Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
This trolling is like something Onion Biden would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Necc0 posted:

I just want to establish this rule right now : Whether or not Biden ends up running whoever ends up being right isn't allowed to gloat about it too much. You can gloat a bit though. Just a bit.

Can I gloat extra for having kept the same position for months?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Told you.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Could someone explain this to me
https://www.predictit.org/Contract/1749/Will-Donald-Trump-become-a-third-party-presidential-candidate-in-2016#data
https://www.predictit.org/Contract/982/Will-Donald-Trump-become-a-third-party-presidential-candidate-this-year#data

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Necc0 posted:

Yeah exactly. It almost feels like Biden.Run all over again where I have all the Very Serious people telling me to ignore the reality right in front of me. The guy is filling stadiums on an almost daily basis.

If he maintains this lead into the new year I'm going to start letting off my Trump.No shares. If he takes New Hampshire & South Carolina I'll liquidate.

No matter what happens I got a hell of a lot of Bush No for cheap :devil:

I'm the one who was right about Biden No from the very beginning no matter how bad the hype got, and regarding Trump, I can tell you one thing: I don't know lol.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Friend Ben is has an unusually high valuation in the dropout market.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Analyst wisdom says Trump Iowa is slightly overvalued and Cruz slightly undervalued, but you have to remember who you're dealing with. If I was betting I'd never mess with any markets that Trump affected.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Managed to get 400 shares of Bush making the next major debate at 95c a pop. Slow and steady.

Doesn't the way the fees work mean you don't make any money off those?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah his Iowa shares just went up 12¢ in 10 hours.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Predictit tends to be the most susceptible to wishful thinking of betting markets. It usually manifests as boosts to Trump and Bernie.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Misc posted:

TRUMP.SWEEP4.NO trading at 76¢ seems like quick easy money if he doesn't win in Iowa.

If you think he's going to lose Iowa, you can actually make more money off of CRUZ.IACAUCUS16.GOP at 62¢. I mean, unless you think someone else would take it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Misc posted:

TRUMP.SWEEP4.NO trading at 76¢ seems like quick easy money if he doesn't win in Iowa.

If you think he's going to lose Iowa, you can actually make more money off of CRUZ.IACAUCUS16.GOP at 62¢. I mean, unless you think someone else would take it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:bernin:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If you have reason to believe Cruz will take Iowa, I'd wait until the next set of polls before you buy in that direction.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Take it from the guy who was the most right about Biden: Trump will not be at the debate.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Trump showing up late would be too amazing even for him.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Hey Cruz, why don’t you put your money where your mouth is?

He already put tens of millions of dollars on Trump showing up.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Always bet on Trump. :dukedog:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Take it from the guy who was the most right about Biden: Trump will not be at the debate.

Wow, every prediction this guy has made has been correct.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gibberish posted:

I'm shocked that Trump's IOWA.YES is only at 63 cents. Seems like a complete steal, I'm putting $100 into it right now.

I'd be cautious, like usual, with Trump bets. We're in totally uncharted territory with him skipping the debate. I personally expect him to win but it's not that certain.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Something I've never understood: what's with all the comments supporting predictions? Isn't that irrational to do, if you're actually stating what you believe, since it's encouraging the market to move against your moneymaking? Or are they all saying the opposite of what they think?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Tomorrow at 5:30 there's going to be a stream on desmoinesregister.com leading up to a 5:45 announcement of the polling results. This is the one done by a legendary revered pollster famous for predicting Obama in 2008. It's probably going to affect the Iowa markets a lot. Just a heads up.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

A Time To Chill posted:

Heh well when all the candidates except Carson phase out of this reality on Monday, we'll see who has $100 :smug:

http://www.theonion.com/article/terrified-jeb-bush-beginning-fade-visible-spectrum-52060

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Snipe alert: https://www.predictit.org/Contract/509/Will-Ted-Cruz-win-the-2016-Republican-presidential-nomination#data

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

a cop posted:

Imo trump people are going to get indignant over his iowa loss and show up to primaries in droves.

It's mostly up to him and the media whether that happens, but I'm not counting on it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump Yes in NH is going up steadily, will probably hit 74c by tomorrow.

For those who still want to :getin:

I'd take a short position on it right now because of the poll teased for 6 am EST.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aliquid posted:

I agree, jitters may put him down to .66 before or after the debate.

Rationally yes but the debate's not as sure of a thing (in my mind) as the poll.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Which poll is that?

I don't remember the pollster but it was talked about in the Republican thread. The results are supposedly "interesting."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

a cop posted:

Trump gonna surge.

:pray:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Snipe alert: unless there's news or insider info I haven't seen, Rubio nom is a little undervalued right now, believe it or not: https://www.predictit.org/Contract/438/Will-Marco-Rubio-win-the-2016-Republican-presidential-nomination#data

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

I think it's probably undervalued but I also think he's likely to drop more before the primary. I also think there's a chance he won't recover at all and Trump will actually pull off the nomination lmao

I think it's going to go up a little bit from the UMASS poll where he's second, and peak before the primary. But yeah it could stay depressed if he doesn't come in second.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

Rubio is undervalued IMO. Picked up 200 shares at 29c.

Cruz also probably undervalued.

Agreed about Rubio, but I'm one of the people who thinks Cruz has practically zero chance so to me he's overvalued.

Btw the midnight votes gave Cruz and Kasich boosts for NH win, because people who use predictit are stupid.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Corrupt Politician posted:

I have a bunch of USPREZ16.SANDERS.NO worth a lot less than I paid for them in December. It's currently at 77c and I'm trying to decide whether to sell now. I guess it depends whether his NH win is already baked into that number, although I can't imagine a justification for it going much lower unless he wins by like 25 points.

The answer to "is the outcome baked in" is almost always "no." So you could probably make more money selling afterwards as long as Bernie's margin isn't embarrassingly small.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

JosefStalinator posted:

Yeah, the Dem nom is the good long term play.

Is it just me or is it weird that Kasich.2nd place is 50c but Jeb! is like 9c, despite being more or less statistically tied?

I think it's a combination of the narrative about Kasichmentum, Jeb's impenetrable aura of failure, and the midnight votes.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Note: exit polls aren't going to be predictive right now because of the bias toward the highly engaged, unemployed, and smaller towns. But I want them anyway.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

rubio NO for second at $.76 seems pretty solid, no?

No.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I don't want to rule it out, so I can keep my perfect record, but Rubio not coming in second is less likely than they think.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Protip: if you've made money off TRUMP.SCPRMRY16.GOP sell before Sunday.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

a cop posted:

You really think he's going to lose?

No, I just think the new polls are going to damage his stock slightly because the race will be tighter. You can buy them up again after the polls are released to RIDE THE WAVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

a cop posted:

Hmmmm. Think they'll get lower than 60 cents though???

Possibly right at the initial overreaction.

• Locked thread