Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when ubisoft or EA make bad games they are pissant garbagedumps of boredom

but when bethesda makes bad games i.e. fallout 3 and NV--both of which I played for like 30 hours---they are entertaining masterpieces of unintentionally hilarious glitches, fuckups, ugly doll people and ragdoll bloodmurder physics. what I'm saying is Fallout 4 will be hilarious and Good for Entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

feedmegin posted:

New Vegas was developed by Obsidian.

it still had the same realdoll physics and game engine crapshoots.

also not sure why people would preorder this when we don't even know a single thing about it, much less release date. Like at least I can see why you'd order Batman or even the new piece of poo poo AssCreed but man, at least wait til E3 to see if we get some news VATSLOGIC system for Fallout

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

make critical VATS headshots make the targets' eyes explode, even when shot from back or side of head = return of eyeshots

i'd love this. make it all even stupider and it's Day 1 for me. I love shooting a dude in the foot only to have the whole leg fly off like 40 feet behind him. I love having a whole town of retards come after me when I steal a fork from a diner.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

please put the Shadow of Mordor nemesis system in this. it would break the game in hilarious ways. just have npcs glitching into other scenes and houses, wandering in with a tiny stupid pistol clutched at their hip, spouting lovely dialogue at you with vengeance.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't wait to see te number of animations compared to the few we had in FO3. Favorites such as: hand on hip, crossarms but occasionally extending a hand, looking up while still looking at you

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gibberish posted:

This is the only game I would buy a PS4 for.

why? just buy a game PC instead it's a better investment.

if I was bethesda I'd be making GBS threads my pants and leaving this in the cooker another year after seeing how swell the Witcher world and quest structure turned out.

I remember I once accidentally took a fork off a table in Arefu or some poo poo and then "QUEST FAILED" popped up because now the entire populous of 5 loving people wanted me dead. So the entire quest line got hosed because I stole a thing from a table. what im saying is gently caress the Karma system and I hope it never comes back

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

loving next level conversation options right here lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Palpek posted:

Witcher 3 has completely changed the RPG game to me, an open world with actual character, interesting NPCs and basically no fetch quests whatsoever is so much better than Skyrim it's not even funny. I'm sure I'll have a big problem with coming back to Bethesda's Fallout storytelling because of that too.

same, thinking about going back to barebones poo poo in other action RPGs makes my eyes glaze over. especially with loving gamebryo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are there really people who exist that want VATS out of Fallout?? Because lol the game would be loving unplayable without it. This isn't an FPS, every gun is a piece of poo poo cobbled together from garbage and the sights/aiming is godawful. Maybe it's just because FO3 and NV were programmed terribly but trying to play them as FPS games meant you got hosed. Especially because so many loving enemies were retarded kamikazes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

it's actually really easy to play without VATS because the games are easy

the character jank was so bad and the glitches alone make me laugh to think how annoying it would be to exclusively use manual aiming. it's fine for sniping and poo poo or even close range but for the most part I got really tired of trying to aim with non-sight guns from a long range.

if the games had a semblance of FPS gameplay it's be fine to toss out VATS but the previous 2 were just messy. I say this as someone who played the first one multiple times and liked it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I expected fallout4 to look like an ugly piece of poo poo but I actually though the footage looks like it could have come from this decade so congrats bethesda. i cant wait to craft retarded house bases and make horrorshow guns with my special dog and Iron Man armor. will buy day one.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Orv posted:

I was genuinely surprised at the seeming jump in texture quality from the initial reveal trailer. Still wasn't incredible, but it looks better.

it ain't ridiculous but for a current gen game, as long as it runs decent then I'll be immensely satisfied given that this came from a generation of butt loving ugly Fallout 3 assets.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol if you spent $120 to get that poorly made plastic pipboy, just lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

even if you thought F3 and NV were poo poo they're at least funny/fun poo poo. yes it's retarded I steal an apple and a whole town wants to kill me but it's also funny when you blow up a ghoul rebel leader and his wife with a rocket launcher. they were never not entertaining even if they looked like dogshit and the writing was stupid garbage. it's probably worse to end up with an AssCreed game which were unfun, garbled messes you couldn't even break in amusement

F4 looks like it's basically "we made it not look ugly as gently caress, now you can build your own murderbase and guns and iron man armor" I think that is v. cool. it probably will never be the ultra tight technical marvel GOTY it could be but it looks like a very fun thing I won't return after a week like batman: arkham rear end in a top hat

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at people loving complaining that a fallout game looks like fallout. enjoy your VATS and dolls and retarded decap animations, this is what the game has always been and I can't wait to construct a murder house and turn this into Tower Defense with beep boop robots

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rodney-CK posted:

I haven't watched any streams, so I hope this isn't a dumb question, but:

Is Fallout 4 enhanced with physics objects? Clothes rippling in wind/running, guns and junk swinging around as you move? Hair tossing around?

I hate to say it, but I really have been spoiled by just how pretty The Witcher 3 is. I know it probably is false hopes, but I'm hoping Bethesda took some of their Skyrim billions and did a few graphic upgrades that aren't visible in just screenshots.

I can't see a Bethesda game having hair physics but I think I've seen trees and environmental poo poo swaying around

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1137035

this thread is amazing. it's like watching retards in their natural habitat complete with kneejerk
"preorder cancelled"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol max landis continuing his 2015 campaign of bein a babyback bitch

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bardeh posted:

hahaha that Neogaf thread that was linked earlier about the PS4 framerate is good reading

:allears:

hahaha jesus christ

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

didnt realize tilda swinton was in the game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The "final boss" in FO3 was literally one second for me. you shotgun the army man in the head and that's it. I doubt anyone really expects any kind of epic final battle for FO4

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol reusing skyrim animations

my clipboard is a shield guys

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kaley cuoco was picked to be there since her rigor mortis pulled back face resembles what the fallout 4 models look like

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Ubisoft would loving murder a school of infants to have the pass on bugs that most people give Bethesda

yeah seriously the reviews are all good but at some point they all mention the same bethesda bullshit. I really do not want something that runs at 24 FPS and gets me stuck on a piece of a rock or something so I'm gonna wait for everyone else's experiences to come through.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

literally all I care about are reports on PS4 performance so keep those coming

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

grrarg posted:

Can confirm that the minimum specs are overinflated. I have an i5 2500k and a Radeon 6950 that is equivalent to or maybe a bit worse than the minimum card. I am getting 30-45fps outdoors at 1920x1080 running on High settings except for lowest AA/god rays and no SSAO.

Hmmm, anyone think my laptop can run this well enough if the specs are inflated:

Core i7-4720HQ 4-Core 2.6GHzGD
GeForce GTX 960M 2GBGD
RAM: 16GB

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

someone ran this game successfully at 30fps/medium on an i5 nehalem with a 560ti so you are way beyond playable

oh poo poo, sounds good. I've been an idiot and relied on GameDebate for whether or not I could run things but then again, it told me no way in hell I could run Witcher 3 when I played it fine on High settings with about 35-40 FPS

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how people can say "this game is rear end ugly" is beyond me after being brought up on how gently caress-ugly FO3 and NV were.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

crime fighting hog posted:

I sucked at Destiny. Will I suck at this?

this game series is nothing like Destiny, the computer aims for you with VATS

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Hmm, looks like a melee build is complete unworkable on Survival difficulty unless I want to reload quicksaves every two seconds.

Is there any way to reroll my base stats after leaving the vault, or should I just revert all the way back to that save?

Also, if I'm going to min/max a shooty-man, how should special look? Is it productive to try to completely forgo Vats and just play like a pure FPS? Does perception affect aim outside of vats?

I cannot imagine playing a fallout game as a pure FPS. the shooting outside VATS in previous games was loving awful

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

my friend confirmed he was killed by a molerat with a bomb on its back doing a suicide run. lol what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sharzak posted:

so how does this run on playstation 4? i have idiot friends telling me it literally drops to '0 fps' on the xbone. no way that's true but I am one of those people who got NV on ps3 so I won't go in blind again.

both of my buddies have the game and posted vids, have said it runs absolutely fine and it looks normal from what I've seen

• Locked thread