Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
This game is the best game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

Chewbot posted:

Pimping my work. Color correction for everyone!

True color correction. Best on Temperate maps: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406960822

Sunset color correction. Best on Boreal maps: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406958722

Future color correction. Best on Temperate or Boreal maps: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406960231

Desert color correction. Best on Tropical maps: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408602076

And you can get the desert oasis map in that screenshot here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408599649

Cheers.

These are beautiful. You are beautiful.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Rail over road is now a thing I guess.

Modders are going to put Colossal Order out of business at this rate.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

Unkempt posted:

How do I get rid of the weird blurry visual effect thing? I thought I saw something about 'film grain' but I cant find it now :shrug:

Turn Tilt Shift in the graphics menu all the way down.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

Westminster System posted:

Through Judicious use of trees and dezoning - including lots of 1 square offices that served little purpose now - I have finished insanity project one.

Big old roundabout as reference.

Essentially, my screenshot and future disaster mod anyone makes test zone is complete.

Can you upload this please.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

KKKlean Energy posted:

Is there a mod to make fires spread?

Yes I know what I'm getting into THANK YOU DAD

Of course there is.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Here, have a TERRAFORMING MOD.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
I live in Sarasota County FL, where they've been going crazy with roundabouts lately. This two mile stretch of road recently got six put in, and on top of that, they're now just about to start working on a Diverging Diamond Interchange, the first in the state - and the video of it looks like it's straight out of Cities: Skylines. I don't even know what's real anymore.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Holy poo poo does the terraforming mod let you do some awesome stuff (sunken highways, etc.) - and it even has ctrl-z support, but Jesus Christ at how much it costs to use.

The unlimited money mod is pretty much mandatory if you're going to be using it at all. A simple click of any of the terraform tools will cost you like $10,000, and considering how much trial and error is involved in getting terrain juuuuuuust right, you'd be out millions for the most basic changes to your landscape.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Every day I wake up, go to the workshop, and select "Most Popular (Today)" to see what's new and hot, and every day I'm blown away with what's now possible. Just glancing at the first page of the most popular mods of all time, and almost every single one of those seem drat near essential at this point.

Automatic Bulldoze, Extended Road Upgrade (though no longer needed), Tree Brush, Traffic Report Tool, All Tiles Unlockable, Mod Achievement Enabler, First Person Camera, Extended Public Transport UI, Dynamic Resolution, Autosave, Zoneable Pedestrian Paths, No Pillars, Terraform Tool, various Chripy mods, Sun Shafts, AutoLineColor, Ambient Occlusion, FindIt, Persistent Resource View, Additional KeyBindings, etc.

Every single one of those I woke up one day and said "Holy poo poo!" to when I saw it, and now we have toggleable traffic lights, lane control, post process effects, and SimCopter? Jesus loving Christ.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Are there any parking lot sets that have in-game icons? I love me some parking lots, but I can't stand when my menus are cluttered with those stupid 'no preview available' icon.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

bitcoin bastard posted:

Do preview icons work at all? It seems like the snapshot feature is work in progress, doesn't even have any kind of confirmation that you took a snapshot, and it seems to only work for the load/save dialog, and not in game.

Yeah there's some way to make it work, most things that come out now a days have a menu icon, so modders have figured it out, I have no idea how it's done though.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
There's a mod that enables fire to spread if you're interested: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410234967

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

Bob le Moche posted:

The game doesn't actually care whether workers can make it to their workplace. The cars are just for show and for slowing down service vehicles.

I was pretty devastated when I figured this out. I even have trouble bringing myself to keep playing the game now that I know this. I'm sorry :(

That's cool, I've always played these games like they're my own little bonsai tree/model railroad/zen garden or whatever. I just like making natural pretty looking towns and have never given a poo poo about the simulation aspect - but I can totally understand how a proper simulation would be really important to people.

Fortunately for you, there's a mod for that.

quote:

Added a wealth counter to residential buildings, every time a worker leaves for work or to shop it goes down, when the worker succeeds in reaching their destination it goes up. Your tax rate affects the amount it goes up by. Needs to pass a threshhold to level up the building, and the building will get abandoned if it gets too low (will show low land value problem).

Click on any residential building to see the wealth level. It will show the (current wealth level) / (wealth level needed to level up)

Made it much harder for traffic to despawn.

Workers were less likely to want to go to work when a lot of cars were out, removed this.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

simosimo posted:

:siren:Getting an error now in my new games and current games. :siren:

I did sub to a few new mods (traffic light, traffic reporp stuff, unlock all zones) and a few new assets but nothing major.

I have unticked all of these mods and the new assets but i'm still getting the error. It REALLY doesn't help that 'Quit to main menu' crashes the game. So each test takes about 5 minutes each time ARGH!

When you untick the custom content in game, do you actually need to press the X to get rid of it? Sucks the error is so generic. Just wasted 45 minutes testing, good thing I finished early to waste this time :unsmith:

I got this when one of my mods updated, pretty sure it was Traffic ++, and began conflicting with the New Game Plus mod I was running, so I disabled NG+ and everything's been peachy since. Don't know why quit to main menu crashes your game, and you shouldn't have to press X next to a mod, simply disabling it should be enough I think.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

Chewbot posted:

I've been working on a Napa valley-esque farmlands. It's only about 12k people, but is 90% low-density, dirt roads and 4-lane roads (I wanted to make a city using the worst possible roads). I laid out the streets similar to how they do in Napa. Farmland's surprisingly hard to make look "full".

Aerial:

Western district:

Eastern district:

This is beautiful man. I love it when people hand craft small rural towns:

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

BallsFalls posted:

Guys the first person camera mod is really great you should check it out if you haven't already, you can follow your cims!

https://vimeo.com/123378382

First-person camera: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406255342

Yeah I kinda love that mods get auto updated, it feels like every day I load up the game, notice some new mystery button, click on it, and go :aaaaa: at some new feature that's been added to a mod I subscribe to.

Of course it's only a matter of time before some modder ruins their popular mod for everyone with feature creep bullshit like that popular Skyrim mod that was linked to earlier, sounds like some people already feel that way about Zoneable Pedestrian Paths -> Traffic ++. I'm hopeful the developers will have noticed that zoneable paths are a feature that players really really want and will just implement it into the base game like they did with the popular Extended Road Upgrade mod.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Third patch in under a month, I like the cut of these guys' jib.

quote:

Greetings Chirpies!

Our post-launch adventure continues as Colossal Order bravely trek down the gritty path of fixing bugs and solving issues. Today we are excited to bring you another (mainly) bug-fixing focused patch.

So here we are, thinking about what is best in life. Crushing the bugs, seeing them driven before us and - as a reward - hear the lamentations of their ever decreasing forces.

As I mentioned last week, if your specific issue has not been fixed it most likely means we're tracking and attempting to solve it.

We will share a more long-term road map on what's to come in a not too distant future. Expect an update regarding that, tunnels, wall-to-wall buildings, bugs we're tracking and more within a not-too-long-period-of-time (or as some of our colleagues in the industry would say, soon).

As we're rolling out the update via steam it might take up to two hours, or so, for it to go live everywhere. Please re-start your steam or verify the game cache if the game does not automatically download the patch.

You can see which version number you're running in the lower right corner of the main menu, if you're not sure that you've gotten it.

1.0.7b - Patch Notes
  • Warning added when enabling a mod
  • Save to cloud box now remain checked if the loading was performed from a cloud save
  • Japanese garden for everyone
  • Added command line parameter "-limitfps x" to set a target fps
  • Mac/Linux: Fixed custom assets not loading due to an invalid PNG format.
  • Mac: Removed menu bar & docks in fullscreen mode
  • Asset Editor: the default size of assets created from templates now matches the template size if loading props
  • Asset Editor: fixed a case where the default textures may get corrupted and require to restart the game
  • Asset Editor: already placed props can now be moved around and rotated in place (respectively using the left and right mouse click) when no tools are selected
  • Asset Editor: fixed cases where LODs may not rotate with the building in the import panel
  • Steam workshop: Steam fixed the workshop not being showing when in offline mode in the latest Steam client release (24 Mar)
  • Locale: added LOADING text
  • Misc: fixed a case where command line arguments may conflict
  • Misc: removed an invalid key binding option
  • Misc: Added screenshot shortcuts to rebindable input (default is F12 for normal screenshot and shift+F12 for hi-res screenshot, also local screenshots now go to gameUserFolder/Screenshots) Steam screenshot feature is untouched and still the preferred method to take screenshots
  • Misc: Info views panel added to the Escape chain so the last Escape press will close the info views now
  • Misc: Save map does not show builtin and workshop maps any longer
  • UI: Fixed arrows sprites not showing feedback when interacted with
  • UI: Fixed color picker color not displaying in the right color space
  • No more duplicate name error for identical names coming from different packages
  • Paths can not be built inside elevated roads anymore
  • Elevated roads can now be upgraded or changed direction if one-ways
  • .ccs files displayed in red can now be selected in the load panel when trying to recover a failed save (when a save fails and attempt to
  • preserve itself generating a .ccs file)
  • french localization improved
  • general audio improvements (should help address the sound stuttering issue with some sound cards)
Once again we'd like to thank everyone who has taken their time to assist us in tracking and eliminating our technical issues. You're awesome.

The rest of you... well you're pretty darn cool too!

Regards,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Nothing really sexy in there, but it's nice to see a developer who can patch their game more then 1-2 times a year.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Hate greenspace? Then, check out this paintable terrain texture mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIgHRHK_F_w

DEO3 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Apr 3, 2015

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
The Mirror's Edge mod plus the Moveable Sun mod (which lets you set stuff like light and shadow intensity as well as the poisition) would probably get you close.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

Dried out a river and threw a highway down:

Still working on expanding around it.

Tried to make a .gif of an interchange but it ended up being a gig :downs: I'll work on it.

This is really cool.

Bold Robot posted:

That dude Scotland Tom who made Powatan Creek and Tenasi River made a new map. Looks like gentler terrain than his other stuff but with a cool farmland look.

I really love that farm land look, this guy has been doming something very similar with his maps.

Friction posted:

I think I got carried away a bit with this airport.

Both fields get heavy use, planes landing over downtown barely clear the skyscrapers. I need to get that first person mod and see what it looks like to land there.

:eyepop:

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

ArchangeI posted:

So I can no longer quit out of the game via the menu. If I click quit to desktop it just throws me back into the game. Anyone got any idea what causes this?

Also the traffic manager mod has disappeared from my screen :psyduck:

This is happening to me also (can't quit the game). Also, only half my mods seem to be working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005

canepazzo posted:

Coming this week, apparently.

Street lamps? :raise: