Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with onions. If they're not stupidly well-cooked, I cannot stand them. Raw onions in food is the absolute worst. But caramelize or saute them until they're near-burnt, and you could serve me a plate of just them. Onion rings are the greatest food on earth.

People look at me funny if I order a burger with no (raw) onions and then get onion rings, but they aren't even close to the same! Stop judging me, I know what I'm doing.

ChildsPalate.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love onions.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The problem with ~everyone should just buy fresh vegetables every time~ is there are places where any fresh vegetable has to be trucked in from far, far away for most of the year, leading "fresh" vegetables to, well, not be.

I'd love to buy nothing but farm fresh vegetables year-round when my garden isn't producing, but the selection and quality is poo poo except for, coincidentally, when my garden is in full swing in the warmer months.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dovetaile posted:

What what kind of horrible childhood did you have? poo poo, I used to eat peanut butter and M&M sandwiches (ask me about how I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes at age 15 genetic predisposition and PCOS) but even my snacks weren't that tragic.

Lies and slander. I had nothing to do with it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, I go with frozen if I'm buying vegetables with long shelf life for anything other than tomatoes or hominy. The liquid canned stuff comes in just seems gross to me.

You mean... water?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If you don't use any sugar in your bread, how do you get a decent rise out of the yeast?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Duh, the yeast gives the rise, you need nothing but yeast, water, and flower, gee I thought you were smart.

Not sure if you're being insincere or aren't very bright.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Elliotw2 posted:

There's a huge difference between a teaspoon of sugar for rising, and the American style of having the finished loaf being 50% sugar by weight.

The most high-sugar bread recipe I've ever used was 3tbsp of sugar for two loaves

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

axolotl farmer posted:

You don't need to add sugar to bread dough to make it rise. It just takes a little longer without it since the yeast will have to process starch instead of just fermenting pure sugars.

On the other hand if you want to make that bread TODAY...

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well done is the only proper steak.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I used to think this way till I tried rarer steaks.
Now it depends on the cut.
Rib-eye? Oh you better believe it's medium-rare.
A prime filet: Always rare.

Still Can't/Won't eat anything blue though.

It really does depend on how much fat and connective tissue is on there. Some cuts are just not made for being eaten rare, like chuck.

All steak pales in the face of good brisket though.

I've tried many cuts of meat at many temperatures over the decades of my life. Give me a nice well done steak, any day.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trent posted:

As if we needed further proof that you were a shameless troll.

I am sincere in my love of cooked meat.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh sure, and then you poo poo on me for only liking cooked onions.

Hypocrite.

Onions are a vegetable, meat is meat.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Five month old meat? Ew?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

I tried some of this the other day

and it was pretty gross. I can't imagine anything it would go well with. spicy honey sounds like it would work with chicken or something similar but the taste is just unpleasant, and honey with heat is seriously confusing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q

Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings. Try these and you'll understand spicy honey.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Advanced, and ridiculously popular. All it takes is spending two minutes in a liquor store on a Friday night to hear "OH EM GEE! This one tastes like Swedish Fish! Let's get it!" half a dozen times.

This is a thing? I'm hitting the liquor store.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Swallow the whole thing at once. Like a pelican.

I can't swallow a pelican whole though

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't have a whole lot of food, but there were a lot of cool sporting events on, so I didn't want to go to the grocery store.

This led to the creation of the tuna pizza.

It's just a Jack's frozen cheese pizza that I cooked halfway, threw some very well drained canned tuna on, and cooked the rest of the way. It wasn't bad for what is was, it tasted like a more subtle anchovy pizza (if you could get a frozen anchovy pizza), but it was still a rather shameful creation.

Why would you ever admit to this.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

It's pretty much a staple of modern American cuisine.

I assure you it isn't.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Under the vegetable posted:

A very hip pizza right now is just goat cheese, beets, and arugula(rocket to you foreigners).

Hip != good

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rollersnake posted:

it's not a casserole anymore than New York pizza is grease-soaked cardboard.

I agree. New York pizza is a grease soaked cardboard and Chicago pizza is a casserole.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Throatwarbler posted:

But eggs already come sorted into different sizes, is the minute difference in volume between eggs really such a big deal as to necessitate such an elaborate contraption?

Have you ever worked in a kitchen?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

theironjef posted:

This is amusing to me because I was at a pizza place yesterday and the Sierra Mist dispenser gave me a live bee with my soda.

You're lucky they didn't charge you for that extra topping.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Possibly Chicken posted:

I like that corn is in loving everything in the United States, but Corn Tortillas don't seem very popular.

Well I can't speak for the white people but I always have a bag of masa harina in the pantry for some delicious home-made goodness.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital posted:

Colorado is pretty nice.

Ruined by Californian liberals. Just like anywhere liberals exist.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Colorado is a very conservative state outside of Denver...

And yet enough California liberals moved in to ruin the whole state.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

muscles like this? posted:

TGI Fridays is advertising a new appetizer that is bacon wrapped whole jalapeņos and they look like literal pieces of poo poo.

Can I get that in Endless Apps?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

death .cab for qt posted:

Why are there crackers

Look who's never been to a party.

You spread the cheese on them.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cheese is bad for birds

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Reign Of Pain posted:

Chickpeas can go get hosed :barf:

I believe you mean garbanzo beans and they're great.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

I start to suspect that some people in the thread may have an unhealthy obsession with wieners.

Look inward

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

drrockso20 posted:

It says something about the circles of the Internet I hang around that I find that picture adorable instead of horrifying

It's just a scorpion and its young, why would that horrify anyone?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah I saw that yesterday. gently caress that looks alright but not really my thing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thank you for the dinner idea.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

You're welcome. Just tell me what that weird grainy red sauce leaking out is when you get a chance.

90% odds it's bacon grease

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He only ate vegetarian pizza.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You know, I haven't tried many of the new weird Lay's flavors. I think what turned me off was opening a bag of the New York Pizza chips and finding out it was just a bag of grease with chips floating in it

So they nailed it

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Please no

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gridlocked posted:

This is no worse then me putting crushed sea salt on my ice cream.

No, in that they are both horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

There are no cream cheese rules, IMO

Cream cheese doesn't go in root beer.

• Locked thread