Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VDay posted:

Isn't he supposed to be like a lovely public defender ala Jimmy from BCS though? Or is that just something I've made up in my mind?
Great now I want Bob Odenkirk in the MCU and I know that this isn't probably going to happen ever :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The only thing I'm disappointed is the guy who is playing Wesley looks a lot like James Urbaniak and I wish he was actually James Urbaniak.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Finished it and loved it, my favorite detail is in 1x13 when they are transferring Fisk to a different truck, but his henchmen have to attach steps to the truck for him to walk down on. I don't know why, but I laughed really hard because of that

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I would like a Runaways series

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

tsob posted:

I want Tina Fey to write a She-Hulk episodic comedy with Hercules as the other major character. Have her work for Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzberg, & Holliway in some episodes, but not tied to the job and able to go on road trips, time travel and other silly poo poo as desired by the writing team. Want to do a story about the two of them punching nazis in 1940's Marvel WWII? gently caress it, road trip through Germany it is. Hercules and She-Hulk, Agents of SHIELD? Go for it. Hell, have them do a crossover episode with the Guardians of the Galaxy animation, where she defends them before the Tribunal in SPAAAAAAACE, with the entire episode bar the opening minute where she's kidnapped for the trial animated and using it to poke even more fun than usual at it's cast.
Speaking of She-Hulk and Daredevil is there anyone in the Marvel universe who's a regular lawyer for Supervillains/criminals. Because if so, then have him played by Bob Odenkirk and have him face off against She-Hulk and Matt.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I really liked the priest character mainly because having lived by my church for most of my life he was pretty accurate to how most priests that have been at my church have acted in semi-casual situations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Skeezy posted:

I kinda wanted a flashback of when Fisk met Wesley.

Also it's been mentioned probably but the dude playing Wesley kinda looks like James Spader.
He looked like James Urbaniak some maybe he was related to the guy in Agent Carter who was played by James Urbaniak :haw:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://marvel.com/news/tv/24478/netflix_orders_a_second_season_of_marvels_daredevil

Good news everybody :getin:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Raserys posted:

Johnny Yong Bosch is: The Iron Fist
This would make up for not living in a world where Troy Baker isn't Hawkeye (except in cartoons)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

dj_clawson posted:

I'm not sure everyone got Odin's memo that "we're not gods." There's got to at least be SOME people out there who saw footage of Thor busting heads in New York and said, "All right, we know the answer, let's all set up some runestones or whatever it is we now do." Hell, I would probably think about it.

(Steve's also Catholic)
Just wait till Hercules gets introduced to the MCU right? Right? :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Snak posted:

Yeah I can't believe that's a real poster. I looks like a bad fan photoshop. It probably is.
Yeah they got that from a set photo and decided to change the background. Pretty lazy imo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Snak posted:

Yeah, but Blade 3 has Ryan Reynolds saying "Cock-juggling thunder-oval office" which is almost worth the entire rest of the movie. That whole interrogation scene really. The movie is unforgivably bad though. Like, why does Jessica Biel have a lightsaber? Why does Whistler die fighting cops?!

Also Triple H is in it. I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negetive. It just is.
It did give Patton Oswalt a lot of material to write/talk about working on Blade 3

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Serf posted:

He talked mad poo poo about Daredevil before it aired, and was wrong on pretty much every account. Dude has a real issue with Marvel for some reason. Or maybe it's just their TV stuff? Other than that he's known for talking out of his rear end about stuff in the entertainment industry that I've never seen anyone else confirm, so his word means basically poo poo.
Maybe he's a poster on CD? :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I think Marvel/Disney/Netflix saw the response to Beasts of No Nation and went "Hey how bout we turn Iron Fist into a movie exclusive to Netflix"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

God I wish Marvel could backdoor in Doom and the Fantastic Four and actually stand a chance of making a good show featuring them for a change.
Shame Kilgrave is dead so they can't recreate the scene where Doom reveals just how powerful his will truly is :doom:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Iliad is a bit dry, mostly because the better part of it is spent name dropping everyone who's fighting the battle (I mean literally everyone, and their loving ancestry to boot). It does have some pretty graphic descriptions of people's guts spilling out though, so there's that.

Odyssey is generally a better story, in my opinion.
Best parts of the Iliad are either Diomedes day of glory, Diomedes and Odysseus going on a covert ops mission, and Achilles fighting a River God that can't drown him because he is the son of nymph and immune to drowning

Now I'm sad that no one has pitched an Iliad/Trojan Cycle Netflix series

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Now all this Greek Mythology talk makes me hope that we get an Incredible Hercules Netflix series

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

They should just film all these shows at once then release them over the course a few years at this point. :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

You know I don't know why they made it a virus instead of just saying he releases these pheromones, not like the virus is more realistic

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/16/marvels-daredevil-season-2-ew-review
Ew didn't like it either, lot of it seems like this critic takes out a thesaurus to find words to sound smarter and more profound.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

S02 Ep09 Is that Keith David as Fisk's legal advisor?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

GLOSS posted:

I'll just say after finishing the entire season that I'm so glad that Clancy Brown continued his streak of being evil characters in comic book adaptations. I was a bit worried after his initial testimony, I should have known better that he'd be back down the line to remind us that he is always and forever will be an rear end in a top hat in any comic book related media.
I was disappointed that he wasn't the CEO of Roxxon or one of the 10000 other evil corps in the Marvel universe (I do like how Roxxon is the one consistent factor in all the MCU since it has showed up in every TV show and in the movies), but rear end in a top hat general/soldier man Clancy Brown is just as good as evil CEO Clancy Brown

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I really wanted the season to end with Beardo firing her after reading just the title of her article
That guy was my favorite character this season just for how much of a sarcastic rear end in a top hat he is, but deep down he cares for Karen and the integrity of a dying medium.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Abner Assington posted:

Final Luke Cage trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJ-nRgx8o0

Synopsis: :drat: times a million.

And bonus Method Man cameo at the end!
Glad to see Johnny Blaze finally in the MCU :v:

Also are we going to get a motion poster like we got for DD and JJ?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMvMgsUOmXk
Short video on how they use Harlem for the show

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

1x13
Ok so I don't know about how things are in the comics or so apologies if this is very funny in that context. The best thing about Shades to me is that I was waiting the whole show to see what this guy's deal is, he's clearly up to his own thing and there's some deal with his eyes. He's totally gonna shoot an eye lazer or turn out to have the same power as Luke in a surprise moment. Or he'll bust out some insane kung fu moves and rope-a-dope Luke. Whelp, no he's just Some Guy actually. Oh well.

Cool show, cool music.
In the comics Shades does indeed have eye lazer powers

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

flosofl posted:

Yeah, but weren't those really just special specs and not an inherent power? Pus, doesn't he turn from a baddie to a goodie at some point?
I don't know I just saw that factoid from a list of Easter Eggs on the show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel has had the TV rights and that's not at all how the movie deal works either.

Sony is making Homecoming.
Yeah already Sony has rejected the guy that Marvel wanted to play Spider-man and the director iirc.

I do think people who say its going to be awful and bomb are being a little premature though

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Still hoping for Madam Gao's boss to be Fu Manchu.
I would want that if only it meant that shang chi would show up

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Really they should have gotten The Raid fight choreographers to do the fight scenes, but that can apply to anything really; I mean Disney has all the money in the world, why not spare no expense?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Well it's a good thing Finn quit Twitter recently withad those reviews coming out

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I guess now it makes sense why they are releasing it on St. Patrick Day :v:

I'll probably enjoy it because I have really low standards in entertainment

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Huh isn't Fu Manchu in the Public Domain by now?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I honestly don't see the problems with the series because I am on Episode 2 and This is completely believable and the correst approach for a psychiatric doctor to think.

I am not joking when I say that this is just unnecessary backlash to this show and it's really weird cause it's pretty decent.

The show takes a super realistic approach to Danny Rand returning and I think people find this offputting.
Actually I've seen a lot of people from the mental health community write about how much they hated that episode

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Isn't Perlmutter in charge of the television and Netflix stuff now.
Yeah and he's notoriously a cheapskate and also a terrible human being. Hopefully Defenders being 8 episodes will help it and maybe the fights will be better since they aren't using the same people from Iron Fist this time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

geeves posted:

Can we rename the thread "You are the Worst Iron Fist Ever" ?
What's funny is this is pretty accurate to comic's Danny who is pretty low on the rankings of Iron Fists over the years

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Phenotype posted:

How did Finn Jones even pass the preliminary character screenings? I don't think he has the right look for the part, but my main beef is that he just cannot do a convincing martial artist. I'm not even into martial arts movies or anything, and when he is doing exercises and striking karate poses even I can tell he looks goddamn awkward. You expect a sort of grace and fluidity and control of the body that he just does not possess, and I can't imagine that there weren't other actors out there who couldn't do a better job even at the early auditions. Maybe they expected him to get better with training, and he just kept on sucking until it was too late? (Even then, they could have had him lift some goddamn weights at least.) I could buy him as a novice ninja-in-training, but he just cannot pull off a master assassin trained for 15 years in a monastery.

He just looked ridiculous trying to impress Wing and the Hand ninjas, and he's gonna look real silly next to Matt Murdock, too.
Honestly they should have just hired a martial artist who isn't completely terrible at acting

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Why didn't Rand wear the headband-mask thing? The historical footage of the previous Iron Fist wore it, so it seems like it should have been in the show from the start. If he had worn his mask, he could protect his billionaire identity, and they could also have martial artist stunt men doing all the fight scenes for him.
Because then the audience will think Iron Fist is a green and yellow Daredevil because it looks kind of like his original costume from the show everyone likes!!! :downs:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Random Thoughts about Iron Fist:

Man I'm so loving tired of the "killing is wrong" Marvel nonsense. Can not wait to watch Punisher murder every fool he can. That was the best part of Daredevil season 2.

Its weird because in the movies, Marvel heroes don't really have qualms about killing henchmen and villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

notthegoatseguy posted:

I can't wait to see an Inhuman adaptation that removes everything unique and interesting about the Inhumans.
Despite Scott Buck being in charge they seem to be using a CGI Lockjaw which is more than I can say he did for IF.