Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

:psyduck:

I thought you had to kill the heart to get to the next Ascension. I have been on the first one this whole time. When people talk about being A:16 I assumed they had killed the heart that many times.

I feel like less, and more, of a dumbass now

Feel free to drop by the Slay The Spire thread. There's pretty much always somone around to give advice, tips, and tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I posted this in the Switch thread, but if anyone's interested as to why Dr Mario is being shut down for mobile, well...

https://twitter.com/FalKoopa_/statu...ingawful.com%2F

You gotta trim Tiwtter's tracking bullshit off to get a viable link. That just ends up going to forums.somethingawful.com.

https://twitter.com/FalKoopa_/status/1420332093758795779

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Android Gaming Megathread: Unlock Thread Title for 800 Gems (BEST DEAL!)

(Sponsered By Raid Shadow Legends)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gearman posted:

Holy poo poo that owns. That gets my pick for next thread title.

:yeah:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tann posted:

Yeah I need to nerf this haha. I like infinite combos but ideally it will take more than 1 item + 1 hero.

Shwqa posted:

If it helps any, I had the coin to double the starting reroll number and orge sandwich to give me an extra roll. Both of which was needed to pull off the infinite combo turn 1.

Happy Birthday, Shwqa!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

I want this on iOS. Take my money !

Ah, a taste of Android Life.

Let's make a trade: Give us Grindstone on Android, and we'll give you Slice N Dice on iOS.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

D2 Remastered exists for the same reason WOW Classic exists: They honestly think that it will stop people from running private servers.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Octopath Traveler: Champions Of The Continent is finally getting a NA/EU release! Closed Beta is planned for this spring, so I expect it to relase in the fall, if not winter, of this year.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Len posted:

I love the gacha cycle. A new game drops and immediately there are guides on how to reroll and what to reroll for. Then you get a few months of "it's not bad at all! You don't even need the gacha to progress and it's generous!" Then most people quit and the cycle repeats with the next one

Just one more reason I stick with DFFOO. They just hit 4 years GL (5 JP), and they're still generous as poo poo.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was going to suggest NDU Idle, since it's goon-made, but apparently, there's no mobile port.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah we burned through that over a series of months and neither of us got any better but we did get stupider.

chess.txt

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/NimbleBit/status/1504845887159242753

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you pre-registered for the Octopath Traveler: Champions Of The Continent Closed Beta, it's now available to download.

Servers won't open until 3/23/22 at 01:00 UTC (tonight at 9:00/8:00/7:00/6:00 PM E/C/M/P timezones)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So after spending a good chunk of time playing the Octopath Traveler Champions Of The Continent Beta, there was something very familiar about it.

It's Another Eden themed to Octopath. It's not 100% the same, but it's very clear that they took the engine for Another Eden and modified it.

It feels very Octopath Traveler, and I enjoy it. I plan to play it when it launches in a few months.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cerepol posted:

Please tell me this doesn't include the 5m mandatory data checking at every start up

It says Downloading when I start the app, but it doesn't seem to take much longer to do that and then load into gameplay than other games I've played. I don't know if it's just downloading stuff because of the beta (there have been some issues and fixes), or if it's doing like Another Eden did, but for now, I find it tolerable.

Edit
Just launched it, and timed things. Here's the results I got:

Launch > Squeenix Logo: 21 seconds
Squeenix Logo > Tap To Start: 15 seconds
Tapping To Start > Now Loading: 31 seconds
Now Loading > Loaded and ready to play: 16 seconds
Total time from Launch to Play: 1:23

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 24, 2022

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What about LDPlayer?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

explosivo posted:

Yeah I'm expecting it to be pretty awful

e: still gonna try it though because we all have phones, right?

They decided that it's gonna be on PC, too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

So the Octopath game comes out next week right? Has anyone played the Beta? If so what’re your thoughts on it so far?

It launches on Wednesday. I took part in the Beta, and this was my post about it afterwards:

Kheldarn posted:

So after spending a good chunk of time playing the Octopath Traveler Champions Of The Continent Beta, there was something very familiar about it.

It's Another Eden themed to Octopath. It's not 100% the same, but it's very clear that they took the engine for Another Eden and modified it.

It feels very Octopath Traveler, and I enjoy it. I plan to play it when it launches in a few months.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Landscape rules, portrait drools.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It's a shame that NGU Idle isn't on mobile. It's a neat goon-made idle game.

NinjaDebugger posted:

I still can't believe that Progress Quest spawned an entire loving genre.

OTOH, most of the games in the genre are bad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bloodstained is frigging amazing, but sadly, the mobile ports were outsourced, and seem to have been abandoned while still being buggy.

The best bet for playing it is on PC or any console but Nintendo Switch (that version is also a buggy mess).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It set sail

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I discovered Pocket Cities and it's really good for a baby SimCity and just wanting to plop down buildings.

It's pretty fun, yeah. I haven't tried out 2 yet, but I hope it's just as good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Every time picross games come up in this thread, I'm reminded of Final Fantasy Picross, and that makes me sad.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

You guys really don't follow that artist on Instagram?

Nope. I don't do Facebook. If Zuck wants my info, he's gonna have to get it like everyone else does: Buy it from Google.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

blindidiotgod posted:

Makes me miss the alpaca evolution game

Holy carp I forgot about that dumb fun game! Those were some weird, fun times…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Octopath Traveler: Champions Of The Continent is just a reskin of Another Eden, with some tweeks to make it Octopathy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Just got a new phone, and it is peak gamer nonsense. It's fast as hell, and I'm having trouble making it go full tilt in a game. Anyone have a suggestion for games that can be cranked to punishingly good levels of graphics?

So far I've been playing games through dolphin at stupid resolutions and genshin impact absolutely maxed, and it still hasn't dropped any frames.

If you just want to test, try Final Fantasy 7 Ever Crisis. I've had no issues on my tablet until that one. I had to set it to the lowest graphics settings, because any battles set in a forest slowed it down so bad…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't like deckbuilders, but I love Slay The Spire. So far, I've resisted the temptation to get it on Android, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out…

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Every time StS is mentioned, I wish I was under the same spell y'all are with it. Maybe I need to give it another shot but it didn't hit nearly as hard for me.

Same with Luck be a Landlord. I had a choice between spending my survey bucks on that, or a mobile port of Doom 2, and I'm feeling like I chose very wrong with LBAL.

Eh. It happens. I tried Slice & Dice, but it never grabbed me. :shrug:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Everyone's talking about it in the gacha thread

Here's the link to said thread for those who want it

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dungeon Raid was the poo poo. I was sad when support for it ended, and very sad when I upgraded to a device it wouldn't run on.

Dungelot was another victim of the Google fees and whatnot, but it still works on my tablet (for now…)

YggiDee posted:

The original was Dungeon Raid, assuming you can dig up a working APK. Troll Patrol is a very similar game but it's an actively updating game and runs on modern phones.

Troll Patrol is a pretty good successor, and it's also available on Steam AND Nintendo Switch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Solitairica is LITERALLY Battle Solitaire.

But not as good as Slay The Spire

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

A lot of times, I don't even check out a game until it floods the android game thread.

Happy birthday, Shwqa!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is this the game you guys are talking about?

Renegret posted:

No ads. Yet somehow not a gatcha either.

The secret to their mtx is items and coins. Coins get you extra turns when you run out and items help clear the board. You get plenty of both for free through normal play. The trick, however, is that around level ~200 you get access to the super light ball, where the lightball has a double effect on everything. You lose it when you lose your winning streak and don't get it back until you clear 10 rounds. The problem is that the super light ball is broken as all gently caress, so suddenly you start burning through all your resources trying to keep your streak going as long as possible. Once you get a taste of those balls, it feels really bad to lose it.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Mobile Gaming > Android Gaming Megathread: Once You Get A Taste Of Those Balls, It Feels Really Bad To Lose It

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eat The Rich posted:

I was a pain in the neck to find. They're still inactive so I went ahead and made a new one called LLJK. Should be the only one that shows up.

Joined up. Same name as here.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheDK posted:

So you dig up the bones or what?

There's no bones to dig up

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

You missed my birthday!?

Happy (Belated) Birthda, Shwqa!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eat The Rich posted:

Sorry! Got you in. Apparently I decided to not look at the game for a while after closing the team off and deciding to boot normies. I chose 3 random goons to be co-leaders and uhhhhh welcome to the team yay

Edit: oh also if I booted you, I'm sorry, your name is too normie

LOL! You kicked my wife out. 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eat The Rich posted:

Oh shid oh gently caress

I haven't told her yet…