Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Thats the beauty of it, it doesent *DO* anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Link what

It's basically every thread you see it in

Elves referred to as "prancing"
"Tree-hugger"
"Preening"
"Fancy"
"Fabulous"
"Mincing" (yes, seriously)

that's just a handful of the ones I've seen recently

It paints a pretty ugly picture about the subconscious underpinnings of their desire for elf genocide

Liv Tyler is the hottest elf

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Its about time america had the talk re: friend of the family, ok to yell at black people again? No? AW BUT WHITE PEOPLE WANNA!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

ive never liked elves on account of theyre so frequently held up as a superior form of life, often to the point of having special souls, and that kind of stuff rubs me wrong.

I usually save my annoyance for not fake real things that actually exist just sayin

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

its not like i walk around all day annoyed by elves

isnt it?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

No I mean whatever started this tonight the lp

I doubt any one thing triggered it, SFT is very nearly an elf herself so it is an annoyance that is always bubbling near the surface.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

elves are not known for their star trek edits, so i must disagree

well vulcans are space elves, and spock accidently edited the timeline and spawned a new continuity with his red blob ship so

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

ello bruv

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

im only finding 2 out of 3 good reasons why I shouldnt quit my job and drag my family down to the keys to run a beachfront bar

how long until the keys are submerged, 30-50 years?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

I have learned this week that Americans still really get worked up about Treason.

I mean, the confederacy was vile because it was a racist slave state that desired to be destroyed but the amount of "Arggh TREASON!" stuff I've seen is pretty lol

People only really react that way because dudes will claim to be the only "real Americans" while sporting confederate flags and spouting about the war of northern aggression. They get real butthurt when you call em traitors to the colors and they're dicks so thats what we do.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

*woodrow slyly tries to slip his cellphone number onto the bottom left of the gif*

"now, now they will finally call, my eternal loneliness will be broken"

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

I don't believe there is a need for a god to exist to explain the existence of the universe or of the human race but I've always felt that people are entitled to whatever theology makes them more comfortable with their own mortality so long as it doesn't leave their home or church. It has no place infringing on anyone else's daily activity though.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm the same, though in the real world, not many people actually do this, and many of the most popular religions are evangelistic by nature. it is rather annoying to see public policy so riddled with religious influence.

Ive kindof developed the personal policy of being agressively uninterested in any kind of evangelism, argument or acknowledgement just encourages them, I just look straight through them now matter how loud or annoying they're being. Works best with headphones on. Though I do make my votes and oppose any kind of religiously influenced policy, which to be perfectly fair 9 times out of 10 is just opposing any christian theology that tries to sneak into law since you really dont see any other religion with enough traction to be worming its way through the halls of local government outside a few isolated orthodox jewish communities that have managed to take over entire townships.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

LorrdErnie posted:

If you feel that your time and energy can genuinely be better spent on something other than your current job, too bad; you will stick to this suboptimal work anyway, just because the risk of leaping to something else is too great. If you feel a desperate need to take time off to recharge your batteries, then don't expect to be able to come back. If your employer does something that truly troubles you, your American colleagues may resign on principle, New Republic style, but you have not the luxury of principles

he supposedly worked for high profile law firms for about a decade, so that makes his whole "they wouldnt sponsor me waahh" argument a lot tougher to swallow. The dude had options to sidestep without making some ridiculous charity leap, he likely had the income to offset the cost of his own green card application expense he could have found a company willing to sponsor him and hire him if he made concessions to make it happen.

The immigration system is hosed, but that dude had every opportunity to be his own advocate, sounds to me like he thought he was so important that there's no way things wouldn't work out for him so he kept things on cruise control and was shocked when the world didn't bend over backwards for him and made a desperate and risky move that could have been avoided.

Also, if he was doing legal work for fortune 500 companies he likely had enough income to just buy his way to legal citizenship. Its not a game about playing the rules, its about exploiting any advantage you have to get your green card. Dude refused to play, now he leaves.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

I don't think it is just as easy to buy your way to citizenship unless you're talking the property work around

with his income levels yeah, you have the options of a property work around, or a short term marriage of convenience.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

sudo rm -rf posted:

honestly sun worship is likely the most logical religious system if you think about it

how would it be more logical than earth worship?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

If youre not completely braindead and also not a complete wet noodle there's always construction. Otherwise youre probably best off hitting the community college and seeing what kind of certifications you could get quickly for mid level office work.

Spaceman Future! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 23, 2015

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

i hope you all celebrated the summer solstice properly

I played with my kid and then drank some whisky.

Nailed it.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i will swim

until the sun sets

are you also using jude law's genetic identity to excel at work?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Knockknees posted:

What is beauty

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

zoux posted:

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

oh man super funny spot on everyones gonna laugh

*crickets*

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

zoux posted:

Reasonableness? Big picture outlook? What a troll.

Thread reminder, Zoux likes to go on racist screeds about athletes

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

bjork is like 50 years old now

still would

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

My music stuff keeps recommending her to me based on what I like. I tried getting into it but its...not my thing.

apparently, it is.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

that was such a transparent troll.

i will give zoux credit in that he is good at just toeing the line where d&d will not just degenerate into name calling while saying things that are jusssst not racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever to piss everyone off.

yeah but so is this today, trying to bounce between arbiter of race and clueless well meaning racist may be first world as gently caress but its also incredibly tiring.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

context, like, "this is like when japan launched a surprise attack and we won by dropping nukes" or "this is worse than when japan forced us to drop nukes on them"?

Well the full context in that scenario would be that we had been leveraging oil interests against the japanese and playing economic proxy games against them that would constitute incredibly aggressive actions on our part and then feigned surprise when they reacted. Which also conveniently enough turned around the public opinion on involvement in WW2, an engagement that politicians were chomping to enter but the public at large was opposed to, funny that.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

you're too young to remember how hosed up the bush years were honestly

people who voted for bush dont remember the bush years either.

Tax cut, MASSIVE WAR, another tax cut, DEMOCRATS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEFICIT, more war, even less taxes, debts rising, THIS IS THE DEMOCRATS FAULT I SWEAR, total economic collapse, millions of jobs lost a year before Obama takes office, OBAMA RUINED THE ECONOMY

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Install glory holes in your new work bathroom

more of them?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Accusations that the democrats are trying to get us invaded and want the US destroyed

haha this field

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

nutranurse posted:

Jesus was too at some point

and he stayed that way for 2000 years and counting whats your point

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Be careful with that power. If someone mentions babies you're liable to implode.

Babies? Who said babies? I have a baby! I will post 30 pictures!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

which side of walkers lopsided face are we supposed to be watching

has he ever acknowledged that he is a picasso?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

"All I did was declare bankruptcy four little times, WHATS THE BIG DEAL"

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Popular Thug Drink posted:

president trump will declare bankruptcy

"China, youre not getting your money, you dont like it, GET FUCKE... hey whats that mis-"

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Iran believes in death to America? This news is going to make dinner with the gf all sorts of awkward

The GOP doubling down on bomb bomb bomb Iran. Worked for McCain! wait

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Small Frozen Thing posted:

oh man social issues and planned parenthood bullshit

side note, murdered baby fetuses are the best democratic delicacy that we dont tell republicans we eat. Arent they yummy everyone?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Obama divides the country!

by... having.. that skin color? Or something?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Pro gay republican political suicide, see it live!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Is the GOP even going to try to court black voters?

Walker didnt outright defend the police's right to shoot black people on sight which is lightyears ahead of standard gop policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

I guess after Cain they figured it best if the token black candidate never speak.

After hearing him actually speak he strikes me as a genuinely dull and slow candidate. Cain had fire at least, even if he was completely insane.

• Locked thread