Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Chips with a little mustard is indeed awesome, too bad that guy isn't doing it, since that orange paste is definately NOT mustard.
Is this another one of those almost-like-the-real-product-but-not-really thing like what you guys call "mayo" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

This looks like it would have a 75% chance to shut down your entire vascular system on the first bite, but that's a risk I'd be willing to take.
Is that a grilled cheese sandwich for bun ?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

bathroomrage posted:

Thin layer of mayonnaise and/or mustard is how we do it around here. And yes, we know about the fries and crisps or chips and chips things in other countries, despite what you may want to tell yourself. Enjoy your chips and fries and try calming your tits for a few seconds.

So I recognize the clear flat noodles, is that... Some kind of wrapped eel on top? :psyduck:
That looks like some kind of yakisoba imitation for me, flat noodles cooked in soy sauce or something, but yeah, I hope the presentation is intentional

Re:Butter
Americans really need to discover the secrets arts of salted butter/Beurre demi-sel, and how to spread that into a thin layer in bread/baguettes for sandwiches. Hell you can even add a little mayonnaise (not the cholesterol-satured white kind) for flavor if you want. Just don't make the layers 1cm thick

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Looks essentially like beef (any meat really except maybe fish because it probably would fall apart) hot oil fondue which has been around for a long time.

Fondue Bourguignonne is super awesome, you guys shall all try it sometimes.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

EZipperelli posted:

Why does everyone put black olives on nachos?

Black olives are terrible and ruin food (I'll fight about this. :colbert:). Why ruin a perfectly good plate of nachos with those monstrosities?
I'll stop puting olives in food when people stop putting pickles inside burgers and sandwiches

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Ethiopian food does NOT belong in this thread :colbert:

... okay, it may not look pretty, but it's probably delicious. I haven't had Ethiopian in ages and now I really want some :(
Ethiopian food is the worst restaurant experience I've ever had. And I supposedly went to "The Best Ethiopian Restaurant In Paris", to this day I still think I was being trolled.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Minarchist posted:

Probably not AFP but found this while looking up pics for the burger thread.

No rules, fuckers :yum:

It's Banh Mi Pizza

Would

Why not just eat a goddamn salad, no need to disgrace a perfectly fine crust, this is heresy.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Come on, no one is that stupid... right ?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Is that foie gras ?

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

black olives and food
Try having a fougasse one day, it's a mediterranean bread full of olives, it's awesome.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

"Really good mayo". It's white. What the gently caress.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm not sure how many salads you've eaten have rice in them, but otherwise yeah
Salads with rice (or pasta like farfalles or pene) is pretty common in France, usually with diced ham, chicken, surimi or tuna, tomatoes, red/green peppers, cucumbers, loose corn, maybe some olives, a little vinaigrette or (real) mayonnaise. You should try sometimes

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Woops, have an actual pene salad, then
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/apIwXyW.jpg:nws:

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Try Coke Zero.
Or else !

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Saw that on 4chan, I thought I had to share.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

No.
No, no, no.
No.

NO.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

This is like the messiah of all Cordons Bleu :stare:
The crust looks a little suspicious but I want this on a plate right now.
With fries.
And a beer.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Solid would.

Captain Jesus posted:

I know what the last one is but I won't tell you just yet.

Well it looks like there's a burger bun, but I have no idea what kind of unholy orgy is happenning on it.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Sweet As Sin posted:

Have, and would again

But what is it ? Please don't tell me it's a giant lump of mayo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

bringmyfishback posted:

Mais, pourquoi? really, do you know why it's called that? 'Cause most Americans I know- myself included- are generally not huge fans of raw meat, and that looks vomitrocious.
Wikipedia says no particular reason. It's a variant of the Steack Tartare (inspired by Mongol traditions) where you add mayonnaise, that's popular in Belgium, and it was named as it by the chef who came up with the recipe.
Steak Tartare should look like this :

You mix the egg, minced onions, capers and other things with the meat and dig in with your fork.

• Locked thread