Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bloodfart, Turd Borne, Blood Boner, Crud Borne, Blood Snore-n, Blood Bored, Bilb Borne, Cum Corn, Snrub Snrorn, Fail Fag: the Movie: The videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Someone post spoilers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I tried to google some, but I didn;t really know what I was looking for and gave up. Surely a bitter dweeb that spoiled themselves accidentally could pick up the torch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm downloading this piece now to wash away the fallout 4 aids... I hope its better than dark souls.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

its the same type of game

It seems like it does away with the stuff I didn't like about dark souls.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Time to make this game my bitch.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Already I like the lack of shield and more flexible dodging, since I preferred to dodge in dark souls. It does control almost exactly the same though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What happens if you kill the wolf at the start?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Human Grand Prix posted:

Which weapon did you choose?

The axe and the blunderbuss.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Can you co-op with friends in this?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My psn is jakeface6.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is harder than dark souls...the big roving gangs of enemies gently caress you up.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

this game is like so hard!

I can't even get passed the first lantern Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Whose the English teacher here, rear end in a top hat.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The cleaver or whatever shits all over the axe...was getting my rear end handed to me until I restarted and chose more wisely.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can always just buy the other starting weapons, they're cheap too.

Oh really? I might try the cane.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

God, I'd swagger around every day with that cane if I could.

On a scale of assassins creed sword cane to saints row pimp cane, where does it fall?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I chose axe because I was uses to rolling around and doing big damage on the enemies in dks but the crowds are a lot tougher in this game so it doesn't work. Fast slashing gets you out if a bind better for noob because of health regen imo

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just found the first shortcut of bloodborne...platinum here I come.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just found out weapons can transform and also that locking is almost always bad so I just roll up to that bonfire with all the hunters and roll around with r1 r1 l1 l1 like a sir until everyone is dead instead of kiting them all for 10 mins.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

You just found out weapons can transform?

Yeah. I pressed l1 when I only had fists it it didn't do anything and then I was talking to my coworker the today and he was telling me about transforming weapons and I realised it wasn't something you unlock later.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Harrow posted:

Locking on is good against enemies your size because the sidestep dodge it lets you do is faster and covers more distance than the unlocked roll dodge

Locking on is almost always bad against really big enemies, it makes the camera go nuts

It's OK against one or 2 small dudes, but I like being able to change direction in crowds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Nice. You can also do transform combos if you hit L1 mid combo. Some of them are monstrous

Yeah that's what he was telling me about...I don't actually like the cleaver transformed outside of combos tho.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can just run past those guys if you dont want to fight em

I want to practice my skills.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

First boss of this game is actually hard...almost killed him first time but now I can't get him down to half Ps don't tell me how to kill him.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SM64Guy posted:

i'll say one thing, keep the camera locked on to his body rather than his head so the camera doesnt gently caress up as much

You loving piece of poo poo grafe you're lucky I already figured this out. *closes baseball bat store and flights to Spokane browser windows*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol I threw a pebble at cleric beast and then killed him.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wandered around aqueducts for like half an hour and then ran into a boss and died...fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

apropos to nothing posted:

seriously Berserk is like the best thing I've ever read. irt boss chat I think quelaag will always be my favorite boss fight cause DS1 was my first souls game and I died to her a million times plus I was just so confused why a half spider fire lady was in the poison level instead of a poison boss. it was a very unique experience and when i finally beat her that's when the souls combat sorta clicked for me

She was one of a bunch of bosses I slaughtered first attempt.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ludwig is maki ng me rage!!#!

This, but Father Gasgoine /noobeh rant

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

when i played dark souls for the first time i had problems with just about every boss except i beat ornstein and smough first try without summons or anything lol. i distinctly remember running backwards around the room in a circle for approximately 20 minutes

The only bosses I remember having normal trouble with were Capra and gwyn. I had the most trouble with seath though because I never thought to use curse resist stuff lnao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

After a few days rest, Father Asscoin is swiftly defeated.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

It's amazing how, when you get stuck in something and step away for awhile, when you come back you're able to defeat the thing that was blocking your progress. Has happened to me again and again in ds games

It feels nice.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Showerthought: this game would be better with romancable npcs.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

u sort of can with iosefka as long as you do it before you kill gascgoine. nobody knows this because you have to go out of your way to do it

Dang. Something to think about for new game plus then.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't played this since I beat father Gascoigne. It was a gaming overload for me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm taking my time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

i don't really get bloodborne

so right after the start of the game, I can go from the central yarnham lantern, kill some dudes, then slowly whittle down a giant crowd around a bonfire (and it sounds like there's a boss after that) or go face some miniboss around the corner. Anyway, at some point in culling the giant herd or trying to fight the miniboss I gently caress up and die, and so have to kill the same dudes again, in the same way, in the exact same place

since I'm not as quick as I used to be it would take me a while to get good enough to beat either section, so in the meantime I'm just going along the same path, killing the same dudes in the same spots, over and over again. it's already getting boring and i get the impression that this core activity loop is basically the game and I don't really get what's appealing about it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Sounds like your bad at the game op

You mad, bruh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i love the genre of person that plays videogames and says phrases like "core activity loop" about them.

Lol.