Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Does that Gumball game require an internet connection? I work in an area with seriously unreliable wifi and don't want to burn through my data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Man, Force Arena is pretty crap.
Feels like you experience all that it has to offer within an hour.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Duggler posted:

Battlevoid Harbinger is pretty dang good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.bugbyte.harbinger

I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't much. It's a space roguelike where you unlock new ships with different loadouts. You can be more carrier focused or battleship focused. There are a couple different alien enemy types who run different kinds of loadouts so no one strategy will work for everyone.

If you do play it, early tip from somebody who still sucks: get missions from battlestations. The game doesn't do very well in terms of explaining things, but it's still playable for sure.

How are the real time controls? I can't stand virtual thumbsticks or d pads.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Humble Bundle out featuring a buttload strategy games:

Epic War TD 2
MechCom 1
MechCom 2
Age of Civilizations
Anomaly Defenders ($3+)
Anomaly 2 ($3+)
Kingdom Rush Frontiers ($3+)
Kingdom Rush Origins ($3+)
Hero Generations ($3+)
Guild of Dungeoneering ($5+)
Worms 4 ($5+)

Plus redemption for a $5 IAP for Battle for the Galaxy

Dang, that's a good fuckin bundle for the most part.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Zotix posted:

Oh Okay.

Famous last post.
:rip:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Hey everyone, that BB-8 match 3 game you've always wanted is out soon (its in soft launch in some places).

Glad to see poo poo canning Star Wars Uprising got us more match 3 games and card collecting games instead.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, Mass Effect Andromeda sort of introduced me to sudoku with the remnant puzzles and I kind of love it now and was wondering if there were any great apps with varying difficulty levels (since I'm still pretty stupid with them) out?

Doesn't have to be strictly numbers since it was symbol based in MEA.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Artelier posted:

try Inequality? Phone posting but the logo is like math symbols larger than and smaller than together.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SoftCactusStudio.Inequality

This is pretty cool, actually, makes my brain hurt.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Goodpart posted:

The fact that Dungeon Raid is still not functioning as intended on Android is the most painful thing about switching phones. I found a game called HERRSCHAFT which is a weird Japanese knockoff Dungeon Raid with ripped assets and none of the depth, but it is on a hex grid, which is neat I suppose.

What I guess I'm saying is please tell me if there's a proper Dungeon Raid-like out there because honestly, not having it makes me want to go back to iPhone.

Dream Quest, too, but I've given up all hope on that front. I play Hearthstone wishing it were Dream Quest. :v:

What's wrong with it? I play it on my phone and tablet all the time without any issues besides somewhat lengthy animations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This seems unnecessarily graphics heavy for a friggin match 3.

I played it for about half an hour and it brought my full battery down to half. :stonk:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Gann Jerrod posted:

The most important game of our lifetime has just been released: Garfield Go

Jesus christ, a loving Garfield AR game... :doh:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone have any thoughts on Empires & Puzzles?

It showed up in an ad while playing another game and it looks neat since when you match things, it sends little mini-armies at the enemy up top. Nice visual touch, don't know if that's actually in the game or not.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Oh god, Runic Games whored out the license to Torchlight.
:rip:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

WWE Tapmania is out for anyone who thinks the pairing of clickers and professional wrestling makes for a stunning combo.

Looks like yet another Tap Titans clone, meh.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, there's an official Bust a Move game out now but it has paid level packs and that's lovely.

Any other non-shovelware bubble popping games out there with decent production values? Don't care if it's paid as long as there's no microtransactions.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

sleepwalkers posted:

What’s disagreeable about level packs? Do they seem like a bad deal, or do you just not like anything where you don’t pay up front?

I'm already paying for the game and then with all of the level packs it's like another $20 on top of that.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Does PM3 need a reliable internet connection? Cause I mostly play mobile games during dead spells at work and the wifi blows.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't wait for microtransactions and energy limits out the rear end.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Any gacha games that can be played without an internet connection? Need something to poke at during dead times at work but the wifi is hot garbage.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 6, 2018

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I want to try my hand at shooters on my phone, what's the easiest options to get me used to them?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

EA just announced a Clash Royale-esque Command and Conquer game for mobiles, which you can pre-register for a forthcoming "pre-alpha" test at the game's Play Store page.

Rip C&C

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

Here's some Elder Scrolls Blades gameplay to give you an idea what the game will be like when it comes out later this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POsTRbmGdl8

Neat, it's basically Might & Magic.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I like how the screenshots don't give me any inkling at all that this is like Slay the Spire... or really like anything but some type of trading card game.

I loving love appstore screenshots.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dropbear posted:

How awkward is it to control it with a phone? Debating where I should get this. Another game I wish came out on the Switch..

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently it IS coming on the Switch. Well that's that then.
EDIT2: Ugh, turns out they got rejected by Nintendo so a port isn't certain after all. Guess I might as well get it on the phone if the controls aren't godawful.

How much can you tolerate touchscreen gamepads?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lol at all the 1 star reviews saying "this isn't the exact same old c&c game I never got over!"

Completely justified anger. :colbert:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You know, I think we should've kept going after Nagasaki.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Lol war crimes haha lol

yes that is what we're discussing in this thread now, right?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

tonytheshoes posted:

I had a lot of fun with BBTAN : 7Years

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.percent.bbtanroulette

The slot machine mode is so addictive.

What a weird god damned game but I kind of love it?

Need more bust a move type games on my phone.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Does anyone have a favorite artillery game for android?

Pocket Tanks has a pretty good android port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Y'kno, aside from the predatory as gently caress gambling system plastered all over everything, Mighty Doom is a pretty fun Archero knock-off but it might also just be the Doom flavoring that gives me bias. :kiddo:

I kinda had a fist bump moment with a chain of jump pads that let me rocket every monster in the arena it was nice.