Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Omnicrom posted:

I want to remind people that the person who posted that image macro? And the person in this screencap? That person is the lead raid designer. This is a person who I stress again was completely open about the fact he had deliberately made bosses impossible.

No, that was well previous to the world's first and it wasn't really an exploit either. There was an accessory in Wildstar with an active effect that sliced off a decent chunk of your targets armor, and a guild managed to clear an impossible DPS check by loading up on said accessory and using it repeatedly to meet the damage requirements. I want to keep reiterating that I mean absolutely no hyperbole when I say impossible, Timetraveller, AKA the jackhole who posted that macro on Reddit was open with this guild and told them that the boss they killed wasn't supposed to be mortal for at least another month. Unsurprisingly that particular accessory was smacked by a nerfbat quite fast, it was actually patched much more quickly than many other balance issues or design flaws.

Timetraveller didn't just drink the kool-aid that they were serving to the "hardcore" whiners, he replaced his blood with it. What a dense motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

cthulhoo posted:

Wait, 75 minutes to clear 5 man content is considered a speed run? Holy poo poo.

Last time I spent this kinda time on dungeons was back in cata heroic pugging days (hi grim batol :fuckoff:) and boy did it suck.

:byodood: GOOD OLD DAYS OF HARDCORE MMOS FOR HARDOCRE GAMERS

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
some day idiot nerds will finally learn that people that were forced out of blizzard were forced out for a good reason

but until that day, there will be hallgates and wildstars

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BigPaddy posted:

At this point I never pre order, crowd fund or advance access any game. Because everything that is released is a steaming poo poo until at least a few patches and paying for the privilege to beta test the steaming poo poo is dumb.

Some early access games are okay.

Never preordering or buying early access is still the correct decision.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Double Monocle posted:

Oh god

I was one of the first goons to hit max level in space jam. Please hold me as I cry.

Also vanilla wow talk- MC 40 was a deliberate middle finger to people who like vanilla while completely missing the point of why people like vanilla wow.

Blizzard upped MC 40 to max level in WoD without admitting anything had changed in 10 years.

You remember how you had 2-3 people on decurse duty due to really bad raid wide debuffs? Too bad, gently caress you, current wow has a 10 second cooldown on every healers dispells. Only healers get decurse. Hope you dont mind waiting out those 10 minute duration hilariously bad curses.

Oops we removed the visual effect from living bomb tee hee I hope you have the updated today DBM

Remember how you would bring multiple off tanks or have hunters kite big adds/boss adds? Raid finder only lets you have 2 tanks. There are 0 aggro abilities outside tank specs.

All those AoE packs you basically had to AoE down at the same time to kill? Like core hound packs? oooops we nerfed aoe dps a to poo poo dang is this pull taking 10 minutes?

Making it raid finder only was the worst offender. If you took a time machine to vanilla days and told a raider he would have to do MC with 39 random people he would shoot himself.

They went out of their way to make it as annoying as possible then smugly patted themselves on the back for proving how badwrong vanilla wow was.

*breathes obesily*

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

BigPaddy posted:

To be fair for a long time in vanilla wow the PVP sets were better than raid gear for DPS but of course were locked behind pvp ranks and the need to poopsock to get them.

really? in that case it's safe to assume that the engie weapon issue was completely intentional

gotta worship the pure untainted vanilla wow

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Anatharon posted:

The opposite of "completely terrible" isn't "bad". :v:

oh you

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
xavier stop defending terrible monetisation (it will be terrbile no matter what you say the game's made by a russian studio ffs, we can't make non-poo poo mmos)

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
yes as we all know games that want people to pay to speed up their progress are never made to be super tedious and grindy without paying

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

The Moon Monster posted:

I think class design (not balance) was one of the game's few strong points, actually. The only really lame one was Engineer, which also happened to be the most powerful and most popular class.

Imagine GW2 style combat except your class/party composition actually mattered.

it matters in gw2 too

usually not in the "have these classes/roles or you lose" way, but there's a lot of difference between a ragtag group of randoms and an organised team with good party composition

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

God drat dungeons are so hosed in gw2.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
but i do have some hopes for the future, the instanced content is the newer story stuff was pretty decent, maybe one day anet will make a good dungeon :unsmith:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

sword_man.gif posted:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/125321-ptr-character-copy-service-now-live/

and it only takes 15 hours that you can't login to the character during to perform

what the gently caress

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

WarLocke posted:

Meanwhile Rift just updated to an actual good version of this type of system - every item you ever pick up gets saved in your 'wardrobe' and you can just pick a look at will from the equivalent of a drop-down choice. You don't even need to keep the item itself.

That's very good of them, now they just need to add some armor that's not ugly as sin :v:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Belzac posted:

The XIV thread has many in jokes and anger.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Verranicus posted:

Yeah, he used to stay in character in every post but since the thread came back he just seems dead inside.

was he ever alive in the first place

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Guys go easy on franbunny, she' clearly suffering from mental illness and needs help that she isn't getting :smith:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Kasp0021 posted:

Wildstar seems to be getting criticized pretty harshly recently, but for me it's kinda hard to see specifically what people are actually angry about, since opinions are all over the place.
Is the entire Wildstar thing just a heaping pile of hot excrement or is it something else?
Is "The Game" the major problem, because I kinda liked it (Except for the raids) and spent quite a lot of time happily blazing through the story arcs and dungeons with my pals.
I think I'm starting to sidetrack, anyhow. What would you guys say is the main killer behind this entire Wildstar affair?
Is the game design poo poo?
No content?
Is the developer making their users bend over backwards?
Other things?

yes

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
not reading threads is a time honored tradition but how can anyone with even a pasing interest in laughing at wildstar not know about franbunny

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Byolante posted:

Probably the gigantic titted children in g strings

why do they always add this poo poo

are pedophiles really enough of a market

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

SarutosZero posted:

I see you didnt ever check out the old archeage threads

i did, even participated in the ~imp zone raid~ a little bit

but, i mean, that was one pedophile and a gaggle of apologists

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Xavier434 posted:

Eh...yeah those people exist but I highly doubt that they consist of the majority of spenders. These people are a minority. They are considered weird in Japan too by a lot of Japanese just like people who do this same stuff to western celebs are usually considered weird in the states and EU. They don't drive these design decisions.

these people are a minority but they spend shitloads of money on their pathetic obsessions

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
They drank too much kool aid and actually believed that the player base of whiny hardcore shits is as large and important as said shits always claim it is.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Anoia posted:

also mounts had a sprint so you had to constantly press that key to get decent speed

i know that this is true but it's still hard to believe that you're not joking

why would anyone think that this was a good idea

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Bieeardo posted:

people still play crap like APB and Defiance

i like defiance :saddowns:

also the show is really good

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
this slapfight is dumb and pointless, like wildstar raids

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36Xadupn5c

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Flesh Forge posted:

And yes it has "that race" but apparently almost nobody plays them thank god

uh

i find that hard to believe

last time i checked TERA was chock full of people who have a deep appreciation for young children and like to debate about age of consent

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Gildiss posted:

Uncanniest valley

:yikes:

Cyster posted:

years of writing WoW quest names.

oh god

RottenK fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 21, 2015

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

WarLocke posted:

More importantly will I be ashamed to play Blade & Souls because all the lady armor is lingerie and/or they look like prepubescent girls with watermelon boobs?

it is up to you to decide whether or not you are ashamed of real dolls in lingerie armor.

And of course the game has little girls, why do you even ask

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Mormon Star Wars posted:

This dude runs a podcast about crowfall in his off time complaining about casuals and bads and whiny babies trying to infiltrate his manly man game. I love the wildstar F2P thread.

is the podcast funny

it sounds like it could be either funny or insanely boring

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Double Monocle posted:

Yeah 4 actions every 10 seconds sure must be a fun mmo to play. I typed this message using the ff14 gcd tool and it only took me 25 minutes, im clearly a superior and well thought out typist.

i'm not sure why, but you remind me of people who were angry about gw2's "welfare epics" when Anet announced that getting a full set of best gear is very easy and that there won't be any gear progression endgame

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Thunderbro posted:

haha yeah bro wanting to play a game more engaging than 24 actions per minute is total grognard life bro

yes

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Double Monocle posted:

Interesting mmo facts-

1- The GCD in ff14 is half a second longer than every form of stun or knockdown in gw2.*

2- You can simulate playing ff14 in other games by using VPNs to bog down your latency to 2500.

*I would have said "all CC" but a necro with +fear duration traits can rock a 3 second fear and I didnt wanna get called out.

did a gang of long gcds kill your dog

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
what if someone somehow combined a moba with an mmo

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Oh Snapple! posted:

This was pretty funny when I found out about it a few months back. Dude just seems to despise the fact that design decisions need to be made with casual players in mind, and his comment about a good portion of players rejecting Cataclysm's "gently caress you" difficulty is one of the most passive aggressive things I've ever seen :allears:

that sounds good please link

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

CoffeeBooze posted:

I feel kind of bad for mocking someone who is clearly suffering from some rather debilitating mental illness, but for some bizarre reason Franbunny has posted a picture of her teeth on Reddit. It is just too weird not to share with this thread. She even wears a Wildstar t-shirt in the pictures! How's that for free publicity?

For the curious: http://imgur.com/a/PKJZb

jesus christ

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Givin posted:

Pretty sure it's the same person. Credit to Jackard for finding it.

i'm not sure what exactly those words mean, but i think it translates to something close to "I beg for the sweet release of death"

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Anoia posted:

There are no good multiplayer survival games. None.

Now excuse me while I sit in this tree and wait for something to lumber into that pit trap.

Don't Starve, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
im not sure why not wanting to play a game filled with pedophiles is so offensive to some goons

• Locked thread