Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

Can you get those by messing with your clock?

you can get them by using the Steam Achievement Manager to unlock all of the achievements for every game you own on Steam like everyone else does anyway because who gives a gently caress about Steam achievements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

f#a# posted:

Clearly the people downloading and running something to give them all achievements don't care about them at all, nosiree. I like getting periodic "hey, you did something cool with our game's mechanics" notifications.

i think most people use them to get TF2 weapons that you can only get through achievements in it/other games

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swamp waste posted:

There is this accelerating feedback cycle between game companies and consumers where constantly-iterating franchises become part of the conversation about themselves. I think I don't like it. I'm thinking of like Warcraft commercials or the meta stuff in Assassin's Creed The Pirate One or especially Dragon Age 2 where the characters are vaguely aware of being in a big sloppy erotic fanfic of themselves.

Does someone want this? It seems like the only reason to like Whimsyshire Therein and be all triumphally "gently caress YOU" about it is because of an internet argument-- an argument that people only cared enough to have because, at some point in history, there was this non-franchise whole new game called Diablo that had the confidence and vision to be itself, instead of some sort of loving catty riposte to youtube comments about its own trailers. Maybe that's easier to do when it's 1995 and youtube doesn't exist

JOKES ARE TO BE SHOT ON SIGHT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I'm not sure if people didn't think about it or don't consider it a troll, but M'aiq The Liar in Skyrim has a few lines that come from people bitching about this-or-that on their forums.

that's been the purpose of ma'iq since morrowind

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Raiden is a really whiny baby in MGS4 though.

"It even rained on the day I was born :qq:"

he was the lightning in that rain, tho

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Missingno. was actually completely safe! He'd occasionally bug up some superficial things, but he'd never actually gently caress up your save. That was his brother 'M.

It's kind of fascinating to read up on Pokemon glitches, they're a combination of far-reaching, well-understood and in a well-known program that didn't have many failsafes. So it's really easy to understand just what causes them, and what they're doing.

one time as kids me and my brother trapped missingno. in the gameboy link cable by trading it and disconnecting the cable in the middle of the trade.

a while later we were having a battle and it started glitching out and missingno. came back.

it was like a creepypasta with no blast-processed skeleton blood

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

Chroma Squad is a much more overt "real 90s kids remember this!!!" homage to Power Rangers by a bunch of white dudes while Wonderful 101 is a generic Japanese superhero game made by actual Japanese people. It doesn't change what a miserable twat Saban is but they're completely different.

you're such a positive, joyful person who isn't a weird bitter gently caress every time you post

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the real problem with generation 1 pokemon was that psychic-type was completely broken

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Section Z posted:

Is there any Pokemon game where a Psychic and/or Ghost loving gym leader isn't bullshit? I've only ever played and beaten the old Red/Blue, with and a dust collecting copy of Platinum I never got around to beating (guess what Gym I left off in :downs:)

fantina is way easier in platinum than she was in diamond/pearl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Dude, she comes waaaaaay earlier in the game and her Mismagius is only ten levels lower and still has the same ol' Shadow Ball/Magical Leaf/Psybeam/Confuse Ray. Very few things can take that Shadow Ball at that point, and fewer still can take Magical Leaf or Psybeam as well. So... you get a Probopass just for this, you mug Bronzor for weeks to get a Metal Coat, or just have a Staravia and hope Confuse Ray/Psybeam don't ruin it too much as you Wing Attack. It's a lot worse in Plat than D/P because you don't have as many options nor as many raw numbers. And no Murkrows either. IIRC for darks you're stuck with Stunky, and I am pretty sure it gets whooped by Shadow Ball anyway.

i replayed it fairly recently and if I'm not misremembering, i didn't have to switch out Torterra for the entire gym. you're way overthinking it

e: also you don't have to deal with her driftblim which is way more of a piece of poo poo than mismagius

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

Did the later pokemon games have better AI? One of the main reasons the first one was so easy was that every enemy would growl at you 5 times in a row while you killed them.

wild pokemon and rando trainers tend to not have very advanced AI but important trainers like your rivals and gym leaders/elite four members/the champion tend to use actual strategy and tactics against you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

For those playing at home, could someone explain why it was a troll?

(I'm going to be very annoyed with myself if it was mentioned and I just didn't notice it)

it just put you in a small parking garage with a checklist of driving maneuvers and said "ALRIGHT HAVE AT IT"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hahahahaha i forgot about the insanely short time limit gently caress me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the nerd bitterness over Spacebase DF-9 is way funnier actually

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dr_Amazing posted:

Nothing special. Just the usual case of early access game makes a bunch of promises, then runs off with the money.

see, this is what i'm talking about

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

They did also try and erase all the promises/roadmap of development from the original pitch and memoryholed all mentions of it on their documentary.

the documentary not about that game, but a completely different game you drooling moron?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

So why don't you explain how the developers didn't abandon this clearly unfinished game that is actually still for sale on Steam instead of just sniping at people like a petty nerd lol

oh they totally did because they ran out of money for its development, but the insane bitter nerdrage about it is way funnier and sadder

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

That reminds me of a (probably unintentional) P4 troll: It's impossible to name the main character his canonical name, Yu Narukami, in the English version because there's not enough characters to fit his last name in.

yes there is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Yeah I've never not played fallout 3 with high intelligence just because you're at a flat out disadvantage if you don't compared to any other SPECIAL you could put your points in. As long as the fallout 4 perks aren't implemented terribly it looks like a big improvement. Although if I understand the system right, it sounds like which perks you'll be able to get will be dependent on how many points you have in each SPECIAL attribute. So there may still be some god perk that you want to get no matter what but it requires 9 intelligence or something. There's apparently no level cap so you'll probably be able to eventually get every perk that your SPECIAL attributes unlock. Your SPECIAL forever locking you out of some necessary perk would be the only thing I could see getting in the way of the new system working right.

You can use perks to increase your SPECIAL stats.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe the character is just bi

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man now i want a western game set to the entirety of Marty Robbins' Gunfighter Ballads And Trail Songs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

like half the background locational music in Fallout: New Vegas is just reused from Fallout 1-2

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: ^fuk u

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I don't think I ever managed to close oblivion without having it crash. I do not know what that even looks like. The quit button was just a crash button to me that I clicked whenever I was done and ready for the game to crash.

like that one Wing Commander game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im pooping! posted:

so can you quit using qqq in fallout 4 or no? the answer may influence my decision to eventually buy it

probably, all the other legacy console commands seem to work

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did everyone just forget that this isn't the PYF Game Glitch thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the thing you have to understand about gamefaqs is that they're all bitter 29-32 year olds who cling desperately to their childhood as hard as possible

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

If they really wanted to make a statement, they should have the same max intelligence as anybody else, but low starting points because of the lack of opportunities and the poor quality of public education available to inner-city orcs.

that would require anyone involved in writing a Shadowrun property to put any amount if thought into something, especially in regards to blindly throwing D&D poo poo into cyberpunk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Section Z posted:

"Didn't google how this new Agility thing works? Have fun with your 5 Invincibility frames during a fast roll on your Warrior start! Yes we know the lowest possible I frames in DS1 is 9, what's your point?"

Meanwhile , you readily kill the gargoyles with a +0 mace or something, because enemies take hits like a bitch just as much as you do now half the time. I swear it feels like they missplaced a decimal point on damage dished out by both enemies and yourself. "Oh, a giant spider? I better be fancy bring a +3 weapon I guess."

i think this is the first time i've ever seen someone complain that enemies weren't damage spongey enough

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Random aside, but should I get a game controller to play my copy of Dark Souls? It's awful playing that game on PC with keyboard and mouse and I sold my old Xbox 360 and controllers a while ago.

pro players use a racing wheel

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

My video games are skinny, goodbye!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Classy Ghost posted:

should've just used a giant bird again

Christ's sake Gerry the giant bird can't be your solution to everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois