Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So in a draft this weekend, people went TE crazy and left me with Josh Hill. Any chance Rodgers is a better option there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

How crazy? Is Rodgers the best option out there? Did any of Walker, Eifert, or Owen Daniels go undrafted?

All gone. Daniels in particular went super early to a guy citing Daniels as being great under Kubiak in Houston.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Boy, I sure drafter Charles Johnson in 75% of my leagues.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
14 team, .5ppr I was using ASJ. Is is worth trading Stevie for Vernon Davis? It'd leave my WR group as Amari Cooper, Landry, Allen Robinson, Leonard Hankerson and Charles Johnson. Best options beside that guys like RichRodge or Crocket Gillmore. I could possibly get Ebron for Stevie, but my last one for one trade offer with that guy was countered with crazy 3 for 4 swap sending Stevie, ARob, and Matt Jones for Ebron, Boldin, Tyrod Taylor, and Dez.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Amergin posted:

Right now it looks like David Johnson will be the goal line back and act as a boom/bust 3/20/1 average week, Chris Johnson is the main back and Ellington will be a pass catcher and change-of-pace.

Personally I want no part of that backfield.

It's like the return of Tim Hightower. There's nothing like winning a game in a hopeless week because of a random 20 yard 2 TD effort.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Thwomp posted:

I'd love to see what other leagues paid for Charmander. Guy in my league spent $42 ($100 total budget) on his successful bid.

$52/125 and $120/200 in 2 of mine.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Is there a way to see the winning FAAB bid on NFL.com? I can't seem to find it.

On the league page, below Standings, is the Activity heading that shows recent pickups, drops, those awards, etc. Below that is small line that says View All: Transactions, Messages, LM Changes. Click on Transactions.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Awesome, thank you. Not sure why they make it so hidden.

e: I bid $102/$200 on West. Winning bid was $120.

Yeah, I'd bid like $77 in that one.

What I'm really not sure is why they show Roster Changes. Now everyone can see at a glance I benched DGB (don't judge me) for Andrews this week.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Fast Luck posted:

If someone adds a guy off waivers, that team will move to the back of the waiver ranking list, back to 10/10 in your league. If they add a guy once the waiver period has ended, out of free agency, their rank doesn't change. It makes sense that you've slowly gone from 10 to 9 to 8 really, it means one guy ahead of you in the ranks has added someone off waivers each week, unless I'm terribly mistaken.

That's one way to do it. Or it could re-set based on standing. The League Settings page ought to specify.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

SlipUp posted:

I feel like it's a domino effect. You really just need like 2 or 3 teams to grab an extra QB or TE and then the pantry starts looking pretty bare, so some other teams grab an extra, than the next group is in a panic because there's only a couple of guys left and garbage after that. Then nobody wants to waive anybody because there's nobody worth replacing them with and there's no trades because nobody has any leverage. Then somebody gets hurt or sucks and you're staring at Landry Jones on the waiver wire with a sickening feeling in your gut that even the cheapest rye can't burn away.

Yeah. I'm in a league with goons, who would in theory know better. 12 team league, only 13 defenses on the wire, which means more than half the league is carrying an extra DST. A few are carrying multiple kickers. At least one team is carrying 2 K and 2 D.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

GZA Genius posted:

I'm in a tough bind. Should I start Watkins over Willie Snead and Karlos Williams? Or sit him because Thursday game/Revis Island...

My other 2 WR starters are AJ Green and Amari Cooper.

ARob just put up 120 yards on the Jets. Is Tyrod to Watkins worse than Bortles to ARob?

That's not much of an answer, but I think it's a fair sign that the Revis Jets aren't as scary as they were against WRs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
FAAB is basically the best and other waiver systems are just differing degrees of dumb.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Freezer posted:

I don't believe there's a player that has proven more detrimental to their owners than first round pick Eddie Lacy this year. If by some miracle I make the playoffs, I'll keep being pestered by the Lacy/Starks decision week to week.

I paid $79 for him in a 14 team auction.

Still 8-4 and a lock for the playoffs. That's why when the time comes, I'm going to do the right thing and nominate Ingram, Landry and ARob as MVPs, as I'm riding them to victory.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Dandy Kaiser posted:

hightower is going to score like 15 ppg through the playoffs and carry people to championships because that's exactly how this dumb game works

I totally won a game many years ago due to a desperate Hightower play where he was like 30 yards and 2 TDs. The low yardage+TD was pretty much his signature game with the Cards. There is absolutely a chance he gets you 18 yards and leaves you sad though.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So what's the worst receiver you'd consider playing instead if Dez this week?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Any top ~25 receiver for sure, a little lower if the match up is nice

Seriously considering Tavon Austin, who fits these criteria.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

the_american_dream posted:

Im currently starting Tyler Lockett over Dez and the only other way im leaning is maybe going Bolden in that spot instead. :sigh: I miss you Dez

I started Tavon Austin over him and am a very happy camper.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pangstrom posted:

I'd keep OBJ but I'm not super confident about that.

A little early, maybe, but is there a good summary of who will / won't play in week 17? If I can win this goddamn league I will be the commissioner next year and won't do this week 17 final playoff game poo poo.

Yeah, I'm in 2 championship games this week. Stupid late playoffs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Didn't he rupture his Achilles or something far more brutal than an ACL tear? I think a 5th will be too much.

Achilles. I don't see drafting Foster at all next year. I have to think Langford stands a chance at being up there. Forte's a UFA and I don't see them making a big push for a 30 year old RB, especially given the trade rumors in October.

As good as Woodhead was this year, I can't see taking him as a top 10 RB next year. That depends on the coaching situation in San Diego, I suppose. The few games he was just completely shut out of the game late in the season are worrying.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

cheese posted:

Not worried at all about Austin or that bad team?

Gurley wound up a top RB with that same situation and missing the first 4 games. Austin may vulture a TD or two, but he's a gadget player, not someone who's going to wind up with a ton of carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So where do you see Luck going next year? Is he a good bounce back candidate or someone you're not touching?

• Locked thread