Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Am I being a dumbass for keeping two D/ST in my dynasty league? We have pretty large rosters (30 spots including IR) so the waiver is pretty bare and we've already had our rookie draft. Should I drop the texans or the cardinals and pick up Bobby Rainey/Jordan Todman/Allan Hurns/Boobie Dixon/Lance Dunbar/Marcedes Lewis?

I play in a 10man dynasty league with 30 roster spots and rock two DSTs. I dabble in 3 during the season if I feel I need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm looking directly at you, Cordarrelle Patterson.

My favorite bust of the season.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Varg posted:

I drafted and held onto Jeremy Hill all last year apart from 1 week when I dropped him out of frustration and then picked him back up the next week before he became super useful

basically if you're going to hold onto a player, make sure it's an RB that has a shot

In my dynasty league I drafted Giovani, then made sure to trade a couple dudes to get Hill before the season started. Guy I traded with got 2 players who scored a combined 5 fantasy points all season, I got J. Hill.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone play in an IDP only league? I'm setting one up this year on Yahoo and am looking for advice on team size, positions and scoring. I set it up already with a pretty basic setup. It's six teams, and currently I have roster spots set up like this:

LB - 2
DT - 1
DE - 1
CB - 2
S - 1
Flex - 2
Bench - 3

Scoring is pretty much standard Yahoo scoring right now. I'm open to suggestions on everything.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So after reading the IDP thread, and following the conversation here, I think I'm going to set up my IDP only league like this:

Positions:
DL - 3
LB - 3
CB - 2
S - 2
Flex - 1 (any D player)
Bench - 8
IR Spot - 1

I'm debating rolling the CB/S positions into just 4 DB spots. With 6 teams I think it'll be a lot easier to field a full defensive unit compared to the SA IDP league, but I also like the flexibility of building your own "defensive schemes". This setup will let managers play 3-4, 4-3, Big Nickel, etc.

Tackle Assist - .5
Sack - 4
Interception - 6
Forced Fumble - 4
Fumble Recovery - 3
Defensive Touchdown - 7
Safety - 10
Pass Defended - 2
Block Kick - 6
Tackles for Loss - 3

The scoring was largely from the PFF article posted in the IDP thread. Maybe verbatim but I think I tweaked it just a bit.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 23, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gyshall posted:

clearly you get the sims handcuff, who is doug martin

but seriously I'm at 80%+ ownage (20 leagues so far) of Doug Martin thus far this year in MFL10s, he is going to be like Mark Ingram this year, playin' for that paycheck. I know he has two lovely seasons to look at but good goddamn do I want him to do well.

And if he doesn't, MFL10s are a great place to burn that pick, especially at his current ADP.

As a Sims dynasty owner, MartinTB RBs isare trash.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I only use Yahoo's, that's after playing in league's on ESPN and NFL.com. Yahoo is nice, but I wish there were a bit more customization options, especially for IDP scoring.

I've been trying to get my league to convert to fleaflicker, but they all sound content with yahoo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I feel like Forsett and Anderson are both traps this year. Can anybody explain why they'd take them so high, particularly Anderson?

Anderson's job as the starter is his to lose and the Bronco's are looking to be much more run heavy so Peyton doesn't get so worn down. I agree that Forsett looks like a trap. Anderson I'm on the fence on though, it's hard for me to justify taking him late in the 1st or early in the 2nd, but the mock's I've done so far having him going around there.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Amergin posted:

I'd agree on Anderson being a trap for his first/early second round ADP due to the Bronco's worse O-line this year and the stable of backs behind him that are all pretty studly (Hillman, Thompson mainly).

Not sure why you'd say Forsett is a trap, though... I'm seeing him go in 3rd/4th/5th rounds as an RB2/3 and I think he definitely has a good chance at being a serviceable RB2. What am I missing here, apart from the departure of Kubiak?

My feelings on Forsett are more personal opinion than any statistical fact about Forsett. He's been in the league since 08, and his breakout season was at the ripe old age of 28. I won't disagree that he will probably be serviceable as an RB2, and while still early in the mock season I've seen him going around round 3 pretty consistently. That seems far too early for me. The 5th round is about the point I'd take him if I needed another RB.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

I enjoy the weekly run down of the games themselves on Monday, as I don't always get to park myself in front of Red Zone on Sundays, so it's good to get a quick breakdown of everything I missed. I completely ignore their advice, though.

Is there a better podcast for that? Because I also can't stand Cecil.

Last year was the first year listening to podcasts while playing, and after about 2 weeks of FBG I basically used it for this purpose too. Good recaps, pisspoor advice. I'm debating getting the NFL rewind deal this season and just watching the abbreviated games over listening to FBG.

I liked the 4for4 podcast. I also recommend fantasypros, the my playbook thing is really cool and worth the money alone, and the draft tool is incredible.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

If you use FAAB, let them submit email blind bids for each pick with the idea that the money permanently comes out of their budget if they win. Ties are determined by whoever the commissioner thinks has the best team name.

What about the commish bidding though? or does he graciously take last?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If that happens then you don't need to worry about draft strategy because you're drafting with idiots.

You could be in a 12 team league full of 11 morons, but that you still need a certain amount of luck to win it all.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Any fantasypro's draft simulator users know a way to make the simulator only draft IDP? I have it set to my league rules, however instead of only selecting IDP (it's an IDP only league obviously) players the first round is like half QB's and half IDP's.
:confused:

Edit: Nevermind, I wasn't de-selecting the FantasyPros overall rankings and selecting my IDP cheat sheet.

Edit 2: Well it still isn't working. Antonio Brown and Gronk are going 2 and 3 every time now.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 29, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

jabro posted:

I don't have Pro so I can't check IDPs but a stupid question. You set custom rosters to reflect zero offensive players?

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first tried, but all offensive positions are set at 0. I think it might be related to the "Draft Against" category which pulls ADP rankings from various sites and it isn't impacted by cheat sheets (I think), but I'm not sure.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Koth posted:

My 1PPR league has gone from 3WR 2RB 1TE to 2WR 2RB 1TE 1FLEX. But I see some leagues have 3WR 2RB 1TE 1FLEX.

Any insight on which is "better"? Or is it insignificant?

I'd say the 2WR 2RB 1TE 1Flex. My league is 1WR 1RB 1TE 3Flex and the flexability is awesome.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Benne posted:

Marshawn Lynch hasn't missed a game in 4 years despite his absurd workloads. I don't know why fantasy people are so eager to write him off every August.

Because, "THIS WILL BE THE YEAR IT FINALLY CATCHES UP WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I stay away from Lynch because I dislike Seattle though, so my reasons aren't that great.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

In a year when there is a really good (like, "reasonable") chance that Andy loving Dalton is about to poop out a Top 6 QB performance, the idea of drafting a QB early is so ludicrous I can't even begin to fathom the logic.

Where are you getting that projection for the Red Rifle? Genuinely curious as I've used the combo of Stafford/Dalton (Backup QB on Staff's bye) for about 2-3 seasons now and enjoy Dalton Hype.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I need some help setting my scoring settings on MyFantasyLeague, if possible.

I have all the categories set except two which I'm not sure how to set using MFL. With yahoo, our scoring allowed for 3 and outs, and 4th down stops. Does anyone know which categories those are for MFL? I'm assuming its 4th down conversions applied to defense, but I'm not sure. I can only find 3rd down conversions for 3rd down scoring, but nothing about 3 and out. Am I just SOL on those two categories?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I need some help setting my scoring settings on MyFantasyLeague, if possible.

I have all the categories set except two which I'm not sure how to set using MFL. With yahoo, our scoring allowed for 3 and outs, and 4th down stops for defensive points. Does anyone know which categories those are for MFL? I'm assuming its 4th down conversions applied to defense, but I'm not sure. I can only find 3rd down conversions for 3rd down scoring, but nothing about 3 and out. Am I just SOL on those two categories?

Shameless re-post.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Agreed, Lacy is a no-brainer in your situation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have Funchess in my Dynasty and Re-Draft league. :getin:

If Kelvin misses any regular season games Cam's completion percentage should rise.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Keeper leagues should have IR spots imo, so he should keep him and shelve him. If you don't have IR spots, then dropping should be allowed. I don't mind letting him re-pick, but I can see how that could rub other league members the wrong way, so a league vote would be best.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

competing this year even tougher.

Do you think your roster is good enough to win you a title this year? If yes, keep what you have. If not, take the trade and start building for the future.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Him accepting the deal trumps whatever bullshit he throws against the wall about the league not having voted on it. He is absolutely grasping here.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm starting to see this Wheaton hype Pittsburgh is thumping.

As a Martavis owner this worries me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

I was never as high on Martavis as everybody else seems to be, but he's a good player and a huge redzone threat that just needs time to learn the offense. Long term you'll probably be fine, but Wheaton will likely see plenty of the field this season.

Actually I think what I'm saying is that Martavis is a great dynasty stash but I'm not touching him at his redraft ADP.

I have him in dynasty so your opinion is a bit reassuring, but I was hoping to see an uptick in his snaps over last year, and I'm not sure that happens now.

Also I traded Markus Wheaton (and Cody Layover) at the beginning of last season for Jeremy Hill, so was hoping they'd be busts haha.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So who's picking up Jeff Janis?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Drafted Janis in my dynasty league, just added Ty Montgomery as well until we see how the depth chart pans out over the next couple of weeks.

I'm tempted to drop Theo Riddick and pick up Jeff Janis, but I have Davante Adams already soo....
I can also drop Charlie Sims, Denard Robinson, or even Jesse James (though I'd like to see him replace Miller in a year or two).

Edit: I also have a feeling that the owner of Jordy is going to go straight for Janis when he can slide Jordy onto his IR.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 24, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Your fandom is showing.

He's a clone of Jordy tho?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Who's apparently been nothing but disappointing all camp.

If you already have Adams, why would you want to make things worse by picking up Janis and playing russian roulette with an offense that spreads it around and just lost it's best field stretcher.

Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb (in PPR). those are the steady guys, everything else on that team is a crapshoot.

I honestly don't have a good reason. It's a combo of being a Packers fan and wanting to block the Jordy owner from acquiring Janis. (our waiver is dire due to the 30 man rosters)

Plus, I'm losing faith in Theo getting much field time this year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Well if you are not good at Fantasy Football make a league where only you can understand the scoring system!

I win my league every year by changing the scoring after the draft. This year I'm letting people start 3 kickers and they are the only position who gets points. I have 6 rostered. :getin:

Michael Corleone posted:

That is why I made everything standardish in mine and talked to my Co Coms before finalizing the settings.

In reality, every offseason I send out a questionnaire asking for any rules change suggestions. I then confer with my two Co-Commishs and we discuss which ones could be implemented and then league vote those ones over the Summer.

edit: Any rule change should be presented to the league and a mandatory vote on it should happen, especially when it's stupid bs like .125 pts per yd and crap.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 26, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Benne posted:

So that's why the Steelers have been talking up Wheaton all month

Pretty much.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What's with you goons being in leagues with shitastic commissioners?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Debating dropping Kyle Rudolph or Martellus Bennett for Markus Wheaton. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards dropping Marty or staying put.

.5 ppr

Edit: I also have Perriman on my roster.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just traded my Denard Robinson for Marvin Jones in dynasty. Feels like a wash but I get a player I like over a player I'm neutral on.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Is there some hype with Marvin Jones this year? He got drafted in my league and 3 other people got upset.

Am I missing something?

Not really. I've liked Marvin since 2013, but last year was supposed to be a break out year for him, until his injury. A lot of people think he will feast due to the offensive weaponry allowing the Bengals to spread looks this year. He's still behind Sanu on the depth chart though and I don't know how many 3 WR sets the Bengals play on average. Even if he beats out Sanu at some point he's going to be competing with Green, Hill, and Eifert for targets.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Since you have Nelson Agholor, I'd probably take it. Golden Tate is a decent flex guy, CJ Spiller will be good, Perriman will either play this year and be decent or you will have him for next year, and a #2 pick.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He sounds like the yahoo grading system with swears.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

On the flip side the Raiders impressed. I have a feeling as a Chiefs fan I'm going to be dealing with Amari Cooper breaking my heart constantly for years to come. He was out there toying with Patrick Peterson of all people, he gets open at will.

Amari's route running was fan-loving-tastic. I cannot believe the Raiders have drafted so well the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What does the NFL Game Pass cost this year? The site only tells me to try for free for 7 Days, I can't find the actual price.

• Locked thread