Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

UltraVariant posted:

Confirmed game I best want but can't buy for another month because of severe lack of money. :emo:

Can't wait to pop heads off as sharpshooter again, though. That new dismemberment system will make it much more satisfying.

Ain't nothing stopping you from setting a Commando gun to semi-auto and going on a trash head-exploding spree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I cannot wait to use this game's shotguns. They look loving awesome.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
How are the shotguns off the bat in KF2? I'm hoping they aren't weak pieces of poo poo with very little penetration.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Daily Forecast posted:

So I googled it and it seems like the "special edition" comes with a skin and who the gently caress cares? Is there even any other reason to get it?

Loved KF1 but stopped playing it after a little bit, so I'm probably gonna drop the money on this tomorrow.

Buy it to give Tripwire a little extra support for making KF2.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I still expect problems on day one because of how many people will be trying to access the game at once.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

Please no. Please, please no.

It's time for endless power creep weapon DLC. :unsmigghh:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Are there enough servers now, or do you still have to fight for a single slot?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Support feels like the best class so far. It's great for multikills and is by far the best class for quickly dealing a lot of damage to tough enemies and Hans. Once you get a few levels in it, you can really shred through groups of enemies with the increased penetration. The only issue is with ammo, but picking off trash from a distance with the 9mm is a big help for conserving ammo.

I'm not really sold on Zerk ATM. The only advantage it has over support is being able to tank with parry (which I haven't gotten used to yet).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Alkydere posted:

There's a medic shotgun too! :v: To quote the pastor: "Deals out judgement AND healing!", also "Looks like a toy, kicks like a mule!"

So far it seems like the first 1-2 levels are the worst, but once you get them the classes start opening up (or at least not becoming a slog). Support sucked until I got the first level (it didn't help I kept getting separated from the rest of the pubby team and getting a total of 15 clots and other trash a round) but that shotgun penetration started to make it shine. Medic sucked at first as well and then I started moving faster and getting the armor bonus. Having +15 armor and +20 health at level five seriously makes up for lack of increased damage with the medic.

That's my experience as well. Once I hit level 2 with Support, it got much more powerful.

I wish they'd actually give you some improvements when you pick a class off the bat instead of forcing you to level up your perk so you get something as basic as being able to see cloaked Stalkers or have a noticeable penetration bonus with the shotguns. It's pretty stupid.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

I don't mind the levelling. Max perk in KF 1, you could only see Stalkers and health up to 16m. I'm almost Level 8 and I can already see up to 25m. I have a feeling classes are going to be WAAAY more powerful as they level and its meant to shift players onto the harder difficulties so the game is ultimately more rewarding.

I just wish the perks had some sort of power right off the bat though. It's pretty silly picking a perk and being just slightly more powerful than not having a perk at all (except for Zerk).

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Getting used to the new leveling system takes a little bit of time. At first, I just popped what was getting close to me, but it seems like the system is built around you shooting as much as you can. Once I started hitting every enemy I could as Commando, it leveled up much faster.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Forcing you to pick between tactical reload and improved single-fire damage is BS, though. :argh:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I await the day people learn NOT to bunch up right at the start of the boss fight.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Opposing Farce posted:

I want to like Berserker more than I actually do. In theory I'm all about running around and parrying and chopping down enemies in melee, but I haven't been able to find the right groove for it. I'm not as good at swinging for the head as I'd like to be and I haven't totally wrapped my mind around the parry/block mechanic yet. I probably just have to play with it some more until I get a hang of the playstyle, or maybe the other melee perk will end up being more my speed.

Heh, I'm going through the same thing at the moment. The Zerk's new weapons scream "pure offense" to me, which makes it hard for me to mentally get used to blocking instead of just wailing on everything with the shovel or Pulverizer until they all die.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Red Mundus posted:

Player hitboxes are wayyyy too big and one dude standing in a doorway turns it into a 6 stooges skit.

KF1 had this problem but the hitboxes were usually small enough to squeeze by in most cases.

Just get in front OF HIM then. :unsmigghh:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, the M4 is real bad and needs to weigh a lot less (drop it to 6, drop the A12 to 8-9) so you can have it as an upgrade to the Mossberg alongside the AA12. As it is the weight means you can't use it alongside an AA12, the price means you don't actually want to buy it anyway because you could just save for an AA12 instead, and the tiny magazine and shell-by-shell reload are a huge liability.

That, or I'd be okay with seeing the M4 and double barrel swap tiers. Make the M4 a Mossberg that has a smaller magazine but fires semi-auto with the same damage, and buff the hunting shotgun's damage so it's delivers a much bigger spike of damage like it did in KF1.

My main issue is the price being ridiculous. You can save 400 more dosh and get the ultimate Scrake and Fleshpound-buster instead of what feels like a Mossberg 500 sidegrade. A Boomstick and AA-12 is going to get you a lot farther than a Boomstick and Combat Shotgun will.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

Oh drat, the burst fire on the Varmint Rifle feels awful. I think it might actually be worse as a rapid fire tool than semi. The burst needs to be much faster, right now it's so chunky and slow and bad :(

The semi-automatic mode is great, though. I always just stick it in semi first thing and don't look back.

I do the same thing. The burst-fire is pretty much useless.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

Don't be afraid to use your baby 9mm pistol to kill trash (Cysts, clots, slashers, crawlers, the occasional gorefast) in the early waves, or even later ones just to conserve ammo for your fun guns (Hmm, do I want to use an entire shotgun cell for a lone clot? Do I want to walk all the way over there to shovel a Bloat to death, or shoot him in the face so he doesn't spit on me?)

Your 9mm still counts for your active perk experience with it's kills too. Same with your default tiny melee, the M2 swing with a scalpel can slice a clot in half if you nail them in the head.

I'm getting used to the 9mm actually being useful as a non-Sharp. :P It's particualry helpful with Support, as you don't really spawn in with a lot of ammo for the Mossberg 500. Unless you see a juicy multikill, just use the 9mm.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
My rule is to never buy the T3 weapon as Commando or Support, but do so as Zerk or Medic. It works very well.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Accordion Man posted:

The boss fights are still the absolute worst thing about this game, the new guy doesn't have instant kills but he's still a chore. Him and the Patriarch just feels at odds with the rest of the game and I never enjoyed fighting them.

Hans is actually pretty easy to kill if you have a team that knows a little bit about his mechanics. I've found the only problem occurs when people bunch up and get gassed because of it. Otherwise, just have some teammates with AA-12s and he'll fall.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ShadowMar posted:

It still feels weird not being able to go demo on boss wave, can't wait for all the perks to be in.

I think this game will be a lot easier when more classes come in. Having a good Demo and Sharp should make tough enemies and Hans much easier, and that's not including what the new classes will bring to the table.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Athropos posted:

Probably gonna stop playing this until we get more content. I don't play a whole lot anyways and just the ideas of losing all perk progress is kind of turning me off. I never liked levels in shooters anyways. In the original KF I gave myself level 3 in every perk to get a decent base to start from just to be functionnal in a team with whatever perk I chose.

I'm doing the same thing. I'll pop it and play once in a while, but I'm not going to get super-invested in it like I did with KF1 until it's close to having all of the perks and more maps. I think it would be dumb getting really into it when it's got only three maps at a handful of perks ATM.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

MooCowlian posted:

Man why did I start with commander? Shotguns are so much more fun.

Once you go shotguns, you never go back.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ramsus posted:

like really the devs are so stupid that they didn't realize that the clot 180 fucks up your aim, good one

It must be a bug.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Oh drat, the KF1-style Stalker and KF1-style Scrake looks way better than the default ones.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SinineSiil posted:

Do I get extra copy of KF1 that I can give to friend or not when I buy deluxe edition? I remember reading conflicting reports.

You do.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

Jesus Christ the traps on those Scrakes, they look like they shrug tractors before breakfast :stare:

Those skins really give the Scrake and Stalker some personality instead of making them grey blobs that either spin around and kill you or grey blobs that can cloak.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

dogstile posted:

On that note, i'd really like it if people that had only shot like, one bullet or so could not pick up ammo.

gently caress those guys.

It's even worse when a Commando or Medic grabs an ammo box and I'm a Support. Supports need a few extra shells far more than you need an extra magazine for your automatic weapons. :argh:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Chard posted:

Stepped up from Hard to Suicidal tonight, now everything is so drat fast! That being said we did pretty well until we got separated on a late wave and I got stranded alone with a mess of scrakes, Medics just can't pump out enough damage to deal effectively.

That being said, going from 4 to 6 players was the really devastating change. The HP increase for zeds threw off the team's rhythm and we just got buried under stuff we were expecting to be able to handle. It makes sense balance-wise but still a pain in round 7/10, even personally dumping 2k into the new joins didn't equalize things.

I've noticed that getting more players can really gently caress you over. Unless all of the new guys are Supports with AA-12s (not happening), the extra HP Scrakes and FPs can easily be too much for your team to compensate for.

Also, I really wish that the XP gained from healing people was tripled. It gives you way too little for doing the most important thing a Medic can do. It's a bit silly that going on a Cyst head-popping spree with the Medic SMG gets you way more XP than bailing your team out of an FP assault gone wrong with Medic Grenades or saving your Berzerker's rear end by healing him from 10 to 100 quickly.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 09:11 on May 6, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ramsus posted:

For real. The one I played was garbage because the whole map was pitch black by wave 3

Look at it this way: Nightvision is finally useful!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I think Stalkers are my favorite enemy in the game. Not because of their skills or looks, but because of how loving fun is to make them go flying when you kill them with a shotgun while they're in the air, how easy it is kill them so hard you can see their guts and spine, the silly poses their ragdolls can make, and how satisfying it is to bitch-slap them with the Pulverizer.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I was disappointed they never put in a Webley revolver in KF1. It's top break like the Schofield, cool, and British.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ramsus posted:

Just lost Paris with 78 zeds left on wave 7/7 HOE. Double fleshpounds at start used all my aa12 ammo, then a commando stood in a window blocking my escape towards the end when we got another double fp. The rest of the team fell like dominoes after that.

I don't think you understand; killing stray Clots and Crawlers from far away in a window is far more important than killing Fleshpounds.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 7, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

DeusExMachinima posted:

I've been playing pretty much only support because the shotguns interact so well with MEAT. You can crack open clots and stalkers all day long but nothing beats a pointblank kill shot on a charging gorefast that splits their torso in half. Or crawlers jumping at you. Pull!

Shotguns are by far my favorite wepaons in the game so far. They're powerful and very fun to use. It's like the gore and ragdoll systems were built around shotguns.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

The Missing Link posted:

I think I just shot a husk until he was stunned right as he was about to fire his weapon, so he shot the floor beneath him and launched about 100 feet into the air right as Zed time kicked in. I wish I could have recorded it. I would have put it to the 2001 theme and watched it 20 times an hour.

KF2 has the best ragdoll physics.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Manor looks loving awesome so far. Great job!

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I wasn't sure about Commando for a bit, but its really grown on me. Popping heads is even more fun than it is in KF1 and the class is still the ultimate trash-buster it was in KF2.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ChickenHeart posted:

God I can never get over that loving clot-gondola running throughout that map. Every time I'm in the process of booking it to the trader the sight of pale monster rear end being scooted around the ceiling will catch my eye and I can't help but laugh every time.

And then of course there's the giant blood-blender, the fetus aquarium, the blood pipes, the birthday party...Biotics is just chock full of zany over-the-top imagery.

Outpost plays fine, but god is it boring to look at after playing Bioticslab for a while. It's like someone removed all of the cool stuff in Bioticslab and replaced it with a generic outdoors snowy base area.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I don't get why they gave you no benefits for most classes when they were level 0. It's only around level 4-5 that you finally start seeing the boosts each class provides having a noticeable effect. The only exception is Support, but that's because shotguns are naturally really good, not because of any bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Takes No Damage posted:

I think game notifications need some work, half the time I don't even notice when I'm the last player left alive, and several times I've completely missed it when I level up. TW bring back the sweet guitar riff from KF1 please :rock:

Also in general the thin white text often doesn't read well against the game, often in Outpost it's pretty invisible. Think they should thicken it up and add a black stroke or something.

Last night in a Normal Outpost game, Hans wiped out most of the team with gas grenades and I had no idea anyone died until I noticed that there wasn't as much firing sounds as their was a few seconds ago. It was only after Hans was killed that I checked the scoreboard and saw that 4 out of 6 members of the team were dead.