Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

THE MACHO MAN posted:

So I have two offers on the table:

Give: Stafford and Wheaton for Mike Evans

Give: Wheaton and Gray for Emmanuel Sanders

I'd take that 2nd one without much hesitation tbh, but either one isn't a bad deal for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Jordy Nelson or Kelvin Benjamin could be worth a late round stash, especially if your league has an IR slot or largish benches. Otherwise, I wouldn't change too much from typical redraft. I would use that 3 year window as a tie breaker, though. I personally wouldn't hesitate to take Lacy and Bell ahead of Peterson and Charles and those two ahead of Lynch. Depending how you feel about Calvin, you might prefer AJ Green over him, as another example. I would likely take a late flier on Devante Parker or Breshad Perriman, whereas I wouldn't really bother with either in standard redraft.

Yea, so my league that just drafted last week has an IR slot and will be starting keepers next year and i just picked up jordy nelson and put him in my IR slot. Totally forgot about the IR slot until i saw this post, thanks! Rules say free agent pickups will count as a 10th round pick, so i'd say that's a steal.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 2, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

I'd prefer Cooks' situation by a country mile.

I'd second this also.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Yea, so my league that just drafted last week has an IR slot and will be starting keepers next year and i just picked up jordy nelson and put him in my IR slot. Totally forgot about the IR slot until i saw this post, thanks! Rules say free agent pickups will count as a 10th round pick, so i'd say that's a steal.

I also just went ahead and added Kelvin Benjamin too, I won't be able to keep both, but i think i should be able to offload Kelvin before the trade deadline for a serviceable player. What do you guys think i'd be able to talk someone out of, like maybe a bottom 4 team with little to no chance of making the playoffs might take the bait?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zypher posted:

You might be overthinking it here. It's one thing to stash a guy on IR for next year. And another to waste a bench slot for a significant portion of the year for the hope of a trade down the line. You're hurting yourself this year for minimal gain next year

Well i dropped my backup DEF Clevelad to pick up both Jordy and Kelvin. current roster is

QB Ryan Tannehill
WR Antonio Brown
WR TY Hilton
RB Ameer Abdullah
RB Giovani Bernard
TE Jimmy Graham
W/R/T Keenan Allen
BN Todd Gurley
BN John Brown
BN Duke Johnson Jr.
BN DeVante Parker
BN Kelvin Benjamin
IR Jordy Nelson
K Cody Parkey
DEF St. Louis

Really i could use a better RB but the only FA choices atm are Knile Davis, Benny Cunningham, Denard Robinson, Charles Sims, Darren Sproles. Dexter Mccluster, Dan Herron, and Lance Dunbar at the top. Could also use a backup QB, but that's what i was hoping i could trade Kelvin for is a backup QB or a decent RB. And if i absolutely needed a bench spot i could just drop kelvin benjamin back to the waiver.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 2, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So in one of my leagues someone drafted Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning and is offering up Peyton Manning for some RB help.

current situation is
12 team 1 ppr 4 pt pass td

QB Ryan Tannehill
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Lamar Miller
BN Andre Ellington
BN Tevin Coleman

His team

QB Andrew Luck
BN Peyton Manning
RB Adrian Peterson
RB Chris Ivory
BN Shane Vereen

Now the league is only 2 RB and no flex, so i'm thinking i can package Ellington with a bench WR and see if he'll take it? He also has the same Bye as Marshawn Lynch, so i'm feeling like he'll be wasting his time mostly on the bench unless one of my starters get injured, but then again if one of them do i'd be pretty thin with coleman as a 2nd RB. Do you guys think i should just roll with Tannehill? Also since it's a 4 pt pass td league, i assume that makes Peyton slightly less of an upgrade but still one nonetheless.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Sep 3, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I was actually thinking like a Ellington/Alex Smith for Manning/Ivory deal, which i'm actually liking Ivory this year, but don't know if he'd go for that since he's looking for RB depth? But yea not too big of an importance atm.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 3, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In all 4 of my leagues, Peyton never dropped past 30. All it took was Luck and Rodgers being taken in the 2nd round and people panic and grab Peyton.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 3, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

How about these guys.

Darren McFadden
Allen Hurns
Tyler Eifert
Marcus Mariota
Davante Parker
Michael Crabtree
Dwayne Allen

Also, is Alfred Morris for Jordan Matthews a fair trade offer in 14 .5 PPR? I already have Charles and Miller, but I got jack at receiver.

In PPR league i'd take Matthews over Morris, especially since you already have Charles and Miller. Morris usually suffers a bit whenever RG3lol isn't in the starting lineup and Matthews has the potential to hog a lot of targets as long as Ertz is banged up.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I need some second opinions on this trade i received, since i haven't paid much attention to the Chargers.

someone offered me Keenan Allen and Melvin Gordon for Lamar Miller and Nelson Aghalor.

Now i'm leaning towards rejecting since i'd rather have Miller than an unproven rookie, and Aghalor seems to have locked up the WR2 spot, but Allen from little i've read has been having a great camp? Now i also have Andre Ellington snoozing on the bench for probably most of the season unless a trade/injury happens. Maybe try Ellington/Aghalor instead?

1 PPR WR/WR/WR/RB/RB and no flex, there's also 0.03 PP Kick Return Yard and 0.06 PP Punt Return Yard, which is why i have Lockett.

WR Brandin Cooks
WR Amari Cooper
WR Nelson Aghalor
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Lamar Miller
BN Andre Ellington
BN Tevin Coleman
BN DeVante Parker
BN Reggie Wayne
BN Tyler Lockett
BN Antonio Gates

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

Drafting my 16 man team tomorrow and its my first time in a league that big. Thinking of just going all out with a total upside/roll of the dice team. Go RB-RB-RB targeting guys like Lamar Miller and then get potentially great WRs like John Brown, Charles/Stevie Johnson, etc. Crazy? I figure I don't want a solid team, because a solid team misses the playoffs in a 16 man league. Better to swing for the fences?

A lot of people think Lamar Miller is a lock for top 10 RB and could break the top 5 if the Dolphins offense clicks the way we are hoping. Aghalor is a very talented WR2 on a team that spreads the ball, scores points and produced two top 25 WR's last year with an inferior QB. You would be getting a second year WR who is talent and should recover from their sophomore slump and a very good but very raw back who may only be a 2 down back at best. I wouldn't do it - I like your team just the way it is.

Yea, that's how i feel about Miller, what would you think about me countering with Andre Ellington + Aghalor for Keenan Allen + Melvin Gordon?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Reggie Wayne looks to be out also, so that's a plus sign for LaFell.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

Counterpoint: We know he is playing week 1.

Counterpoint: They are playing the Pats week 1, they are going to pass a lot more than run. Probably even in the red zone/goalline.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

Yea, that's how i feel about Miller, what would you think about me countering with Andre Ellington + Aghalor for Keenan Allen + Melvin Gordon?

So i worked out a deal giving up Ellington + Aghalor for Keenan Allen + Abdullah, i'm really liking this trade. On one side, Abdullah has the potential and situation to do as well or better than Ellington and i think Keenan Allen gives me an upgrade over Aghalor.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Crunkjuice posted:

I've got Delanie Walker and Julius Thomas as my tight ends. These are the guys available - Austin Sefarian Jenkins, Vernon Davis, Jordan Reed, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green, Larry Donnell, Charles Clay, Coby Fleener, Richard Rogers.

Should I swap Walker for one? Thomas is work stashing right?

Rest of my team is
Big Ben
Julio/ AJ Green/Cooks -WR
Lacy/L.Murray -RB
Walker-TE
Joique Bell- FLX
Tucker-K
Miami-DEF

BENCH
Julius Thomas
Tannehill
Agholor
Ivory
Steve Smith Sr.
Brian Quick

I'd say Delanie Walker is better than any of those available options on a given sunday, he's not a top 5 TE, but he'll probably do decent enough to give you 6-10ish TE numbers.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson or John Brown? Go.

Landry in any format.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

If it's two D flex spots, wait until the end and just take a couple of high tackle MLB.

IMO, It could help him a lot if he were to pick up a LB like Kuechly or Lavonte David, before looking to WR depth but only if he's willing to reach a bit since they will go somewhere in the 9/10 round area i believe. On any week they can give you 10-15 points reliably and that's a lot better than some late LB that gives 7/8.

cheese posted:

Landry, Brown, Robinson in that order?

In PPR I might give Robinson a slight edge over Brown, but in nonPPR, it's a toss up i believe with Brown having more upside as long as Palmer is healthy but even that's a toss.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Huh. Rapaport saying Boom Herron was cut. Guess they like Josh Robinson.

Duron Carter and Tre McBride both made it to their respective practice squads. Gray unclaimed.

He got injured returning a kick iirc. There was some questions why they were using their backup RB to return kicks in a preseason game.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Its Miller Time posted:

I've changed the draft date of my redraft fantasy football league to Monday 9/7 at 8:30PM ET.

To reiterate, it is a $50 buy in, 12 teams ESPN, 2/3/1 RB/WR/flex, 1 PPR and 6 PPPTD. Winner nets a cool $500. I do a brief commentary every week that I've been told is funny. This has garnered praise from several highly respected sources including my girlfriend and people on the internet such as Noted Fantasy Football Player Amergin:

Thread with leaguesafe and ESPN links: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...0#post449543454

We have 7/10 or 12. I'll drop it to 10 people and add a flex position if we can't fill 12. Do your goonly patriotic duty and join .

I'd love to join, but that link isn't working for me.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Benne posted:

:siren: Terrance West traded to Titans, David Cobb placed on IR/designated to return

Also not as significant but does mean something, Jay Ajayi is placed on IR to return. Does this bump up Miller's stock?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Got zach ertz currently at tight end. Available tight ends are julius thomas, charles clay, jason witten, jordan cameron, vernon davis.

Its only an 8 man social league.

Should i drop ertz for one of the above?

I'd take Witten, his stats have declined, but he should still see decent #'s.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Titans are working out Jonas Gray, lol.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm trying to work up a trade that involves me giving up Amari Cooper for DeAndre Hopkins, do you guys think it would be worth it or do i just stick with Cooper? 1 PPR league

I'm thinking both players will be soaking up targets, i just don't know which QB to trust more. Also trying to target Jordan Matthews too.

Will be giving up some RB depth if it happens, but hopefully Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman at least get's me flex numbers by the time my starting RB's byes come around.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 8, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

commish posted:

If you could do that, you should do it. It would be a tough sell, as Amari is unproven and a rookie.

Would Jordan Matthews be a decent upgrade over Cooper? The guy who owns Matthews has a RB trio of Eddie Lacy, Danny Woodhead, and Joseph Randle, and he's currently starting Woodhead in his RB2 spot. I could give up Amari + Ameer for Matthews + Woodhead/Randle.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Tevin Coleman is listed as the starter with Freeman still injured. Dear god, i hope he puts up a good game monday so he can win the job since i have him on my bench.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm debating sneaking Tevin into some daily lineups as a cheap starter because of this news. Still on the fence though.

He might be a decent flex for week 1 if Freeman is ruled out, but it's against PHI DEF, who aren't too bad against the run.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

I went boom or bust with my TE picks this year, 12 team league, typical PPR settings.

Picked Brent Celek late betting he'll start over an injured Ertz, and picked Virgil Green super-late hoping he'll overtake Owen Daniels as Denver's #1 TE. Kyle Rudolph has just hit the waiver wire and I'm unfamiliar with Minnesota's offense, should I pick him up over either of those other two? He's listed as the Viking's #1 TE but they don't seem to use him as a receiver too often? I've also got Dion Lewis on my bench, who I think will do work for NE this year.

Kyle Rudolph is mostly used as a red zone threat, so he's always a chance for TD receptions, but not so much anything else.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Crunkjuice posted:

How much do you guys let rainy conditions affect your QB choices? I was locked in with Big Ben tonight, but with the rain i'm rethinking it for Tannehill. Does rain really affect fantasy that much?

Since neither team has a legit starting RB right now, i'd still expect them to pass a lot.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I think i could potentially trade away Arian Foster for Julio Jones, and would like some 2nd opinions. My current roster is

Randall Cobb, Jarvis Landry, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, Markus Wheaton, and Tyler Lockett
Lamar Miller, Le'veon Bell, Arian Foster, Alfred Blue

WR/WR/WR/RB/RB/WRT .5 ppr

Trading Foster away would have me losing a top 5 RB when healthy and leaving me incredibly thin at RB, but i would gain a potential overall #1 WR.
I'm thinking on a byeless week, i'd be starting a combo of

WR COBB
WR JONES
WR LANDRY
RB BELL
RB MILLER
FLEX ALLEN/ROBINSON

I'm just worried my RB bench would be non existent after.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Dandy Kaiser posted:

No, you do that poo poo right now, then find the guy who has no WRs and trade two of Allen/Robinson/Wheaton (e: preferably Allen/Wheaton) for his RB3.

Jones/Cobb/Landry in a 3WR PPR league with LVB and Miller at RB is deadly.

Ok he's agreed in principle to a deal of Foster + Wheaton for Julio Jones + Fred Jackson

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
His current starting RB's are Randle, Hyde, Crowell@FLEX, and a bench of Gurley, Knile Davis and Fred Jackson.

I saw his RB's and is why i even approached with the trade.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I drafted AB 1st and 3rd overall in both my full PPR league. He's just a monster in any PPR league and probably the most consistent week to week. Also because i always go WR heavy in any PPR league no matter what and i have yet to miss the playoffs so ain't fixin' what ain't broke.

Only person i might consider trading him for is Bell and even then i'd have to at least get back a startable WR also.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 11, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

a shameful boehner posted:

I missed out on Golden Taint due to waivers order :argh: but the same team that dropped Tate just dropped Cobb. Brandon Marshall is also on waivers.

Cobb is obviously a better pickup than Mike Wallace by a huge degree, but I'm pretty sure I'll miss that claim as well. Is Marshall better than Wallace given the horrific QB situation in Jetsland?

What the poo poo kind of league is this

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

pmchem posted:

I'd drop sankey TBH. TEN clearly doesn't have faith in him and their OLine sucks anyway.

My own question:

What kind of value does Alfred Blue have right now? If you own him, what do you do? Sit and wait, or see what you can still get in trade? What kind of trade value does he actually have in PPR? RB3, WR3, WR4, ...? Anyone care to name names?

Trade value is probably pretty small for a RB who's potentially only starting for 2-4 weeks, and not a very good RB at that. In IDP league's, i wouldn't even be surprised if JJ Watt outscored him in fantasy.

I'm also currently starting him in my league while i wait for Le'veon Bell and Arian Foster to come back. so not really liking it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So with me owning Hilton and him being out for a few weeks, would it be worth it for me to trade DeVante Parker for Moncrief? Parker will eventually be starting, but by then Hilton will probably be back already and right now i have John Brown who will most likely be going to Hiltons spot but could use another viable bench player.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm super conflicted about this. Parker could be Miami's WR1.5 with Landry within the next 3-4 weeks. However, if Moncrief shows well with Hilton out, he could play himself into being Luck's WR2 ahead of AJ80 even after Hilton comes back. And he looked decent today, didn't he? I think I'd take the risk and make the trade but only after waiting another day or two to get an update on Hilton's timeline.

Well i'm currently starting Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, and TY Hilton at the flex with John Brown and DeVante Parker on the bench, So barring another Injury, Parker would only play on Bye weeks atm anyways and even then i might not even pick him over Brown. But i may just stick with Brown and hope no one else goes down and Hilton is back before any bye weeks.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

VietCampo posted:

So i worked out a deal giving up Ellington + Aghalor for Keenan Allen + Abdullah, i'm really liking this trade. On one side, Abdullah has the potential and situation to do as well or better than Ellington and i think Keenan Allen gives me an upgrade over Aghalor.

Uh, this trade is working out a lot better than i had hoped. Ellington got carted to the locker room while Abdullah looks like the real deal and Keenan Allen has a ton of catches.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Well Cole Beasley is now the Cowboys #2 wideout like that one guy predicted, just not in the way he was predicting.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

SeannieDarko posted:

So my work league has very short benches, only 4 deep. .5PPR, .25 for completions.

QB - Rivers
WR - Megatron, Cooks, Landry, Wright, Stevie
RB - Forte, Gore, J-Stew, Blue
TE - Reed
D/ST - Titans (I stream)
K - Dawson

Should I drop Blue for Mathews? Woodhead, Vereen, Duke Johnson, David Johnson, and Tre Mason available. Any of those better options? Perhaps Woodhead?

I'd drop Blue for probably any of those guys, he's a bum. His situation is also looking like a RBBC now until Foster returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

cheese posted:

gently caress, sorry, my bad. This is yahoo.

There should be a way to see league changes under commish notes. Just change from Notes to Changes.

• Locked thread