Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

What is their match making in this game like, as non-existent as it is in WoT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Mazz posted:

Was there any benefits of being a WoT beta tester or anything?

you got a Valentine
which was available for everyone else just a couple of weeks later

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

MREBoy posted:

What are the odds the US BB branch unlocks off the Chester ? I hope not, doing it off the St. Louis would be a heck of a lot easier.

you can see all the tech trees here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/437-what-we-know-about-ships-updated-28032015/

TheFluff posted:

If I get more (uncertain at this time) it'll be after Easter at the very earliest.

I wouldn't mind grabbing one of the after Eastern keys

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Temporal Recruit rerun starting on September 8th - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11496013

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Aramoro posted:

Been away from it for a few months, is Botes playable at all just now?

that depends, how comfortable are you with 4 DDs, 2 subs and 1 CV in your games?

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Devorum posted:

Hearing from people who watched his channel, apparently it was full of racist slurs, homophobia, and vulgar rants against specific WG employees.

Sounds like a much bigger issue than "says game bad", tbh.

second comment in that threat goes into more detail about that:

quote:

As a Russian speaker I had been occassionally watching a Nomen stream for maybe 3-4 years. Aside from having some absurd views about the game itself (Thunderer, Georgia, Alaska, being bad, Kremlin unplayable bad, DDs and smokes being OP, general poor level of knowledge about game mechanics) he has been very abrasive and offensive in a way Foch has never even dreamt to be. Nomen is a guy who would spend 30 minutes describing how WG employees of his choice should f*** their mothers. On top of it an endless stream of racist slurs (WG catering to the n***ers in the West you know) and homophobia all over. So while I wouldn't piss on WG if they were on fire, Nomen is the last guy you should rally behind. He is a Zoup rather than a Foch.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

toadee posted:

A well played sub isn’t even close to as annoying as CVs are still currently. Because for all of the annoyance of the sub it can only go 30 knots and not 300

the premium German submarine U-4501 that they added for super testers not long ago has a base submerged speed of 41 knots and can go up to 50 with flags and boosts, it can outrun most DDs

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Lakedaimon posted:

For anyone who is big on the Research Bureau, what is the most efficient way to earn points? I never really bothered to learn how it works. Can I get the 2x on each unique line or is it just the first time I reset one? Im sitting on 2million+ free exp and over 200m silver, so im sure I could bang out enough points to get like a Slava.

the fastest branch to blast through is the Harugumo line of IJN destroyers and if you have alot of FreeXP you just blast through the tree without buying the ships, then reset them again and keep repeating it. the research points per ships stacks per reset and isnt deleted so you could stack it up to x5 RP per ship and then buy and play them to cash in on the RP

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm not a fan of T8 premiums only getting a +5% bonus to credits anymore. That feels like a kind of super lovely nerf.

the -10% cost reduction to post-battle ship service cost has been replaced with a +5% credits in the new system

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah but didn't they used to have a way bigger credit income coefficient compared to tech tree ships? Or is that still hidden and in place? Because it would have been a lot bigger than +5% prior to this, even if the exact figures were hidden.

only T9 and T10 ship camos had that and special ones like the National camo for the Warspite for example

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

kaesarsosei posted:

Adding these anti-sub attacks to CVs is just stupid - isn't going to affect the game in the slightest, but its just loving stupid.

its even more stupid than you think: https://twitter.com/flamuchz/status/1575777000496582656?cxt=HHwWgMCi_ai1pN4rAAAA - the automated carrier ASW is more accurate and deals more damage in a large radius than the player controlled one because of course WeeGees pet class cant be harmed

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

colonelwest posted:

Lol, “we never really finished working on subs or their balance against other ship classes, but we’re tired of this poo poo and just going to dump them in the game.”

their handling and implementation of submarines at this point could be a good case study in sunk cost fallacy, "release them at all costs now I'm tired of this poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

General Battuta posted:

Superconqueror, Superpetro, hybrid destroyers, support CVs.

Lmao.

dont forget those "support" CVs can apparently lay minefields and smoke so of course the troll option is to smoke up the enemy team