Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Please invite "Tom Waits" to the badass dark elf guild or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'm really enjoying Nightblade even though it's a bit squishy when facing certain tough enemies or like groups of three. I have my 5th and Ultimate slots (Deathstroke and Shadowy Disguise) bound to my mousewheel. So I see a dude, roll my wheel back to turn invisible, run up, press 1 for Surprise attack, hit him with either a charge attack or ultimate, then Killers Blade and boom, anythings dead. Takes like two seconds.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'm so, so sorry

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

How's endgame crafting? I like the idea of making my own ridiculous set of armor rather than search around for a set.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I loot every shelf and desk and box and urn but ignore anything that probably has food in it. I turned a mission in and just as they were teleporting me away I looted a random urn and got the imperial motif.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I always thought it was like the single player games where 2H weapons don't do extra sneak damage at all and daggers do a shitton. That's pretty much the entire reason I rolled with dual wield daggers.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

If you want a scruffy looking non princess character you're free to make a beefy lady with horrible burns on her face and body and a no nonsence hairstyle. You can also make your character look old as gently caress.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm a little curious about the cost on that. If it's only one point at a time it would have to be fairly inexpensive to encourage me to buy.

Yeah I have like 200 crowns which is leftover from when I bought the game. I don't think I'm ever gonna buy more crowns, but it's annoying having a small number like that, so if riding lessons are cheap it'd be great.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

radintorov posted:

Hey, @Overchromed: if you sent me the mail with the glyphs, I'll send them back to you as soon as I manage to get my internet connection back (posting from phone atm).
Sorry about it.

Edit:
internet connection is back up. I've sent the various mail with the glyph back to sender plus a few extra glyphs for deconstruction I made. Again, sorry about this.

Hey it's no biggie, those weren't exactly hot button items.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Baron FU posted:

I disagree with the WoW comparisons. Combat is far removed from WoW's tab targeting where you have 30+ abilities on your bars. It's much closer to a normal elder scrolls game than it is to WoW.

And it plays great on a controller.

This guy is correct. It's much more streamlined than other MMOs. And it's pretty loving fun. Get the PC version and join the EP goon guild.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Once you get to the higher levels of the game (Cadwell's Silver and Gold) it can be a challenge getting anyone to do world bosses or dolmens. It seems like 70% of the player base ignores the areas to go grind or straight up roll a new toon once they hit VR.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Man the respawn rates in Cyodiil delves for bosses is completely unforgivable. 2 hours of mindlessly clearing all enemies before the last boss appears? An hour for the same in another? Madness. It's the only straight up bad design I've seen so far in this game.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I hate yankees posted:

I'm on Cadwell's Gold and I'm noticing I don't see as many people running around. I'm on PS4, so I figured I'd see more people since the game is relatively new. This is my third dolemn in a row that I basically solo'd. A random dude with perfect timing runs up on the last anchor right before the bosses die each time.

Is that normal? Do people not play through the other quest lines to level veteran ranks or something? It'd be pretty cool if the game let you select a "veteran" version of these zones that all factions could play together on or something.

Also, I've been trying to find M'aiq and he's never where the map says he is (esomap.uesp.net). Does he appear at certain times or something?

Yeah a lot of people don't bother with Silver let alone Gold, and those that do often only do the almanac stuff. I'm a completionist, so I usually find myself spamming in the main city for someone who's in that area, and just knock out all the bosses, dolmens, and public dungeon all in one go.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Is there anything to pvp other that two zergs crashing into each other, resulting in your character's death in seconds by attacks you can't even perceive? Because that's been the entirety of my pvp experience.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I think that contained has one or two random training items. If you're on PC and see Overchromed on, give me a holler and I can make you a sweet bow.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Talkc posted:

Anyone have some skill recommendations/advice for leveling a melee nightblade? Im looking to take a break from my healy casty templar for a bit.

DW or 2H? I hear most people go 2H but I like DW. stam I assume

my bar looks like this. It's really only good for single target dps so my second bar is buffs and bow aoe stuff
Abilities
1 Veiled Strike--M--> Surprise Attack (open with this from stealth to do a bunch of damage, stun, and wreck their armor. Also good for spamming)
2 Twin Slashes--M--> Either morph (good cheap move to throw a dot on dudes. One morph heals you the other does more damage, your choice)
3 Assassin's Blade--M--> Killer's Blade (Powerful execute move on low health guys, heals you quite a bit when you kill dudes. Great for spamming on bosses when they're low too)
4 Teleport Strike--M--> Ambush (great gap closer that stuns the enemy for a short bit and increases your next attack)
5 Shadowy Cloak--M--> Shadowy Disguise (Invisibility comes in handy a lot! And you have a magicka bar that's feeling neglected with all these stam skills)

For the ult I usually use Dawnbreaker since it increases weapon damage when slotted but there's probably a case to be made for a number of other ults.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Racials are OK. There's been a few times on my NB where I sneak attacked a mob and got it to 5% hp and thought, "man if I was a bosmer he would have been one shot". Ultimately though I like the way my dunmer looks, and that's no kidding super important in an MMO because you'll be spending a lot of time looking at your guy. Every race has some facials that will benefit you somehow. OK maybe a bosmer mag caster might suck bit more but otherwise who cares. It's not like people will be all " uh argonian mag DK? Why aren't you a dark elf, get out of our raid" and if they do tell them to gently caress themselves.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure there's like 8 quests about stealing a bottle of wine e or something for some lowlife.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Scyantific posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evBUvNjP5LY

A bit dark, but this is last night's V12 Vet CoH run. I tanked on my V9 NB.

noice

Also man I gotta remember to turn on the game's music once in a while, the music in this game is pretty great and epic. I think I was listening to Cat Power during that fight....not exactly the same effect.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I got the same thing and decided the best way to deal with altitus is to make all my planned alts at once. That way I can train up their horses so they're not maddeningly slow when I get around to playing them. Also, I dump random items I come across in my travels in the bank so that all that extra research time isn't being wasted. Typically I finish up Stonefalls with each one, so they'll be about level 20 and have plenty of points to shuffle around as I hone the builds. I made tankplar, a bow based stamsorc, a vamp NB healer (which is loads of fun), and a DK that I'm probably going to find some kind of weird non-optimal build for. Maybe I'll use a random mishmash of guild skills or something.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

There is actually a growing number of DC goons in the EP guild (which is pretty much the only goon guild). Still, if you're deadset of playing a Redguard or Alter or whatever I really gotta recommend the Explorer's Pack so you can play your race of choice and still get to chill on the best alliance with the majority of PC goons. Just my opinion, and I'm usually loathe to spend money on MMO poo poo.

But you if do decide to roll DC we'll still set you up with wicked awesome gear or w/e.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The sorc in particular can easily be specced for healing as long as you keep a healing staff on your second bar and level those skills.

E:assuming you're a mag based sorc that is.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

PureRok posted:

Does armor value not go down with durability anymore?

Nope. Except when it breaks.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

How are you guys enjoying the expansion?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Notapipe posted:

Is it viable to run a dragonknight with a bow? If so what's the best way to go about it?

Shoot them with pointy arrows and use your flappy wing ability to send projectiles back at casters.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I want to say you gain one deletion per week?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Update is November 2nd

drat that looks great. Also finally, Akaviri style. Ancient Off sounds neat too.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Aramek posted:

Absolutely cheesy naming conventions, frankly, only increases my enjoyment. Like, how hilarious are the actual canon in-universe Argonian names?

Hauls-Rope-Faster? Gold.

Naming your kid Digs-For-Roots is just dooming him to be an alchemist. It's a wonder more folks don't rebel, then we'd have Hadmar Axe-Haft, level 15 enchanter.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

hah well at least more people will use the group finder then maybe? Still crappy.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

What's the problem with the Magelight graphic? I don't even remember what it looks like since there's an option to turn it off.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

so uh....I'm making my NB healer minor in DOT DPS lol

So...non-optimal.....so satisfying...

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

tgidieday posted:

Patch notes 3.0: Champion system removed in favor of additional veteran ranks. Level to veteran rank 30 as you experience Dark Tamriel and foil Molag Bal's even-darker schemes! Dark Tamriel consists of the same award-winning content as your first Tamriel adventure, but this time, the brightness has been turned way down.

Patch notes 3.0.1: Brightness restored to normal in Dark Tamriel.

I'd actually be okay if they went "A Link To The Past" with this.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I just hit the vamp level where I can give dudes. If anyone on PC EP build needs a bite, holler at @Overchromed.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

SO I have two templars and two nightblades...I decided I should really try some other classes and playstyles.

I haven't really messed around with bows or two handers, so I'm gonna make two new guys with that in mind.
Haven't played a Sorc or a DK much. Which should be the sniper and which should be the two hander?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

You probably won't have issues with HP during levels 1-50 (make sure to bring some +HP food for dungeons), but you'll want some HP when you get to VR levels. However there are multiple ways to hit the HP sweet spot such as putting +HP enchants on your gear and stuff. Personally I put about 20% of my points into HP and the rest into stamina, on my NB stam DPS guy. I still put a few HP enchants on one or two pieces just to make sure I can take a hit or three in max level dungeons.

If you're not sure, throw a few points in. Reallocating those points is easy and relatively cheap later on.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Not sure, it seems like an effective way to get people to use the grouping tool and will probably cut down on the number of people spamming for groups in zone chat. The bonuses and such will probably be small, but still nice, and will make doing tough veteran dungeons with PUGs a little more doable.

WoW had implemented something very similar a while ago.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

You can also keep the NB and just make him a tank. I've heard NB tanks are really fun, and to be honest I ended up deleting my DK tank because it felt a little boring and cookie cutter.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Argonian passives aren't great but you'll still have the satisfaction of being a special snowflake lizard man (worth it!)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

doomfunk posted:

Yeah, I mean, there is no wrong race really* but I am partial to dunmer.

*Argonians may in fact be wrong

UHHHH

UHHHH

Argonians are the closest biologically to actual dragons so in fact Argonian DK is the proper choice.

You're welcome for this insightful gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I think the whole bash build thing was much more viable when blocking still allowed stam regen.

• Locked thread