Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Don't forget echoes act 2 and in a silent way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Johnny pausing to take out his moleskine so he can take notes on Gyro's joke proves that Johnny is the JoJo on the highest irony level and should therefore be respected

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Names like Deadly Queen and Worse Company are good because they're silly bargain bin names that we got when Part 3 was coming out here like Devo becoming D'Bo or Rubber Soul becoming Robber Soul, where the spirit of the name is very much there. Ideally, you'd want all your names to be Shining Diamond or Reverb, something that mixes it up entirely, but strongly keeps the meaning, but yo localization is hard so whatever. The downsides are when we get stuff like Sex Pistols becoming Six Bullets or Sticky Fingers becoming Zipper Man because haha what. Still, those names are just necessities for JoJo to gain traction here so whatever, gimme all your Opal Jams and Li'l Bombers, I'm ready

Six bullets is the worst thing to ever happen to anyone

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
All the stand name changes SUCK except for Worse Company and Maiden Heaven

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I just realized something... couldn't The Hand have killed the nijimura father

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Valentine did some bad stuff, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. He was a good man and a fine leader. RIP

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The anime name changes dink me off because I really liked that all the stand names were just straight up songs names/band names... I don't mind reference names like Worse Company so much but I still prefer the original way

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
People who said their pet peeve is people complaining about the name changes I've got one word for you: The page with jolyne doing the world's gestures for "gently caress off"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

Yukako suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Hello Yukako. just kidding

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Dumbass: Duhhh stone ocean is meaningless because jolyne died and got replaced with irene
Me (Wisely):

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If I had to guess, Season 1 will be

Episode 6: Echoes
Episode 7: Surface, Part 1
Episode 8: Surface, Part 2
Episode 9: Yukako, Part 1
Episode 10: Yukako, Part 2
Episode 11: Italian Food
Episode 12: RHCP, Part 1
Episode 13: RHCP, Part 2

Then we'll get an OP/ED change for the next 13 episodes?

Come on... if echoes is one episode there's no way surface is going to be two

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Honestly a way to cure him might be if they had Alessi de-age him back 11 years.

Well guess what. Alessi was a nice guy in real life but he got the flesh bud and now he's tumor man

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Tusk is also kind of interesting because he doesn't keep Act 3 for very long, to the point it's almost kind of pointless.

He uses it against alt-diego though. I think

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Begemot posted:

I remember him using quite a bit. He gets in the fight against Axl RO, and then uses it in that crazy gunfight with the Eleven Nameless Men.

I think he only ever technically uses act 4 twice, once against Valentine and then alt Diego. He can only do it when riding his horse perfectly to get the super golden ratio spin or whatever.

you forgot against himself! He had to cancel out the rotation on himself that one time

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-prince-japanese-comics-20160427-snap-htmlstory.html

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
gold experience requiem made sense to me thematically as a classic folk-story style ironic punishment for Diavolo... it doesn't matter that it's overpowered because it's only used for that purpose

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

One of the eight heavenly bodies destined to wipe out all life on Earth in the Nasuverse.

It arrived several centuries too early, however, and is currently holed up somewhere deep in South America where it's slowly terraforming the planet, but otherwise minding its own business as it awaits the day of reckoning. It's also technically the fifth-ranked Dead Apostle since the previous slot-holder tried to capture it and was incinerated immediately, the Dead Apostiles being real hardliners when it comes to "You break it, you bought it."

As a foreign contaminant, it neither understands nor shares Earthly concepts of death, and thus can't be killed, wounded, or even mildly inconvenienced by conventional weaponry or most forms of magic. The only known way of killing it, effectively, would be using a weapon capable of rewriting the very laws of reality that define it - which exist, fortunately, but are exceedingly rare.

Ah, so like heaven DIO then. GER couldn't beat heaven DIO so GER couldn't beat this thing QED

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Raserys posted:

I want to see the alt continuity where Kakyoin and Polnareff turn into gross flesh bud monsters

Would Hamon have any effect on Papa Nijimura

Methinks placing the breakfast meat of HAM upon him would have no effect... :troll: :troll: :troll. Edit beaten.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Hato brought her boyfriend home and though I feel she has an odd taste in men, I respect her choices.

I hope those two crazy kids manage to work things out

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

He made a guy eat his own fingers

Admittedly yes but be fair it was a guy who wasn't sure if he was a man of the land or a man of the sea

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

Part 5 probably.

You are a truly wretched beast.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Something I just thought of... in the anime, has josuke bitten his lip at all? from fear?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the part that annoyed me the most about part 6 was how when all of DIO's sons were converging, there was a single inter-chapter text box saying "You might be wondering where Giorno is? The answer to that is, maybe he is actually in the area, but just slightly out of frame in every panel"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
if koichi pays so little attention to the road he runs over a bag while cycling, he definitely wouldve killed shizuka

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Just something I've been thinking about.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Echoes appears in the OP

This is the greatest day of my life

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Been working my way through Steel Ball Run for a while, and now I'm nearing the end. I finished reading the Valentine fight, which was amazing. Then I started into High Voltage.

Why, Araki? Just... why?

High Voltage kicks rear end

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Araki probably regretting blowing his load on King Crimson so fast.

You're going to look like a huge dumbass when we're introduced to Vinegar Higashikata

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Very upset that those two weren't able to work things out

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Stands really would have spiced up that lovely second season.

Agreed.

edit: thought you were talking about jojo

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

Little Jolyne being acknowledged by CC2 was the dumbest poo poo in Eyes of Heaven, please stop trying to advocate they acknowledge it in the anime, thanks.

Yeah, THAT was the dumbest poo poo from eyes of heaven.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

One thing of note on this cover art is that the silhouette at the bottom is probably Kira and they've made his bangs longer.

I'm afraid that's not Kira, but in fact part 4 kakyoin

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Cool post i got linked to about Diesel. remember diesel.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
a second animated tonio adventure... dare i dream

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

as was said before, SDC was kind of artificially extended due to there not being great places to cut off and it being a Big Deal, so more judicious editing in terms of pacing is more than welcome. they've already shown that they can easily get everything in there while keeping from stretching things out too long, so i'm not worried a bit.

I was worried they were going to cut out tonio, and they didn't cut out tonio, so I'm happy

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Having watched it again with subs now, I'm pretty comfortable in saying that the episode as a whole is just pretty bad. It's not close to the usual JoJo + david standard.

All the best parts of the red hot chili pepper fight come after akira reveals himself on the docks anyway. I was kind of hoping they'd end this episode with his reveal

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
what was the episode cj was talking about in the anime thread. it better not have been shizuka

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Rohan Kishibe posted:

To be fair, he didn't really know Koichi at the time.

he did after the first one

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
josuke loving killed damo in broad daylight. brutal as hell but no one cares because he's just rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

This got deleted my man. but the chapter got finished