Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Verranicus posted:

So the servers are down for maintenance right now? Does that mean when they're back up we're good to go?
It looks like it.
Soon we'll be able to get guars as mounts. :3:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is nightblade good for up in your face or should I roll something like the dragon knight or templar if I wanna gently caress poo poo up in melee?
One character I have is a crit-focused melee Dragonknight, and it's pretty fun. While DKs lack high single-target damage abilities, they are insanely survivable and have access to both good AoE skills and DoTs, and now that some of the morphs scale with Stamina it can allow them to have a constant damage output while using the Dual-Wield skills for finishers.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I have to say that I'm thoroughly satisfied with today's update.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

You forgot this from the Op.
Are those maps up-to-date, though?
Zenimax did overhaul a lot of the dungeons: almost all the ones I've re-visited lately had a completely different layout from when I ran through them originally months ago.

Edit:
for example I ran through Entila's Folly yesterday and I cannot see its current layout in that list of maps you posted.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Wildebeest posted:

Can I get invite for EP please @Wildebeest ? Think I'm going to reroll from DC. Thanks!
Invite sent.

Truth posted:

Can I get an EP invite? @Robert Mugabe
"Account Not Found"

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Pickpocketing is chance based which you can improve leveling up the thieves skill line while normal stealing is just crouching out of sight and grabbing stuff when no one is looking. Medium armor (light armor in other TES games) improves your sneaking abilities and the thief skill line can improve sneaking as well as paying bribes, fencing stolen goods, etc.
Of note is that you don't have to crouch if there's no-one around: NPCs do have limited detection range anywhere that isn't the front.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Ridinspinnaz posted:

I have no memory of how to play my DK or my Templar, so figure I might just roll a new character. Toss an invite to @Impeach_Barack if you can :]
Invites sent.

NuckmasterJ posted:

Can I get an invite to both guilds? I'm still in the circle jerk guild from release so I'm good there! @Bubbahotepp

This should be fun. Just redownloaded last night and I'm trying to remember how to play my 27 Templar.

zwdzk posted:

I'm enjoying this game quite well, surprisingly. @N'hwat if any kind soul wants to shoot an invite my way.
Accounts not found.

Edit:
invites sent.
I just remembered that the @ is used for the account name: so an account would be "@BigMuatra" while the character would be just "BigMuatra" without the @ in front.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 19, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

@FredoSantana I could use all relevant guild invites please
Invites sent.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Is this gaudy enough to be worn proudly as our Goon tabbard?
As I said in chat, go for it, looks great for us goons.

Edit:
invites sent
\/\/\/\/

radintorov fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 19, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Can I get an invite to Ebonheart and crafting guilds? @floorlava and thanks!

Rylek posted:

Please send invite for EP to:

@Ryleko and @Supersanta

Please and thank you!

Urk! posted:

Also hoping for invite to EP guild:

@SouthpawQuack

Thanks!
Invites for the EP and DC guilds sent (on the US server).

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Archonex posted:

This is amazing. I'm going to need to spend a point on the morph now. :allears:
One of my alt runs Volley with the Scorched Earth morph and Bombard.
I open up with Scorched Earth, and then hit the enemies with Bombard, rooting them in the AoE. Then I either use Venom Arrow on enemies using interruptable attacks, or just spam Bombard until they all die. It works great against most groups of enemies.
Of course enemies immune to rooting effects need to be danced around to get the most damage out of my AoE.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Britt Burns posted:

I have a tip too! If you want to farm provisioning mats without consequences, go to Cold Harbor! The justice system isn't implemented there yet, so not only can you clean out all of the containers, you can also access services even if you're KoS to everyone else! :D
Same deal with Eyevea if you've completed the Mages' Guild questline.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I will say this about the Main Quest: I found the final confrontation to be more entertaining than watching Martin dragon out in Oblivion or punching Alduin in the face in Skyrim. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Found a male whore in the Eastmarch Outlaw Refuge. Name: Flicks-His-Tongue.
It's true. It's all true. :stare:
As asked, here's the evidence.

And the best part is the voice actor Zenimax used for him. It has to be seen (and heard) to be believed. :D

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Account not found
Sorry, I already invited him, his actual account name is @Tsarbomb

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Wait so do you actually need 2 completely separated installs ? 2 80 gb installs if you want to be able to play EU and NA ? That's absurd.

I guess p much all of you fuckers are on NA servers.
Quite a few of us Euros are on the NA server as well, yes. :v:
As for the installer, there should be a few tricks online to allow you to use the downloaded EU client to play on the NA server, but they are a bit dodgy: I remember trying it many months ago and while it did eventually work, it took a fair bit of trial and error on my part.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

Man, no one took the name Swole Lizard yet so now it's mine :toot:

Requesting an invite to the EP guild for @FathisMunk

E: actually maybe I should have asked this first, but it is still true that every class can do p much everything right ? I can be a sorceror running around in heavy armor and using 2H weapons or sword and shield right ? Swole Lizard the Fight Wizard.
Welcome to the guild, and pretty much yes.
Some classes have abilities that play a bit better in certain roles, but as a general rule everyone can play whatever he wants to.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Yes, please, do.
It takes no time to run it after dumping stuff in the bank.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

mid83 posted:

Which Goon guild is the most active? I'm patching the game and will be jumping in soon. Might as well play with Goons from the start.
Both guilds are getting more active nowadays although the Ebonheart one still has Scyantific, the guildmaster, is actually still playing the game unlike the Daggerfall's.
You can be in both anyways, if you want to.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

tyrelhill posted:

Can I get an invite to ep? @notrub
Invite sent

Edit:
also sent
\/\/\/\/\/\/

radintorov fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 28, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Bacchanalian posted:

What the hell, lets give this game another try!

@Mulaith requesting invite to Daggerfall Goons.

LLeGGo posted:

Yea, let's give it another go. Just couldn't justify the subscription when it came out. Maybe now this can be something to pick up casually when I got a little spare time.

@LLeGGo EP invite please.
Sent.
You guys will be pleasantly surprised by how the game was improved.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Snayke posted:

Also, as long as it says hidden, I'm all sweet to steal items in the open yeah?
As long as it says hidden and your character is darkened, you can freely pilfer stuff.

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, make sure to launder any gear you steal you'd like to use. Otherwise if you ever get nicked while out in the town by guards they'll leave you naked and without gold in the streets. Maybe dead too.
That is, unless you want to go for the achievement, in which case you'll need to wear all stolen armor and weapons and then have a guard confiscate it. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Any goon that played the beta and is interested in trying the changes, Zenimax has announced that from the 16th to the 20th of this month all old beta players will be able to play for free even if they did not buy a copy of the game.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ShadowMoo posted:

Invites are by @accountname not character name.
Both work, either as "@accountname" or as "charname".

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Wet Fifty posted:

So how do I get guild invites? What is the name I am supposed to post here?
Either your account name (ie: @goon ) or one of your character s name (ie: Beef Hardpecs )

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

NuckmasterJ posted:

Are any of you goonies using S'rendarr to display buffs? I can't get it to work with manual install or Minion. It keeps telling me its out of date and gives me errors. :<
I am, but I cannot help: it's working ok for me. :shobon:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

So Why?

Also, how much health should I have as a dps?
The higher your maximum Stamina/Magicka, the more damage your Stamina/Magicka skills do. And yes, that's taking into account Increase Max Stamina/Magicka armor enchantments and food (and one of the reasons drinks are still not as viable).

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Zenimax just added those "riding lessons" that were data-mined to the Crown Store:

These three bundles were the only new additions for the moment.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Hey, @Overchromed: if you sent me the mail with the glyphs, I'll send them back to you as soon as I manage to get my internet connection back (posting from phone atm).
Sorry about it.

Edit:
internet connection is back up. I've sent the various mail with the glyph back to sender plus a few extra glyphs for deconstruction I made. Again, sorry about this.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 5, 2015

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Also, having finished Cadwell's Gold, I can say that as far as faction storylines the Aldmeri Dominion story is, in my opinion, the most fun to play through. Ebonheart Pact has an issue of largely 'okay hero, you've completed this area, good for you! We've got nothing left for you to do!', and then you step outside and someone's there to conveniently say 'hey buddy can you come check on this situation in this other area?' The AD's story actually strings along fairly well: the events of the ending of one area lead directly into the next.
The AD storyline also tends to introduce characters that will show up as the focus in later zones and in general do a lot more foreshadowing compared to the other two factions, which is a nice touch when playing through the zones a second time.
Also bonus points of being the one faction where you kill the most elves. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

vug posted:

Templar heals are generally not spammable because they eat magicka, if you're going to toss heals around you want the heal staff spells
Indeed: Templar heals are not very efficient with their magicka, but are good for burst healing in an emergency. The Restoration Staff doesn't have the same amount of healing in one go, but are much more sustainable.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Daggerfall is the most boring of the alliances because every single zone's story involves the undead being used in some form to wrest power from those who currently have it.

Also, generic as gently caress environments too.

Berke Negri posted:

Rivenspire in DC has one of the cooler stories because its all about a failed capital T Tower the Ayelids tried to build (like White Gold in Imperial City) malfunctioning.

But there's also undead.
Yeah, Rivenspire is a pretty good zone, and so is the Alik'r Desert due to the change of scenery, even though it's even more undead.
For interesting zones when starting out either the EP or AD are good choices, the first because after Bleakrock it spends a fair amount of time in Morrowind and Black Marsh, while the latter because the overall story is more tightly-written and aside from Auridon, the locations are still nice.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

Speaking of inventory issues, what's the fastest way to up your bag size?
Also, any tricks for easy money early on?
Fastest way would be to dump money at the various Bag Vendors until you reach the max number of bag upgrades.
The most cost-effective would be getting a mount and training up your "Carrying Capacity" riding skill so that you will eventually get 60 extra bag slots.
Do note that bag upgrade and mount carrying capacity stack allowing for a maximum inventory of around 170 for a single character.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

Horses seem so damned expensive, man. =\
On the bright side, even if you buy the cheapest non-Cash Shop horse (I think it's around 10000 in-game money), it is unlocked for every single character you make on your account.
Any additional mount you buy, be it with in-game money or real life cash, just acts as a new skin you can switch to.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Also ABR: Always Be Reaserchin'.
Always.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

Stupid question, but can you heal random players while you're running about the world as a Templar? I'm the type of MMO player that likes to help random people I come across.
Yes. Any heal and buff skills will affect all friendly players nearby regardless if they are in a group or not.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

JesustheDarkLord posted:

What's the earliest I can feasibly respec? I put a couple points in bow skills because I found a decent bow but it's sort of a weird sorcerer build and I'd rather go more traditional.
As soon as you have some money and get to the capital city of your faction (Wayrest/Elden Root/Mournhold).
They are always in the second "main" zone you explore and can be easily reached if you dodge enemies that are higher level than you and any quest giver that tries to stop you.
For Wayrest and Mournhold you can just walk there by going in Stormhaven/Deshaan, while to get to Elden Root you need to take a boat from the docks in Skywatch: one of the NPCs there will offer to take you to Grahtwood.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

LoG posted:

So in this game I can be a Sorcerer wearing Heavy Armor and a 2 handed sword? Like a true Battle Mage?
If you want to, sure.
The Sorcerer does have a few class skills that work well with a 2-hander.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Looks like we won't have to worry about keeping on a PvP campaign where our faction has full superiority any longer: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/180480/pvp-update-june-2015

quote:

PVP Bonuses: Keep, Elder Scroll, and the Emperorship bonuses (passive buffs) will apply only in PVP spaces. This change will effectively do away with the concept of “buff servers.” Originally, we wanted these bonuses to provide a game-wide benefit, but we’ve seen this design become detrimental to the PVP experience due to alliances having "buff servers."
Keep in mind that this is what Zenimax is considering doing, so it may be changed/not happen.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Mithross posted:

Guilds are per account. You need the GT/PSN name, not the character name
You can also invite via character name, though. However that might be different on consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

I hate yankees posted:

What the hell do I do with collectible items? I killed some wisp bitch and wisps and got some wisp collectible things.
They are part of various hunting achievements: just "use" them.
If you can't, it means you collected one already and can sell it as junk.

Edit:
That's a nice little improvement.
\/\/\/\/\/

radintorov fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 17, 2015

• Locked thread