Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

echronorian posted:

I guess I'm just wondering if it's going to be very well supported, I looked it up and PC is still the lead platform. I don't think tripwire has done a console game before. I played a lot of the original on PC and the regular updates and attention it got from tripwire was great, just trying to find out how dedicated they are to the console version.

Given the patches rules that consoles have its better for them to test and iron out game balance on the PC which allows for constant updates first. I'm guessing once they have all 10 perks and zeds balanced out they'll work on PS4 specific bugs and then release the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Epsilon Plus posted:

Most of the videos I've seen have featured players just firing relentlessly at mobs, but when I played KF I always tried to go for headshots whenever possible unless in Full Goddamn Panic Mode. Did they increase ammo counts or otherwise change the ammo system to be less of a burden on the players, or is this just because Sharpshooter/Gunslinger isn't an available perk yet?

Classes have less ammo then they did in KF1. Medic and Commando both have to pump a fair bit of bullets into things to kill them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I loved the beta but won't be able to play this until the weekend. Throw some dosh around for me. :(

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Accordion Man posted:

Man is just me or are the medic weapons garbage? Like I really don't remember running out of ammo so quickly in 1 and medic was my class.

Medic weapons are pretty good. The healing pistol is good at all ranges, the smg is a headshot machine, shotgun is great crowd control and fires as fast as you can click, and the assault rifle deals a lot of damage.

Most classes will seem weak at early levels. I'd say by level 4 you start feeling tougher and stronger against zeds.

The medic smg is great at hip firing. Actually most of the medic weapons do pretty well hip fired.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Linx posted:

For anyone wanting to mess about with this, you're looking for "MaxDeadBodies=*" in KFGame.ini

That should go in the OP. I tried setting mine to 50 last night and while it was playable my computer definitely was chugging while I waded through piles of bodies.

I finally found time to play the game after the closed beta. Still fun but I miss my +10 level medic. Starting off at zero again reminds me of how not tanky I am.

Had an interesting game last night where a couple of pubbies were talking about signing a petition to have Tripwire not do stat resets. And another game afterwards where a level 22 medic ran off on his own every time and never healed anyone. Had the sole job of keeping a commando and support alive while also taking out the scrakes and fleshpounds. The one saving grace was that I had a great :black101: moment where the commando had aggro'd a fleshpound and was running for the hallways in Biotech. I followed to keep him healed and he got stuck in a corner by the FP. Threw down a heal nade and as I turned around another FP was in my face as well as a Scrake. Queue me throwing another heal nade down and proceeding to empty all my medic shotgun ammo and half my smg ammo taking all three out. Commando lived through it all too.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Linx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj00bX6t3kA

Not sure if this has been posted, but someone discovered a setting in the .ini files that enables strong as hell aim assist. I'm talking bullets coming out of the barrel at a 45 degree angle aim assist.

I haven't tested it myself, but I think the setting is "bAimingHelp=false" in KFGame.ini

Is that the new Original Doom mode?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Shumagorath posted:

I've been selling crovels and katanas as Support since I don't have the weight limit (or money) for a third shotgun. Are they worth keeping around or am I losing out on XP?

Yeah but it looks so cool and isn't exactly easy.

Katanas currently don't give XP to any of the four perks. Its fun to use and swings fast but doesn't give you anything. Crovel I've found helps my Medic as a back up weapon since it covers more ground and hits harder then the scapel.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Badly Jester posted:

What's the consensus on the level 10 medic skill? Is armament actually a good idea? My initial impression was that 2 armor per heal don't make up the 10% loss of healing power.

I thought so at first but then as I leveled my medic and played more rounds with that skill on it became clear that it's very helpful. Especially if people are using perks that benefit from having armor. Before the SEAi had a level fourteen medic and that plus the extra health from the first skill makes you a badass that can hold your own and keep everyone up and running.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Scrakes really do feel like the new big bad. At least right now with no sharpshooter class. Their spin-o-death makes it hard to get a bead on their head and they seem to be able to tank more damage since they're not really weak to any current class weapon. Even as a medic I'm more worried about Scrakes then FPs.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Was playing last night on a server running custom maps and noticed something I hadn't seen before. On the Hans fight I watched as on several occasions he would be in mid drain on someone and then something would cause him to stop and then look for someone else to drain. It was the oddest thing.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I feel like a lot of people are understanding how to defeat Hans more and more. I wonder if they'll do anything to make him harder or just leave him as is. With a medic or two its pretty easy to keep your team alive as long as no one does something dumb like try and hug Hans. It is interesting that fighting him in a closed space with lots of walls works better then getting him out in the open. He seems to meander more when there's stuff in the way.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Having a medic hug him works really well, especially if there's another medic to heal them. Circlestrafing Hans like a Scrake can almost render him harmless. I say almost because he'll still throw grenades after a set period of time, so it's all about timing. Really his guns are the deadliest thing he has and he won't use them when his target is right in front/behind him.

Plus with a good, properly-leveled medic healing, letting Hans drain you can be a guaranteed free 100% armor.

I had a game last night where almost the entire team just sat in place during the Hans fight even when surrounded by gas. There was a level 3 Commando that just stood still as the gas was eating him alive. Had to dump pins into him furiously to keep him from outright dying. I'm amazed we managed to kill Hans given that half the people wanted to bathe themselves in delicious green gas.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

RickDaedalus posted:

There's no way to unjoin a map you're downloading. I picked a custom map and the game started downloading it. I realized the difficulty was too high for my low perk level dudes and tried to back out. All I can do is click "OK" and then the download progress windows closes and immediately opens again. I can't even exit through the menu. My only option is to kill the game via task manager.

Edit:

It seems more like an exploit than outright hacking. Also, you can still buy and use Double Barrel shotties regardless of perk. You just don't get any experience from it.

Actually as a Medic I've been using the double barrel shotgun a lot. It doesn't net you any points to Medic but I've been passively leveling my Support Perk by doing this and I've got a level 3 support now without ever playing Support.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Most likely, like the test your strength game in the KF1 carnival stage. But buying 4 or 5 AA12s by Wave 3 is definitely a hack; if all those weapons we see in that one screenshot are Tier 4 I count at least 17 which is 25,500 dosh. Dude had money/carry weight tweaks probably.

Tripwire wouldn't need to get rid of the Double Barrel knockback, just put or scale up some invisible walls at the boundaries, especially for notorious examples. I mean heck, my brother played the poo poo out of some custom server in KF1 run by a guy named Guardian I think and one of the strategies there was to use custom classes/weapons to boost yourself or teammates onto roofs and ledges outside the map just by their insane knockback.

Also, the custom map downloading problem I had the other day. Dunno why there's no "Press ESC to cancel" when downloading or switching maps after completing a game like in KF1 yet.

I have only seen one group of hackers and they were of course level 25. But they didn't help make the map any fun. The double barrel shotgun does get you on to the high ground but even then I found that husks will do a good job of making your area a not nice place. Hans will straight up gas your area too.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Questioner86 posted:

Update should be live! Have fun!

And don't fret, game balance is a big priority for future updates, that medic ability was just straight up bugged.

Awww. I'm going to miss being able to heal and armor up whole groups.

Spent the weekend playing community created maps and gotta say that the remake of the original Biotech lab is really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes up. Stuck at work for now but can't wait to get home to try out Manor.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Skoll posted:

Team based. You can even get it while spectating I think.

I can confirm that this is true. Joined a server last night where I spent fifteen minutes spectating wave 2 while three guys ran around manor trying to find the dosh. The left a bloat and a clot alive to wander around. They finally found it and I got an acheevo for it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
A survivor rescue type mission would be fun. You have to search the map each wave for randomly spawned survivors and get them back to the teams spawn point for the extraction vehicle. All the while zeds are coming in the map both for you and the lingering npcs (NPC would only have a max of 50hp). Each rescued survivor gives each player a free ammo box resupply and some dosh. Acheevo for rescuing all survivors without any of them dying to zeds. This would endorse exploring the whole map and staying mobile since you have to find the survivors before the zeds do and then have them follow you back. Boss fight can be him trying to take out the extraction vehicle and your team has to take him down before he does too much damage to it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Magres posted:

Wait there are people that do that? What the heck! Medic is super easy, I'm pretty sure I could compress being a solid medic into like five bullet points. Part of the reason I like to play medic in pubs is that it's super easy to carry with medic and help your team have fun at the same time.

You'd be surprised how many people play medic thinking its just a tanky commando that can heal with grenades. I've been in plenty games where medics both high and lower level then me would go the whole game without healing anyone. Which is fine by me since it means more medic xp for me to get.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gromit posted:

Do medic darts stack (either my own or from a few different medics at once) when I'm healing a guy who is really low on health?

They should. I've brought a person back from near death with three darts from the Medic assault rifle. It still takes time for the health to heal up but it does seem to just keep applying health.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
A lot of pubbies turn dumb when a medic joins in. They think that they don't have to worry about their health or safety anymore because medic friend will keep me healed. Not realizing that if they're taking more damage then the dart can heal they'll still die. Been trying out the other weapons as a medic to get a feel for them. Commando weapons don't really help me much since the Bullpup is like the Medic SMG but can't heal. AK and Scar are expensive and I might as well get the Medic Assault rifle then. I have however come to love the double barrel shotgun. I'll usually go as many waves as I can with the Medic shotgun and the Double Barrel as a back up. It works surprisingly well for crowd control. I'll drop the DB for the Medic Rifle against Hans because I need its ridiculous heal dart rate.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Alteisen posted:

I always viewed FP's as something meant to disrupt you and get you moving around the map, problem is the teleporting makes that either impossible or very difficult.

I still don't know what the hell trip was thinking with the teleporting nonsense.

Are they only suppose to teleport when you're running away from them? Yesterday I had Sirens doing the whole Ringu/Grudge shift towards me while I was trying to gun them down.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Shumagorath posted:

I'm suddenly rethinking my stance on PhysX.

I'm wondering how big a Bloat will get when I boil their insides with the microwave gun.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Skoll posted:

IMO every class has a different purpose. Commando is a trash clearer, period. Everything up to Sirens is his domain to keep off the team so they can kill the biggies. Supports always been a Burst DPS class to me, good for, like you said, clearing tight spaces in an instant, and also for AAfucking Scrakes and FPs. One of the reasons I like KF so much is that each perk has it's own stratagem for use and they generally excel at it. Sharpshooter is probably going to be King poo poo again though because I think Tripwire knows if they gently caress with it too hard, a lot of the playerbase will be mad.

Sharpshooter will probably have weapons that control their rate of fire. Such as bolt action rifles and crossbows. They hit hard but not often as oppose to Commandos that will hit often and not as hard. I'm very interested in what the Gunslinger will have as far as skills and weapons. Right now in KF2 the medic I feel is the most under appreciated in pubbie games. Most players just assume that if there's a medic around that they can wade into whatever enemies they find and they'll be kept alive. I've been playing almost exclusively medic and more often then not I'll spend the whole map healing everyone up and never getting healed by anyone else.

Edit: Looks like Tripwire is going to be at PAX Prime and there's a panel on Saturday around noon.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

cheezit posted:

Is there a good way to practice/gain some skill points offline? I'm wary of jumping in to a pubbie game since I'm afraid of the general populace. Without bots, it's kind of lame to roll solo....

Go ahead and jump right in. Playing solo or with bots doesn't really get you the feel of the game. Most pubs are terrible and as long as you stick together you'll be able to reach Hans. Start with either Support or Commando and run around with other players. That's the best way to know what routes are best for the maps. You can also off-perk as well. I'm a level 21 Medic and I've been using the double barreled shotgun and have a Level 8 Support without really ever using it as a main perk.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

closeted republican posted:

I'm interesting in how Sharp is going to handle when it comes to trash since they don't have pistols this time. Will they have a speical weapon that lets them deal with any trash that gets too close, or are they dependent on onther classes or their weapons for trash removal?

Flintlock rifle with a bayonet attached at the end. :v:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Can't wait to dive into the charred sea of zeds.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Played a bit last night. Tried out the Caulk'NBurn, Trench Gun, Grenade Pistol and C4 off perk with my medic. They all look and function in a really cool manner. But damage wise they're just okay. I can't really tell the range on the Caulk N Burn. It also sprayed much differently then I was imagining a flaming caulk to work. I was hoping for silly string on fire. Trench Gun handles pretty well but at its cost I would still go with a Double Barrel Shotgun as a back up since it does more damage. C4 is fun but as a Medic I only get 2. One thing I wasn't able to try was if C4 could stick to walls or people. The ammo nerf doesn't really affect Medics too much but I was seeing people with other perks starting running around looking for ammo much sooner on each wave.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Inside Out Mom posted:

Just played a couple of games and having a blast. One thing I'd like to see is for a medic, could you either make health and armor disappear when full, or change color? I know it's not a big deal, but it would help when I'm trying to see who I haven't healed, and the black background blends into the darkness of the level.

Aim down sight when you are going to heal another player. A blue crosshair will appear and lock on to the player after about half a second. Then press the heal dart and it will home in on the person. You can still do it without aiming but I found the dart to be a bit more accurate this way. Also keep in mind that your darts heal over time so while it may look like a player is still missing health they may just be slowly healing from your last dart. If they don't beep then your healing dart don't reap.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Azran posted:

I wonder if the three month delay for this patch was expected, and they are still planning to release the game by the end of 2015. I mean, the Demo and Firebug update added some stuff that wasn't in the game previously - like the zed weakpoint system, a full perk rework, the microwave effect and I suppose a whole lot of optimization to deal with 6 idiots spraying fire and explosions everywhere - that sounds pretty time intensive.

I went to their PAX Prime panel over the weekend and can confirm that they were not expecting to take this long. They said at the panel that they were expecting to drop the initial 4 perk classes, game some feedback on the pros and cons, patch accordingly and then release the next update. What they didn't expect was the shear amount of feedback and input from the community regarding the game mechanics and perk classes. Their original plan was to release 3 classes in this recent update but they had to push one back to completely rework the Berserker and melee in general. They're quite happy with the amount of responses but they also realized quickly that they have a lot of work on their hands.

Do I have to opt out of the Beta to play regularly or can I leave it on?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Oh yeah the grenade pistol still stinks. One shot = one dead clot, cyst or crawler if you're exactly on top of them. Anything bigger or further is gonna shrug it off and Bloats are still pretty much invincible.

They should just have the tier 1 weapon be a bag full of M80s or M100s and a lighter. They pack a punch but you still need to be somewhat accurate with them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Typical Pubbie posted:

I would support outlines for those times when I move to a perfectly defensible room, weld the door to prep for the wave, find a nice spot to shoot from, look around, and see that my team mates decided to keep moving.

"They're coming! I'm gone."

But I agree with the consensus that finding your team mates is half the battle.

Part of the reason I like Catacombs is the times where you're trying to find your teammates after the trader and you're just running through tunnels and hallways and around bends not seeing anyone. You're either going to run into your teammates or a horde of zeds. There's a sense of thrill and excitement like an action movie. And then you run into a Scrake or FP and it turns into a horror movie.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rayjenkins posted:

Speaking of super underused weapons, is the Eviscerator even worth using, or would you be better off with the Zweihander/Pulverizer for basically everything? Because I've had no problems at all doing Hard with those two. Sometimes I'll ditch the Pulv for the hotdog gun on Hans though.

I've used the Eviscerator a total of one time and found it really lacking compared to the other zerk weapons. The idea is great but I feel that its too bulky and you don't have enough saws to make it worth carrying.

The nail gun is fun to use and I've been off perking with it on Medic. Being able to switch between single fire and shotgun fire really helps with hordes at all ranges.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ramsus posted:

Exactly.

Leveling doesn't matter, and they can't stop people from "cheating" their way to max level.

You just have to chalk it up to part of the difficulty of the game. Try to get good and carry the game for the bad people. Let them know what they are doing wrong so they can fix it. I only play HOE and tend to see a lot of the same people, so eventually it evens out for the most part.

I've been playing casually on normal and just off perking everything off my medic. Mainly because its my highest level perk but also because almost every game requires me to be the babysitting medic to keep people alive. That said Pullverizer on a level 22 medic is really fun. If a player is getting swarmed I can come flying in, tank all the hits and explode things with my hammer. :black101:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Alereon posted:

I'd actually say shorter range and more damage with a shorter fuse time. Maybe make the poison strength scale with how much poison you take? I feel like I currently spend too much time poisoned because I got forced into the edge of a gas cloud for a fraction of a second, but otherwise the grenades are trivial to avoid.

Perhaps making the gas similar to the Spitters acid pool from Left 4 Dead 2. Where if you get out of the area right away you take a little bit of damage but the longer you stay in it the damage scales exponentially. That way if you are paying attention you only get slightly damaged but if you have tunnel vision you'll choke to death real quick. It also will keep people from staying in one area for too long and acts as a temporary area denial.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Mesadoram posted:

Half Scrake, Half FP, Siren head.

We will call it: Flerakein

So it would be like Goro from Mortal Kombat but a head that screams, two arms would be grinders, one other with a chainsaw, and just for fun replace the last arm with a husk cannon.

Zomborgon posted:

This all the way. Explosive grenades fill some of the same roles, if shorter-lived, but the gas's lack of range declination seems to create instant armor-strippers in corridors.

If you wanted to keep the gas mechanic as-is, then the medic should at least be able to cure it with darts.

By the way, is it supposed to make sense that nerve gas destroys armor?

A good medic should be able to mitigate the gas with no problem as the game is right now. Medics past level 10 should also be able to repair partial armor. I did always find the gas attack odd since you can equip a gas mask on your character. Maybe call it an acid cloud or something.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Elysiume posted:

I'm reluctant to play medic in pubs because people will bitch endlessly when they run off and die. I can't heal what I can see, idiots!

I've never really had people complain that I let them die. Usually they die because they decide to wade into a sea of Zeds and their damage out weighs the heal rate.

What does bother me is that very few medics actively heal people. Most are too set on trying to deal enough damage or get tunnel vision.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

closeted republican posted:

I try to heal as much as possible, but sometimes I get too caught up in Bloat and Siren extermination that someone dips down to half health while I'm trying to pop the head of a Bloat halfway across the map. It doesn't happen often, but I always kick myself when I focus too much on killing some faraway Bloat or Siren for some reason.

I do Bloat and Siren duty a lot too. It doesn't help that I've been seeing a lot more Lone Wolf players that will wander off on their own. Usually they do okay but I had a game today where one guy who was a level 2 Zerker kept dying off screen and I spent half a round trying to find him and could never locate them in the Manor map. Ended up just heading back to the main party and healing them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

You can actually shoot his mask off.

I've done that and it's terrifying. Think the clown from American horror story freak show.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I guess there's no Halloween event this year :smithicide:

At the PAX panel this year they said that they're going to focused on getting the main game completed first but heavily hinted that they are totally down for holiday events.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Gonna have to ask for a sourced quote of this not being taken out of context, because with unfinished games people spend 20% of the time playing and 80% wishfully extrapolating every slightly vague developer statement (and ignoring existing contradicting evidence).

I don't have anything printed since this was a question asked during the Q&A part of their panel. Someone in the audience asked the team of they were planning any holiday packs for the upcoming holiday season. They expressed how much fun they had on the killing floor 1 holiday packs and that it is something they would very much like to do again, but after they finish killing floor 2 and it's out of early access. They made sure to emphasize that it wasn't going to happen this winter. I was at the panel if that adds any validity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kikas posted:

Yeah, the headless zed tracking is something they really need to work on, it's stupid. Just make them stop and flail in one place, that should do it.

I believe they did the same thing in Killing Floor 1 when you blew their heads off. They'd still come at you slicing away.