Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Busy Bee posted:

I just purchased a Nexus 6P and want to install some games on it for my 10+ hour flight in a few weeks. I checked out the first post in this thread and considering downloading Hitman GO, Monument Valley, Wayward Souls, and Triple Town. Does anyone else have any recommendations on other fun games I can play? I've been hearing a lot about that Neko / Cat game.

You might also want to check out:
Crossy Road, a fun Frogger clone.
Dungelot, a sort-of Rogue-light.
Dungeon Raid, a goon-made match 3 RPG with funny stories as to why you're in the dungeon each time you start a new run.
Tiny Tower Vegas, a goon-made idle hotel simulator.
Nimble Quest, a goon-made RPG-like Snake clone.
Punch Quest, a goon-made endles runner with hats.
Twist My Jeweles, a Bejeweled Twist clone.
Where's My Water?, a kind of physics-based puzzle game.

I'm not sure if the next two can be played offline:
Wayward Souls, a goon-made Rogue-like.
Marvel Future Fight, an ARPG game.

Also, if you haven't yet, get Google Opinion Rewards. Take surveys, earn free Google Play Credit.

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Depending on how active you want to be, plopping a Thief and a Healer in your team, starting at 1, and turning on auto battle is a lazy way to get some nice dough. Triple chests every ten levels is pretty nice since you can sell all the crap.

If I understand how Knight works, throw one of those in there, too. They always pick a random door when those show up, and because they're immue to traps, the door will always be either a Fountain or Bonus Treasue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

It looks like Humble Bundle have retired the regular fortnightly Android Humble Bundle for some reason. The site will still continue to have the occasional mobile bundle however, and Android games will also appear alongside non-mobile games in other bundles. Also you can now find Android game in the Humble Store.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because the last bundle (KEMCO Bundle) didn't sell for poo poo. I don't think it ever broke 100k to unlock a new game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

Where is the Ragezerker unlock? I was hoping for the 100k unlock but no cigar. Also do merchants do anything?

VIP Section, 500k for Ragezerker

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

ah nice. I just got them, and my party has been fighting him for nearly an hour. The biggest problem i have is the healers run out of mp and you can only use the mp pots once.

I thought it was like anything else, and only limited to once fight? I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Keep in mind that even though they're unlocked in the VIP menu, you still lose ragezerkers between dimensions.

Shouldn't they be available if you buy them via IAP, so that as soon as you get your Rep back up to their required amount, they're available again?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The Futurama game better feature Bender telling the player how big of a chump they are for buying IAP, because I don't think there's a more perfect character to do that.

It's free, with IAPs ranging from $5.69 to $114.05

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Friend Code: 641 929 992
Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light Referral Code: ySEJjMSM

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Wait, what? What regions is this available? Not Canada, it appears...

overseer07 posted:

Thanks for getting my hopes up, rear end.

rear end.

It's SEA, but 100% English. They don't respond to Facebook or e-mails about a global release, and if you did that pre-register roll, your code is now invalid, so at this point, I don't think it's coming out anywhere else. A goon earlier in the thread linked to it on APK Pure. Sideload and go.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Due to a bunch of goons in the Marvel Heroes thread playing Marvel Future Fight, there's now a thread for it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

tater_salad posted:

Lots of snk games on sale today.

Probably related: NeoGeo 25th Anniversary Humble Bundle.

Sadly, it doesn't look like anything mobile is part of the bundle. At least, not yet, anyway.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fiz is on sale for $0.99.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Actually-- unlike MinuteQuest some weapons will have an auto attack that does more damage per hit (but is slower) than quick tapping. And some jobs, like Girl, have auto movement, too, while equipped.

It turns out that, for the Hammer, anyway, if you start the attack, then tap as fast as you can while it's rising, then stop, it will do more damage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

Minute frontier: has anyone found any character/weapon combo that gives you autorun outside of girl/sword? It's almost an idle game, but I can't dedicate one finger to holding down a screen all day, I've got to actually do my job from time to time.

If it's anything like MinuteQuest, just lay a spoon on the left side of the screen, and your mans will go.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cooties posted:

Does anyone know if you can buy IAP with play store credits? I have all this survey money and nothing to spend it on.

You can. I've used it in Soda Dungeon, Marvel Future Fight, and a few other games.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Final Fantasy 9 is now available. Regular price is $16.99 USD. It will be on sale for 20% off ($13.60 USD) from Feb. 10 through Feb. 21.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 9, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently, $17 is the normal price, and the sale price starts tomorrow. I've update my post to reflect that.

Also, after some quick browsing of Reddit, here's some info I came away with:

Screenshot of trying to impress the Nobels

An hour and a half stream of the game in German, iOS version
http://www.twitch.tv/domikron/v/42810359

Requires 4GB of installed space and 8GB of free space to download and install.

And someone said, "Yeah, judjing by the trailer, the battles are still 15 fps.".

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 9, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

First Impressions of FF9 (iOS version)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crossposting from the iOS Games thread:

HerStuddMuffin posted:

If you enjoyed Soda Dungeon you should know that Mystery of Fortune is somewhat similar, but with the ability to customize the automatic fighting behavior of your dudes, and hilarious Engrish. And right now it's free*.

* It seems it's only free on iOS right now. It's $0.99 USD on Android.

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Solkanar512 posted:

This is a rather interesting looking game. Quick question though - with the programmable AI, are the five slot an order of actions or more of an if statement where it proceeds to the next action if the previous one isn't allowed for some reasons? How have you set your healer?

It's an if statement, and skills have a short cooldown so even if you have enough ether the characters won't spam their skills continuously. My healer is set up as:
Ether > 900 multi healing
Self < 90% healing
Friendly < 50% multi healing
Friendly < 90% healing
Self collect ether

The self collect line keeps the healer from wandering into the fray and does a lot for his survivability, more than anything else really. Overall I find that the healer is very weaksauce and I use fighters with self-healing abilities to complement that (soldier and temple knight right now) because those that don't have any die much earlier in dungeons.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Knightmare posted:

I've been getting a bunch of location surveys for places like Walgreens, Target, & Chili's lately (I like their chips & salsa, don't judge) if anyone needs some Google nickels. I don't recall if I've used my phone at those places or if Google is logging everywhere I go, but I got all three in the past week or so.

I love when they send you the same survey multiple times. So far, I've gotten a survey for Arby's because I was there on Saturday. It asks which of the following I've visted recently, when I was at Arby's, and how I'd rate my visit from 1-5 stars. The first time, I got $0.25. This time, I got $0.37. The only change in the survey was the places that weren't Arby's.

I hope they send it to me a few more times...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Geektox posted:

Nintendo's game/tamagochi/social...thing Miitomo has launched in Japan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zaaa

In-app Products: $0.99 - $74.99 per item

I wonder what Nintendo's selling for $75...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I haven't gotten a Google Survey in 10 days now. Anyone else? I was at a Target and Home Depot last week, too..

Until today, the last one I got was on 3/16. Today, I got a dime because I said yes, I am employed either full time or part time, by a business or myself. :homebrew:

AlexDeGruven posted:

All depends on what marketers are looking for when you are where you happen to be.

Also, this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess we have to share QR codes to add goons as friends? Unless we stalk eachother on social media...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, it looks like Marvel: Avengers Alliance 2 released some time in the past ~48-ish hours. On Tuesday, the Install button instead said Pre-Register, but now it says Install.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rapner posted:

Got into the Pokemon Go beta this morning. :smug:

And with those 8 words, the entire internet hates you. Lucky dog.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ragingsheep posted:

Do you need to pretend to throw your phone like you would a poké ball?

Also hold Volume Down+Power to increase the chances to catch a pokémon.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Here's some video someone uploaded of the Pokemon Go beta for anyone curious about what it currently looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylW_NL5a-wc

Interesting. Totally looks like it needs some work with collision detection, but it's Beta, so stuff like that is expected.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Has anyone played Bejeweled Stars yet?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

marshmonkey posted:

What's New
+ Tons of new floors, costumes, lobbies, roofs, elevators, missions and BitBook posts!
+ Pixel-Perfect Retina graphics!
+ Trade bitizens with friends!
+ Rename your bitizens!
+ Earn new Golden Tickets!

I hope to see as much of this ported to Vegas as possible. Or at least Captain Bitmerica and Bitpool costumes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Drakes posted:

You can get around the soft launch by grabbing the apk elsewhere, I haven't played brave frontier but this is apparently by the same guys and almost seems like a FF reskin.

You just had to go and say this, didn't you? v:v:v

The first dungeon is the Earth Shrine, and a warning that they Earth Crystal is gonna blow up. Since this is Squeenix, that means a Job System. Between this, and Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ, it's goodbye, free time! :wave:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

A quick Trip Report for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius.

:siren: First and foremost, this is a beta. :siren: There are issues, crashes, and bugs, so be prepared for them.

Removed the rerolling info. Everything is pretty confusing. One thing says to only use one FB account, another says to use two. From my own experience, I think the use 2 accounts is right, because when I tried to save, it overwrote.

My best guess is: After you get 500 Lapis, do a roll. If it's not a 4★ or 5★, log into your throwaway account, then log out. Repeat until you get what you want, then log in to your main account. Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help if you screwed up like me and logged in to your main account first.

There are various locked chests that show up. You can buy keys to unlock them via IAP, but it might be better not to do that. Japan has had various events that made obtaining keys easy. I'd suggest waiting.

And some starter tips from reddit.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 14, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sir Unimaginative posted:

They've had perfectly good Google Play Games cloud save they could have used. Ugh.

On the other hand, it should allow Android <-> iOS, right?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

flatluigi posted:

What's the best match 3 type game on Android? Looking for something as close to bejeweled as possible, really

Well, there's Bejeweled Classic, Bejeweled Blitz, and the newly released Bejeweled Stars.

I haven't played Stars, but Blitz is my favorite of the other two.

Also, Twist My Jewels is a pretty good Bejeweled Twist clone.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Updated the info in my Final Fantasy Brave Exvius post. Rerolling isn't as simple as all that, since it requires 2 FB accounts, and you need to use your throwaway one first. Bleh.

Anyway, if you want to add me, my code is 796,613,573. I'm sharing Leah, a White Mage with Cure and Libra. If you friend me, you can use her Healing Wind Limit Break.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DemonMage posted:

Bluestacks and Nox are the best for gaming currently. Bluestacks is a nice easy to use app player. Nox is a good emulator.

Unless they changed recently, I'd stay away from Bluestacks. You can only use it a few times before they want you to pay for it. Nox and Andy seem to be the best options.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Pre-Register page is live. They're doing a promo like they did for Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and setting up giveaways based on the number of pre-registration points they get.

You can contribute 100 Points: 30 for pre-registering, 10 for Liking them on Facebook, 10 for sharing them on Facebook, 10 for following them on Twitter, 10 for Tweeting about them on Twitter, and 30 for Inviting up to 3 friends.

However, you don't have to actually do any of those. Just click the button for each, and it will open a new window. Then close the window, and see that you have the points.

1,000,000 points was the first goal, and it's been reached. Everyone who pre-registers will get Magitek Armor Terra from Final Fantasy VI.
1,500,000 points gets you 3 Elixers and 5,000 Friend Points (you can spend 200 FP on the Gacha to get a random hero)
2,500,000 points gets you 500 Lapis (the Premium currency; you can spend 500 on the Gacha to get a 3★+ hero)
3,500,000 points gets you 5 Phoenix Downs and 10,000 Gil
5,500,000 points gets you 10 Rare Summon tickets (1 can be used instead of 500 Lapis on the 3★+ Gacha)

I've been playing it since it soft launched in Sweeden, and it's like a combination of old school Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Those of us already playing the Sweden version are we going to get the Terra or should I just hold off?

Well, they said today on FB that there won't be a wipe when the game launches, and if the Sweedish didn't get it, I think they'd be upset, so I expect it to go to everyone.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eddain started a thread for Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Global.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I've gotten 5 in the past ~36ish hours, and only 2 weren't location based. One was about that Journalism Summit, and the other was asking if I wanted to be considered for an opt-in group, for $1.64 total.

Alehkhs posted:

That's pretty much the survey I get every time I go to Safeway (which is nearly every day in the spring due to work).

:awesomelon: DID YOU GO TO SAFEWAY RECENTLY?
:what: How did you know?!
:awesomelon: WHAT IS YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE, CITIZEN?
:what: Red, friend Computer!
:awesomelon: THAT INFORMATION IS ABOVE YOUR SECURITY CLEARANCE. HOW WAS YOUR VISIT?
:what: Alright, I guess? It's Safeway.
:awesomelon: THANK YOU, CITIZEN. :10bux:

Repeat daily.

FTFY.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Ahahah $26 loving SquareEnix, jesus christ.

Yeah, they still haven't grasped the concept between Moblile and Console. And the whales aren't helping...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

tater_salad posted:

I just looked,
2 month's

I wonder if it's due to not spending real money in Google play in over a year.

Nope. I get plenty of surveys, and I've not spent real money since... 2012, I think? Basically, I've not spent real money since the survey app came out. The card I had on file has long since expired.