Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Thyrork posted:

Celebrating Bee Independence Day. :allears:

Surely this is Inbeependence Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Blacktooth posted:

I was digging one of those vertical trenches to cut off corruption from my jungle, and at one point it was easier to take some water down with me. I had to dig down further than I expected to find a good spot to dump it off. I noticed when I had to go up for air that I kept having to go up higher each time. Not sure if I was imagining it, I placed a block at the water level, dug down about ten blocks or so, and went back up to check. The water level was the same.

In short, water duping is still a thing. Not sure about the other liquids.

I think this is related to the eliminating of the "diving bell" trick where you could make a little square of dirt underwater, and then excavate out the bottom to create a little dome of air. Now the new pocket you create is filled with water.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Supremezero posted:

Uh.

Huh.

So I decided to try out the slime mount I finally got around to getting. So I went to fight Skeletron. Started bouncing on his head and shooting down at him.

This worked pretty well. Right up until he said "gently caress this poo poo, I'm out", and started flying up. And up. And up.

Eventually, I was in space, fell off his head, but he kept going up.

So, er, apparently Skeletron despises this poo poo so much he leaves the planet. He didn't come back down, either.

:frogbon: :911:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc6AHtM8qKM

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Moon Monster posted:

It's funny how in the end Terraria ended up having the same plot as Bloodbourne. Or I guess I should say Bloodbourne had the same plot as Terraria.

Unrelated note, my Godly Terrarian yoyo just disappeared from my inventory. gently caress this, I'm getting an item editor...

Did you have it favorited? Do you use the auto-store command? If you have a chest with a yo-yo (or any weapon?) and use auto-store, it'll shove other similar items into the chest too.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

FirstAidKite posted:

Because the person who made it said it wasn't

The Death of the Author boss fight hasn't made it into Terraria yet, apparently

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

The process to automatically recover that data was insane. In most cases clips from the final show were just a couple seconds taken from one of like twelve re-dos of the same scene, with all the actors moving slightly differently but mostly identically.

Wanna watch the office master with fifteen straight takes of John Krasinski making the "Jim face". I bet that's what it feels like to go insane

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

neurotech posted:

Have they hinted at what time the update will be released?

I want to play this multiplayer in a shared persistent world with a friend. Is that possible?

10 AM Eastern on Saturday

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vib Rib posted:

I thought it was 10 AM pacific.
E: Can't find the original Cenx post but the best I could find is 1 PM Eastern, 10 AM Pacific on the 16th. They are doing a livestream countdown event at 10 AM Eastern though.

I was confused about that post about the livestream - you're probably correct, 10am is when the stream was starting

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Internet Kraken posted:

You know if there's one thing I don't like about Terraria its how the game has like 50 different crafting stations with extremely narrow uses.

They should just add tabs to the crafting window, instead of using the crafting stations to limit the number of recipes you can access at once.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Bad Munki posted:

We now have an auto-updating map available at http://terragoons.website/

Updates roughly every fifteen minutes after the server saves. It does keep a history so I'm hoping to make a cool animation later, but that web page doesn't have any mechanism to make that available yet. If someone wanted to make a cool web app for these images, I'd be happy to host it.

I really enjoyed this map. I like how obvious the vertical shafts created by people blasting down with dynamite/bombs are.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Memento posted:

The new wiki layout is loving dreadful. What prompts people to decide that ignoring the outside fifths of a widescreen monitor is a good thing?

Do you really expand a single browser window to fill a widescreen monitor? How do your eyes skip back to read text 20 inches away when you get to a new line? That's basically peripheral vision at that point.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Memento posted:

Well done on missing the point completely. The previous config meant that you could have the text on the left side of the screen, the info box on the right, the gif of how a particular item worked below the info box, and a contents section that you could click onto from anywhere.

Previously the Class Guides page had melee, ranged, magic, summoner, mixed across the page. Now you get three, and the other two are below it, and the columns where there's two don't expand to fill the available space. It's a massive regression in accessibility.

Sorry, from your post about screen width, I figured the issue was screen width and not about the number of columns being enforced

Yeah, that sucks that there are fewer formatting options. Let folks get real crazy with the CSS

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Does anyone have a blurb on how to get started with using mods? The OP is a version behind on the link about modding

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vib Rib posted:

Browsing by popular will still get some pretty good names, but yeah, there's far more worth playing than you'll find in just the top 50.

Where do you browse by popular? The in-game browser was pretty atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vib Rib posted:

There's sorting buttons at the top left corner. It seemed pretty functional to me when I used it.

Sort by popularity or total downloads and you'll get a good look at some of the important ones, but still worth asking around about some less popular gems.

Oh I see - those initially read to me as toggle buttons, and not something that would cycle through different options