Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

promotable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

A Bad Poster posted:

Took me three months to notice. I never wear the things anyway. Don't even know where they are.

Did this until an open ranks inspection on a Monday morning. Ended up having to clean out the cobble stone streets around the motor pool with a phillips screwdriver. :commissar:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

spacetoaster posted:

Were any of you guys in the OIF 1? For a few weeks in the beginning, of the war, supply was so f'ed up that we were rationed two bottles of water a day. Ha ha, good times.....

I also slept on the hood of a truck for a month.

MOPP2 for 2-3 weeks & same on the water. 1 or 2 of the 1.5L bottle or whatever they were.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

RichieHimself posted:

I think I'm the only one here that actually got recalled and showed up. It was very easy to get out of from what I saw, but this was a group of 11b so it could have been different for other jobs. I think with infantry they just recalled a shitload and expected most to not show up or not be fit to deploy. In my recall group in early 2009, they recalled around 350 dudes and only about 150 reported and less than 100 were deployed. Dudes were getting sent home just for telling the medical folks that they had PTSD symptoms.

I was real salty at first when I was recalled because they sent a batch of us to a natty guard cav unit that didn't need us and didn't want us. Instead of letting us go home, they brought us along to serve as PSD for a command group that never left the FOB and to beef up their TOC shifts so their dudes got more time off. I only put my body armor on to fly in and out of country, got a waiver for E6, and saved up a bunch of cash. Crushing boredom, but it could have been much worse.

There's at least two of us. 09 as well.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

RichieHimself posted:

:sissies: Where did you end up?

Kalsu

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Kalsu owned, what year? I was there in 05-06 and it was just a sand berm perimeter when i showed up. I heard it got really nice a rotation or 2 after us.

08-09 & yeah there was a huge dfac & decent gym. Had a Green Bean & they added a Pizza Hut during that time.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

ASAPI posted:

Even with that it turned back into a poo poo hole in 2010. Never stopped raining rockets. The average was 2-3 a day hitting on base. Trust 3 ACR to turn anything remotely nice into a hell hole.

That was going on then too. At least one ricocheted off a T wall & through a CHU

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

Pesticide20 posted:

At first I thought this was a serious post and because of the username I was like, drat, no luck for this guy at all.

https://goo.gl/QvxoOH

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

cravius posted:

Lol what a bitch

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

army thread platinum users should get a little green dick as the icon instead of the grenade imo

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

I'M STILL WAITING ON MY GREEN WEENIE FLAIR N4I

QTIYD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

did any of you ever hair spray your berets so they would keep their shape better

or have someone buy one of these loving things http://www.uscav.com/mesh-hat-block-w-id-holder/

That's my first time seeing a head girdle.

• Locked thread