Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

pentyne posted:

Hispanic people absolutely love them. Those and the premade spice cups you pour beer into are practically a staple of Hispanic drinking habits.

Premade spice cups you pour beer into? And I always assumed those budweiser morning beer flavors were for alcoholics that just didn't realize it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

pentyne posted:

These things are loving every in CA.

I appreciate your rage disrupting your grammar. I'm not sure how to process the existence of such a product. At what price point does it become better to get a case of pabst or some other doghair brew to justify buying pre-spiced cups for said macrospew. Thinking back, however, I do remember a lot of the party stores in Michigan having little packets of lemon/lime salt you could just buy for 3 /dollar with no real explanation. I always figured those were for some kind of tequila based martini or something.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Pyrotoad posted:

I remember trying to make falafel in college and somehow it ended up with a texture that a friend described as 'beany gum' :gonk:

I had it made for me once, and it was good. I tried to make it myself out of an international isle boxed kit(they also have a bunch of boxed couscous which aren't horrid) and following the instructions, I ended up with fried sand. I guarantee that the 30 minute soak instruction on late 90's packaging wasn't good enough.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Pea soup is often used as fake vomit in movies/tv. It is pretty tasty though.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

chitoryu12 posted:

I remember when the "controversy" over the green poop first appeared. I'm pretty sure the black color was just achieved by pouring on green food coloring until it was oversaturated to black.

Probably blue or purple food coloring. "Grape" flavored kool aid also makes your stool green(if you drink like a whole pitcher of it in a day)

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Tiggum posted:

It's actually very simple. There are only six types of food.

Discrete: Just whole objects not combined with stuff. An apple, a baked potato, a steak, yoghurt.
Stew: A bunch of food mixed up together. Chilli, spaghetti bolognese, cereal with milk.
Soup: A bunch of food mixed up together and liquified, with or without bits floating in it. Anything actually named "soup", instant noodles (unless the liquid is drained off).
Cake: A bunch of food mixed up and made solid. An omelette, bread, sausages.
Sandwich: Food on or in bread. Pizza, subs, burritos.
Pie: Food on or in pastry. Basically anything called a pie or tart. Quiche. Curry puffs.

There are also drinks, sauces and garnishes, but I don't count those as food per se. Everything fits neatly into these categories. So you may argue over wehat does and does not count as chilli, but you can't deny that it's all stew.

Are you a really dumb extra-terrestrial parasite infecting a human host or a really smart terrestrial parasite infecting a human host?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

cash crab posted:

Oh, I'm sorry. That was really meant more as a side fact, because even in Canada, a lot of people get really confused about the difference, which leads a lot of people to think First Nations is just the politically correct term. Suffice to say, this was probably pretty irrelevant for you! Also: I grew up in Alberta, too! Let's start a club where we collect warm clothing. Anyway, it would be cool if you started such a thread, but I have no idea where you would file it but I would be interested to see it.

^^^ Yeah, this is a better explanation of why a case of water is like, $104 in some places in Nunavut.

On topic:

CORN

Is that being cooked in a subwoofer?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Dabir posted:

There are two ingredients here and I can guarantee you that one is not piss.

Who wants to guess at what's in it?

Vodka and weed?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

If thats a mudslide in the glass, that might be from sandra lee's cookbook. I feel bad about that joke, because holy poo poo that lady has had quite a life. But I don't understand why she's a tv chef.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Cotton candy though sounds really unpleasant, even to me.

I saw giant jars of cotton candy flavored cheeto things, like planter's old cheese balls but dusted with a blue apparently cotton candy flavored dust. I think you gotta be pretty high to eat those, let alone buying a giant jar of them.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Mixing up Chef Boyardee raviolis and alphabet soup with scotch and soda seems like an interesting way to ruin a toilet.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Dabir posted:

So those chocolate-covered crisps are basically

but flat?

Sort of. The moisture content of the average bag of potato chips and the well-being of chocolate thats worth eating don't converge in a venn diagram. So what you end up with is some kind of sub hershey's bullshit slathered on lay's potato chips; which are sort of average at best and not really worth the premium price for the brand name. Just buy a jar of nutella and a bag of pretzel sticks/rods and you'll have essentially the same experience; salty and sweet. Or buy some good chocolate, make a sauce and dip your whatever go to chip in them. I like to use the chili flavored lindt chocolate bars for that.

TLDR It makes the chips not crispy and the so called chocolate is slimy. Just get the sweet versions of bugles, they're actually pretty good.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Kakairo posted:

No.

It's a glass of dijon. :stonk:

Maybe some kind of beer, which would make that 5 different kinds of carbs for lunch.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

PubicMice posted:

Are there burger rules?

I wonder how similar it looks when it comes sliding out of you a week after you eat it.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

EorayMel posted:

Is this peanut butter, rotten sloppy joe mix, or rotten sloppy joel mix and peanut butter crapped out together?

Looks like sombody microwaved or baked it until its insides came out and clumped up.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

RareAcumen posted:

Sooooo many hotdogs

I wish cookingforbae wasn't such easy content because I feel like we're going to exhaust it all immediately if we all use it.

Everything here except the rotisserie rat? armadillo? is standard "Sure I live off campus now, but having 10 dollars a week as a food budget after rent is worth it". So long as those hot dogs are from like a 50 pack of bar-s or similar gout inducing low end sausages.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

cash crab posted:

AMAZING

anyway, maybe she just sucked at cooking

Naw, cooking avocado makes it look and taste bad. If you're going to shire an egg, do it in butter or cream.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Aesop Poprock posted:

Gotta love Disneyworlds two-or-three item menus at twice the price and half the quality of equivalent diner food

Never been there, but I was under the assumption that the various disney parks/resorts had a reputation for high quality food. Overpriced comes with the territory. Then again I'm the guy who buys an italian sausage with onions and peppers and chases it with an elephant ear when I go to the carnival. And then spend the next day or two experiencing gastro-intestinal distress.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Cumslut1895 posted:

sorry, I was kind of playing up the people being creepy thing

That might be believable but your posting name is Cumslut1895. Remember, in the future, avoiding creepiness begins at home. When you're asleep.

Has anyone ever bought a box of something, say frozen cream puffs, only to discover that they were 'pumpkin spiced'? I like pumpkin pie just fine, however I don't like pumpkin pie coffee or bbq ribs or other things I don't expect a heavy dose of nutmeg from.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Hedenius posted:

Khe Sandwich
Gettysburgers
Siege of Porktown
Little BigMac
Operation Olive Garden
Barbary Barbecue

I was multi-tabbing and when I read this I could have sworn I was in a news thread reading about the different mocking hashtags being used to describe those Bundy nuts out in Oregon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Why do cucumbers suck so bad raw, but when pickled become amazing? Oh right, salt.

• Locked thread