Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Pfff. I just posted this in the GWS Vegemite thread last night. My man LA Beast eats that poo poo "like a boss", as he would say. Without sipping water and crying like a baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPynEc0LpNs

Having seen that, now I REALLY want to one-up, and challenge both of them to eat 3 jars of Marmite. I could do this. I would make the video except I am so broke I can't afford one jar of Marmite. Also, the only video camera I have is the limited resources on a Fuji Finepix DSLR. :(

I was waiting for him to go all Job's Wife.

Haverchuck posted:

there has to be a point at which there are serious consequences for eating that much salt in one sitting

See my above comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FutonForensic posted:

e: I found a deep-fried shoe

But, is it beer battered?

Also, who in the hell serves shoe without sides?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I thought we were talking about BAD food.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

What is left unsaid there Steven? Also to make it worse apparently he's a registed sex offender.

[citation needed]

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TKIY posted:

I still want to know what crointing is...

That makes two of us. I was just being patient, hoping that someone would bring it up. I couldn't find anything useful via web searchs.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Plan Z posted:

I've certainly built up an affection for the food over time, and when someone with great taste makes it, it can be something beautiful. It's just that it's the rare case.

Wouldn't dare. They do magical things with rhubarb.

Dear God, yes.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Chard posted:

This is one of those things where if you just set it on a plate in front of me I'd probably love it, and then immediately feel ill once I learned what it was. Then I'd get seconds.

Nope. Because, while you were feeling ill, I would have snagged all the remaining steak and eaten it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Anyone have ANY context on whatever the blistering green gently caress that is supposed to be? I got nothin'.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pookel posted:

This is the current menu of my uncle's pizza restaurant, for anyone curious about American pizza menus: http://www.hideawaypizza.com/menu.php

He bought it in the '60s (maybe early '70s) and it was a hole-in-the-wall joint with excellent food for a long time. Bit more mainstream now, but still independent and not fast-foody. Sorry about the blaring colors (supposed to be an homage to the restaurant's hippie tie-dye days). Example for those too lazy to click:

He needs to open a store in Illinois stat!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

They are one of the most disappointing canned/tinned foods ever. They basically taste like artificial smoke flavored fish scented paste nodules.

Although they are pretty amazing in my stepmother's stuffing.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

The weird thing is he actually was a good chef and worked at a lot of respectable places - not michelin star places obviously but high-class 50+ dollar a seat places. So I think he must have had at least some concept of what flavors worked and what didn't, but when he cooks for himself it's the kind of stuff you'd expect from your 9 year old.

I love to cook, have done so professionally, and have been told I am good at it. However, more often than not, being single, I often skip meals with some level hassle and drop to the lowest common denominator, as it just isn't worth the time and effort and cleanup for just me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I teach cooking classes as a part time job and if I'm not cooking for at least my roommate and me I tend to make myself the easiest poo poo possible. Taking the time and resources making a full meal for yourself just seems really pointless unless you're doing it as a special treat or something.

I used to be able to keep my hand in a bit when I did a weekly dinner with some neighbors. Started out with everyone bring a component, one of the neighbors cooks, the rest chip in on cleanup. Then it turned to Samizdata doing ALL the cooking ALL the time, which then turned into Samizdata doing ALL the cooking ALL the time and ALL the cleanup all the time.

Which is why I no longer do the weekly dinners.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

My roommate can't cook poo poo so I don't mind cooking even if we share cleanup duties. I left for a week to watch my parents house recently and when I came back the only things he had eaten during the time period was cereal, tuna, and an entire thing of cookies we'd just bought. It was like leaving a 5 year old alone.

Welp, once again, there was no sharing of cleanup, prep or anything else. So I finally said FIDO.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Yeah, funny about that

Wonder if it could be where they decided to end the transcript of the broadcast.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

cash crab posted:

"Aww, nothing gets BEES out."

Did they ever wipe down the dispenser? Because that's how you get bees...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

**siren blares in the distance**
**your surroundings start to disintegrate away; the room your in, indeed even your table, are replaced with rusty, bloody grates and chain-link fencing**
**your perfectly seared ribeye and parsnip puree turns into any of those dishes pictured**

:golfclap:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Well you COULD try this....

(Yup. It's Fried Ice Cream made with ramen.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Meatwave posted:

Does he practice regular law or bird law?

You need that? You go here - http://www.birdlawfirm.com/

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

beato posted:

Agreed.

"Widowmaker a 24 inch hot dog with smoked brisket chilli and all sorts of other stuff"

Would, please and thank you. Then would prolly try to do again.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Upon reflection and thread reading, I do think there is EXACTLY one pizza rule and one only -

PIZZA MUST BE COOKED.

Just a thought.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

There are no pizza rules you goddamn pizza Hitler.

See, here I thought we were talking about pizza, and NOT fruit salad. I know, with your dirty floor diet you get them confused, but that just doesn't count.

Too bad, so sad, thanks for playing.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

You are angering the pizza gods.

And what about dessert pizza, I think you could do magical things with raw cookie dough.

How am I angering pizza gods? I stand FOR pizza, instead of a fruit salad not so cleverly attempting to usurp the place of a proper pizza, like some malign vegetarian doppleganger.

We can discuss dessert pizza, but on a case by case basis. Also, uncooked dessert pizza is dessert pizza, not dinner pizza.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ErIog posted:

So you're saying that your only crime is caring about securing the existence of and a future for proper pizza so that its beauty shall not perish from the earth?

Right! Our great^x-grandchilden may inherit a hellish wasteland with toxic air, barren soil, and devoid of metals and fossil fuels, but I want to make sure they can still get a decent pizza...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

You know what? gently caress Lovecraft. Tonight has shown me the face of true terror. gently caress it, Cthulhu, come on and get me. Can't bother me at ALL.

(Also, prolly would do the spuds as I am a sucker for cheap rear end gravy...)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

S'mores are delicious and fun to make because chocolate gets everywhere.

Also, the crispity, crunchity marshmallows. Or at least if you are doing it right.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Would

Well maybe not. ~25 bucks for a large from Dominos is just too much.

The delivery charge would be a bit of a bitch, and I hope you didn't want it hot...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

It's Korea, everyone lives in Seoul and there are so many delivery options that if you don't deliver hot and for free you're going out of business in a month.

Truthfully, I should have made it clear I was referring to what appeared to be American goons stating they would eat it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Would, but primarily for bragging rights.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Canada's answer to the Double down. It's called the triple decker. And I may try one for the thread.

There is no may, there is only do.

Your brethren call upon YOU to glorify us with your sacrifice. (Go ahead and paint your mouth chrome first, just in case.)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

axolotl farmer posted:

don't knock it til you tried it :sweden:

What the hell is it? I can't find any information about it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

People don't have MSG intolerance or sensitivities, it's a psychosomatic issue like the people without celiacs saying not eating gluten makes them feel better. It's probably something else setting it off or you believing you have it because of one bad experience.

Because, you know, if they were REALLY allergic to it, they would probably die, as glutamic acid is an important neurotransmitter for neural activation. I figure that is pretty much like saying "My car is allergic to gasoline, so I fill the tank with filtered water."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pookel posted:

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to eat human brains. At least, in America. Can't speak for the rest of you godforsaken heathens.

Must be delicious, or they wouldn't be banned.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tribbledirigible posted:

My family had accidentally bought one of these while shopping for vienna sausages. It's been in the pantry since 1994. This could be hiding the best bachelor chow inside, but the name has made me put it back down every time I worked up the nerve to try it out.

Ummmmmm, no, not the best bachelor chow. Think meat paste. Undifferentiated meat paste. Usually even more than one kind of meat even.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Devonaut posted:

And they jizz it right at your table.

Welp, at least the jizz is fresh, organic, locally sourced and artisanal. (Especially if the waiter is a goon)

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

and for the lady, ogre testicle over partially digested multigrain nutrition bar, with a cilantro / dog food jello

And what to drink with that, sir?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Your friend is pretty good at this. I can almost hear the muffled sobs of the half-dozen people bound and gagged just out of frame.

As he offers his starving victims either his cooking or the chance to kill and cook each other?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

"Nourishing". It was always about being nourishing and wholesome. These cookbooks always make it seem like everyone was always on the verge of starvation, even in the 50s/60s.

And in Australia no less.

Well, it sounds better than "You'll gave 5 pounds by looking at it, but it will make you instantly forget that bastard and how he left you and the kids behind" isn't it?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pookel posted:

WTF is that crust made out of? I thought meat at first, but there are green bits sticking out.

It sounds like the sort of thing I'd enjoy, but that picture, good Lord.

Not actually green stuff. It is a seriously faded copy of an oversaturated advertisement. And that is assuming the scan went flawlessly.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

pookel posted:

What on earth are "crushed cheese jatz"?

Aussie crackers, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
The gimp turkey made think of this serious grilling experience.

• Locked thread