field is covered in turd during fall so why not the entire year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm just getting my jabs in before the Carr-Cooper dynasty gets going

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Flikken posted:

Chargers in St Louis, Rams and Raiders in LA, everyone wins.

No. Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, Raiders disbanded forever

Raku posted:

It's not really going to be a dynasty. It's more like Sherman's March to the Sea, if after the first time he went back up and started all over again nine times just for fun

I fear anything that might cause the Raiders to even remotely threaten the current balance of power. I grew up around Raiders fans who would never shut the gently caress up and I do not want to go back to that hell.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-stadium-20150626-story.html

The NFL is officially looking for temporary stadiums to use in LA for the 2016 season

I hope it's the Coliseum because I don't want to deal with more weekend traffic in Pasadena

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

The Rose Bowl isn't gonna happen.

And the Coliseum needs like half a billion dollars in upgrades to be NFL ready

I hope you're right because either of those areas supporting an NFL team is loving nonsense.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Maybe I'm crazy but if we didn't have BrockPeyton, I'd be okay with paying Rivers' contract. :shrug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

That's actually a really good description of LA. I'd only add that the STDs are totally worth it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

zen death robot posted:

They're going to end up in LA along with the Chargers

I like this idea because I'll get to see a lot of Broncos games without having to travel!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Almost assuredly not

Ideal world: Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, the Raiders roam the land as hobos bumming stadiums for a week at a time

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rams or Raiders but definitely not Chargers

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Raiders/Chargers in LA while still being in the same division has potential to be a cool Lakers/Clippers thing

Spoeank posted:

Can't wait to see Jeff Fisher go 8 and 8 in LA. Or as they call it, the 8 and the 8.

:downsrim:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I live in LA and I plan to go to at least one Chargers game a year (to see the Broncos). I'm sure other NFL fans will do the same to see their teams.

Chargers with 16 away games every season

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I am excited for the LA Rams because I get to see the Panthers next season!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Kroenke is a human being piece of poo poo. Feel free to put put me on probation for drunkposting and homophobia for an extended period of time. Shalom :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcja4WFFzDw

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 13, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

keevo posted:

Excuse me this is SoCal we're talking about it. It's THE 405 and THE 105.

Thank you, I was seriously getting triggered earlier

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Homestar Runner posted:

you know Ross if you really wanna get back at Spanos the only logical move would be to pledge allegiance to the Denver Elways and buy yourself a nice #7

join the dark side, ross.

Qwijib0 posted:

Every square inch of that 'blue square' LED band will be covered in ads. It's going to look awful on gameday.

I thought it was to simulate the sky for those smog days (everyday)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rick posted:

The Spurs are the best "modern" NBA franchise. They only managed to beat the Lakers when they were good once, and the Lakers beat them a lot of times when the Spurs were in their prime on the way to their tiles, and I'll always have that to hold over Bashez, but the Spurs have just kept winning without any drop off so even I can't deny him "best team of the last 20 years."

Celtics had 3-4 good years over the past 10 years, but the Cavs and Heat have had similar runs and were arguably better.

If it's over the last 20 years then it's still the Lakers. :smug:

e: I can't wait to see all the Kobe jerseys at the LA Rams and Chargers games!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Can someone do a big effort post for a meet your team for the Rams. I know basically no one besides Gurley and Donald

That's pretty much it

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Oh I never payed much attention to them and couldn't name any players without googling the roster. I guess I get to see everybody now though!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

What happened to Steadman Bailey and Tavon Austin?

Edit: and Tre Mason

Volkerball posted:

Steadman Bailey got shot in the head but he's ok.

and Nick Foles and Gurley for the other two guys

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'll believe it when they trademark "Los Angeles Chargers of Anaheim"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Any NFL team in Vegas would probably sell out every time, too, and the TV market could easily include LA.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

zen death robot posted:

The Rams own the LA market and no other games will be aired when they are playing though.

Oh right I forgot about that poo poo team tainting my city

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The fan antics at Las Vegas Raiders games have the potential to be truly amazing

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

You're right, they will send three teams to the playoffs.

The Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs.

checks out

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ammanas posted:

Stop taking our loving water!!!!

Try paying more taxes than us, mister all your roads are subsidized!!!!!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Uhh, SF built a pipe across the whole state to personally steal water.

LA is cooler because we steal it from other states

Barudak posted:

And yet they'll soon have your Rivers

Love this

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Hahaha are people having a water fight? Is this a Chinatown roleplay?

Hi, welcome to any thread about California ever

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

NC-17 posted:

what a cultural loss

Dude they have some loving good rear end meatballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Metapod posted:

Oklahoma doesn't have one :negative:

The only cool thing about your state is that I could smoke inside a Buffalo Wild Wings (and bars I guess)

• Locked thread