Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Thank god for the new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I feel dirty

I cuck'd my son, he named my 'grandson' after me.

There's nothing in the Pentateuch about cucking your son right :ohdear:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So is there supposedly a new DLC? Or did a quantity of smoke get blown up my rectum.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So, why are Jewish holy sites in weird spots? I get Sinai, Jersualem, Damascus, the others ???

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Holy poo poo, playing as a relatively weak Jewish guy in Sinai, within 20 years I had broken completely free and taken a poo poo ton of land in the Levant thanks to a bunch of civil wars.

Nice :coal:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Maximum incest

why

Does anyone ever play a game for a 100 years, get a country set up well and simulate?

I had these Zoroastrians in Persia with great moral authority, a strong family vassalage with only one rebellion in those 100 years. I look after 20 years and they've been absorbed by Ughyr and the Zunbils broke free :saddowns:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

TheBlackRoija posted:

I think maximum would be more like if you had a son with her. Then he takes over and marries his sister-mother who has another girl that would be his sister-daughter-niece. Obviously he would then marry her for the divinest marriage.

That's not how it works, he's not the Shah of Alabama

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Picard Day posted:

Asked Innkeeper: "God, did you hear about King Chiko VIII?"
Innkeeper: "No"
Me: "Died. Cancer."
Thought he would cry.

Decided to try out a tribal game for the first time at long last (Catholic) . Is there a particular action I should assign my court Chaplain to do to trigger the Church Building event or does it just fire randomly?

prank him

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

What do I gain other than dying in new hilarious ways with Reapers Due

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Is there a list of ways people get executed, I killed someone with a boar :stonk:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I observed a game from like 768 to 1000, Svibjod ran wild and basically dunked all of Scandinavia by 900, the only influence I had was starting for a few days in Iceland. So by the time I was done observing all of Scandinavia, Estonia, and northern Russia were Norse, Islam was losing ground in the Levant, then I saved the game and decided I'd observe later.

I accidentally forgot to pause and shutdown. So the descendants of my dude in Iceland now are patricians of a Merchant Republic, it's like 1200, Hinduism has ran a train on the Norse and Catholic religions, Byzantines shrunk, Europe in chaos, half of Europe is reformed Norse living under Hindu and Mazdak kings, and Zoroaster has gained lots of ground back in Persia :wtc:

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 13, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Ofaloaf posted:

There's something I've been wondering for a while- is there a general consensus for Romanization levels in the late Empire? I've been chugging through Wightman's Gallia Belgica, which seems to suggest that by the 5th century, at least most of the pre-Roman Celts in Gaul had been decently well Romanized aside from a few very rural areas.

Is that also the case in Hispania and Thrace? Because Galician, Asturian and Cantabrian in Spain, along with Armorican and Gallic in northern Gaul and Galatian in central Anatolia, are all still "Continental Celtic" culture in 476. 'Thracian' in Dobrudja (not to be confused with Helleno-Thracian and Thraco-Roman), Illyrian and Dacian are Proto-Carpathian and still present on the map as well.

I think I like getting worked up about this project.

Nerd

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So you're saying we're getting a Rome DLC gotcha I'll spread the word

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I suddenly have this urge to create essentially a youtube celebrity count or duke

How can I prank someone

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Kill their mom

after cucking their dad

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

give me some cool historical characters in the history titles, I've found St. Peter and I've found Julius Caesar

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Pakled posted:

And now it's been released.
http://ck2generator.com/

:stare:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Are there any good-ish Roman or just post Roman, or hell, cranking it up to 11 ancient Greece?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Is this the worst screenshot you've ever seen, turns out the 476 mod does not perform that well. (It is in beta for reapers due, it's possible that when I left it run a bug hit it like a freight train)

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 23, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

quote:

One formulation is that Eutychianism stressed the unity of Christ's nature to such an extent that Christ's divinity consumed his humanity as the ocean consumes a drop of vinegar. Eutyches maintained that Christ was of two natures but not in two natures: separate divine and human natures had united and blended in such a manner that although Jesus was homoousian with the Father, he was not homoousian with man.[1]

A niche form of Christianity evidently

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'm not mocking the mod for having tons of religions, I want every tiny sect that has ever existed, not being ironic. Get on it pdox

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

To give it a chance, I'll run it from 476 to 600 and see what happens this time

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Are the people living in Iceland Norse or are they Irish monks?

The game starts them as two Irish Christians

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

570AD, much more normal looking. Now with much less Druidism in southern Britain!

Roland Jones posted:

There's a surprising lack of Zoroastrianism in Persia on that map. I thought that pre-Islam is supposed to be when it was dominant in the region.

For some reason, the Shah became...Jewish.

Here's 476 AD for comparison

EXCEPT I DONT HAVE IT BECAUSE IM DOING A WINDOWS UPDATE RIGHT NOW WOOPS

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 23, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

This post-Roman mod has Root West

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Can anybody actually explain Messalianism

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

What is a fun religion in game, not necessarily mechanics wise but to form or bring from the brink

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

5th from the left? What is that?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I have walked into the Great Unknown and I am unhappy

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Vengarr posted:

Is this the long-awaited hip-hop version of the main theme?

jesus christ I would play this

It is I, the duke of the Hub

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 18, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Geatish run

I became best friends with Ragnarr Lothbrok after reading him horrible poetry and then his father Sigurd Hring cucked me and killed my first born

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Pharohman777 posted:

So the people who bought the most expensive paradoxcon package get a chance today in a workshop to make a character for ck2 that will be put in the game in a future patch.

Theres even baby clothes with 'designated heir' written on it.

Why can't you make me brave, strong, genius, attractive! That's obviously what I am!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So if I was playing as a recently converted Norwegian king and died at Stiklestad and eventually canonized, would that become the spot of great virtue, or Nidaros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I can't wait to die accidentally due to misreading the bible

• Locked thread