Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, besides Babylonian theme, Chaos Dwarves were all about using Minotaur, Centaur and even Ork slaves as cheap labor, cannon fodder and servants with the actual Chaos Dwarves being in minority. They were also slowly turning to stone as they got older due to the Chaos Taint, so to retain their mobility, they gradually inserted various mechanical chaos-powered limbs and machines into their bodies, basically turning into Babylonian steampunk cyborg dwarf slavers.

Chaos Dwarves were rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

"Chaos Dwarves" do not and never did exist.

Nah, you are confusing them with "Squats", totally different dwarves from totally different Warhammer.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Asehujiko posted:

No, Man o' War and Dreadfleet got unpersoned and therefor naval combat has no place in a game built around the Warhammer IP. Actual stated reason, welcome to how GW handles their adoptions of everything.

Whole old Warhammer world got unpersoned by GW, which is why we have Total War: Warhammer in the first place. I really doubt GW would care if the devs looked for Man o' War or Dreadfleet for inspiration on how to handle naval combat in the setting.

If there will be naval combat inn this game, I would bet it will be introduced in the inevitable Elven expansion. High Elves are located on a bigass island in the middle of ocean and Dark Elves have huge focus on naval combat and piracy, so it would make sense.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 20, 2015

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

Wood Elves > High Elves > You > Dark Elves

The only thing cool about Dark Elves is the reptile/serpent theme they are rocking with all those Hydras, Cold Ones, Medusas and Sea Serpents and even there, the Lizardmen have them beat.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, so what is Trollhammer torpedo and what is its use on tabletop? I'm asking because the name sound awesome, and the idea of having massively armoured dwarfs wielding rocket launcher while the enemy dudes run around with sticks and swords sound rad. (Please tell me that Trollhammer torpedo is fantasy steampunk rocket launcher)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

....and the actual rocket is in shape of a fist. :allears:

Welp, that settles it. I'm playing dwarfs first.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The main problem with Vampire Counts is that while every other faction has at least one leader who is super rad, Vampire Counts have to choose between a pussy and a bigger pussy as their faction leaders. They really need Vlad or Aborash or simply someone not pathetic as their third Legendary Lord.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Eh, we already have Grimmgor Ironhide, aka " waltz to the greatest chaos champion at the height of his power, headbutt him to the ground, drop the mic and moonwalk away" and Khozrak Suneater aka " I really hope half of your army is cannons if you want to take me down, also my hammer is bigger than your steamtank" so its not like ANOTHER ridiculously powerful legendary lord who specializes in being one man army would raise many eyebrows....

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Angry Lobster posted:

Except with more spess mahreens and metal bawkses. This game has some seriously hilarious voice acting and dumb dialogue.

That's a feature, not a flaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So after a lots and lots of restarts, I finally managed to stuck to a particular Empire starts and things went well:

I rushed to conquer Marienburg and Middenheim early, while showering Nordland and Wisseland with gifts and making Military alliances with them, gobbed few more provinces due to inevitable wars they dragged me into, made Non-aggression pacts and trade agreements with Bretonia and dwarfs and due to fact that my north, south and western borders were secured, I managed to make do with only 2 armies, thus getting pretty ridiculous income, but everyone else in Empire hated me because I expanded too fast. Then the first chaos invasion happened and because Skaeling and Varn factions were rank 1 and 2 in strength, they promptly ate Kislev and everyone freaked out, me included, because most of my provinces were in north and north-east and some even bordered Kislev which turned into burning, chaos-invested ruins, oh and also Vampires got pissed that everyone ignored them and decided to join the fun too. At turn 60 I was pretty much ready to restart again, because in North, 6 friggin Skaeling stacks were getting ready to pile-up on my city garrisoned with one of my armies led by generic Empire General, while in south, 2 stacks of Vampire Counts, led by Mannfred, Kemmler were preparing to do the same against my one army led by Balthasar Gelt. Then I discovered that my General in the North had Lighting Strike and that Lighting Strike is ridiculously broken, as I attacked and crushed one Skaeling stack after another in 1v1 battles, despite the fact that they were almost literally stacked on top of each other. Well, thanks to Lighting Strike all that accomplished was that I got to destroy all six stacks in one turn. In South I had probably one of the most difficult tactical battles in TW ever, that I won pretty much thanks to sniping Mannfred with repeated Final Transmutations before he did anything (and also because Kemmler is pretty useless, I'm not sure he did anything the whole battle before he got cut apart by Halberds). After that, the whole Empire became a giant hugbox, because everyone was at war with Chaos and Norsca, everyone was massacring/being massacred by Chaos and Norsca and thus everyone loved each other and had mutual Military alliances with each other, which in turn increased the love even more and once allied, Nordland, Ostmark, Tabbenheim and Ostenland actually managed to stop the Chaos invasion on their own, while I silently dismantled Vampire Counts in the south.

The game actually went a bit too well, as I got a Game Over screen at turn 93, apparently fulfilling all Victory objectives for Long Campaign before Archeon even managed to spawn and begin the End Times. Welp. :v:

TL:DR - the game is so good, it forced me to write after-action report. Also Lighting Strike is broken good and will ruin multi-stack armies, get it ASAP.

• Locked thread