Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Spaceman Future! posted:

So, I put my pre order registration code in the other day, the SE site says that the download for heavensward opens up on 6/23, so how does the early access work? Is there just gonna be a massive patch come the end of downtime and every client natively supports heavensward or what

The downtime is now, 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Spaceman Future! posted:

well yeah that much is obvious but im wondering if were gonna get like a 7gb heavenward patch or if there was supposed to be a separate download someplace for early access.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can't wait to log on to play the xpac and still need to finish 3 patches worth of quests before I can.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

orange juche posted:

There are much less storyline oriented MMOs out there.

90% of the quests are fetch quests. Storyline Oriented MMO!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kaldaris posted:

I actually got to put mine in and yet it tells me this.

Eh? Do I not own it? Do I own it? The code I got from GMG went in the first time, and successive tries says it's already registered, so I assume it went through.

You have heavensward early access, cd keys for heavensward haven't been sent out by the SE store yet so I don't think that can be added yet.

From my understanding there are 2 cd keys for heavensward and early access. They stopped giving early access out on the 19th I think.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 19, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lotophage posted:

:coolfish:

Also about how long will it take me to wrap up the main story if I got to 50 in patch 2.0 and then basically did none of it.

A week of casual play.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 19, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hellioning posted:

Chrysalis is terrible, especially since everyone that's overgeared and knows what they're doing is currently in Ishgard.

Finished stormcloak before work myself. The quest wall is going to be a huge complaint for returning players. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up hurting the game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tsurupettan posted:

smoothest expansion launch ive played in like ten years.

DRK is really fun and cool, except for my 50 minute tank queues.

good job SE. :unsmith:

When a game has less than a million subs, gated the xpac, and started at 4am on a work day.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ghostinmyshell posted:

Is it too late to get early access?

And did they make leveling a second job easier? I already did the main storyline on my main but 30-45 was so boring on additional jobs :smith:

I thought I saw there was a deadline to get early access.

You have to finish these quests to play the xpac or any new classes.
http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/7th_Astral_Era_Quests

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaras posted:

Normally I'd agree with you, but I've had the 2.1-2.55 story effectively ruined for me.

By the Heavensward intro cinematic.

Maybe you should of thought more about not playing ff14 before playing the xpac with all the new and cool stuff. If you can't sit through a weeks worth of fetch quests content, then maybe a story based MMO is not for you.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ciaphas posted:

You know what I just realized? We're well into primetime on launch evening, and there's barely a crash or other showstopper to be seen. Either we overestimated the launch day woes, there aren't a lot of early accessors, or SE's IT personnel really know their poo poo.

Dare you to log out and reopen your client.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Obligatum VII posted:

I've been trying to log in, but Aether seems to be having some issues, error 2002 every time. Interestingly, I tried swapping Data Centers and Primal was fine.

Log into another data center, click the x at the bottom left to go back, then do your data center.

Wooo 5 person que, way to go dead server.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Finished the quest wall, and entered castle town place. I hope the new quests are better.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They told you electronic cigarettes are bad for your health!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Obscurity posted:

Considering coming back..possibly..but holy moly. There was a lot of game info to take in from ARR just after taking a break between a few patches..this new expansion is adding/changing so much poo poo I have no idea how I'll ever learn it all. I love the fact that this game is adding so many new things, but what do I do if I don't have time to spend hours and hours learning everything. Someone please help I'm not used to being a responsible adult and playing video games :(

You have to play every single patch before heavensward before you cant do anything new.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ravana wasn' t that bad of a fight with pubs.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The lvling was alright in till I ran out of quests at lvl 55.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ApplesandOranges posted:

WOW thanks for the spoilers jerk

It was their boring story that actually killed them off.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

KoB posted:

I ran out at 55 and 57, and now 58. 58 is the worst since im still at about 50% so Ive got a bunch of dungeons to run. 55/57 were at least at 80%ish.

I went to every area to check for quests each time.

How can they not figure out 50-60 exp < all the new quests exp? The gaps are just bad gameplay. I guess they are planning people to take 4 weeks of running duty finder for bonus exp.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 22, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Velveteen posted:

People in this game are surprisingly nice. People actually explain fights to you if you tell them you're new and its your first time for dungeons instead of rolling their eyes and groaning about it. Maybe because I'm doing the low level dungeons and everything changes when it gets higher. Also running around doing my quests I'd get random whispers asking how I'm enjoying the game and if I needed help in anything because they saw the sproutling beside my name. Its not just one person either, I've gotten dozen of these whispers already. Its really strange and somewhat frightening how nice everyone is being.

Someone helped me relearn Blm, told me I needed to be using fire 1(yes I totally forgot how to blm after quitting a year ago). And I had a group that had 2 people that left after being complete assholes. Seems like a normal population of an mmo.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 22, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Eimi posted:

We would be, but we're too busy crying over Enochian.

I having delaying casting again to see if I get a proc. Should I just be riding the gcd and canceling out for fire starter procs?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lastgirl posted:

installed but gently caress man..

its been a while so i forgot my password, and i removed security token app but its still in effect

so like, I cant recover my password because of security token, and i cant add in security token because i need my ID and password.

:shepface: catch-22'd

Write the account name down with some kind of statement only you would understand describing the password. Keep that poo poo in some dark corner of your hard drives next to your hentai anime.

Don't know how the security token thing works in this game, but if its like wow and swtor keep that serial number they give you written down also.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Minrad posted:

I get what they were going for with MCH and Ammunition, but they should've just made reload tie into bonus effects or more obvious damage increases rather than make your main combo work. Like, make ammo double the effect of hot shot, or make your main combo apply a dot or something else.

GB and WM are both hosed, but that's almost an entirely different barrel of monkeys.

They should remove MCH ammo and replace it with how old-timey muskets worked!

Here's their 3 new skills! replace man with cat girl, solution found. Mount and blade but with cat girls.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rannison posted:

So, I hear talk that there are meters [3rd party, I'm assuming] but I was under the assumption that the UI/game were pretty much core only.

1) What meters do people use [want more for scholarly interest rather than epeen]
2) Are there any other addons or mods that works?

Act parser, rainbow mage overlay. Was attempting to set it up last night only to log on and see I only had 2 hours to play. Have to wait till tonight to try it out.

The overlay is just some html code, so you can edit how it looks pretty easy.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bonewitch posted:

The worst part is that it's not even you. It's an evil version of the generic WoL from the trailers

drat it!, I was really looking forward for posts about people who cant kill themselves!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Best expansion release is the last 10 years(except the daily all worlds maintenance).

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

RC Cola posted:

I'm also trying to log onto my computer account and I can't figure out what my playonline ID is the 4 letters and 4 numbers ID. Is there anyway to figure that out? Its been a year or two since I played.

So many things have gone wrong for you so far, I recommend breathing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mordiceius posted:

Also, I find it incredible how many people have pretty much "finished Heavensward" at this point. As in, class to 60, all quests done, all dungeons done. Geared to the teeth already.

I'm not trying to poo poo on those people, but I think I'm glad that I've been taking things a bit slower. I played hard the first couple days just to get my AST up to 50, but I'm barely into the main quests. I'm level 51, close to 52 and all I've done are the initial questlines in Coerthas Western and Sea of Clouds as well as the Elf Pope meeting after. I feel like I still have so much ahead of me.

I just don't understand those that race to the cap, skip all cutscenes and burn through everything in less than a week and then in another couple weeks are just going to sit around and complain that there's nothing to do,

I've been a big fan of just playing a couple hours a day, taking it casual and just being a slowpoke sightseer. Plus, it allows me to play other games (Like finishing Witcher 3).

Are you trying to say people don't give a poo poo about this great STORY?

Work totally sucks when combined with games and nightly maintenance that only lets you play for 3 hours. I might get 60 by Saturday, after grown up things.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 25, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Gishin posted:

You can get some XP past the level 50 level cap, or can you do that without the expansion?

The exp you get from the patches before Heavensward is outpaced by 2 quests you finish walking around the town.

Patch quests give 5k exp, Heavensward story quests start at 50k.

Mordiceius posted:

I want 4.0 to have the Lunatic Pandora.

Attempting to think up other Final Fantasy bonus dungeons that aren't towers. Fossil Roo, Phanton Forest leading into the Phantom Train.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 26, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How the hell do I get in touch with them then? There isn't an option to email them since it wants me to log into my account.

SE does indeed have an interesting market strategy!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Work week with limited time, I mainly did my daily roulette and I'm a little over leveled now. If you level slow you won't feel much pain.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Finally got access to my account. My main is a level 44 PAL, but I can't remember where I left off the main story quest and it isn't in my log.

I'm also considering making an anime dragonman rogue to rehash the story.

There's some video link for all the story, you can lvl up faster as a rogue without restarting.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The exp of all the quests is less then 2 quests in the expansion for walking around a city in less than a minute.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

rock2much posted:

I did the trial by fire -- just kept running AK in lovely gear

If everyone did this, how can you wear it like a badge?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What are the other 4 titles?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

IcePhoenix posted:

Hello friends I'm thinking of giving this game a shot and I downloaded it and after 30 minutes I still haven't gotten the confirmation e-mail they were supposed to send me and also the actual website is terrible and unhelpful how do I get my code so I can actually (I assume) download the game?

Check your spam folder. Download the client from the lodestone, I think they are all the same.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

IcePhoenix posted:

It wasn't in my spam folder but I just made a different account using another e-mail and it came through instead. When does it ask me for a friend code to sign up with? I saw the thread in PGS and may as well give a lucky goon some swag if I keep playing.

You can use your recruitment code, after you enter the FF14 CD key but not after your first free month is up. RAF and the trial are two different things which doesn't make sense as the person getting recruited has to buy the game and doesn't get the trial perks to see if they want to buy the game.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 27, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ciaphas posted:

Just hit my first MSQ cockblock at 56.5. As a DRK, is my best/fastest/least painful bet just to keep running The Aery, or should I go do fates/sidequests instead?

Or go play another class or something because :suicide:

Do your roulettes every day, that's like 40% of a lvl a day. The side quests arn't that bad either.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 27, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Are fate groups happening on other servers(on goblin)?, because everything but dragonhead is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boten Anna posted:

If you only take the highest tier quests and work on several at once you rank them all up several days faster.

I don't recall having to spend a month and a half to max out that first beastman tribe, maybe a month.

• Locked thread