Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this has probably been answered plenty of times, but has anyone found a journeymen blacksmith? trying to make the griffin school weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Bort Bortles posted:

You would have to define "best armour".

probably meant bear

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cimber posted:

Ok, i have not waded through the entire thread to see if this has been mentioned or not, but I think i found a plothole in 'family matters'.

If Annie fled and was carried off into the woods where she meets the crones who tell her they can rid her of her pregnancy for a year of service, how did she have the miscarriage in the castle? Did she go back to lose the kid then flee again? Or did she agree to it, they caused her to miscarry and then she fled to the woods to start her year of service.

Also did anyone else pick up on the fact that the Bloody Baron probably raped her in a drunken stupor one night to get her pregnant? Because its obvious from the storyline that they probably were not making the beast with two backs that frequently, considering she loathed him.

she visited the crones before the abortion.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

heres a kinda weird question. does anyone know what mod the folder modaltnpcgear is from?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Why is the scar on the wrong eye?

pictures flipped, thats why his swords are on his left.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Drifter posted:

What does the picture of the Redanian herald look like when the troll paints it himself? Geralt's was fuckin' hilarious.

like the actual standard. but he thinks it looks bad compared to geralts.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Transmetropolitan posted:

Also why the gently caress did I lose the melee when I single-handedly wiped the floor out of the opposing team?

EDIT: what the hell did it twice and happened *again*

that doesnt sound right. i wiped the team and won it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i literally used cheat engine to win gwent every time.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

Is this your first playthrough? If so I'd recommend not looking at too many spoilers, as a general rule everything turns out lovely in the Witcher world.

IIRC here are the three possible outcomes:
1. Side with the crones, kill the tree spirit. Orphans get eaten, Anna is insane but otherwise whole and the Baron takes her away to try and heal her.
2. Side with the tree spirit, free it. The tree spirit frees the orphans and kills a bunch of the villagers in Downwarren, this pisses off the Crones so they turn Anna into a water hag. The Baron commits suicide.
3. Sequence-break and free the tree spirit before talking to the crones. Since the crones haven't tasked you to kill it yet, they're not mad and don't curse Anna. Ending is basically the same as #1 except the orphans survive.

whoah, what?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Zoolooman posted:

Do armor dyes drop in the main game since I have the DLC installed, even if there aren't any dye merchants until B&W?

no.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ROFLburger posted:

wait, are these alternatives to having Vesimir die? having Lambert die instead of Vesemir would own bones

no, Keira saves Lambert while hes getting mobbed near the entrance. Vesemir always gonna get got.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

finally beat blood and wine.

good game imo.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Also if you got Empress Ciri, didn't that mean you skipped the snowball fight? If so, that clearly isn't canonical and also you're a monster. :colbert:

empress ciri actually requires more good dad points to get so always do the snow ball fight.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

No it doesn't. It actually gives you more opportunities for good dad points

i thought it took 3/5 good dad points to get empress and only 2/4 points to get witcher.

e: also Empress Ciri with free Temeria/Queen Cerys is probably the best ending for the setting and why i chose it over Witcher Ciri, even if it bums geralt out.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 21, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Hairworks is fine if you use the one true haircut. (Shaved sides, long ponytail on top like the flashback in the beginning) ... and a full beard.

gently caress the Fabio hair of the books.

:yeah:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

yeah, the reason why witchers are a dying breed is because people are starting to get organized enough where a professional monster slayer isn't needed anymore in the eyes of most people.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Delacroix posted:

Yrden's slow scales with sign intensity, it's not a useful sign outside of its obligatory functions at low intensity (200% is a good amount). At one point it would reduce enemies to going through the motions of movement while effectively keeping them in place, it was nerfed to the ground naturally.

It's primary purpose is to 'trap' incorporeal enemies like noonwraiths so geralt can hit them. If you ever unlock its secondary mode, it can turn into a glyph that staggers nearby enemies, destroy projectiles and bring down flying monsters.

My take is that he wished for wealth (so he could win back approval from Iris' parents and marry her) and wished for both of them to immortal, using his brother's life.

Olgierd becomes completely detached from normal perspectives on life, becoming more extreme in pleasure seeking and initiating marital hell mode for Iris. She ends up dying of heartbreak but remained anchored to the world through sorrow, Gaunter can claim technical immortality.

Geralt enters a contract to escape and gets hit by a storm and a fight an ordinary man would die from. Then he's dragged into fulfilling the termination clause of Olgierd's contract so Gaunter can reap Olgierd's and Vlodomir's soul.

To answer 2house2fly, Gaunter always corrupts your wishes so pile on all the relevant aesops.

i assumed that it was less that he became detached from a normal perspective on life and that he just could not feel anything anymore because his heart was now stone.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

seeing as how the ending didn't say that ciri got loving murdered by nobles and was in fact an expert statesman while also being a decent person i assume the nobles didn't murder her.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

not bad

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dont you still get the sword if you kill him?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i think that tower did something to keira...

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Grouchio posted:

The Nilfgaardian Armor and Horse set looks absolutely dazzling!

yeah. i wish there was a cosmetic slot for armors, because that armor looks slick as heck.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

cat witcher is black and white as gently caress. if the quest was about geralt being hired by the village to kill the cat witcher after he had killed those 3 dudes, then it would of been morally ambiguous. but seeing as he massacred an entire village full of innocent people, i can't say the game tried to make me feel too bad about putting him down.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Is the "don't push Djikstra" bit in reference to an actual push, or just about how much poo poo you give him for being kind of a shady jackass? Coming up on the end of the game now and now he's dead and I'm not sure I ever got that dialogue prompt.

It's literal

If he died after trying to double
Cross Roche+others then you're already past where it came up.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 4, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Can I do the xpacs once I finish the main story? Or do I need to hold off and then complete hearts and b&w

heart of stone can be done before the main game is done, but the levels in it probably intend it to be done afterwards and only 1 thing is really changed if you do it before a certain story beat, but blood and wine is definitely an epilogue to the game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

you save olgierd because if you don't then the literal devil gets to keep on keeping on in the world.

but also you probably should kill whoreson junior. and maybe the cat witcher depending on your feelings of village murder.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 18, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Seriously. It's a choice between a lovely bandit and the literal devil. The moral choice is obvious. He stabbed a spoon through a guy's eye because he interrupted him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Senjuro posted:

But it's not exactly a choice between the two. Leaving Olgierd to his fate requires no action or involvement on your part. You're not necessarily siding with Gunther, you're simply not siding with Olgierd.

it very much is a choice between siding with a lovely bandit and the Literal Devil, because one choice lets the Literal Devil keep going on in the world, while the other choice banishes the Literal Devil out of it for a time.

standing aside while Gaunter takes Olgierd's soul lets the Literal Devil keep making deals with bad people that end up ruining and destroying innocent peoples lives.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 20, 2017