Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Charging 100 isk more per M3 than the alternative. I should be surprised that people still take him up on it but instead I'm just fascinated.

Woulda cost me the price of a domi to move my domi, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Glad I moved it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

I haven't done the math but it could very well be viable to blow up the Dominix for the insurance and then have the module shipped to Jita to sell them.

I was thinking about it but ended up moving it myself. I just remembered looking in SMart for that thread and doing the math on my rigged domi, and ended up moving it in a convoy.

Also, as a space poor, I

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

hey guys, i made some gazpacho, who wants a bowl?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Karl Sharks posted:

What if you're returning, no idea if I am vacationing or what, and I don't have access to e-mail I used back then and don't remember login info for forums?

You could try emailing newbies@goonfleet.com

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Helpimscared posted:

Does sriracha count? I like sriracha

:getin:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

This is actually the graphic that made me start playing EVE.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I feel bad for any of the J4Gs who try to join 9 months from now having to read through the first 20 pages with a growling stomach and no food in the fridge at 3am, trying to figure out the secret to goons.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If you came back now, you'd be situated and up to date on how to play the game again by the time something noteworthy happens, which may be soon.

:shrug:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

It should be able to be fit for instawarp, but time (and nerfs) will tell.

Also if you have suggestions, its not like these changes are set in stone.

Give him your suggestions directly maybe? Fozzie might not have an SA account (lol)

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

About two months ago I started training a new pilot to be an OGB Tengu booster. Just finished all the relevant 5's for fitting, and am about to inject all the subsystem skills.

So uh before I take the 2 months to train the skill and the subsystems, is Tengu still the undisputed king of OGB for goonwaffe fleets? Should I even bother with training command ships at this point, or just wait and see how boosting changes ~whenever that stuff happens~ ?

Be careful with how you answer, as approximately 2 days after my pilot is able to sit in a Tengu, they will be nerfed.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

Won't this seemingly put a bit of a damper on roaming gangs if every null Alliance is encouraged to pack absolutely as many bodies into a system at once? And as one of the above mentioned it seems strange to rework the system to make it harder to hold while not offering much more encouragement for actually holding it. Player density is cool and good but it seems like hubris to assume people will want to live in nullsec just cause'

EDIT: Thanks for the explanation

You make it seem as if :ccp: thinks these things through. Evidence exists showing the opposite.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Looks like a new meta is born... how soon can everybody get into a Phoenix?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46815650/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

vyst posted:

Hey guys I haven't seen it asked but what is fozziesov about? Anything new going on with the game?

All Titans have grown sentient and have turned against their owners, absorbing their capsuleer pilot's corpse transforming it into one giant hive mind

Also they are bringing back aoe DD'ing through cynos but only for NPCs

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Was on my bank guy in Jita and happened to log in at the right time, just as some kid in caldari provisions started whining about getting blown up.

The gist of it is that he killed some guy in Jita yesterday and didn't understand how kill rights work before undocking in a faction battleship today.

This game just makes me so happy sometimes.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Traveller posted:

I got a solo kill! Someday my killboard will be in the green. Eventually.

That happens, right? :ohdear:

In Miniluv it does.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Hexel posted:

I havent been paying attention to eve lately but did Nulli just lose a supercap fleet?

Sources say: maybe

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=2355,2318&b=6521400&e=240&t=rvvvf&r=1&ro=105

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Swags posted:

Hey space-rocks nerds. I

'm DMing a Star Wars game and my players found someone that wants to give them a prototype ship. I was looking for interesting never-seen-in-Star-Wars type ships and came around to the Exequror, Algos, Ferox, and Harbinger, all of which looked kind of cool.

I'm wondering if any of you guys know of any deck plans for any of these ships. I want to print them off to use them as a tabletop map for the crew to run around. I haven't figured out which ship to give them yet -- leaning towards the Harbinger or the Exequror -- but any of them would be useful.

Found one for an Apoc, but it's not top-down.
http://i.imgur.com/7GbhFwS.jpg

There's some wireframes that you might be able to get some ideas from here: http://www.eve-search.com/thread/756385/author/Verone#2

Not too much else I can pull out with Google-fu, but interesting question - I hope some of the vets have some neat links to help you out.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

orange juche posted:

Hey fuckers, stop posting bad ok? You all sound like salty cunts right now.

Don't get pissed because someone disgraced your NPSI honour brawl because that just makes you look dumb as gently caress for getting upset over a video game.

People showed up, a revenant died, and blues were shot. Op success.

E: I haven't even logged on to eve in weeks, and you guys make me want to log in even less.

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Aurum prices are now fixed, or sold out. You lucky bastards.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

wtb dual character training certs :(

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Poopsocks posted:

The MMO scene is stale for me right now and I keep gravitating to come try EVE out. I will admit I have tried the free trial several times but just could never get the hang of the game. I never joined up with goons, so I am considering giving it a try grouping up with you lot.

I love reading about stuff that happens in EVE, I just want to get involved with it, but don't know how.

Karmafleet dude. Karmafleet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/karmafleet

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Saying goodbye to the SRP was the hardest thing I've ever done.

i got paid 130 million isk plus 14 million isk in insurance to welp a sabre two nights ago

:unsmith:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

supersnowman posted:

Can I delete someone else's install with remote hull rep?

you can but only with the 28 day train for T2

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

icarus posted:

Dang I was rejected to GoonSwarm because I don't post enough. I'm starting my own club for lurkers only.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmafleet/

You don't need to post to get into Karmafleet, and you can enjoy 90% of the same resources Goonwaffe members enjoy.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CashEnsign posted:

Even the quality posting?

The posting on the Karmafleet subreddit has been a lot better than the last 10 pages of this thread, that much I know.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

vyst posted:

The mittani just said if I posted in this thread again that I'd be firedbecause of my statements and their negative impact on her imperium

Whoops

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nietzschean posted:

Back on the topic of EVE Online, I just read in a thread on goonfleet forums that clone costs were removed? That's an amazing change. When did it happen?

Shortly after you left, actually. It's been pretty dope. The only way AFAIK to lose SP anymore is with T3 strategic cruisers.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

darth cookie posted:

Is the goonwaffe bonus still in effect and thus the payout on those hulls work out to 400 mill peacetime before the cap? I haven't had to put in for reimbursement for a long long time.

That's what my money is on.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mr Crustacean posted:

Because it's generally socially regarded as a bad thing to be the first person trying to gently caress with someone.

i do not think this game is for you

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Azuth0667 posted:

You could even do like a drug addled psychotic person did and buy PLEX to sell so you can rat.

Like this guy! https://zkillboard.com/kill/47175359/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nietzschean posted:

Hey flanders do you offer fitting consultation via PMs or jabber? If not then I don't want to fill up your inbox with poo poo you don't want. :shobon:

You unsubbed's are going to take up all of Flanders's's'es time. Let us dudes who are still paying for our accounts hassle him first. There's only so much Flanders's's's to go around.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shadin posted:

I made the mistake of reinstalling EVE on a fresh format last night and resubbing just to check it out. Haven't played in few years. I didn't even know what the hell I was doing and I already want to log back in right after work.

Where are the Goons at these days? I wasn't in the corp before but figure if I stick with it this time I should probably apply and try some nullsec.

It's all in the first post. We're in Deklein. Probably would be easiest for you to join Karmafleet, an off-shoot of Goonswarm, enjoying the sweet Deklein life. Check it out here https://www.reddit.com/r/karmafleet

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shadin posted:

Awesome, thanks, I'll check it out. Hopefully I don't have to actually use Reddit though. :P

Well, sorry, but at least you only have to use it once.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

it is me

i am the one guy in goons who keeps clicking paplinks

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Nietzschean posted:

In Burn Amarr news: So far there has been 3 billion spent on reimbursements, and the speed of catalyst suicide has reached a rate which surpasses my ability to poopsock payments.

Thanks for the heads up, knowing me I woulda put off all of these until the last minute and lost interest. Thanks for the free money!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

What about Vegan Chili

I heard that that is a thing

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So for anyone who didn't see the EVE Valkyrie footage from E3, you can check out some gameplay footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XzMLg-yA6Q

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Treason.

Treason.

TREASON.

TREASON.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zerilan posted:

Ah, cool. I bought a normal account so no queue limit.

On that note, I started Calidari, and a lot of poo poo on the wiki mentions how good the minmatar Rifters are. Is it worth it adding minmatar frigate to my skill queue early for that or are the cheap calidari ships pretty sufficient?

The wiki is years old. Rifters haven't been the newbee ship dujour in as many years. Stick with Caldari.

The only Minmatar Frigates we use in goon space seem to be Bursts (for healing Harpyfleets)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

r00tn00b posted:

I am thinking about coming back to eve, is scamming still a good source of income?

Probably the best. You'd think eventually every single EVE player would have eventually been scammed and would eventually know better, but nope.

• Locked thread