Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Feminition posted:

i realized i got huge quads but next to no hammies so i had to humble myself and do some isolated machine work

so embarassing

Or you could just squat deeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Lunixnerd posted:

What is your pre-squat ritual gbs? I like to draw a pentagram in chalk around the rack and then say HAIL SATAN with every rep. Apparently the left hand path is one of sick gainz and low bodyfat.

I like to kick the cage a few times, scream a few times, set off the lunk alarm, then attack the bar like he's Triple-H and I'm about to give him the Rock Bottom!

Ralp posted:

I don't think that's why it was gassed but I never read the old thread.

The old thread was moved to YLLS and the moment Shine saw it, his only reply was "no" and it was gassed. Ask him why it can't be in YLLS.

(http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693874&pagenumber=183#lastpost)

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

There's two bros at the gym talking about bro science and about how good the advice is Unironically right now lmao

ITT I'm at the gyms posting on my phone!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Uh yeah because when you lift heavy weights, you rest between sets. Sorry you're a twink doing body weight exercises.

Yeah, when I "rest", I focus on actually resting and watching the clock and thinking about the next set

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao "focus on resting" what.

Let's see: review my form in my head, look around at other people lifting around me to check myself, check out the girls in yoga pants, think about my next set, punch in the numbers on my phone, watch the clock, get ready and go again.

Me: *quickly type in my set weight into my phone (much higher than yours BTW), check out cute girl doing squats, do my next set.
[/quote]

I notice you forgot to mention "browse the Internet, post on Facebook and SA forums, lose track of time, and piss off people waiting on you."

quote:

(much higher than yours BTW)

Yeah, yeah, I've got an eight and a half inch dick.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

JebanyPedal posted:

I've got an 8.5 inch, 6.25 circumference dick, a deadlift of 495, and post on SA between sets.
You are a human being and need to be executed ASAP by my boy Hennie the 7th

gently caress! My dick is only 3 inches around and I can only DL 300lbs! :downsgun:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Jesus, there are some old fucks in this thread.

:rock:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Feminition posted:

all exercises men do basically

Especially the cock pushups

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Mortimer posted:

ive never really read into programs beyond "do this on these days" so what happens if I fail mid set? should I give it a rest and try to finish the set at the same weight? kick it down a few?

???

i mean other than hanging myself because failing a squat makes you feel like a babychild

Double your rest time and hit it again.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

When you start your ohp, do you lift from the ground or from a rack? I find it harder to start from the ground and get into position, and I fail more reps that way than from the rack.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Mortimer posted:

why would you start from the ground? that sounds like a lot of extra work

Sometimes the racks are unavailable.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I've never had one of those piston chairs that ever didn't eventually start leaking and sinking the more you use it. I can just imagine that happening to that MAXX Bench.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Dum Cumpster posted:

It only helps you in situations where not using clips or the roll of shame work just as well. If you drop the weight or your shoulder gives out you're still hosed. Just set the safeties up correctly and you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars.

Never underestimate the desire of people to spend lots of money to not feel a moment of shame

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I squatted 335 lbs 4x6 yesterday, in case anyone wants to gently caress

Get bak to us when you can lift more than your own weight! :boom:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

If you're not looking at your own balls when you're squatting, you're doing it wrong. How else are you going to keep all that weight on your neck?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

bamhand posted:

I squat 110% bodyweight x 50 after taking a week of holiday eating and being lazy. My world is pain.

I did 95% bodyweight today after three months of recuperation from a heel injury. I can't wait for the DOMS to set in.!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Definitely DOMSing today. Fuuuuuuuck!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I had a couple of months off, I'm sure it will go away in a few days and I'll be back to getting pumped!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Hit the gym this morning, still sore as poo poo from Wednesday, forgot I have two foam rollers! Roll that poo poo!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Party Alarm posted:

Visited my folks who live a in a different state. Wanted to work out. They have a membership to this place called Workout Anytime that isn't open on sundays.

It isn't even open late during weekdays.

I'm just going to guess it's a bible belt state.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Third day back at the gym, the pain is subsiding, but not fast enough.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

notZaar posted:

I can't even do 1 split, much less hold it for five days.

As for before, I do the squats first (that's the order the app tells me to do it) but that doesn't make the deadlift easier. I've been doing the program since March and I keep plateauing on my squats at ~210 lb.

How much do you weigh? And what do you do when you plateau? And what else do you do? If you absolutely can't get past it, take a week or two off and go back to it. Also, what is your Deadlift?

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 10, 2015

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

notZaar posted:

Weight is 162 lb although that is ~12% BF. Deadlift is currently at 240 5x5 although I haven't plateaued there yet.

I'm just following the program so when I fail to increase the squat 3 times in a row I do 80% deload. Taking time off (ie a long weekend) hasn't really helped much.

I had that trouble too. When I say take time off, I mean take a full 7-14 days off, i.e. not doing anything. Don't go to the gym. The program will have you deload appropriately when you start again, but as you get back up to where you were, you will find it easier. Follow the program, don't deload one day and then go back to where you were the next.

Also, Deadlifts at your work weight are supposed to be 1x5, not 5x5.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Likewise. My fingers always feel like the point of failure when I'm pushing my upper limit.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

That's a dude? I thought that was the makeup for the new Fantastic Four movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

GORDON posted:

Ok, I take it back, he is a svelte 400 and strength training is exactly what he should be doing. I have been corrected and if he is still there in a month I will apologize for thinking thoughts about him.

Well, he should be doing more than 7 reps per set, but doing five sets of fairly light weight is not strength training, and probably is what he needs to be doing, if he upped it to 10 or even 15 reps

• Locked thread