Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RIP my thread, it was legendary, but too good for this world. Bow down to your Imperium overlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GROON owns. I love you GROON

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

smg77 posted:

Somebody buy Vyst a Hillmooncat avatar to celebrate the life and death of his legendary thread.

This is a terrible idea Skunk gently caress you

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Me right now not having to maintain the EVE thread

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

causticBeet posted:

The best part about being a goon in EVE is ignoring strat op pings to poo poo around in syndicate. Also getting bored of your solo roam, picking a lovely fight, losing your ship, and getting enough SRP to buy two.

This is hilarious for a number of reasons.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

darth cookie posted:

So I suddenly went to -500 rep. Is that something someone had to bribe a moderator to do or is it random?

Rep was randomized -10000/10000 because KarmaFleet spergs got all upset about Frabba carpetbomb neg repping them.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

scandoslav posted:

You know what? I take this back. I've had more than one nerd tell me they would've quit Eve/Waffe if it wasn't for our little group, so we're providing a good and useful service just by being cool funhavers.

Here's the thing. Space Violence, is not useful. It's fun, but not useful. It hasn't been useful since SUAS left. Useful is being able to assist with strategic objectives, or harass enemies from participating against us. You provide zero value to either of those objectives, because you stay in Syndicate all the time, so as a result you're not useful at all. The directorate however let's you exist for now because you do provide fun for people during peacetime, which is useful during peacetime, but during wartime and strategic op time you are the furthest thing from useful you can be.

You're effectively like those Russians that would never leave Curse/Perrigen Falls and still tried claiming reimbursement.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

Um that's garnt, he's in holesquad

Holesquad is the same thing, except I'd argue they aren't even GoonFleet since they are their own entire subculture.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zasze posted:

Vyst you do realize blwarf and the sky team gives us tasks all the time like clear out fountain core or deploy to help allies right? We used to go to tribute/venal whenever asked to hit towers or do leg work when people were trying to gently caress with our stuff during alliance deployments.

The whole sv is useless and does there own thing meme hasnt applied in atleast 2 years.

We have even yet to turn down a single "strat" assignment or call to deploy to a warzone ever other than mostly ironic poo poo posting.

If the war was in Cobalt Edge, would you have gone?

Easy to say "sure we'll help" when the war is right next door to you.

But you are right you did help when Blawrf asked so I will give you that credit.

vyst fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 8, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I guess for me, on a personal level, I feel like a group that makes it a point to be "the cool high school kids out in the parking lot smoking cigarettes in leather jackets" rubs me the wrong way. You're either with us, or you're not. I feel like SV, and subsequently HoleSquad have always been this "supplemental" group to GoonFleet rather than something complimentary to it.

I have nothing against the players. Y'all are cool with me as far as that goes. I do draw an issue with their concept and implementation. HoleSquad kind of gets a pass because CCP's role system is retarded in that regard though.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Also, since we're gonna :smug: about who is and isnt useful, when was the last time you actually undocked, vyst:allears:

I log in every day to do my space work. That's my contribution. If you don't find it useful, you can take it up with the mittani.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

blowfish posted:

why not just make them dockable and be done with it :ccp:

Because this would make too much loving sense

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Free vouch into ISRAD for any holesquad dude who awoxes Mara Tessidar's Paladin and steals his poo poo.

lol nobody wants to be vouched into ISRAD hth

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

Whatever happened to the queen of Sirenswarm who had a meltdown at a custom title?

She's still around and kicking.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Fyi the only BBQ you can do really well in a slow cooker is pulled pork. You need that caramelization and heavy smoke for other cuts of meat.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The only time you cocksuckers need to worry about audits is if you stop getting reimbursed for ships.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

quote:

(5/19/2015 12:35:29 AM) deadtear: hey Innominate idk if you've been hit up yet, but if not, expect to be because some fag shot some other fag's expensive battleship
(12:37:32 AM) deadtear: somebody shot pooki bear's riced out nightmare
(12:37:46 AM) nymblar: remember when pooki bear was kicked
(12:37:52 AM) deadtear: yeah and that owned
(12:37:56 AM) nymblar: c
(12:38:17 AM) deadtear: anyway with, from what i can tell from all the lovely second hand accounts, sketchy as gently caress reasons
(7:08:36 AM) Innominate: If you bring a ship the FC explicitly tells you not to bring I don't see a problem with the FC blowing you up.

JABBA LEAKS

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

koreban posted:

I haven't been in a position to make a shootblues call for about 2 years

And we're all the better for it!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I guess I don't know how you can stand with pooki when you're banned from entering the premises to stand with him.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

People are butthurt because it was pooki bear and not some unknown fool. I bet if the victim was some ally turd nobody would give a poo poo. They'd probably applaud the fc.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Owned.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

People who use the term wife aggro unironically prob should stop treating their spouse as an object tia.

Aren't you single? lol

Tell us more about successful relationships.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

And how you solicit prostitutes regularly.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

I mean if YOU MUST know I'm in a very happy relationship. Here's a pic of my girlfriend LIFE SUPPORT MECHANISM FOR A VAGINA

Just kidding I"m looking for the right one to get married with and have a KFC catered wedding with like Remedial.

Please don't shame me for occasionally wanting to get choked out by 7 foot tall swedish chicks while I take a strap on up the butte. Its not exactly a thing you spring on the chick you've just met!?!?!

Fat is beautiful.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Because if we said POS SHOT FLEET COME JOIN all the time we'd never destroy any POS or win any wars you dumbos.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Nietzschean posted:

The staggering number of Siege Fleet paplinks and Baltecs-with-ninja-Dreads fleets that I successfully ran over the course of a couple of years (:ssh: also several drone fleet welps :shobon:) begs to differ.

This was a time before siege fleet. Because siegefleet was kind of a neat concept.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xolve posted:

It's been a year.

And we were talking about less annoying and more entertaining FCs in GSF- SUAS was always good for a laugh, a song, and sometimes a copious amount of self worth (depending on if the conversation devolved into cocaine addiction, again); speaking of cocaine, that little miracle drug was completely responsible for this gem (had to settle for the soundcloud since the soundboard link doesn't work anymore :rip:).

SUAS hasn't been relevant for a while lets be honest

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's mostly just hit up Vyst about getting transferred from MWO only to all of GF access if I recall. There should be a post in the MWO subforum about it.

Yes

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wonder whats going to happen when CCP is forced to go on strike because ~Icelandic unions~

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

If you're really suggesting that someone spends their one hour of eve time a day loving afk ratting then you are the dumbest piece of poo poo I have ever had the misfortune of coming across.

While I agree he's a dumb piece of poo poo, people are free to do whatever makes them the most content with their gaming experience and one should not belittle the choices!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey guys I haven't seen it asked but what is fozziesov about? Anything new going on with the game?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hi

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

doing well i just saw mad max and had some sex and then some frozen yogurt live is p good

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If you ever feel bad about the state of eve just read the star citizen thread on better and it will make you realize things aren't as bad as they seem

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ullerrm posted:

They actually just created another ship to fundraise with. :shobon:

To be honest, I'm in the group that thinks that SC will actually get made. The real question is: when, and in what state. Even if they stuck to their original schedule, they've said that they plan to finish their single-player campaign before they start working on the persistent universe; the persistent universe won't even be in alpha until late 2016 / early 2017. And that's on the original schedule, which they are currently nine months behind.

Imagine the changes that are going to come to the gaming world between now and 2017. That's an entire console generation, folks. At a minimum, NVidia will have the Pascal architecture out, Intel's going to be starting their 10nm Tick cycle with Cannonlake. There's a devil's choice to be made at that time: "delay to bring it up to snuff" versus "release something that looks like rear end by modern standards."

For comparison, if you take the same two years and look back at 2013, the new hotness was Dust 514. (The original version, before the graphics patch.)

The level at which nerds scrutinize the minutiae of every little thing CIG does good and bad created an unrealistic expectation from the outset. With that said, Croberts did a lot of that to himself because he had to sucker idiots to pay their salaries before a game was even made.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cap I see you posting if you still want to goon eve pm me here

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

#capfreed

:smugdog:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Swags posted:

Hey space-rocks nerds. I

'm DMing a Star Wars game and my players found someone that wants to give them a prototype ship. I was looking for interesting never-seen-in-Star-Wars type ships and came around to the Exequror, Algos, Ferox, and Harbinger, all of which looked kind of cool.

I'm wondering if any of you guys know of any deck plans for any of these ships. I want to print them off to use them as a tabletop map for the crew to run around. I haven't figured out which ship to give them yet -- leaning towards the Harbinger or the Exequror -- but any of them would be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHrtA8Pab-s

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

from this mortal coil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vermeul posted:

Quickest way is in is to send Vyst a couple quick dick pics. Preferably, from different angles/lighting

Love me some artistic dick pics

• Locked thread