Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

BexGu posted:

It constantly blows my mind how every move Carbine makes is like the complete opposite of Anet and Guild Wars 2.

The opposite of "completely terrible" isn't "bad". :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So apparently WildStar went Free To Play or something? Didn't they very vehemently say that WildStar was TOO GOOD and would DIE before that happened or did the people who said it get kicked out by now? :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Unguided posted:

Wouldn't a higher percentage of the population have cleared it if they're all hardcore raiders?

You'd think but they apparently had tons of hilariously low RNG because that's how it was done back then.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
You know Wildstar reminds me of something in the WoW beta. Originally Chris Metzen (the story guy) wanted Night Elves to have a gender split for classes: Only Male Night Elves could be druids, and only Female Night Elves could be priests, hunters or warriors. Because that's how it was in the story.

But then they decided nah, that's a dumb idea. I'm surprised WildStar didn't take that idea with both hands and run with it. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

dominoeffect posted:

i wonder how he feels about dwarf shamans and warlocks, and tauren priests and paladins.

He's probably the one who came up with them and if not he probably doesn't care because he's paid a million billion dollars to voice his self insert orc.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CoffeeBooze posted:

Really? This was one of the things I thought the game did fairly well. Your character felt pretty responsive when you moved about doing double jumps, sprinting, etc. Telegraphs worked well in smaller fights, although in bigger fights they became an utter loving mess.

What is a better example of MMO action combat?

I'm pretty sure people have very thoroughly detailed in this very thread how combat is a complete mess. Eg, interrupt armor.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

People were discussing Warplots and that's a good moment to remind people that warplots were announced to the public before the actual people that would be working on them.

:v:

What were they even supposed to be

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Look they just have one intern doing this and its not automated at all, he's literally copy-pasting character data

(would not surprise me at this point)

If by intern you mean third world child sweatshop labourer, I'd believe you.

I can't wait until they add stunning new innovations like flexible raid sizes. Surely with that sort of thing they'll overtake WoW! :allears:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

Carbine lacks the competence to properly balance fixed raid sizes, like hell could they balance flexible raid sizes.

There is a crucial flaw in your reasoning.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CoffeeBooze posted:

You should read the thread before posting. It is not moving that fast.

Those of us who don't obsess over WildStar's failure and just come to casually make fun of it don't know every alias of every deluded true believer.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CoffeeBooze posted:

If you casuals don't even have the skill and free time to read back two pages before posting maybe you should go post in a casual thread for babies like the WoW thread.

It talks about some person called girl with ruined teeth or w/e.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

According to her reddit posts, she's moved to Tera.

For a moment I thought you meant Cyster and thought "Oh, that's nice!".

The Moon Monster posted:

Uh this thread is actually very cool?

It's had its down spots but it certainly has had it's moments.

Speaking of WildStar being bad, I remember someone mentioning but not elaborating that there was a critical flaw with the flight path system. What was up with that?

Which was a big problem because everyone apparently walks really slowly and needs to use their limited sprint meter to get anywhere. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't understand why so many games place pleasant/fast out-of-combat travel at such a loving premium. Oh here's a horse that you can buy that runs 15% faster than walking nice.

TERA has like doubled/tripled movement speed outside of combat as a feature for all classes straight out of the gate and it's such a nice thing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Why do one half of them look like actual adorable fat cat people and the other look like little girls with cat ears??? why....

It's a Korean MMO and both Popori and Elin are designed to appeal to women. You see that sort of thing in a lot of korean mmos.

I mean they're probably going to be mostly played by creepy middle aged pedophiles but that's the idea behind it anyways.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

TERA is good. Squirrel girls are good.

Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFesCqZHVSE

Every once and awhile Tera reminds me of why it is a Good Game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Keep in mind there was a big fight over giving the female character models options for less ridiculous proportions.

And they won. The older models were even thinner and had larger chests :psyduck:

Do you have a picture because I refuse to believe that.

:psyduck:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

WarLocke posted:

I don't know the first thing how to find the right post on reddit, but whoever does, here's the gif:

:allears:

Duck Hunt with a minigun and lots of ducks would be hard actually I think

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
All the comments were removed, what was it?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Mildstar

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Velthice posted:

this is gonna become goons pissing in a well, only replace the well with playing wildstar

What's the character in your avatar from? It reminds me of some adventure game for the DS but I cant remember the name of it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mormon Star Wars posted:

This is what people are complaining about them changing:

I don't understand why they felt the need to change the names of stats to be such a mess, EQ and vanilla WoW and all those old games they revered just used strength intellegence dexterity or whatever, right?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm guessing Assault is straight up attack power and strikethrough is.. armor penetration?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

it's expertise

Funny thing is I have no idea which one you mean, because the names are all special snowflakes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Did hybrid tax exist in wildstar anyways?

Who am I kidding, of course it did.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The Chairman posted:

Even though every class had a damage and a support spec, no class really could operate as a hybrid, since your attack and support power were separate stats and you were limited to 8 abilities on the bar.

I meant in the WoW sense of "Paladins can be Healers, Tanks or DPS and thus are bad at all three", joking that all Wildstar's classes were bad at everything because hardcore.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I could have sworn people said warriors were the only good tank class in EQ before.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I thought you were arguing against ESO

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Guns for show, knives for pro. because wildstar is amateurish

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
You're confusing "let" for "too incompetent to stop".

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

sword_man.gif posted:

is that gross or profit

because one is way, way worse

Oh it's gross alright. :haw:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mizuti posted:

For those that are curious but don't want to look it up, here is Tseric's meltdown about the hazards of MMO communities.

The job seems to test the limits of human patience. All MMOs seem to attract a very angry, implacable audience, but Wildstar's sounds extra unpleasant.

http://tsericdown.ytmnd.com/

:911:

e: Boy, remember YTMND? :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

POE is not good no matter what the forum post says.

What's wrong with PoE? I keep hear it and Torchlight 2 are the BEST THING EVER or WORST THING EVER.

Diablo 3 I've played, and Marvel Heroes whole f2p system turns me off, but no idea about those other two.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'd never actually play this and I don't understand people who would, but I am somewhat interested in how adapt to their brave new world.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Weird that WoW never really cribbed public quests, aka "the only enduring legacy of Warhammer Online."

I have no idea how public quests actually work(ed) in that but I think WoW has had something similar since Mists of Pandaria.

Rexicon1 posted:

Final Fantasy Four-teen is the best MMO out right now and if you think it is a bad game you are an outrageous cretin and I pray your life span diminishes from some terrible event.

FF14 is pretty much completely awful and boring like 99% of other MMOs and unlike WoW does not have the benefit of having a bunch of my friends that play it. As far as I know, it is also not something I can play for free.

Flesh Forge posted:

Still not getting why this is OK either, other than just because it's traditionally mandatory.

If I understand you correctly, gating it behind levels means that you can just level to it and do it and not need to do every previous dungeon in the game.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 28, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Velthice posted:

lmao

i bet the 1% is also awful and boring

The 1% is more like games that wear the skin of an mmo but really arent.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

I wish MMOs were illegal

But just think of how many serial killers and sex offenders can't be bothered to go out because they're busy leveling their 10th Paladin.

Vanderdeath posted:

I kid, but SRW's been sliding since Alpha 3

Super... Ripple Waves?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Argas posted:

Super Robot Wars

For some reason I assumed it was an MMO. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

GUYS!!!! They are over 1,000 years old so it's ok!! Right?!!? :pedo:

Not that it makes it much better, but Elin are apparently the race of choice for women who play TERA.

Anoia posted:

People flipped out the most about the new Draenei female faces and Blizzard's solution was to go back and trace back over the old ones and call it a day.

The reaction to the april fool's day joke were they were cross eyed and buck toothed was amazing, though.

Truga posted:

Originally, elin are female popori, but someone decided to change them into another race, rather than have fat raccoons loving pre-teens for some reason. :confused:

And no, the designs were as they are now. Just the lore changed :v:

I thought Elin were popped into existence by god or something

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 10, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Morglon posted:

Yes. Both of them.

I haven't done extensive research or anything but I was somewhat curious why so many asian mmos had a pedo race option, because I guess I'm not as much of a cynic as I should be. :v:

Anyways, the yarn goes that pedo money pales in comparison to the girlfriend market, which rakes in more cash shop dressup bucks. That's why they tend to get associated with the easiest to play class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
weird how in the same expansion they made everything 1000% more tedious to get to, people stopped doing stuff and unsubscribed.

• Locked thread