Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BottleKnight posted:

Enjoy your kindergarten imprecise controls that will hold you back forever! You've dropped the hammer Kashuno!

The non-motion controls are so slow...

Play and star my Mario levels, bottleknight!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

BottleKnight posted:

Can I just search them out on miiverse or can I find them in-game? Not sure.

http://gamesplusone.com/gmm/index.php?by=60

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm still playing

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I don't like Lumpen because I blocked him a long time ago and it makes playing games with him exceedingly difficult!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'll run newbie games, sure.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

wait are we talking about chrono cross what is the question

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

oh i thought it was going to be like cool chrono cross trivia or something

Also we split threads? Please post new game announcements in here, too. I don't want to read the other thread.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't believe people still want to play FPS games when Super Mario Maker exists

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

this onslaught of new writers with one-hit-wonders like john green, andy weir, ernest cline and others just really runs into that problem for me a lot, LUTR. like their writing is either okay, or exceptionally bad. but they get a pass because of the content of their work, which confuses me.

John Green has, like, five really good books (about the same subject).

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I... Hate rye. :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

busb posted:

Another reason why all dogs should die.

Let's talk about cool animals like spiders and sharks instead

you suck dogs are great

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tommunist posted:

a pitbull walked into my local pub a couple nights ago and it took 20 minutes to get it out

After appearing at a Wal-Mart in Alaska, I'm surprised he can get more than 10 minutes at any self-respecting pub.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like my place on that chart.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I was gonna reply to all the stuff about facial hair, meeting goons, ages, etc, but Asiina's statistics post from like eight pages ago made me so mad.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh I have a Facebook. It's a good Facebook. Someone from here added me recently but I don't know what their forum name is.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Me : Math :: Frankenstein : Fire

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Math is the enemy of the language arts. Math must be put to death and a poem must be written about it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I turned 30 back in July. I feel the same, pretty much.

I have had a pretty large internet presence. My first big community was related to Dragonball Z when I was a teenager at the Planet Namek Message Board. That site died not long after but it splintered into another community that is more General shittery-focused and I'm still friends with people there. I also got into amateur voice acting when I was a teen, since it was something I wanted to do for a living - and eventually did actually dabble in - and was a big part of those communities, where I was a mod/admin/haven for drama. I've met probably about 60 people from those forums IRL and about ten of them are people I've been friends with for over a decade now, and I'm sure I'll still be friends with them afterward. I'm officiating the wedding of one of them in May of next year and he and a girl from that site are as close to me as my closest friends who I grew up with - we travel to different destinations yearly to hang out and we do weekly podcasts and Youtube shows together. The AVA community means a lot to me since those were critical years for me (following my dad's death and the transition from high-schooler to adult) and it's awesome when I see how successful many of them became, doing voices for anime and commercials and stuff. It's cool to talk to a guy who was a gym leader in Pokemon and talk about that time he crashed on my recliner.

I... also had a LiveJournal I updated regularly for ten years and, uh, a Fanfiction.net account I abandoned when I was 17. The people I knew from Fanfiction.net were... weird.

I came to SA because I liked the Front Page. I have only met Winvirus and GulagDolls, and even then only for a little bit. I have a Facebook I update all the time and everyone should friend me. I have a Twitter I use for jokes that are too dirty for Facebook, but then I don't really censor much anymore. I have a Tumblr but haven't logged on in probably two years.

That is my community and internet history. Good day.

Edit: Ooh! SAMafia connection to it all: When I first played mafia on SA, in the first Heroes game, I played a lot more games and then put myself in the large queue with Battle Royale and promptly vanished from Mafia, leaving my game at the top of the queue for five years. I vanished because I took Mafia to the voice acting forums and ran games there and it was cool trying new things on a community that didn't already have a meta. I ran Battle Royale there four years before I finally came back and ran it here.

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 2, 2015

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

I have no secrets. OR DO I?

I will answer the next three questions directed to me truthfully.

Did you REALLY meet Ecco? Also third question: How much do you just HATE Ecco?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I will answer the next three questions truthfully but then after that might still answer questions truthfully but then those answers might also be lies, not sure, but those first three will def be truth.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

what is your height

what is your favorite color

how do you feel about the upcoming 2016 election re:statewide offices?

6'4
Dark blue
Gerrymandering will continue to make a red state of what should ostensibly be a blue state in Georgia. It is depressing. I will still vote, however, in the hopes of a Southern liberal utopia.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

How much do you enjoy ice cream?

What is your favourite colour?

Do you use your phone while on the toilet?

A lot!
Orange.
Sometimes...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm also going to answer other peoples' questions

EccoRaven posted:

HA

would you ever move to America?

What is your opinion on Belgium?

Do you have any stories about pumpkins that you'd like to share?

Yeah, for sure.
Good waffles.
My mom made me a pumpkin costume for Halloween. It was big and orange and silly looking and I felt ridiculous but my mom made it so I wore it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kashuno posted:

I moved in with two randoms off craigslist because I decided to move without a job and instead just pickup my poo poo and go.

I don't like either of my roommates.

I wouldn't want to live with randos. They might be murderers. Or maybe a murderer might awaken within me. Either way, bad ending.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Amoeba102 posted:

Where did you hide the bodies?

why would you hide them? be proud of your sexy temple

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR HAMBURGERS

Not picky. I like to switch it up. I'm into bleu cheese right now.

EccoRaven posted:

WHAT DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR HOT DOGS

Kraut and PB!

Meinberg posted:

What's your favorite kind of curry?

Not a fan.

QuoProQuid posted:

What is your favorite kind of map projection?

Anything Ptolemy. *swoon*

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Still answering all questions, often out of context.

Meinberg posted:

If animals didn't want to be eaten, then why are they so tasty?

Tools of the devil. This is why animals don't have souls.

Meinberg posted:

Who is being ironic?

Everyone. All the time.

Rarity posted:

Why would I do that when you can just go watch them online?

Because it harkens back to a simpler time when streaming media wasn't as prevalent. It hits you with the simple feeling of nostalgia and enhances your viewing pleasure.

Magnus Gallant posted:

What about an external hard drive with every mst3k ever on it?

It depends on if it is legally licensed by the company that owns the rights. Legality is a necessity!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why only reality?

This assumes there is only reality and nothing beyond.

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why only competitive reality? Is your brain broke?

I hate to answer a question with a question, but do realities compete? What happens if one reality wins over the other?

And my brain excels in stock trading and is well-off.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

What if I sent you a flash drive with The Wire and Breaking Bad on it and a video of a man sticking his head in the toilet and swirlying himself repeatedly?

I would thank you for returning my lost flash drive.

Podima posted:

I've been meaning to check out The Genius. Where's the best place to watch it subtitled?

Probably not Korea. Also I could not finish Season 2. No one was as likeable as the S1 cast.

quote="Magnus Gallant" post="450981070"]
I've never seen mad men, is it good?

What's it about? Jon Hamm
[/quote]

Yes and Jon Hamm.

Podima posted:

hi mafiadiscussion thread, I'm sitting on the couch in my in-laws' house drinking beer and watching the genius, how are you all?

Good, man. About to stream video games on Twitch.

CCKeane posted:

TV is trash why don't you all expand your mind with the work of noted author Terry Goodkind?

Television is great. Books are abominations and television is a way to get knowledge and entertainment simultaneously. I will eat a television then you can eat my poo poo for power.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kashuno posted:

I'm pretty content to have never smoked a cigarette ever

same

I wish my mom would quit though

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Girl Talk and Protomen are both cool and good.

I have not watched past the middle of season 2 of The Genius. It killed all the goodwill of season one in one or two episodes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

mr.capps posted:

the more i think about the more i realize every player in mafia could be a kieron gillen character from his vast collection of work

im thor

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

People born in the 70s freak me out

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Where at, Kaschei?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

stop buying apple products

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, my last short league ended when one of the AIs got a map that made their passing game almost unbeatable (and I hosed up the mirror), so it's time for a new one.

First five posters to quote this post get to be rugby robots.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kashuno posted:

People who make cases are scum.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Kashuno posted:

People are scum.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This conversation has inspired me to run a game.

The Triple Temple - A Choose-Your-Own-Alignment Game is now taking sign-ups.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

this is because she is

a mean girl

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I wore a pink shirt to work on Wednesday and people were like "I like your shirt" and when it was a white girl who said it I would say "On Wednesdays we wear pink" and none of them got it so I think I might work with some fake white girls.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Grandicap posted:

Or maybe the movie is over a decade old?

So are all the people I work with!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

EccoRaven posted:

yeah it started last month but ended yesterday :( christmas will be less secret this year in the Anax household.

Wait did it really? I really wanted to do it this year what the hell