Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I never liked kf1 zerkers but parrying stuff is kickin' rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Your opinion on zerkers is wrong.
Any idea when this comes for the ps4?

meaning i really do like kf1 berzerkers? weirdo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

God bless :patriot:, where only nipples and penises are verboten by our puritanical government overlords.

Don't every jump in a 6-pack on the first day, I plan to give it 24 hours or so from launch to work out all the day-one oshit problems, then buy on Thursday or so and install it during the day while I'm at work on Friday so I'm all ready for the weekend :dance:

That's what the closed beta is for. They've done the day one patching and stress testing already.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Major day one problems pretty much always happen for online games. The idea that they actually might not for kf2 is kind of interesting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I played a few games with this one commando who never used headshots, even by accident. One time he was the sole survivor and for some insane reason he only used his pistol despite grabbing like 5 ammo pickups and going past several weapons until everyone heckling him drove him to suicide. Takeshi Kovacs made me look good, and I suck a whole lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No luck in getting into a game. Oh well, I'll try again later.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Man is just me or are the medic weapons garbage? Like I really don't remember running out of ammo so quickly in 1 and medic was my class.

You run out of ammo faster in general now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mechanical Fiend posted:

My friend sent me a video of how his computer is handling KF2.

:stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kAItflGHF4

he's reinstalling to see if that fixes it

It is using his integrated card instead of his gpu. Had the same problem, easy fix.

Also, no one is using flamethrowers because you don't get exp for doing so.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

I love whacking things so hard they get stuck in the environment.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

If anyone's curious: previously it was mentioned that the Nailgun counts towards shotgun damage for Support XP for some reason. I just tested it and it totally doesn't. Having some cross-perk weapons would be really nice, though, because out of the four perks I currently only have points in Support and Field Medic.

Also, it has innate penetration. I haven't seen any sign of support increasing that. It is a good weapon and all, but I don't think it gains any benefit from support passives. No clue if medic shotgun does either, though that would of course be easier to test.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alkydere posted:

My favorite is the screens in the frozen outpost detailing the outbreak, and that "SWAT monkeys" were deployed to one of the outbreaks (can't remember which one).

I realize that it's probably the (supposedly highly trained) former occupants of the outpost were probably making fun of local SWAT units, but I like the idea that before Horzine thought of the idea to just deputize and pay survivors (in company script) to clean up the mess they first tried sending trained howler monkeys out to fight the zeds.

It should be very obvious that horzine is always literal and has no sense of humor. If they said swat monkeys were deployed, then specially trained and armed monkeys were deployed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'll probably forego any marathon sessions until perks I like better are in the game. Berserker is fun, but I'm just not good enough at it to do hard mode with minimal support. Normal scrakes are piss easy if you can parry at all, but hard scrakes just take me down too fast when no one heals me or tries to kill them until I'm dead. Maybe really good zerkers can do it, but I sure can't.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No estimates have been given. Presumably it will be done when it is done, though unlike most EA games that would mean when it has reached internal development goals.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Section Z posted:

While I do not fault people wanting to wait for more content, or for after the wipes, it is quite nice to see an EA game come out as fairly "complete" in a functioning sense for once. Instead of something like 'we'll be fixing clot spawns getting stuck underneath the floorboards and keeping the wave going forever' like most of us expect from "Early Access".

I dunno how many maps they are aiming for at release, but it seems reasonable to assume they will come out of EA when all the classes have been released and had their balancing done. What's more, the overall balance will improve over time so each new class may well come more quickly than the last. Of course, some classes are gonna be harder to balance than others. Sharpshooter supremacy is the most obvious example, though I'd hope that one or more of the new classes can also function as elite killers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Jumpoff posted:

Ideally since they're splitting the pistols into a separate perk (which was part of why Sharpshooters in KF1 were the best perk), Sharpshooter will focus entirely on Husk/Scrake/Fleshpound killing. I'd imagine their weapons will hit incredibly hard (more so on headshots) but have really low ammo pools and longer reload times to make you really wanna place your shots well. Sorta turn them into more of a specialty role that requires a lot of practice instead of the "Grab Xbow for Scrakes/FP's, a Handcannon for everything else" class they were in KF1

This is coming from someone who only ever played Suicidal in KF1

The idea is simple enough but actually balancing it will take a few passes. Sharpshooters will need to be both powerful and limited, but with the larger number of classes they can't be completely mandatory. Ideally, multiple classes will be able to fill the role of elite killer because that gives players more options. However, making multiple classes just powerful enough while maintaining a rough parity between them makes the whole thing more difficult. poo poo takes time, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Athropos posted:

Also is there any new content yet?

Nope. Any content updates are supposed to come after the first big bugfix.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

There needs to be a votekick for afk assholes.

Just let them die. I dunno if they contribute to scaling while dead, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CheeseSpawn posted:

Sounds about right. They just need to tweak damage resistance for the zerker so they dont get too overwhelmed. Also a riot shield mechanic would be cool.

Zerkers need more than 5% damage resistance. poo poo, make it increase with level. I'm actually curious if a max level medic would make a better berserker than a max level berserker. You would lose out on 25% weapon damage and attack speed, but that extra health and armor would be way better than a lousy 5% damage resistance and you would get higher bloat resistance. Also, it isn't like medics get a damage bonus anyway, so why not use off-perk weapons after you are done leveling? The only downside I can see is losing the 25% siren resistance. It isn't like any of the current berserker perks are anything spectacular, either. Well, I guess formidable is kind of nice, but most of the other bonuses are either contingent on having low health or are just plain worthless. Low health and no heals means it is time to kite, not wade in.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It is also possible that swat and/or dragon is supposed to be the tanky fucker and berserker is supposed to be less durable by comparison. But right now, it is only natural to want the dude who needs to take hits to take them well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There doesn't seem to be a heavy weapon class at all. What would that even be, commando but better in every way aside from reload speed?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I kinda doubt law will be in, but there aren't that many options for the 4th demo weapon if you assume that the others are single shot, semi-auto and pipes. Laws were just too specialized, and they seem to be going for a smaller arsenal for now. Heck, for all any of us know it will be pipes that get the boot (the pipe bomb hat period was magical).

But then, even the 4 weapon thing is assuming that classes won't get more before release. It seems reasonable to me to give each class the same number of weapons to start with and then add more post-release, but it isn't like I have any special insight on the matter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What I'd kind of like to see is for demo grenades to be prox mines. That way you could stack them up to work like a pipe bomb or spread them out further. Pipe bombs are cool, but completely consumable weapons aren't. As for laws, I think it would definitely be better to ditch them in favor of something with multiple shots.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'd prefer if some enemies could do moon jumps and some had to use stairs. Like, maybe fleshpounds, crawlers and stalkers can jump but the rest need to use pathing other than straight lines. Every enemy being restricted by terrain would be too easy, but none of them is kind of bullshit. Perhaps the ability to jump down could remain universal, but the ability to jump up would be restricted. I dunno, it would be worth trying a few different things at least, because the present state makes vertical map design kind of pointless. For example, gas station was a pretty bad map for a number of reasons, but if it was ported into kf2 everything would just jump straight to the roof.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
let me have an explosive pelvic thrust instead of a weapon bash

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Crawlers are what firebugs specialize in. They even get bonus exp from killing them!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The crossroad would be great if you could reliably jump over the railing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Generally, the good perks either boost defense or offense all the time. The bad perks are conditional or utility buffs. If a perk isn't active 100% of the time, then it needs to be pretty drat strong to make up for that. The zed time perks are pretty much bad jokes, aside from the commando one. If the others each gave the ability to do something at normal speed during zed time like movement, healing or reloading they would be great. Defenses don't matter during zed time at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Everyone needs to have a default melee weapon, but there is no reason to incentivize using it for berserker since they automatically start with an upgrade. Berserkers generally need the same stuff as everyone else- survivability and single/multi-target offense.

So then, what do berserkers need perk-wise?
-Attack damage, attack speed and movement speed are already covered by their passives. If any of those are insufficient, then the amount per level needs to be adjusted instead of using a perk.
-They clearly don't need night vision or more starting ammo. Higher max ammo is certainly an option, as it would be for absolutely any class that uses ammo.
-Staggering is only useful for berserkers while using the nailgun, because if they are in melee range of something they can't quickly kill they should be parrying instead of trying to stagger it with damage. Conversely, the ability to stagger things with bullets is highly desirable for other classes, but I don't believe any of them get perks to that effect.
-The most obvious thing would be a bonus to parrying of some sort. Parrying is an optional system, and if you use an eviscerator you obviously don't parry. So, a choice between parrying and something that would benefit eviscerator use would be great.
-A choice between more siren and more bloat resistance would be a pretty good low-level perk, as well as incredibly easy to implement.
-Defense. Defense defense defense defense. Health, armor, damage resistance, I don't care. Berserker is too squishy.

Any other ideas?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

The knife should be bigger and better in general. It is never ever worth using.

It is only there so that you can in theory kill poo poo when you are completely out of ammo. The basic idea of kf is that as long as you survive, you can kill anything eventually. The knife is the backup to your backup, not a viable weapon. You are supposed to buy the viable weapons. Heck, circling the map looking for starter weapon spawns is a better idea than trying to kill stuff with the knife.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, there is the promised bugfix patch. Now the wait for content begins.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

I'm glad that they're prioritizing getting the current content functioning and not doing too much with new content or balance tweaks. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what develops over the coming months.

It absolutely reeks of professionalism, which is a nice change of pace from most early access games. They have their priorities figured out and are sticking to them, so I'm perfectly content to wait for balancing and such.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why go nuts with marathon sessions when the balance is kind of hosed and all progression will be wiped?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Circle strafe, focus fire, kite and leave til last, etc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sadly, it doesn't look like any class will get bizarre mad science lightning guns. Well, none of the current classes at least.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alteisen posted:

I think the perks could be re-worked to give the class a distinct feel if you go down one route entirely or a mix and match.

Like zerk could be either stuff that makes them stronger on one side or stuff that makes them tougher, support could have loads of passive group of buffs and maybe up his supplier thing or something that makes shotguns crazy damaging.

I believe that is called 'is a shotgun'.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Speaking of, I've been wondering what tier that'll be for Sharp. I'm thinking LAR/???(maybe M14)/Crossbow/M99. I'm also wondering if there'll be alternate weapons in the tiers, like the Thompson again for Commando, the HSG for Support, the Fire Axe for Berserker, and the MP5 for Medic.

I've also been wondering if they'll have most, if not all, Tier 1 weapons in the random item spawns once everything is released. So far it only seems the Medic pistol isn't part of the rotation, I dunno why.

It is only 4 weapons per class from now until release, though presumably they will add in more later. What I want to know is if they have plans to ever release more classes. Maps, characters and weapons are a given, but classes are not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You would assume that leveling normally would require someone to learn how to play, but that isn't always the case. Not every high level dumbass skipped the grind.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Two of the demo weapons will probably be the old single shot and semi-auto grenade launchers. As for the other two, who knows? Even if they only draw inspiration from real weapons there are a shitload of options.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So what, is the argument against the full hokuto shinken experience is that it would be too awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I dunno if there is even a system in place for perks to have active abilities. With the exception of night vision (which you could maybe interpret as a passive boost to flashlights) every benefit in the game right now is a passive ability.