Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chat thread and drunken chat thread, should be separate, IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The last Emperor of the Romans led a charge with the last of his soldiers outside the walls once they blasted it down with that bigass ultra-cannon, too.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spicy Guacamole posted:

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." Apparently the Dark Tower movie is going ahead, and will be directed by a Danish guy who made a Swedish adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (which, if you haven't seen or read it, is pretty hosed up).

The Swedish versions are a lot better IMO, but some people really cant stand to read subtitles. I'm one of those subhumans who prefers to always have subtitles on anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone who's bad at cooking please try that and post pictures. I want to see an inch of charcoal stuck to a pan.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tell me more about your twitter brand, retard.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seems to be kind of a repeat thing where generally good presidents end up relying on their expert staff but their expert staff are actually retarded assholes or have their own agenda that doesn't really line up with what's best for the government or nation.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's extremely hosed up to me, IMO, that to have a career in a technical field you have to have a technical mind.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724287

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D&D is a bad forum and reading it gives you AIDS.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's a good fuckin song.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe he's a serial murderer and everyone just thought he was a lying fag because SEALs seem to morph into that after a few years.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That video is awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah I've read about that one and I'm sure it works great. If I ever saw a line I'd just cut it off at a couple points with some boric acid and they were all usually gone within 48 hours

Not to the above post but for all reading you don't need a visible layer of the powder. As long as there's a fine layer you can't see it'll kill 'em. Also sticks around after being exposed to moisture pretty well. Maybe not a heavy rain but yeah. It gets on their feet and then they carry it around to infect others and the nest. They clean their feet and it kills them from the inside out fast

It's probably the easiest and cheapest way to nip ants, roaches, and termite infestations in the butt before it gets bad. Not sure why it's so unknown

Note that if you ingest the boric acid in small amounts it'll make your rear end explode and your life miserable. So don't be a dumbass and forget to wash your hands/countertops/etc when you mix that up

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Love me a redneck girl wearing Mylar balloons

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

The next logical step is the technology to print animated gifs on credit cards.

This is probably possible but would be absurdly expensive and lovely.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Delizin posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/us/at-west-point-annual-pillow-fight-becomes-weaponized.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=3

The annual West Point Pillow Fight ends with 4 concussions, 1 broken leg, 2 broken arms, 1 dislocated shoulder, and several broken ribs according to an article that explains a lot about West Pointers.

What happened to being a world class military academy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look fags. IMO, deep dish isnt even that chicago monstrosity. It's just regular pizza with more crust and toppings because it's got a lil lip to pile that poo poo in with. What kind of hosed up retard puts the sauce on top anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that they never sent you a bill, but dropped you for non-payment. Lmao.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read Old Man's War today at work and it was good. How are the sequels?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the seasons for like $7 each on Youtube/Google Play.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dead Reckoning posted:

RSL: Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My grandpa's old turbodiesel Dodge once exploded a sleeping cat into gore. :(

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't believe they are still doing the ethanol in gasoline thing. It's not like it magically makes the gasoline burn cleaner. There's just less gasoline to burn.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't realize Beasts of No Nation was on netflix. Awesome.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Firefly is like Jericho. Its not the best TV show ever but for sure there's no way it's ever going to get a second season/sequel that isn't going to be extreme fail AIDS.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cole posted:

Protip about icy windshields: a pot of hot water or two is your best friend.

This is a fantastic way to crack your windshield if it's any colder then like 30 degrees. Some cold or lukewarm water will work just as well and won't cause thermal cracking in your glass

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm 20

Enlisting and not being old enough to drink was a poor choice

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That has a GIP gangtag

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

why would anyone say this about one of the best admins this forum has ever had?

Because people think GiP is immune to the forum rules or something

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The background music is perfect

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My sister works at the local theater so I get to skip all the lines and only pay 30% for the food when I go with her.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My town used to call a snow day on the first real snow of the year, and then only called one if the highway wasn't plowed, which didn't happen often except one year where they called like 10 snow days because the state couldn't afford to plow it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone know if there's some secret to car exhaust fan connectors. My dad forgot to reconnect it after replacing my sister's radiator, but it doesn't seem to be engaging.

Theoretically it'll work on the freeway but I'm not exactly excited to test that theory right now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Never mind I just wiggled it before starting again.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

I've never seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone managed to steal my netflix account info. Good stuff. Now I gotta go and remember where else I used that email/password combo while all hopped up on Nyquil

• Locked thread