Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

To reiterate, they weren't allies. I was perfectly specific about the deal. It's a good deal both ways if you count numbers. You of all people know how much I was very careful about exactly everything I said at all times. I dunno I guess I expected respect for coming up with a good deal that I completely held up on my end. I guess semantics are important to me and not to others. I figured internet players would be even more down with it than people that have to smell other people's stinky feet all night, try not to die of food poisoning, and chase chickens together. This was entirely my mistake.

It's true. Once I figured out the pinky swear trick I tried to get you to actually agree to a real strong alliance and it paid off. I enjoyed working with you and we were loyal to each other I can only speak on it from an outside perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

To reiterate, they weren't allies.

The part you don't seem to be realizing is that Chic and I thought you were an ally. You can talk all you want about how you never promised that, but you certainly let us make that assumption. Also, you can claim all you want about the power of your game, but you and possibly AnonIdiot were the only people who didn't realize that MMM wins if he makes it to the jury. Survivor is a social game. Survivor is more than just voting people out. It's voting them out in such a way that they will still vote for you. There's a reason Russell Hantz didn't win either season he made it to the finals.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
I am laughing at the part of the vista where everyone can't believe MMM thought 'exclusive pick' was proper grammar. He knew it wasn't but I goaded him into trying to get away with his typing error.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

How does one elevate themselves from being a goat in this game? I've been wondering if I could've done more in the game; going through the trip I did it seemed like peoples' minds were made up through the entire game.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

How does one elevate themselves from being a goat in this game? I've been wondering if I could've done more in the game; going through the trip I did it seemed like peoples' minds were made up through the entire game.

Get rid of the bigger threats in a way that makes it look like you were the driving force. Talk about the moves you are making at every tribal council that you can. If you had got rid of MMM it's possible a strong FTC performance would have elevated you. Especially if Imgay tried to get his supporters to vote your way, since he seemed to prefer you winning to him winning.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boo_Ii2Iam4 :nws:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also I regained the M/P streak, did you guys miss that? I lost it so it was my destiny to return it.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! (congrats MMM!)

The Carpet Shark posted:

Hey, DoggPickle, I don't know how much this will matter coming from a stranger, but I feel you on this. You've just got out of two months of a game that you threw yourself wholeheartedly into. It makes sense to be feeling really upset and angry right now. I hope you feel better about this soon for your own sake because it's surprisingly difficult to end up losing one of these games especially after coming really close to winning!

As for not getting any votes, that's tough! I can say from a similar experience that it stings, like a lot more than you'd think it should! Who knows, maybe months from now you'll still be angry and hurt about this, but in my experience I came away feeling, yeah, a bit hurt, and months later I just genuinely felt my allies in the game had added something positive to my life and that the whole thing was a really good experience.

You can run over the dynamics of what caused everyone to vote the way they did over and over but in my opinion it probably won't make you feel any better. The game is done now and the more you dwell on the way you think it should have gone, the more upset and bitter you may feel. Of course, it's hard not to dwell so I'm not saying it won't happen. Just remember that regardless of the fact that you didn't win, you got drat close and that matters too. The whole game may feel more meaningful on a wider scale with some distance. I mean, at the very least you've created your own SA Reality Game War Stories which you can share in the future! And you were delightful to watch (loved that bushwacking through your yard video, btw).

Anyway, I hope you're doing all right and that the post-game blues fade soon. Feel better!

This is a really good post and basically nails everything I wanted to say to Doggpickle. Don't let getting caught up in whether you won or lost take away from the fun of it all / people you got to meet in the process :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Power of Pecota posted:

I had to hold myself back from doing a spit take when MMM didn't get dropped at the F4.

:ironicat:

Love ya PoP!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

:ironicat:

Love ya PoP!

Oh man I forgot about that :laugh:

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Doggpickle, promising to never vote for people wasn't a contract or something where specific wording would make a difference. The intent was basically to operate as an alliance without you personally thinking you were in one. Clearly Garth and Chic felt otherwise and that's where things fell apart. Maybe you didn't lie, but your actions were deceitful. Also, why can't people vote with emotions?

As far as how the game went, you say you played the better game because you spearheaded the campaign to vote out MMM's majority alliance, but I know you watched Worlds Apart where Rodney and friends did just that to Mike's alliance. Mike still won that game!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Winning challenges and voting out the guy who was sure to win (because he won mad challenges and put in a ton of effort that wasseen publically)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
The end of this reminds me of the end of the one survivor season I watched, Pearl Islands, where Lillian brings Sandra to the finals because she'd rather lose to her instead of taking her chances against noted rear end in a top hat Jonny Fairplay.

Voting out MMM was probably the optimal play. The voting in the FTC would have been much different.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Guys it's not that hard to explain, the jury members were just following through on their promise to never vote dogg.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I'm going to start up a post season mafia game for players and viewers. It will be semi open, with a design suitable for new players.

Not sure about flavour, something I'm notably bad at.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Guys it's not that hard to explain, the jury members were just following through on their promise to never vote dogg.
:vince:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also I'm going to start up a post season mafia game for players and viewers.
Ohh, for everyone except hosts!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Dogg pickle I don't really like you. My first impression of you was to get rid of you. I allied with you because I saw you going far in the game and I said whatever I needed to say to earn your trust. Does that make me a bad person? I don't really care. Once I started losing interest in the game, I realized how batshit crazy you are. Please consider getting actual help. I know you supposedly could have skipped high school or whatever and think you are a genius, but you had a goddamn seizure and a stroke from alcohol withdrawal. See a loving doctor and a therapist instead of staying inside your house all day. Please.

Saying you "had no choice" in voting me out is bullshit and you know it. You COULD HAVE voted for someone else, even if my self vote sent me home. It is interesting the way you justify your actions to yourself, especially after seeing your responses to the questions at FTC. I knew there was a very good chance of MMM getting the majority of the votes, if not all of them.

Bottom line is, I voted the way I did because I really wanted to post that The OC mmm whatchya say video and I thought it would be hilarious to see your reaction to losing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rurea posted:

Dogg pickle I don't really like you. My first impression of you was to get rid of you. I allied with you because I saw you going far in the game and I said whatever I needed to say to earn your trust. Does that make me a bad person? I don't really care. Once I started losing interest in the game, I realized how batshit crazy you are. Please consider getting actual help. I know you supposedly could have skipped high school or whatever and think you are a genius, but you had a goddamn seizure and a stroke from alcohol withdrawal. See a loving doctor and a therapist instead of staying inside your house all day. Please.

Saying you "had no choice" in voting me out is bullshit and you know it. You COULD HAVE voted for someone else, even if my self vote sent me home. It is interesting the way you justify your actions to yourself, especially after seeing your responses to the questions at FTC. I knew there was a very good chance of MMM getting the majority of the votes, if not all of them.

Bottom line is, I voted the way I did because I really wanted to post that The OC mmm whatchya say video and I thought it would be hilarious to see your reaction to losing.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also as someone who literally just followed the thread and not the viewers vista or anything else, it was super obvious that MMM deserved the win, and it wasn't even close. I guess you two know what it feels like to be goats that think they arent goats (not even trying to be mean, I just don't see how you didn't realize MMM was winning and Imgay was super goaty)

Final 4 should have been the easiest 3-1 vote ever

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rurea becoming the villain his confessionals promised him to be. Only took until after the season was over.

also:

imgay posted:

I don't want to be with MMM by the end cause he so strong and win everything.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I fear MMM being in the final three because the fears that garth, Dogg, and imgay had put in me have finally bloomed and I am left to watch the storm across the horizon with whips and reins, daring the storm to finally come.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rurea your tswift gifs don't make your "I'm just being honest" for the sake of hurting others shtick any more palatable.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Murmur Twin posted:

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! (congrats MMM!)
Point (m) from your letter from home!

(m) If you win, you/me/Meinberg can form a winners circle called "Team MMM" where the third "M" stands for "MMM". It would be a double-triple-M.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

:catstare:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

:boom:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also I'm going to start up a post season mafia game for players and viewers. It will be semi open, with a design suitable for new players.

Not sure about flavour, something I'm notably bad at.

pre-sign. Just put me on the list and send me the role PM whenever you're ready. I don't want to chance missing it.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Rurea posted:

Woah. Okay whoops lol. This is a complete and utter shock to me, entirely. You were a completely fun and nice person who actually wanted to talk about game play details and I absolutely agonized about kicking you out for the entire rest of the time. Which I'm sure the viewers can confirm, even if they were laughing that you said something different. Don't tell me that I have to make up some weird justification for it. I was 100% sure you would be kicked out, and there is no reason in survivor to put your vote on a random other person in that situation.

I am not a loving crazy person. I don't think I behaved like one in this game at all. Maybe I was goatier than I thought I was, but I'm pretty sure I was pretty humble and scared through the whole process. I completely misread the jury, that's for sure.. Lol. But I chalk that up to a learning experience. I got pissed yeah, but I but put months work into that and got zero votes. That was rough.

I had a really bad time a couple of years ago, and yes my stroke was from alcohol withdrawal, which I thought was irrelevant for the purposes of this game. I never used it as an excuse. I think it's in exceptionally poor taste for you to jump in here and talk about my past like that. For the record, I chose to stop drinking for my own good, because I was drinking too much, and my reaction was incredibly severe compared to my alcohol consumption. The doctors thought I probably had some kind of bug at the same time which is why I became so severely dehydrated and my entire body just shut down. Basically I looked like the other Russell at the end of that ball rolling challenge, except I blacked out for over half an hour.

I don't sit in my house and whine about poo poo. I have friends and I do things. So thanks a lot for looking up a post I made a long time ago, when I was literally crazy, because my brain was not working right for awhile there. That's why I stayed off this site for so long. So I could have a clean slate B.ut I've worked really hard to rehab both my mind and my body. I might still get stressed out a lot or overly emotional sometimes, but I'm really starting to feel like the old me again. I had to loving learn to walk again basically, and it took me over a year to get my handwriting back, so I think being a little stressy at times and having a hand tremor is pretty good progress, and hardly makes me a crazy person who "needs help".

So I guess basically gently caress you mr. Internet dectective. Of course other people could have looked it up, and maybe they did (I dunno because they kept it to themselves) but it was my private business and had no relevance on this game, so for you to just jump in like this after the game was over, and act like a completely and totally different person than the one I met like a month ago, makes you look like the crazy rear end in a top hat. I mean, what the gently caress was the point of that? Other than just to be a total dick? I've put all that stuff behind me and moved on with my life, so thanks a lot. You're a real funny guy.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

I think it's in exceptionally poor taste for you to jump in here and talk about my past like that.

I agree

quote:

the doctors thought I should eat a bug

I agree

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey DoggPickle, I know you feel like everyone is against you right now, but I'll go ahead and defend you by saying that was really lovely of Rurea.

Let's just let all this go for now so things can settle. We can't perfectly judge the season a day after coming out of it.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Rurea your tswift gifs don't make your "I'm just being honest" for the sake of hurting others shtick any more palatable.

And thanks particularly Mmm. I figured you probably knew as well, and probably some others, but I figured you kept it to yourself to be polite, and because it had no relevance to this game, and I appreciate it. I'm not stupid. I know everyone can search my posts and it was half the reason I was scared to play in the first place :lol:

I know, it's just the Internet. He's just being a villain. But goddamn you just really hurt my feelings a lot Rurea, and I don't understand what the point of it was.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Presign for Trip's game.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, that was a pretty lovely thing to do. I may not be Dogg's biggest fan either but that was a step beyond the pale imo

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Met posted:

Hey DoggPickle, I know you feel like everyone is against you right now, but I'll go ahead and defend you by saying that was really lovely of Rurea.

Let's just let all this go for now so things can settle. We can't perfectly judge the season a day after coming out of it.

Thanks met. You're right and I'll just leave it alone. I'm not going to go proving him right by going all crazy over it. I just wish it wasn't the first thing I read on the Internet today. I'll admit it really mad me sad though. You guys have a good one.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
This is probably a really bad idea (and sentences starting that way never usually end well)

But I JUST found out that rurea also posted that same stuff about my personal life in his confessional at the very beginning of this game, to all the viewers. To be honest, if I had known that, I would have quit the game immediately. I don't feel like that one mistake should define me, and I've really tried to make a clean start here and now I'm terribly upset that I didn't know, because I would not have made any jokes about drinking or have gotten drunk at any time during the game. (Which was twice, in two months).i drank more during this game than I have in a long time, just because I was home more and on the computer. I just wish I had known, because I joined this game to have fun and make friends, though I knew it could possibly get a little mean, but not to dredge up the past.

And it's making me positively sick right now that he planted that little seed right at the beginning and then sat back and laughed as it colored people's perceptions of any dumb thing I did or anytime I got stressed out or anxious or acted weird, for two whole months, and then still felt the need to whip it out there again after the game was over. And he probably doesn't give a poo poo and still just thinks it's funny.

I actually came in here this morning to apologize for my behavior last night. It was just devastating when it was zero votes. Even Mmm was expecting me to get one, which is obviously now a hilarious joke. I was pretty rude, especially to Chic Trombone, and I'm really sorry. I just got angry when you were picking on this particular trust thing when I didn't trust you at all. Not to make it worse, just to clarify why I was so mad. It just took like a day for it to sink in, and then you realize why all the assumptions that you made were wrong and all the stuff you should have done differently, and how everybody else has feelings too and blah blah blah, but it's really a bit of a mystery while you're in there, and when things come out alien to you at first, you're like what the heck?! Fast luck showed me his final tribal, and drat I got off easy in the end.

I'm glad that I made some friends, but overall, if I had known that he posted that, I wish someone would have told me because I would not have played from the beginning and someone else could have had my spot. I was actually feeling like kind of proud that I put myself out there, and even if I looked like an idiot, than that's ok, because I've gotten so much better with my fear of awkwardness and that's a good thing, but now I feel like the entire thing was just ruined. And now I'm super uncomfortable, and I wish I'd never done it at all.

I'm sorry to get all emo here. You can just ignore me, but the hardest thing that I live with every day is that I really was an insanely smart person. It actually doesn't matter who believes what, or exactly how smart I really was - because of one stupid mistake, I will never be as quick or as smart as I used to be for the rest of my life. So I have never called myself a genius, or pretended I was super smart, because I'm not anymore, and that was part of why I was scared to play all these quick, young people, so I hope you feel really happy for reminding me. You win, you got me to cry. The thing here at the end, I could handle, but the knowledge afterward that it's been there all along, as people watched me do stupid things, best troll ever.

But guess what? You might have made me cry, but this insane drunken idiot - voted your skanky rear end out out of this game.
Mine's better.

Now I'm gonna go get drunk. :cheers:

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Time to make as much sense of myself as I possibly can. If anyone had any other questions that I have not covered, feel free to PM me.

What were you smoking on first Tribal Council?

The ‘gimmick’ answer was born from making a pact with ANarc on Tribal Council to write absurd drama. I was disappointed that ANarc did not follow suit but kept with it as I had enjoyed the the wtf reaction gif afterwards.

Every subject in my answers was an exaggeration of how blissful it had been to have avoided Tribal Council until now. It also felt like the first time the politicking and metagame in survivor had dawned on me, and it scared me. I had believed that I was the weakest of the group despite Recursive’s non-presence. I started to doubt my own skills and relations to my tribemates and that I would be considered deadwood to the tribe.

If anyone knew what context that was in the gif, I’d appreciate that. :)

tl;dr I had fun. I wanted to do this with ANarc, I got drunk on whiskey, and then the reactions to my answers. I was afraid of my position. Much of my posting was done for amusement.

So what the hell are the Three Kingdoms?

The Three Kingdoms were what was left of China after the fall of the Han Dynasty in 220 AD. The land that made up the fallen Han were divided up amongst the three most powerful warlords of that time. There was Cao Cao who founded Wei with the last Han Emperor in his pocket; Liu Bei who was a scion of the Imperial family and rallied Han loyalists to establish Shu; and Sun Quan who inherited lands, wealth, and a powerful army that would later be used to build the Kingdom of Wu. Wei was the strongest kingdom, Wu was second strongest, and Shu was the weakest. And yet when one kingdom tries to attack another, the remaining kingdom would march against the attackers.

I described the merged tribe consisting of three factions; the two swole brotherhoods and the remaining Sexy tribe members, each with having one advantage of sorts..

Who was who?

After the merge, I saw garth, Chic, Dogg Pickle, and Rurea as Wei going into the merge; much like its historical counterpart that faction was the largest of the two. If the alliance had stayed strong, the other factions had to work together in order to have a chance of survival. All it woud take is the convincing of at least one person, and you had an idol for your tasks. After Rurea’s elimination however the advantage of numbers was gone.

I saw the faction of imgay, MMM, and myself as Shu on account of our tribal ties with garth’s faction. While we have the same number as the Sexy, the fact that imgay had been speaking with them for ousting Circl, left us weaker and harder to put up a voting defense. We would have needed to solidify an alliance with the Sexy remnant to stand a chance, while the challenge was to make sure nobody would vote with garth’s faction. It was imgay’s agreement with the Sexy that had feared me after the first merged tribal council

And I saw the Sexy players, ANarc, Jato, and Strong Mouse as Wu because of them having imgay in their pocket at the time. They were stronger for having imgay, but would still require myself and MMM in order to take on garth’s faction. Afterwards they would’ve been in a position of strength that left the group in a position to choose who to vote off next, or who to help between Tribal Councils.

tl;dr:One half of swole was the strongest while the other half was weakest. Sexy could manipulate us both. I believed I was in the weakest faction, and wanted help from Dogg or garth.

Witch Hunt?

It was my term for taking the idols out of play, by finding out who had the idol and conspire to blindside him. It had started when garth had made mention about the idol being found and implying that someone got to it first. I wouldn’t be making a concerted effort until idol clues were handed out as a reward. I then wrote down a theory. I had built a table describing tribal lines since winning idol clues in the jumping puzzle challenge. Then I checked down who Jeff said received clues in that challenge. I had ticked garth, Chic, PMush, and Met; I had believed that Fast Luck shared the clue privately among them, and nobody spoke on the clues. Then I added tics to the people who had taken idol clues in the reward Challenge - Rurea, Strong Mouse, and garth. I picked garth out for having the most clues, with his Swole group having the greatest chances with Strong mouse in the Sexy tribe in a distant second. I did not consider who shared their clues with whom; I was looking at the original recipients of each clue..

I had wanted to convince MMM - never mind that he had the idol - that we should align against the Swole because they were most likely to have the idol, describing the theory and conclusion I came to. I told this to imgay, ANarc, and Dogg Pickle in order to warn them in finding an idol haver in garth’s group. I had tried to hint to garth that I knew who had the idol and that we should go after him. He said nothing, but Dogg Pickle had tried to convince me that MMM rightly had the idol, but I didn’t believe her.

Then the failed blindside happened, and with two idols used up on Tribal Council, I had believed that the fake drama was real and thought that I had let down the garth and Chic’s alliance and that voting me off was an appropriate punishment

tl;dr I got too clever by half and wasn’t aggressive enough.

What should I see from Qin and Nobunaga?
The two terms were from different eras of history; Qin came from the Warring States while Oda Nobunaga was from the Sengoku era in the 1500’s. I was mulling over garth and Chic’s dominant alliance with Dogg Pickle and imgay - whether it was real or not, whether it would hold like Qin or not like Nobunaga..

In terms of historical context, Qin was a kingdom in the Warring States period, and found itself in the natural position to unite and dominate the other six kingdoms. It had natural defenses, the most advanced weapons and armor, and was led by one with ambition. The Qin impact was immediate and set the standard for a united China. Afterwards Qin would die with its ruler while the rest of China went into civil war.

Nobunaga meanwhile was from the Sengoku Jidai. He was known for being ambitious and pushing back all challengers, but with an alliance that would break at any time. He would be betrayed by a close lieutenant, die in a blaze of glory, while his ambitions were passed to two other lieutenants: Hideyoshi, and Tokugawa.

tl;dr: I was uncertain if garth’s alliance would hold or break, as I had believed Dogg Pickle to be a possible weak link. I believe if garth’s alliance broke that whomever broke it would consume itself with the winner already being decided.

Why did you think Tokugawa was important?

Tokugawa Ieyasu was the one who would become Shogun and unite all of Japan under his rule. He served under Oda Nobunaga while he was alive, and later served Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Tokugawa’s supremacy was in part to his aptitude to survive and adapt to changing fortunes and brutal opposition.

I had seen MMM being in that position because of being put in a position where he needed to win immunity challenges or get the boot.

Okay, so what about Hideyoshi?

Before Tokugawa took the Shogunate, Hideyoshi would pick up right where Nobunaga left off and bring all of Japan under his heel. He was known for being resourceful, a gifted administrator, and coming from an unlikely beginning; while Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu were part of samurai clans, Hideyoshi was originally a peasant who entered service in the Oda as a sandal bearer. He would prove in his service to be deserving of more important tasks and soon found himself as a general under Nobunaga. Later on he would create the infrastructure to hold Japan united that Tokugawa would later adapt for his Shogunate.

Hideyoshi was my term for the kingmaker in this game of Survivor; he would be the one who would decide who would go on to the Final Tribal Council. I had figured that it was either myself or Dogg Pickle that would be the kingmaker, but then came Tribal Council and the choice was left up to me without my knowing. I believed that there was going to be a kingmaker in this game, and wanted to be in that position.

What was that post about you being in the trenches of Lorraine or being underwater?

A flood warning went out in my area and it was raining cats and dogs outside. Along with me being unable to convince folk to not vote for Chic, it had been a glum day. The fields of Lorraine was a reference to a battle in the first World War; I was looking for a famous battle that involved trench warfare to describe my feeling isolated and scared to peek my head into the game, but I couldn’t find a famous battle, so I went with somewhere in France and Germany.

I get that the three Great Clans were about you, MMM, and imgay in Tribal, but… what did that mean to you?

I had the delusion of considering myself on equal footing with MMM and imgay. For the record, the three great clans were powerful samurai clans that had divided portions of the Kanto - a rich fertile region of Japan - amongst oneselves; the Hojo, the Takeda, and Uesugi. All three of them had the power to become Shogun themselves but could not commit without the other two capitalizing on their absence and invade their lands. They also wanted dominion over the Kanto but were evenly matched. It would take an outside force to tip the balance of power between these three clans, like say Oda Nobunaga.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MMM was more of a Lu Bu figure imo

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

MMM was more of a Lu Bu figure imo

This seems like a pretty big insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This seems like a pretty big insult.

I kinda agree with that assessment. Despite his cunning and prowess in battle, the historical Lu Bu turned against people left and right until he was captured and executed for being too much of a backstabber. The analogy just doesn't work here, or I just don't see it.

• Locked thread