Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You're in luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

CHECKMATE

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"This 16 year old comedy website full of idiots is the ideal place for the gamer revolution" - a sane individual.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"Is your son a fighter?"
"He was doctor. Until he saw those pixel shaders..."

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I laugh every time at that cutscene where Roche falls off a bridge, rolls to his feet as he yells gently caress and immediately punches a dude in the face.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

That location would be Steam\userdata\XXXXX\20920\remote

XXXXX being your unique Steam ID

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

No equipment ports over, there would be no reason for it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I found a place where theres a dude with a quest marker on his head who I think is bugged and it won't go away and that symbol is sitting on my map taunting me till the end of time, gently caress this game.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Will the game tell me when the point of no return is or should I just kinda guess it from context? I'm doing my sidequests only when they are level equivalent to the main quest and don't want to find out the main quest only goes up to level 25 or something while sidequests go up to a million.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Btw in case you feel like sperging the gently caress out, the money people will give for a contract seems to be random so if you reload they will have a different minimum and maximum amount available for haggling. So if a peasant is being a shitlord and saying 210 crowns is too pricey you can reload and he might think 340 is a sweet deal.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Verranicus posted:

Why do people sometimes randomly start screaming and running away from me when I haven't done a drat thing?

Hostiles are nearby.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

alex314 posted:

I urge anyone to read those boards you usually check for witcher contracts only, I've found this gem in Oxenfurt:

Ahahaha

For dudes that don't know Latin you probably can guess the general idea of what this says but the ancient salute is basically "gently caress Radovid in the face and sodomise him"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

One of the final skills in the sword tree lets you cast a sign using adrenaline and it's cast as if it has all its upgrades. This unlocks the achievement for filling out a tree completely haha.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Theres like 3 times as many monsters as in Witcher 3 what the hell are you on about?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Quorum posted:

One of the solutions is pretty obvious and results from following the quest directions. If you actually pay attention when the game tells you to find the key, and then go ask the witness why he lied, you get the solution without much fuss. The secondary solution, though, where you feed him his own meat, is pretty unintuitive. The curse solution is hinted at when Geralt offers him the meat of his own free will, and when he drops werewolf meat the first time, but actually putting it together requires guessing, and the fact that he tried eating his own meat really throws you off. Most people I know who got that solution did so by trial and error.

Regarding the second solution: If you explore one of the buildings you find his severed leg attached to a manacle and he talks about how some dudes locked him up and he bit through his own leg to escape but his own flesh just touching his mouth burned the poo poo outta him like literal fire in his mouth. Theres an intuitive leap to make from there, especially considering theres a prompt to feed him inventory items.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The sad thing about Gwent if you want to run a deck other than Northern Realms then by the time you've got something competitive theres not really anyone left to play.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

For real the Yennefer relationship is really good, not like she's the hottest babe to gently caress but she and Geralt act like real people with each other and both of them talking about Ciri and trying to be good parents to her is great and so not-videogamelike at all.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The combat is nothing like the Arkham games or Dark Souls.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You better believe when I saw the dialogue option to have a riddle contest with some trolls that I hammered the gently caress outta that button.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You know maybe these mages would have an easier time of hiding if they wore anything other than wizard robes and sexy babe sorceress outfits.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Blue Raider posted:

that whole part of the game kind of lost me too. i almost think the complexity of that part was intentional

It is

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

His is called Blueboy because as a child he always used to be covered in bruises from getting into fights with his mates and/or getting the poo poo beaten out of him by his dad.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

mcbexx posted:

Well, I'm no longer getting Gwent cards from random, previously unvisited vendors and inn keepers.

I have a couple of Gwent related quests left: Zoltan, that druid fellow in Skellige and the high stakes tourney.

Please tell me there's plenty more after that.

I hope the inevitable enhanced edition will add open Gwent tournaments or a Gwent horde mode.

When you stop getting Gwent cards from random merchants that means you've got all the cards that aren't found in specific places.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Geralt is more hosed up and Witchery than the other Witchers because he had more experiments done on him as a kid. That's why he's less animated than the others. Also his VA is great and really gets Geralt's character, especially his sense of humour.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Letho is a giant loving musclebeast with no neck and talks like a bumpkin, everyone assumed he was a complete idiot and he played along.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Lambert is a complete shithead, he literally uses the phrase "I'm just telling it like it is" :smug: to excuse his terrible people skills.

That doesn't make him a bad character though, he and Eskel are both representative of stereotypical ways of how witchers are often perceived but they are both still relatable dudes. Plus the dude looks sick in a hat.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Nothing compares to Tassledick.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Just finished the game. I find it odd they decided to do some inverse difficulty in fighting the Hunt generals. Imlerith was the hardest for me, followed by Eredin, then Caranthir.

PRO TIP: When Caranthir summons ice elementals, but them between you and Caranthir. When Caranthir shoots ice balls at you, they all hit the ice elementals and will two shot them.

Imlerith is the head soldier guy so beyond not being the final boss you could assume he was the strongest.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

But Odrin is already in the game!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You are always parental with Ciri but its based on if you are controlling or supportive.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I got a million time better at fist fights when I started holding the counter button for about half a second instead of just immediately releasing it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Yennifer just drew a humorous moustache on a portrait of some jerk and she was in a pun contest with Geralt earlier she is the greatest.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"Why the gently caress did you bring the Kingslayer?"

"Eredin's a king isn't he?"

"gently caress you"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It doesn't matter what that one guy did, all Cat school witchers are scum.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

He did but Dandelion didn't tell that part of the story.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Doesn't matter what Triss did in the books, Yennefer is funnier and way more in synch with Geralt. Phillipa is right about Triss acting like Ciri's big sister and how creepy that is.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Angry Joe and his pals are in the game as retarded trolls so if they got paid it was maybe related to that.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It wont help completionist OCD but if you are just worried about missing something good, those statue quests don't really get you anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Triss is the immature choice for fairytale loving teenagers, Yen is the mature choice for pun loving dads.