Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i still refuse to buy an ipad pro until the pencil gets an eraser :mad:

it might get one if they switch it to qi charging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7noLAUMuosg

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Scott Forstall posted:

iOS 11 seems good on my 10.5 iPad Pro

thx craig

lol if you didnt load the beta on it the day you bought it smh

poty
Jun 21, 2008

iphone 8 reviews are out

the wsj gives a thundering meh

i skimmed the beginning of grubers and apparently its an incredibly amazing phone

poty fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 19, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

the fact that the wsj didnt assign joanna <3 to do the review tells you everything about how small potatoes the iphone 8 is

poty
Jun 21, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

nice whitespace on 6s+

nice bad app collection

poty
Jun 21, 2008

apple watch series 3 review is out

http://www.wsj.com/video/apple-watch-series-3-review-no-iphone-no-problem/B0744907-696B-4DA2-BDB6-43FA0629344E.html

the latest installment in the series joanna <3 wears a silly camera hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0w0K-6uZjs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAXRJPbT-5M

poty
Jun 21, 2008

coke posted:

because they are catering to the dumbest motherfuckers eg. the so so stupid fake wifi toggle button in control center for people ":qq: i forgot to turn on my wifey so now i have no more data :qq: "

"this is a thing that doesn't really do what it meant to do"

you go outside, click on turning off the wifi button because it has a noticeable drain on battery life if you leave it on, or if you just dont want it to hop on the random 'xfinity'/'attwifi' that will present you a loving authentication page while you are doing something else

when you get to another place with wifi, you slide up the control center and sees the wifi is still on?? what if you press it again??? what the gently caress would it do then?

does it actually turn off wifi if you press it again?
did the button malfunctioned when you pressed the first time and you actually had to press twice for it to be *~truly off~*??

who the gently caress knows

wi-fi doesnt have any effect on battery life this is not 2008 anymore. apple assumes you want it on all the time because theres literally no reason not to. same with bluetooth. good change 👍🏻

poty
Jun 21, 2008

echinopsis posted:

well tbf sometimes a wifi connection is hosed and so u want to force mobile so the function works well

thats exactly what the toggle does now it disconnects you from the lovely network youre on without turning it off forever you leading brand of retard

poty
Jun 21, 2008

holy poo poo its loving huge

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wow this is cool

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/21/16344028/magic-sudoku-ar-app-puzzles-apple-arkit

poty
Jun 21, 2008

lol if you have to take a picture of the sudoku in order to solve it instantly like some sort of caveman

poty
Jun 21, 2008

poty
Jun 21, 2008

bump_fn posted:

goddamn millennials and their *squints* safe areas

poty
Jun 21, 2008

judging by the apple quarterly results forecast it looks like even they werent expecting this which is so dumb. they forecasted more or less iphone 7 launch numbers.

it was so obvious that i bought options for the first time in my life to bet their stock would go down this week and made money for a few iphone xs

poty fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 23, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i bet i can flip the top of the line x for $2k if i can get in on the first batch of shipments

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Management posted:

sometimes marco's whining gets media attention for problems people inside Apple have been complaining about for years. Apple management reacts a lot more to media pressure than to engineers ranting in bug reports. the Mac Pro is a good example. everyone knew the trash can was a stupid idea, but it's only now that they are taking it seriously.

other times marco is just a whiny bitch and makes a huge deal out of nothing and everyone hates him.

do people at apple talk about my posts and how they should hire me immediately because im the next steve jobs

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Pierogi posted:

dont sign you're apps

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i installed high sierra and it went fine stop being pussies

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Management posted:

back your poo poo up

dont back anything up its all fake news from big storage companies. they want you to buy hard drives to keep data you already have?? what a waste

poty
Jun 21, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im somewhat vaguely touching computers (finishing masters in physics while working as credit risk analyst). don't want to blow off to some random place before i get my degree done and see what's and how with my further study aspirations

to address greece specifically, working in non-customer service finance in latvia i make good enough money to better off than most greeks are. besides, i'm very picky about the places i would like to live in europe (greater scandinavia, benelux (more like bene), germany, austria, switzerland, maybe northern italy).

thats a well chosen degree + job + plans goongrats.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

yospos is more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HTexqxo1og&t=48s

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

this is dumb as gently caress

and you don't have a loving clue of what you're talking about, feel free to tell me what is mistagged here you dumb gently caress

wow this is so badly tagged im getting physically sick

poty
Jun 21, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Apple's lineup of iPhones next year will introduce a larger-screened LCD model, measuring more than 6 inches, according to a report today by The Bell (via The Korea Herald). It's unclear whether this size will be an additional offering to the current LCD iPhone lineup (including 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models), or if it's replacing these sizes completely.

In May we heard the first rumor about Apple's 2018 iPhones, which at the time focused solely on the OLED versions and did not mention the LCD models. This rumor stated that the devices would come in 5.28-inch and 6.46-inch OLED screen sizes. A subsequent report by ETNews suggested that Apple had ditched the small 5.28-inch size and moved to focus on 5.85-inch and 6.46-inch models, and today's report corroborates those claims.

apple is dead

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Mad Wack posted:

if my early 2000s experience with allofmp3.ru is any guide $1000 is all of the music in the world, in flac, from an organized crime family

it was a disturbingly good service. shame russian hacking has gone downhill from there

poty
Jun 21, 2008

bloomberg businessweek out of nowhere with one of the greatest gifs of all time

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-10-04/apple-and-qualcomm-s-billion-dollar-war-over-an-18-part

poty
Jun 21, 2008

my fav sa new bug is the one where i dont get an unread count for this thread anymore

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The Management posted:

the haunting spreads

the google thread is cursed too

poty
Jun 21, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

i thought i noticed that. marked the thread as un-read and then clicked back to mark it read, and so far i think it's back to normal? haven't been many posts though so maybe it will break again after a certain amount like with the microsoft thread

:iiam:

yeh this seems to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

AWWNAW posted:

sorry I know y'all been waiting on my 2017 MacBook Pro review 15" with touch bar and sorry to keep y'all waiting but it takes time

the trackpad is too loving big

the USB ports are too loving small, can't fit poo poo in there

the arrow keys... what happened here Tim? Jony? Phil?

the keyboard is weird!

I guess I don't miss the real world tangible tactile escape key as much as I thought I would

boy I'm sure going to need quite a few dongles

it cost too drat much

touch bar is a gimmick

I have 14 days to decide whether I'm keeping this abomination

what are you gonna do buy a windows laptop instead? lol

• Locked thread