Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Serperoth posted:

Who got death and rape threats when they removed NSFW content from comments.

Definitely one of the creepier parts of that "community" is their obsession with her. In good times they act like she's literally jesus and as soon as things turn sour.. well, yeah.

I think the reason I'm still visiting imgur (apart from occasional funny pictures) is morbid curiosity. Nearly every day you'll find outrageous poo poo on the front page (admittedly, often straight from reddit) and it's like a zoo of lovely people in there, so it has the same appeal as the PYF AUG thread just that you're instead watching them in their natural habitat :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

This seems to be the norm for Imgur nowadays. Racist poo poo gets a free ride to the front page, normal humans slam it in the comments for existing. Unless they can justify why those drat uppity blacks don't deserve respect or women are prudish whores!

It's actually even weirder. If you find an incredibly sexist post it'll undoubtedly have comments decrying the poster of being a shithead, but if you find a post about gender equality or the like you'll have a wall of posts calling the poster a slut whore tumblr feminazi. I guess it shows how unified their "community" is :shrug: Whenever an opinion has the majority, just like reddit, the opposing opinion quickly gets downvoted to the "bad comment section" and hidden from regular viewing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I just found out on imgur that there has been a massive explosion in China and hundreds are injured, at least 13 dead. What does imgur have to say? Same thing they say every time anything remotely Asian gets posted

"Ho Lee Fuk"
"Sum Ting Wong"
"Ho Ree Sheet"

:smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy it's time for more rampant racism on the imgur front page!

"N*gga tellin' da trut"

Previous gems by the same poster include;
Talking about how "the multicultural experiment" has failed in Europe because of filthy immigrants
Quotes from Varg Vikernes
Lashing out at "gypsies and jews" for ruining the western civilization
Misogynistic rants

..and more!

Aside from being low-hanging fruit, I don't see why pointing out poo poo like this on imgur is such a horrible thing :shrug:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

"You'll find that it's actually the non-whites who are the real racists :smug:"

In unrelated news, apparently there was some woman who raped a kid and didn't get a very harsh sentence and now imgur is on the case to tell you that this is proof feminism is actually misandry and they were right about the feminazi gestapo all along.

Also, this nugget:

"the only legitimately funny female gamer"
The only experience I have with her is people being creepy about her and posting 200-picture galleries with comments on how they need to "unzip, brb" on imgur. Hell, the second top comment is a gif of her bouncing her leg that gets reposted several times a week because people thinks she's masturbating :negative: Burn "gaming culture" to the ground.

Your Computer has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Aug 22, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
MRA's love that argument, don't they?

Take that you drunk, spermjacking sluts :smugdog:

Speaking of

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Front page edit: Wow, Front page? PM me your nudes. Jk, don't really, I'll feel bad

But it doesn't stop there.

So I saw this confession bear (http://imgur.com/gallery/sYhpFks) this morning of a guy who took his best friend's phone and figured I should finally confess... Senior year of high school, my best friend started dating this girl that we had both had a crush on FOREVER, and she is REALLY hot. Freshman year of college, my phone broke and I bought his old Droid II off of him to hold me over for a while. He restored the phone to the factory settings (thinking that would erase everything) and for $20 it was mine. Not less than two days later I was looking at pictures of my long time crush completely naked. I downloaded a program called Wondershare Data Recovery and used it to restore EVERY SINGLE ONE of his old files. When you delete files (or restore a phone to factory settings), the phone does not actually *delete* the files, it just makes them unaccessible. They only disappear if your phone/computer writes something over those files. So since he wiped it and sent it to me, I restored all of the old files perfectly and now have 37 beautiful pictures on my laptop. This has been my confession. And a how to. Or a how not to, depending on who you are. FP Edit: Send me more nudes. Or golden retrievers.

Tags: Funny

:dogbutton:
I mean, sure, it's the right use of the meme but what a loving broken piece of human garbage do you have to be to do something like that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Mark this day on the calendar, Imgur finally uses a meme correctly.

They're on a loving roll:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why people call it video game drama. It's not about games, it's about ethics in video game journalism misogyny, and it's literally just a horde of manchildren getting angry that females women have opinions. :shrug:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
loving :lol::lol:

unleash your red arrows.

Comments disagree as always:
"Jesus. If ever we needed more evidence of a martyr complex developing around here, look no further than this title."
"If you think imgur was EVER edgy, you need to get out more..."

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
"Just because this particular image macro came from Stormfront doesn't mean that it can't have valid points"

e: no I don't care if the person who posted it also posts about how Breivik was right what about black on black violence?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, I haven't checked imgur in a couple of week- .... :yikes:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

quote:

lucky13kenny via Android8 points : 3 replies : 6 hours ago reply
I miss when everyone was an rear end in a top hat. Now everyone is just up their own rear end whining about everything.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:911:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Imgur found a new innovative way to hate on black people!

The comment section looked at the person's previous comments and found that they were actually from Chicago. That comment got promptly deleted :shepface:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AtomD posted:

I might be afraid of American cops simply because I never talk to them, see them in my area or deal with them in any way whatsover. I'm basing my opinion of American cops on very vauge notions. But you know what, instead of being embarrased about this, I'm going to wear it as a badge of edginess. Toot toot last call for the poo poo train to garbage-ville. Oh hey, that'll be me then.

Hey, I'm a Norwegian count me in :toot::norway::toot:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

But a person can be from one place and live in another?

"I'm one of the only white girls in my school, and I get constantly harassed by teachers and other students for my skin colour, and there is so much hate crime against whites that no one cares anymore. I'm sorry if I sound racist but one day I'm so afraid and paranoid that I haven't gone to school in over a week."

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Fought off the SJW

Im a crossdresser and was shopping alone in a women's clothing store. The look on her face was priceless. :smuggo:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

From the comment section

quote:

Mine is getting raped and beaten to death. That's a life-ruiner too.
show bad replies

quote:

Cuz violent rape and murder happens as often as false accusations lmfao

FEMALES always ruining mens life with their spermjacking and rape accusations. It's a hard life for a man these days :qq:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Morally Inept has started posting memes on imgur? His depravity truly knows no limits.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another runner-up for the gold medal in mental gymnastics

You know, like how blackface was the first sign that racism was over.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are no words :thumbsup:

I have to wonder what the "defending" part of SA is though, what's that about?

Your Computer has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Nov 27, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha yeah I saw that one before, it's still as loving dumb. Is that on the front page? What are the comments like.
Honestly, the comments aren't interesting at all :( It seems like the general consensus is that the image is dumb.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Back in the day ebaumsworld stole a bunch of front page stuff and removed the watermarks so goons (and some other sites) lead a DDoS attack on ebaum's world.

If you were like, 13 at the time it was super cool and edgy.

Oh, that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's Eugenics Day over at imgur!

with a choice quote

SuckMyFilingCabinet 4 points : 1 reply : 44 minutes ago reply posted:

Hitler kinda gave eugenics a bad name.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NotAnArtist posted:

#notallzombies

Isn't there a thing where racist gun nuts substitute "zombie" for "black people" and make shooting targets and stuff? I remember hearing about that somewhere, and it makes this a lot less funny :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Brutal Honesty

:cripes:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
9,931 Views, 113 Favorites
422 ups 68 downs

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Give it another ten minutes. It'll be both driven into the ground and repossessed to cast the bigot as sympathetic and the lambaster as a reactionary loon.

Yeah, sorry to say this but I've definitely seen it used in a transphobic way (you can probably figure it out) :smith: Pretty sure I also saw one where the bottom text contained "#triggered". rip memes you were too good for this world

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eponine posted:

I wonder how they deal with the fact that Black Lives Matter backs Bernie.

They're still fuming over the ladies that disrupted one of ol' Bernie's speeches to talk about BLM that one time months ago. I'm not even kidding.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mng posted:

gently caress you imgur for making me hate puffins on sight.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is there a rule against posting pictures of small cunts, and if not, why not?

No, that was Barts :eng101:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Spotted this awful post

"Tolerant society be like"

followed by the comment

quote:

I love that when you google the headline Stormfront comes up. Is that where you get your news OP? http://imgur.com/MdgvSW9

I love it when comments call out people who get their "news" from Stormfront and Breitbart :allears:

Which reminds me that The Racism Sniffing Dog is still the best thing to ever come out of imgur.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Ron is great, but people idealize him for the wrong reasons. They only care about his libertarianism and love of bacon and other "manly" traits.

I haven't seen the show, so my experience with the character is purely of the "he says what everyone else is too pussy to say" and "how to be a real man" variety.

It's awful and it's god damned everywhere.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Smelly posted:

Pretty sure it does this for non registered lurkers

And it's always fun when someone who has been lurking unregistered finally registers and thinks it's just part of "SA slang" and goes into a thread like "gently caress this poo poo, it's loving good!" :allears:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quadrophrenic posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/hWB5K

I'm not sure I can elucidate how this is racist, but it sure does feel racist to me, or at the very least really gross and weird. And there's definitely some good ol fashioned racist gems in the comments, certainly:

maybe I'm being nitpicky and oversensitive? idk. i feel like some of this post is crossing over into a "look at this beautiful exotic creature" sorta thing

Nah, the post is gross as heck.

Also, my eyes literally rolled out of my head and are currently making their way across the floor at this part:

quote:

Since there were many negative connotations attached to being a “ginger” RHM switched those negatives into a positive.
You heard it here first, redheads were looked down upon in society until ~*~imgur~*~ started the "Red Head Monday" trend of posting the same 5 women with dyed red hair over and over every loving week.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mng posted:

Was it removed from the front page? I see no comments and it shows 0 views.

Says it has 30k views for me.

Also, the top comment was that the imagine is inaccurate because the father isn't absent :jerkbag: It had close to a hundred upvotes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Archibald Tuttle posted:

"Not unpopular to yall"

http://imgur.com/gallery/SnTsv71

The man knows his audience.

Imgur is full of "unpopular opinions" today about how untalented and ugly they find Beyonce and what a racist terror group the Black Panthers were :jerkbag:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Look, it's White Straight Cis Male (his description) here to tell everyone what TRUE feminism is!

http://imgur.com/gallery/mmFNG

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

It's misused and a meme because people take great offense to trigger warnings and make fun of it (ironically), not the other way around. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't see why you'd put the blame on "SJWs" for putting trigger warnings on things and not the assholes who don't take you seriously.

Much like "tumblrite feminazi" stuff, much of the outrageous "triggered" stuff you see everywhere is produced by 4chan and the like in an attempt at mocking "SJWs" for daring to call them out on being assholes. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

because triumphant, meme-filled diary entries add to your internet score.

• Locked thread