Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This game is going to sell millions of copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FuriousGeorge posted:

Reviewers will also react with awe like Bethesda invented the open-world game all over again.

"See that building in the distance? You can walk there!"

It could be a steaming turd and it will still sell amazingly well.

I'm going to buy it. All of you in this thread are going to buy it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I know I should be complaining that this is going to be bad and evil and disappointing compared to New Vegas because Bethesda but I'm really loving exciting nonetheless.

Agreed, you are exciting...and dreamy.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Were titties bigger in the '50s, and related, does radiation make titties bigger?

No and yes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lord Chumley posted:

and so the postin wars will begin...

I need to come up with a gimmick before then...

My 'thing' will be to say that's it(s good, but not as good as Ultima IX.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lord Chumley posted:

If you are still in Goodsprings, that's just the tutorial. Keep at it, it gets amazing.

Yeah I had the same sort of apprehension when I started a New Vegas game for the first time, especially because your guide (that woman with the cowboy hat) has such horrible voice acting. It gets a lot better.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

If I'm remembering right the only way to join the Khans in the first game is by beating their sex slaves to death because their boss is bored with them :raise:

i cans ee this is a very morally grey and nuanced faction

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Plus the whole Vault Project was revealed to be a series of social experiments. Some were control, but most had some thing that was meant to be studied. You can't argue thats not obvious because its literally in every vault in 3 and NV. There is a weird thing that all this was to test humans on long term space travel.

What was the reasoning for the vault experiments again? What a bunch of assholes.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Three Dog is that guy from the Fifth Element, right.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I have to say, a lot of those experiments seemed needlessly sadistic and I have my doubts about the usefulness of the data they got from it. Were the data even processed after the nukes hit, was there anyone left to do it?

So the Enclave is the remnant of the United States government, but they've been struggling and failing to re-establish control for centuries?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

my brother works at bethesda and he says that they originally started working on fallout as a grand worldwide experiment to see how many lovely games they could make with the "Fallout" title and still make money

it's like a big joke over there, "haha when you mention a new fallout game these loving nerds try to get out their wallets so fast that they wind up tripping over themselves, actually it looks a lot like one of the goofy bugs in our lovely engine"

Not saying you're a liar; but - there's something off about this story...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The Fallout setting is really cool. Just my two cents.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Obsidian is cool. Pillars of Eternity is a good game, I don't have a degree in ludology or whatever nerd poo poo, but the mechanics mostly feel right to me.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

The Skyrim guilds were beyond terrible. I don't think anyone here is stupid enough to defend them.

e: oh jesus christ you Filthy Casual

The entire Thieves' Guild questline was abominably bad. Even after you become the Guild Master your fellow guild members keep insulting you to your face with the same lines they used when you first showed up.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Icept posted:

I won't, but I will say I hope Cream-of-Plenty never stops posting.

I had my doubts about him but he's been really good in this thread

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Xavier434 posted:

I had a ton of fun and spent a lot of hours playing FO3. None of the criticisms being discussed in this thread ever came to my mind back when I first played it. Not that anything anyone is saying here lacks justification. I am just mentioning this because if FO4 provides me with the same quality experience then I will be pretty happy.

Even when I first played FO3 however many years ago I thought the ending was retarded

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sentinel posted:

Pretty much this.
I'm still just ecstatic getting a fourth.

They've definitely had time to learn a lot since 3 and make things a little more improved.
Bethesda is one of the few game companies i have legitimate faith in.
Sperglords can pre-poo poo on it all they want but this games going to be a blast.

It's too late, over the years you've read endless goon discussions and analyses of the Fallout games, it's burned into your brain, you won't be able to genuinely enjoy it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I tried replaying New Vegas a while ago and immediately quit because of how slowly your character moves. It seems the older I get, the more I have gaming ADD. I am of the opinion that all video game protagonists should move at ludicrously high speeds because it's just so tedious otherwise.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

There's a few mentions in logs and conversations, but the only thing I can distinctly recall is the captain of the ferry from the point lookout DLC talking about how he used to take trips there back when his boat was in better condition

That reminds me, what happened to New York City?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

drkeiscool posted:

Shamus posted part 2.

quote:

Two hundred years ago, men wore knee-high stockings, powdered wigs, and got married at 14 years old.

No, they didn't.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

cthulhoo posted:

it's a pinata of micro shitperiences

A few years from now, people are going to talk about that Cream-of-Plenty post as a legitimate Todd Howard quote.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I just made the mistake of explaining Little Lamplight (or "The Problem of Little Lamplight", as I presented it) to my friends and loved ones and blood began to shoot from their ears and eyes and now I'm all alone, just like the prisoner washing up on the shores of Morrowind.

The same thing almost happened to me, luckily I have no friends or loved ones.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

boneration posted:

Is there supposed to be new info out today?

Yes: the game will only be released for the Wii U.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

frajaq posted:

Super Mutants can close their mouths now!!!!!

Which TF2 mod is this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

crawlkill posted:

welcome to the voiced protagonist! please, can I decide a few things for you?

I don't particularly mind being breederized, whatever, but the implications for player agency in general are hilariously grim

Hahaha breederized

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

HAH! Alright, pull the other leg now.

Yes, the whole 'SKYRIM FOR PURE, LILY WHITE NORDS ONLY!' schtick wasn't straightforward at all, and having Ulfric in Nord Limbo run up and tell the player hat the rebellion was a total mistake before he gets swallowed by Luicfer Aluindin in the final mission was brilliantly subtle.

This just in, resisting colonization by a huge empire is now evil racism

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Strictly speaking the nords started the empire.

Also ulfic is pretty racist, it's a plot point if you ever visit windhelm.

The Stormcloaks are like docile puppies compared to Vvardenfell's Dunmer. Hell, I played as a Nord and thought they didn't nearly go far enough. I was expecting a brutal war of liberation/extermination against those smug elves and their imperial puppets.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lord Lambeth posted:

This is a series where wearing pajamas increases charisma, I don't see why armor paint can't increase strength.

You haven't seen me in my pyjamas.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What if...all of your dialogue was dad jokes, making it superior to Bethesda's usual writing

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Just that the story isn't good, which is a valid argument, but also one I don't care about at all because even in rpgs I care more about the core gameplay.

But the gameplay isn't good either

I like Bethesda games too, it's just that you can't think about them too much.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Hihohe posted:

It would be a nice change of pace if there was a sect of the Enclave that were the relatively good guys (maybe at the expense of someone else). And the Brotherhood were assholes just trying to steal the Enclaves tech who were using it to help people.

Like the Enclave builds a water pump in a village and the brotherhood comes in and takes it, leaving them to die of thirst.

*Todd Howard reclines in his seat, furrows his brow for a moment*

You're hired.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

khy posted:

Some of his logic is fairly specious though.

His comparisons are sometimes flawed, too. People in the Western world did not marry at 14 years old 200 years ago.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Has the Enclave ever controlled territory in the continental United States or have they always been a shadowy evil organization in the background? I have to say I'm not impressed with their plan to do nothing for decades and then get owned by random vault dwellers.

Sharkopath posted:

Once again console owners have stuffed everyone over..

I bet most console owners do 1 or some of these.. it's why they can't afford a computer

If people with consoles stopped smoking and drinking, and doing drugs, didn't buy tattoos or piercings and brought good computer stuff or just didn't buy the game.. everyone would be happy

i bet most these cheap noobs own expensive phones that aren't needed also

I hate them too: the PoS4 and the Xbone.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Speedball posted:

They had that big base in Fallout 3 and were prepping to take over territory in Fallout 2; they already had the Navarro base on the continent. But basically they were overly concerened with mutation and were convinced they were the only real humans left so they were even more isolationist than the Brotherhood, so territory-grabbing took a backseat to "keep the United States, all one of them, pure"

The Enclave really is poo poo, how do you set up such a vast government conspiracy and have so little to show for it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I am definitely waiting for the first to few patches to drop as there will inevitably be a slew of ridiculous gamebreaking bugs at release. I'll probably get it during the first Steam sale.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sounds plausible...a bit too plausible.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lotish posted:

The people running the Railroad certainly think what's happening is slavery, and I'm pretty sure you supposed to too. Depending on how you build your androids though, I think it's like no different than Mr. Handies.

I don't give a poo poo about android rights. I would buy a sexbot right now if I could. I hope they will let me reject the Railroad without showering me with bad karma.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

2house2fly posted:

I hope they let me do the Bad Karma thing without actually giving me Bad Karma

Looks like we got ourselves an android lover here, boys...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm a poor with a phone running Android so no Fallout Shelter for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You really can't trust Bethesda to unfuck its own game, let alone figure out the intricacies of a bondage/mutant pregnancy mod written by an autist.

If you don't like my mods you can just come right out and say so.

• Locked thread