Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Chill la Chill posted:

Is there going to be anything special given out during pax east this weekend? Friend's going and wanted to know.
"Sarkhan, Unbroken" in pin form.

http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade/news-post/pax-east-pins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Megamorph is pretty dumb, it would work fine as regular morph with a "When ~ is turned face up, put a +1/+1 counter on it."

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

odiv posted:

But that works with manifest and megamorph specifically doesn't.

Right, okay. "When ~'s morph cost is paid, etc etc."

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Mr. Peepers posted:

To be frank the breathless "dragons draGONS DRAGONS!!!! :byodood:" tone of most of the preview articles has gotten kinda ridiculous.

It makes sense thematically; Sarkhan is basically a grown up dinosaur-obsessed six year old who managed to turn an entire planet into Jurassic Park.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
If they wanted a common dragon, they could just print Dragon Whelp with p/t, cost, and the firebreathing cap reduced by 1. :v:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
That Executioner would have been a lot more interesting (and maybe really mythic-worthy) if it had Delve instead of "can't block."

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Spiderdrake posted:

Same reason a lot of the charm and command stuff is a bit broad strokes - limited amount of text before it gets too small. But yeah, that would be cool.

Someone else can post those god awful yugioh cards that look like the ingredients on your soup saltine cracker pack.

:suicide:

As someone who missed the first Zendikar block and retrospectively loves the poo poo out of the Eldrazi concept, I cannot goddamn wait for fall.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Rinkles posted:

I'm sure they'll find a reason, but shouldn't the Eldrazi (and most of Zendikar) be long gone?

I think that art with Gideon squaring up with some faceless floaty-ribbed horror is new, sooooooooo

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Rinkles posted:

got a screenshot?

Angry Grimace posted:

Also, new Gideon obviously incoming:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Starving Autist posted:

Seriously, I'd want to show that message to the kid to let him know exactly how his current employer thinks of him.

After he gets back from the PT, I wouldn't want that poo poo on my mind during a huge competition.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

bhsman posted:

I'm sure it will be referred to as its correct name over Dragon Punch as much as Savage Punch is over Bear Punch. :v:

I'm glad it's a common so I won't feel bad about altering one to replace the mana cost as 263+P

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Kyrosiris posted:

Like, I didn't know it was a thing I wanted, but now Elesh Norn riding phyresis-ridden Emrakul is definitely a thing I want.

I won't be surprised if Emrakul and the other Eldrazi are immune to phyresis. They have the whole protection-from-colors thing and Eldrazi vs. Phyrexia would be cooler.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
I kinda like Savage Ventmaw with Temur Ascendancy out; free dragon and a cantrip? It's puuuuuure value! :smaug:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Hedonist's Trove seems like it'd be pretty cool without the exile clause; yanking poo poo straight from the graveyard would be pretty nice if your opponent isn't running Delve stuff.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

:c00lbutt: Twerk-off :yosbutt: championship! :tutbutt:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
They could probably get away with a shrunken-down Archwing Dragon (3/3 or so?) at uncommon since it had proto-Dash.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
LSV's doing a color-by-color breakdown of DTK for Limited on CFB; so far there's White and Blue with the rest to follow this week.

He did the same thing for FRF, and the Gold/Colorless article has links to the rest.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Sotar posted:

Dromoka sounds like a drink Starbucks would make

Dromoka Almond Fudge.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Starving Autist posted:

You can't really blame me for thinking that was supposed to be an anime version of primeval titan. They made ones for Wikipedia and Microsoft Windows, after all....

Primeval Ti-Tan

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Entropic posted:

DTK-FRF-KTK? :yikes:

That reminds me, I still need to get around to doing this. DRAFT TO THE FUTURE :smaug:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
IIRC he slows down as a habit 'cause one of the classes he teaches is English as a Second Language. Gotta enunciate like hell when you're teaching pronunciation basics to a class full of immigrants with seven different mother tongues.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

suicidesteve posted:

The shuffling damage isn't too bad, just what you can see. But yeah that alone to me makes it MP. I'm actually not sure that isn't water damage on top. It has that texture cards get when they're watered. The dents, or whatever it is that you can kinda see on the back are covering the entire thing, front and back.

It looks like it was double-sleeved then run over in an asphalt parking lot.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Who was it that poo poo-talked Pascal for "rare-drafting at a GP" when his pool has the fewest rares/mythics from that table? I kinda wanna rub their nose in that. :v:

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Just have Isamaru's spark ignite. That ticks all the boxes; anime dog, prior M:tG appearance, infinite loyalty.

e: plus if he's planeswalking we don't need to actually revisit Kamigawa, win-win for Wizards.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
So now Jace is a brain wizard, Living Guildpact, and presumably 1/4 of the new Eldrazi lock mechanism?

It's gonna be even more appropriate when Bolas turns him into a keychain.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
My work-buddy 2HG partner pulled an Expedition Scalding Tarn from the box I initially reached for. I'm happy for the dude but holy poo poo I could use half a grand. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Entropic posted:

This is the main problem with EDH; Magic just isn't designed, at a fundamental rules & mechanics level, to be fun for more than 2 players.

Conspiracy is probably the closest I've had to Truly Fun Multiplayer Magic, but it still occasionally stalls out into an uncomfortable stalemate.

• Locked thread