Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Does anyone have the screengrab from one of the goon weddings with vows that were made using the translator phrases? It was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Velthice posted:

this was probably my favorite climax to any of the beast tribe quests. make the jokes you want

I won't make a joke. I will, however, make you feel bad for spoiling it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

:stare: What did he say?

I think it was something to the effect of "these small impish characters designed to look like little girls aren't little girls, you weirdos, so it's totally okay to dress them in s&m gear".

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"A young researcher hailing from the Near East has come to Eorzea in search of aid. His field of study? Anime"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Any word yet on what ilevel the relics are starting off?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Idylshire has exceeded it's maximum capacity of farting turtles."

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Truly the greatest addition to the DGKK household: the cumpuddle rug.

ruta posted:

I feel like scholar got a lot in its 50-60 abilities. I especially like Deployment and Emergency Tactics because they give you tools to better manage where and when you want what galvanize shields, and what is a scholar without being obsessed with micromanaging? I also love Dissipation. It's not just useful in progression content, but also PvP content! And I know just how much other Final Fantasy XIV players want to get into PvP!

Emergency Tactics is great when you have just used an indom and still need to heal the party for a good chunk, so Swiftcast>Emergency>Succor does the job pretty well.

3.2 also improved SCH game by allowing you to macro Sacred Soil to a target. Macro it to cast on yourself and it's now an instant ability.

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 8, 2016

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Eimi posted:

I loving hate Enochian still, but 3.2 made blm much smoother to play, so that I can finally play it without hating the game. The fights in general are more friendly as well in addition, but the 3.2 changes are the real difference maker. Also even in lovely gear I've crit for like 11k on Void Ark bosses so :getin: and all that.

This sounds interesting to me since I dropped BLM as my main shortly after getting it to 60 since I didn't really find it fun to play anymore. What 3.2 changes in particular make it more bearable now? Haven't touched the job in months.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

nuru posted:

And never tell steam to validate the game files.

This cannot be stressed enough.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Eimi posted:

I don't know if this got answered but they changed Astral Fire and Umbral Ice to last 12 seconds, and they did some changes to how buffs apply, those specifically apply after the spell casts rather than when it hits, meaning it feels very reactive. And it feels like there's a grace period on Enochian fading and you B4 going off. In general it feels more forgiving. It doesn't sound like much til you play around with it.

Awesome thanks! I'll have to try it out again to see if it feels better.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Anyone else from Primal just get kicked?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FaintlyQuaint posted:

The worst patch.

Saw it coming, but still..... :(

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I go with Labyrinth, Circus, WoD myself.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Between Merlwyb, 'Leviabeetus', and NA Redolent Rose, I think we can just agree that Roe NPCs are best NPCs. :colbert:

How could you not include Hoary Boulder in that list?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Burn My Dread posted:

Examples of Honest Healers™:

That last one...... :allears:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The tanks I hate the most are the jittery tanks who make it really hard to tell when they're going to stop moving all the mobs around. Just let me drop my shadow flare you dick! :argh:

And don't get me started on the tanks that move the mobs out of my bishop turrets range. Especially when i move the turret to where they went and they move AGAIN.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm trying to dodge aoes. put down your shadowflare and I'll get the mobs in it. If there isn't a ground aoe, I'm not to worried about keeping them all in one spot for casters.

Guess I should have clarified. I mean specifically tanks that shepard the mobs around like they are trying to herd them into a paddock. If you stop at a spot for 2 seconds, I will assume that is where you will stay until they are all dead, but nope, there's the odd tank who will decide "this spot sucks" and move them another 10 feet after i've finished casting.

Most tanks don't do this, thankfully.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

hagie posted:

Do I just keep dumping my attribute points into Dex as a Ninja Galka or should I splash into some other areas?

Hit 50 last night and I'm enjoying the stat boost from the full set of Gloam gear I've gotten through story progression.

If you get stressed about stat allocation, theres a cheap item you can get from your Grand Company that resets your stat points (for your current class) so there's no need to worry too much about placement if you think you messed it up.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I did it. I did the thing.

edit: also this happened today

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Teleport > Limsa Lominsa > Aetheryte > Arcanists' Guild > Ferry > Vesper Bay

I think this should go in the OP.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

So we were waiting for the tank to return from catastrophic packet loss-related disconnection, and one thing lead to another, and, uh

Those two cat people have awesome glamours.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I love that the first half of the new alliance raid is basically the exact opposite of Void Ark. It also looks really cool.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I like every single weapon they showed. If I had to pick a least favourite, i'd go with AST's just because it doesn't have the same impact as the others and looks kind of boring, but i'd still want it.

Time to level MNK I guess.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The three tank weapons are insanely good and fit surprisingly well into the game.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I love discovering new background fluff in this game. I was wandering around Mor Dhona a few weeks back and saw this miqo'te girl in arcanist gear looking around and saying "Where has he gotten to now?" and as soon as she turns her back a carbuncle summon pops up and sniffs around a few boxes. I was so amazed I just stood there for like 20 minutes watching the whole thing.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Actually, sorry to burst your bubble, but those are stock NPCs and not really anybody's retainer. They're just there for flavor.

The best thing about this is that one retainer npc who is like "My master xxXSephiroth47Xxx will be so pleased!"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

If you like beast tribe quests then you might enjoy BLM 30-50.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

All of these kb+m UI's are so filthy and disgusting. We need more controller SCH's.

This is my main hotbar but I have most of the other SCH abilities on my L2+R2 and R2+L2 bars. I have a mostly sensible setup for my SCH where all healing abilities are accessed with one hand and dps abilitites with the other. So I hold down R2 to get my main healing abilities that I use the most and any situational or ogcd heals I just hold down the L2 to get to them. Same with dps, just reversed. For fairy management I have a third bar that has the abilities for the fairy I currently have summoned and sic/obey buttons. The 2 summon buttons are macros that swap out the fairy abilities depending on which button is pressed. I also have an embrace pet macro on my main bar that I mash when I don't feel like healing the tank.

That pet hotbar on top of my main bar is purely for visual aid to show me when my fairy abilities are no longer on cooldown. It's the same with the two bars in the bottom right corner of the screen, they're just there so I can see abilitiy cooldowns.

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I've never used kb/m, but now that I'm levelling jobs with more than 2 crossbars worth of abilities, I've been considering switching over. I'm worried I'm going to be terrible at it.

This is from the previous page, but you can play every single job in this game with controller very easily and comfortably.

edit: oh okay, general UI stuff.... My focus bar isn't visible either but I have it placed to the right of my character. My target bar, party list and enmity list are all in the default position. I thought about maybe moving the status bar so its closer to the centre of the screen but it didn't really work out too well so it's also back at default. It's been so long that I can't remember if I moved the EXP or HP/MP bars from default.

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 20, 2016

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Yay, there is a Gold Saucer event incomlng. May 27 through June 10, GATEs, cactpots, and other various attractions will reward +50% MGP. We can also get the new "Eureka" emote through the seasonal quest. Get hype.

More info on Lodestone.

This is adorable. :3:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

bigmandan posted:

I've got MCH up to 50 now and noticed the gauss barrel at 52 will really change things up. Is there any situation to not have it on?

Always Barrel. The only situation it would help to take it off is if you need to kill adds in a short amount of time and also move a round a lot which doesn't happen very often. Once you get to 60 you'll have some more abilities that you can only use while the barrel is on and they are all really good and useful.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

There is so much good stuff in here. I really want those Vath/Vanu outfits. :allears:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SL the Pyro posted:

Welp, I was right on the money with that one. Good on you, Squar-

AND MY GOOD MOOD IS INSTANTLY OVERRIDDEN BY AN UNFATHOMABLE SENSE OF DREAD.

If SE has any sense, Mhach confirmed for the penultimate boss being more difficult than the final boss again.

You won't be able to physically attack him unless all 24 people have max rep with every beast tribe (incl. moogles).

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Yesterday I got 16k from a single cactpot.

This event is kind of insane.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have been playing Overwatch pretty much entirely since it launched but I will play this game today after work.

Also holy poo poo dem BRD buffs :getin:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Managed to do most of the MSQ stuff last night which doesn't usually happen for me. The trial was something special indeed. Not only is it a tough and fun fight but the cutscenes leading up to and following it are fantastic. I really wanted to give Alphinaud a big hug, I think he did a good job :3:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Argh! I want those promo items so bad. I'd glamour maid outfit + crag mask to every class. Curse you, europe-neglecting promotions. :negative:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Unknown Quantity posted:

3) Barrage goes on Empyreal Arrow and nothing else.

Since I recently started levelling BRD, i've meant to ask what I should use Barrage on and up till now i've been using it for procced Straight Shots.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Vil posted:

non-critical

Just further proof that i'm really bad at reading tooltips.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

It's just so dreadfully dull, ya know?

You will feel this way when you try to level any class that isn't your main since you (probably) won't have msq or sidequests to distract you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

Good, summoners are always too oblivious to rez people and it's about time someone stood up to one

There have been many times during a trial where the other healer is dead and I die and then select to return to beginning only to stare in horror at the 2 SMN icons in the party list as I fade out.

:negative:

• Locked thread