Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Someone help! I've been getting a craving for CoD, but it would require me to buy a new console. Xbox One or PS4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I should have mentioned that I'm an old Xbox 360 gamer, so I do kind of lean that way. But I also kind of want to play some PS4 exclusives. So torn and I'm not even sure I should pull the trigger on one or not.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VJeff posted:

I was a 360-er too. I made the leap and I'm really happy with the PS4. It's a Real Good console.

Since I've asked in places other than just here, this seems to be the consensus opinion. So I'm now leaning that direction, but I still have to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger.

But chances are pretty high that I will end up doing it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hackan Slash posted:

On the flip side, most of the chaff has switched over to the PS4, so the cool dudes are left on the Xbox. There's also a decent HC group, which I think is your jam.

Of course, if I remember correctly you might do better on the PS4 because it is the angryman console of choice.

Sir, you offend me! I've never gotten angry at a video game in my life! :v:

And I pretty much got used to core games during Blops 2, so either mode would be fine for me. Although I do long for the old days of LMG sniping in CoD 4 Hardcore.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I broke down and got a PS4 with Blops 3.

When I get home I'm going to eat and then set it up. Who's ready for the glorious return of TMMadman?

And how much will I suck since I haven't played a console FPS for over a year?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, this is a big rear end update.

I'm now TMMadman on the PSN. I immediately added Macys, so right now he's my only friend!

But anyone else can feel free to add me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I am rusty. Plus it doesn't help not knowing the maps.

I must get better.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing now, so someone invite me, so I can suck while still winning.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will probably be playing after the Cubs game finishes, but I still suck so you'd all have to carry me! :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
More people need to get online and play right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm taking a break for the next hour or so to eat dinner and watch a dumb tv show.

I'll be back around 9pm central.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

housefly posted:

I think, by far, the most amusing aspect of this screen grab is you - of all people - telling him to work on anger management.

Bravo, Macys. Bravo.

Macys doesn't have an anger management problem. He lets his anger go all the time.

In our ears. :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The best part is that Macys always complains about campers.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
All I want is 6 guys spamming smoke and 3 frags on Bog.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

blops 3 is better than 1 anyway, whats the issue

You're out of your mind. Black Ops 1 is probably the best game of the series.

I would rank them as BO1>CoD4>BO2>MW2>WaW. I haven't played MW3 and don't have enough time I in BO3 to rank it. Although both would almost certainly be in front of WaW.

Edit - actually, I could probably be talked into ranking BO2 ahead of CoD4.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bear is driving! posted:

Yes. I played for a few hours with some friends last night and it was loving amazing. It took a little time to get used to, but staying on the ground is so much better. You could tell a lot of people weren't used to it by all the bunny hopping going on.

This is my issue with the BO3. I know I'm still new to this iteration of the game, but super jumps and sliding irritate me. It's cool in a way, but it's also super frustrating to have someone in your sights and then they go rocketing away and I die because they can target in the air.

It's like they said 'Hey, you know how people love to 360 no scope by jumping off poo poo? Well let's just make it so they don't even have to get on poo poo first!'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My emblem is now the 'My Shoes. You are a dog' from these old SA photoshops

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Macys posted:

In addition, the difference between a mouse sniper and a pad user is far, far greater than that of any of the other weapon classes.
The best upgrade to sniping on console Call of Duty is a mouse and keyboard.

Being able to use a keyboard and mouse kind of irritates me.

One of the reasons I liked console FPS gaming is because I was never good with mouse/KB controls and I liked that everyone was essentially equal using the console controllers. Sure, you could change the sensitivity and perhaps the button layout, but you still had the same device was in everyones hands.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I think I need to look through my settings and turn on the option that lets my voice be heard on recordings.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Macy's come back online.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If anyone starts playing tonight, feel free to send me an invite. I'll be playing Arkham Knight in the meantime.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

widespread posted:

I'm assuming 10 boxes, since $10 gets you 1100 points and Rares are 200 a pop. And because it's a sale.

Then it would be 11 boxes. Can't you do simple math? :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Dropped $10, first box I get the garand

:v:

I dropped 10 bucks and all I got was a bunch of bodies and a combat knife. :(

It's a good thing I got an FFAR from a free box just before I did that or I'd be really pissed.

edit - If today wasn't payday, I doubt I would have bought any points.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 28, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stop paying for crates you loving idiots.

I'm going to spite buy another 10 bucks tomorrow or Monday just because of this post!

Take that!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As always, feel free to send me an invite even if I'm playing another game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll probably play tonight around 8 or 9pm central.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

housefly posted:

So I ordered a cinch today. Jump shot/drop shot tomfoolery starts in 2-3 weeks.

So you will be telling the truth with you 'I paid to win' paintjob!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fibby Boy posted:

Yo who wanna play tonight?

I'm sure I'll be playing in a little bit after I have some dinner.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah just play with goons because there's always that one idiot without a season pass so you never play the good new maps.

Hey I resent that! I was told not to buy the new maps!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Only special people get to play tonight apparently because the black op servers suck rear end and won't let several of us update our files.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Argentina Venezuela just finished and now no one is playing? Wtf you guys it's Saturday night lets play some shootymans

I'm online and playing now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be on in a little while after I get pizza and eat it while watching the Cubs game a bit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

housefly posted:

My controller came in today. I'll be on later getting used to having buttons on the back and about 1/10 the trigger travel.

Nice Blops colors you nerd.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SubponticatePoster posted:

Or in Macy's case a couple of games, the camping rage quitting piece of poo poo :glomp: jk bro

Macy's, we all had a good laugh when you quit out of the winning side of a 9 v 3.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
More people should be playing tonight cause it's double xp weekend.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So who is going to get on early today and play?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

jase1 posted:

I learned a lot about fisting last night from our games. Can't wait to hear what tonight's topic is!

Well get on now because me and revotfel could use some help!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Javes posted:

Empire sure is Raid alright. I forgot how much AR favored Raid was, the glorious AN-94 shined on that map. I think they nerfed some of the headglitch spots in the rock garden on B, they feel a little shorter. If only we had a Lodestar-esque streak in this game then my Raid memories would be 100% recreated :allears:

Riot shield, pistol and C4 were the way to play Raid.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Mothership not an acceptable substitute?

I bought DLC because I apparently hate money (and myself) so if anyone wants to play new maps tonight I'm down.

I ended up buying the DLC (as did NSA, Chacha and Flanken), so you can play with any of us. I'll be on in a little bit after I eat dinner.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wazzit posted:

lol yeah, you should definitely be giving Javes pointers on how to play Blops2/3. :allears:

Hah, I play with him a bit now. He's a jump shotting rear end in a top hat! ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Things I learned last night:

1. Ground War is still completely loving stupid, especially with Safeguard as a game mode.
2. ChaCha is a giant slut.

• Locked thread