Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Post your male catgirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I entered my early access code on Mog Station, but I still don'thave the Heavensward registration code in general.

Mog Station recognizes the early access "Standard - FFXIV: Heavensward - Early Access Windows(R)". but the game wont' let me into Ishgard and Square support doens't open for another 3 hours apparently.

Any thoughts? I feel like this whole process has been entirely too convoluted.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Ciaphas posted:

I don't think anyone has the game codes proper yet. Have you taken the first MSQ in the little building in Dragonhead, where 2.55 ended?

I worked it out, it was a Level 8 error.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
General reminder that character transfers have the same restrictions as character creation

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Hey, yeah, macroing is bad, don't do it, but don't browbeat people for trying it. It's available as an option and I don't think many people would think to dig that deep into client-side mechanics to find out how well it works.

The whole "what were you thinking?" question is a waste, because they were thinking "Hey, this is pretty convenient and saves me some hotkey space".

poo poo, I wouldn't have known it myself without someone telling me.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

more like dICK posted:

I have i170 gear, and I have upgrade items that I bought with seals. How do I use them together to make i180 gear?

Npc in idyll shire across the road from the retainer bell.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Dark Knight is awesome and does not suck. :confused:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Evader posted:

Eh, so much of what I've read was making GBS threads on the new classes. I decided to ignore it all and build with Dark Knight in mind from the word go, so I am actually cheered up by those responses!

In the mean time I will apparently be a warrior, which is fine with me. I spent too much of my WOW career as DPS, and but for a very occasional Warlock off-tank instance or two, I feel like being something less mindless for PvE.

WAR is actually a great starting point for Dark Knight IMO. Their combos are pretty similar, but Dark Knight is much more active in its button pressing. And obviously you have to learn to manage the mana, but for me that all boils down to "Only use Dark Arts Soul Eater or spam Unleash when you're above 25% mana or when Blood Price is up". Make sure you get a Dark Art's threat combo in to start a boss, then your DPS should carry your threat the rest of the way.

Also, with all the defensive cooldowns you get, base class or cross classed, you can pretty much have a defensive rotation too, which can make life a lot easier on your healers for standard content.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Robo Reagan posted:

what is >.> even supposed to be

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I give my commendation to whoever I didn't notice because they were probably pissing me off the least

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Level 50 MCH and the glamour finally is valid.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Prism posted:

Which gun is that one? I've been using the other bladed gun but that one looks cool.

Storm Lieutenant's Musketoon. 1600ish Allied Seals for the Maelstrom Hunt.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Chyea posted:

Just killed Alexander Savage 3.

World First. First pull of the raid.

loving. Incredible.

Awesome stuff, man

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Chyea posted:

A small sample of the struggle of A3S.

What is your schedule even like when you're trying for World Firsts? Do you take time before attempts to try and get new gear or is that too much of a risk of someone else beating you? Do you take off work? Do you have jobs? How do you afford the constant expensive food buying?

I'm very curious about all this.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It is not a troll. I don't know anything about world first raiding and it seemed like asking a direct source would be a good option to learn about it.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Good luck on A4! Can't wait to see what bullshit the Manipulator busts out now

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Seems like a strange choice to have no loot in ARF and leave it out of the starting EXDR

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Boten Anna posted:

Anyone want some advice on how to be a terrible Warrior? Reddit has you covered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3eu0wp/saw_on_reddit_visual_mnk_and_drg_guides_so_i_made/

Mash overpower. If there's a ninja, harass them to use Goad on you.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
to be less facetious, I dismissed that the second I saw he rated Flash as "meh"

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Boten Anna posted:

Flash, provoke, convalescence, featherfoot, internal release

Featherfoot doesn't work on bosses, only trash IIRC.

Awareness is better even if its situational because it will work.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I thibk the servers auto check current in game population every 4 hours to deter k one if it will be open or not. So if it opens it'll be open for 4 hours, until the next check

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

SirPhoebos posted:

:aaa: I did not know that.

Don't feel bad. I can't think of anywhere in the game they bother to tell you that.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Touchfuzzy posted:

God, if only I could get a golden, shiny dollar-sign belt.

The one thing I miss from WoW was transmogging my big gold championship belt on every outfit my warrior had.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I suggest a Star Trek style coloring. Gold for Tanks, Blue for Healers, Red for DPS.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Killed By Death posted:

I'm at Law cap and want to level a tank (resisting the urge to level SCH after those pages of AST-bashing :smith:). Paladin seems kind of dull, but I can't decide between Warrior and Dark Knight. Does DRK have any major edge over Warrior, or is Warrior really as ridiculous as it looks?

Both are really fun, though I will say that DRK is like playing a piano. VERY active class to play. WAR feels a lot slower by comparison, but its also a lot less hectic.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That level 50 DRK quest :stare:

My favorite thing about that quest line is seeing people in the free company go "Wait Fray is a woman??" long before they have a hint of what's really going on

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Zereth posted:

Nope. The wider cross-class skill selection is not worth losing your job abilities and the stat bonus for equipping the soul gem.

One exception is if you're running a 24 man and really want to annoy the piss out of the other parties with Provoke spam from your team.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

RC Cola posted:

I haven't been able to get on, what's going on for the anniversary?
Also what's the fastest way to grind law? I have an item level of 148 and feel pathetic.

Just keep running Fractal and Neverreap

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Inspired by a previous post, is there anyone on Excalibur who can craft up a Tremor Guillotine for me for a fair price? I'm in game as Da Qing.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. It's surprisingly good at cleansing the berserk pacification, it really throws me off when I have a scholar healer.

THAT'S what's doing that. I had foolishly assumed I'd lucked unto some over achieving healers lately.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Think i'm gonna dedicate one of my retainers purely to holding champagne and heavenscrackers.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Thumbtacks posted:

Does anyone have the DRK tank mount thing? Wondering what it looks like.

Looks like a black couerl with dark red highlights.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

armoredgorilla posted:

Inspired by a previous post, is there anyone on Excalibur who can craft up a Tremor Guillotine for me for a fair price? I'm in game as Da Qing.

Any takers? :downs:

EDIT: Empress hooked me up too, hot drat! Thanks Emp!

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 29, 2015

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Oxyclean posted:

You get an XP bonus for the disparity between the level of your highest class and whatever class you're playing. In other words, get your lancer to 30, then do your marauder to 15. I don't think crafting and gathering work quite like they do in other MMOs, and take a lot more investment (their own gear and stats) so they're best done when you have the time/interest to dedicate to them.

On a similar note: Are there hunting logs for MCH/DRK/AST? Just unlocked them the other day and wasn't seeing any. Similarly, is there any for other classes' 50-60?

I would also take Pugilist to 12 so you can get their best cross-class skill for LNC/DRG (Internal Release) but its only 12 levels and not really a high priority.

Consider taking MRD to 26 so you can get Mercy Stroke and be done with those cross classes as well. Plus, if you're new to MMOs, getting an idea of how the tanking works will help you as a DPS.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Honestly the big elitist compromise could just be that they release savage 2 weeks before normal instead of the other way around or whatever. I don't think they should do that but that's what WoW ended up doing and I didn't see many complaints about the casuals being able to see content anymore.

There's no reason to compromise with elitists on this in the first place. Their ideas are stupid, they are a barely vocal minority, and not worth being considered.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

KaneTW posted:

One million Archeage units.

I like feet, so I'd agree with you if you remove the a and change an o into an i.

Pedophile confirmed

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Leofish posted:

I didn't want to bother any of the goon groups right away, since I'm still super new and I'm really casual, but if things keep getting more interesting I may go forward with it. My character is on Excalibur.

Bother the goon groups anyway. Being in a free company gives you an exp boost and people to chat with/ask game questions of. Worst thing that happens is the game never clicks and you get kicked after 30 days of inactivity.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Boris Galerkin posted:

What's the largest most comically oversized WAR axe and DRK sword available?

The Titan weapons probably.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Machinist and Bard are similar in that they're ranged physical dps classes with variable dps and support mechanics but how they get there is very different.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
The bonus quests are intended, according to a recent post, but you're supposed to get 3 random dailies as a bonus when you rank up. The bug is that if you get a daily you've already done, the game won't recognize it and instead of respawning it or giving you a different quest, it just offers nothing at all.

https://twitter.com/FFXIV_NEWS_EN/status/664469562126000128?lang=en

• Locked thread